佳礼资讯网

找回密码
 注册

ADVERTISEMENT

查看: 3559|回复: 12

新加坡人在澳洲 -- 外国的月亮并不总是那么圆

[复制链接]
发表于 31-8-2012 08:50 PM | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
http://therealsingapore.com/content/singaporean-australia-grass-not-always-greener-here

SINGAPOREAN IN AUSTRALIA: THE GRASS IS NOT ALWAYS
I am not sure how long these people have stayed in Australia to be able to make such comments. I have been in Australia for 14 years and these are my observations.

FTs in Singapore contribute to society but over here, we are letting in so-called asylum seekers who do little to contribute to society but instead form their own cliques in different suburbs. If you compare the FTs in Singapore and Australia, they are both the same in that they do not try to integrate. So the situation is not unique in Singapore.
Centerlink payments are still made even if you do not actively look for a job. All is required is a charade that shows you are looking for a job. There are a million and one people rorting the system. And for those of us who work and are middle income in Australia, we are supporting at least 3 jobless bums. Think of all the teenage mums over here that insist on having more children but does not want to work. They know they get paid for being a cow.
As for workers over here, tell me which worker would like to work harder or smarter? At the end of the day, people over here know that they have an almost iron rice bowl, due to the unfair dismissal laws. If you start a business, hires someone who is crap at their work, you can’t sack them. You have to first warn them (1 year) then if they do not improve, manage them, meaning teach them how to improve and give them time to improve (1 year) and then re-assess again (1 year). By then the damage is already done. What are you going to do about someone who is now entrenched in your company but is still a crap performer? Carry on paying them to do a poor job?
What about the minimum wage? Does that not create a greater imposition on the employer? How about penalty rates? Or annual increments? Do we care if the company fails here? Well, we do because we lose our jobs, but hey, so long as it is trading, people will still demand their increment, even if the company is losing money.
Over here, people have no respect for the law. How often have there been reports of police, ambulance or other essential services people being assaulted. How safe do you feel to go out alone at night in Kings Cross, Richmond or Northbridge?
Singapore may have its faults but tell me which country doesn’t. Do I regret leaving Singapore? In some ways I do. For the safety and security, the excellent education system (though very pressurizing), the cheap food, government subsidized housing and believe it or not, NS. I don’t regret leaving for a better quality of life, fresh air and working conditions.
But seriously, can we have our cake and eat it too? Be thankful that the PAP is pro-active, compared to the government over here, which is re-active. In Singapore, roads are built to lead to housing estates. Here housing estates are built first, then think about building the roads.
Having said all that, I have come to accept Australia’s faults and failings and try not to compare it with other countries as I think we can do a lot worse, even compared with Singapore.
To those thinking that by moving here you could do a lot better, I say good luck to you. The grass is not always greener elsewhere. Just because you have come from Singapore does not mean you are entitled to anything. Coming over would now mean that you are the FT that is taking away Aussie jobs. Welcome to the Singapore FTs’ shoes.

好像上次比较书面化和具体到词词达意的翻译大家不满意,那么我这次来一个口语话和通俗化的翻译好了:

我不清楚这些人在澳大利亚待了多久才能作出如此的评价。我在澳大利亚生活14年之久,以下是我的看法。
外来人才在新加坡为社会付出贡献。但是这里(指澳大利亚),我们允许那些所谓的“难民”进入澳大利亚,他们几乎不为社会做贡献,反而在街区经常结群结帮。如果比较新加坡和澳大利亚的外来人才,他们的共同点就是他们都不愿意融入社会。所以新加坡的情况并不是特例。

即使这里的人不积极寻找工作,他们也能收到社会保障金。你唯一要做的就是假装自己在找工作。有无数的人都在钻这个政策的漏洞。对于我们这些有正常工作,并且收入中等的人来说,我们就好像一个人同时在养活三个失业者一样。看看这里的那些年轻妈妈,她们坚持多生孩子少做工,简直就像被人付钱的母牛一样。

对于有工作的那部分人来说,你想想他们会选择更勤快地工作还是更讨巧地工作?每天日落之时,这里的人都明白他们的饭碗是铁打的,因为他们了解那个不公平的解雇法案。这条法案规定,如果你做生意不小心招到一个非常烂的员工,你不能立刻解雇他们。你必须先警告他们一年,如果他们还不改,你必须“教育”他们,教他们怎么提高,并且给他们时间去提高,又过了一年,然后再重新评估他们一年。那个时候公司早就蒙受了损失。请问你要怎么解决一个已经在公司里站稳了脚跟,但是仍然是一个垃圾的员工呢?继续给他们钱让他们继续在公司里烂下去?

