佳礼资讯网

找回密码
 注册

ADVERTISEMENT

查看: 925|回复: 4

报章新闻欣赏-最新-F1 Hamilton

[复制链接]
发表于 30-9-2007 01:16 PM | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