这里还有法定的最低薪水,这使雇主受到更多限制。别忘了还有加班费。还有每年的涨薪。我们这里人关心公司会倒闭吗?哈,当然,因为如果倒闭了我们会失业。但是嘞,只要公司还在运行,这里的人还是要求要涨薪,即使公司正在蒙受损失之中。

在这里,人们不尊重法律。经常可以听到新闻报道说警察,救护车或者其他的公共服务人员被袭击。那你认为夜里在红灯区,里士满和唐人街有多安全?

新加坡可能有很多失误的地方,但是哪个国家没有呢?我后悔离开新加坡吗?某些方面,是的,我后悔。比如安全保安方面,出色的教育系统(尽管有些压力山大),便宜的食物,政府补助住房,还有(不管你信不信)军队服役。但是我不后悔为了一个更好的生活质量,更清新的空气和更好的工作环境而离开新加坡。

但说真的,我们可以鱼与熊掌兼得吗?你们应该感谢人民行动党的积极主动,相比澳大利亚政府的非常被动。在新加坡,道路铺设是为了引导房地产开发。在这里,房屋是先建造的,然后才考虑怎么铺设道路。

说了这么多,我其实慢慢接受了澳大利亚的失误和失败。我试着不要将澳大利亚和别的国家进行比较,因为我认为就算和新加坡比较,我们也可能会做的更烂。

对于那些以为搬来这里就一定更好的人,我只能祝你好运。月亮并不是国外的更圆。并不是因为你从新加坡来的,就代表你可以得到更多的东西。来到这里你就变成了抢澳大利亚人工作的外国人才。欢迎和新加坡的外来人才角色对换~

本帖最后由 slion640 于 31-8-2012 08:53 PM 编辑

回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

发表于 31-8-2012 08:57 PM | 显示全部楼层
似乎很有道理。
先赞同一下。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 31-8-2012 09:02 PM | 显示全部楼层
太硬了吧!语言要活泼。。。像希拉里的书名《Living History》, 刚开始很多人将它翻译成什么《生活历史》, 《我的一生》等等。 最后是《活出历史》最得人心, 因为较活泼, 也更贴切。 你的翻译少了活泼。。加油!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 31-8-2012 09:04 PM | 显示全部楼层
沒有什麼特別的.

誰說外国的月亮是圆的

沒有一個外国的月亮是圆的
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 31-8-2012 09:05 PM | 显示全部楼层
momochacha2007 发表于 31-8-2012 09:04 PM
沒有什麼特別的.

誰說外国的月亮是圆的

纽西兰的风景比较蓝,比较绿。。。从照片看真的 the grass is greener on the other side
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 31-8-2012 09:07 PM | 显示全部楼层
花心大萝卜 发表于 31-8-2012 09:05 PM
纽西兰的风景比较蓝,比较绿。。。从照片看真的 the grass is greener on the other side

马来西亚效外也是绿色一片。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

Follow Us
 楼主| 发表于 31-8-2012 09:08 PM | 显示全部楼层
KatakHitam 发表于 31-8-2012 09:02 PM
太硬了吧!语言要活泼。。。像希拉里的书名《Living History》, 刚开始很多人将它翻译成什么《生活历史》, ...

这算什么,知道怎么翻译《Live to Love》吗?叫 《化我为零》(我=i,零=0, live to love, 把live里的i变成love里的o,化我为零,这就是爱)
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 31-8-2012 09:08 PM | 显示全部楼层
KatakHitam 发表于 31-8-2012 09:07 PM
马来西亚效外也是绿色一片。。。

太过复杂呢。还是喜欢NZ咯
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

发表于 31-8-2012 09:09 PM | 显示全部楼层
slion640 发表于 31-8-2012 09:08 PM
这算什么,知道怎么翻译《Live to Love》吗?叫 《化我为零》(我=i,零=0, live to love, 把live里的i变 ...

对了, 这就叫活泼。 640 终于成功了。。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 31-8-2012 09:10 PM | 显示全部楼层
花心大萝卜跟黑青蛙有事要好好沟通阿,我觉得你们快吵起来
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 31-8-2012 09:14 PM | 显示全部楼层
xiaomimi 发表于 31-8-2012 09:10 PM
花心大萝卜跟黑青蛙有事要好好沟通阿,我觉得你们快吵起来

不会, 我们在讨论。好到不得了, 我和640 也很理性的讨论, 除非他要找人咂他。。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 31-8-2012 09:50 PM | 显示全部楼层
明天初16的月亮比较圆
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 31-8-2012 10:13 PM 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
月亮圆了就会有人狼。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

版权所有 © 1996-2023 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd (483575-W)|IPSERVERONE 提供云主机|广告刊登|关于我们|私隐权|免控|投诉|联络|脸书|佳礼资讯网

GMT+8, 6-6-2024 07:11 PM , Processed in 0.078739 second(s), 28 queries , Gzip On.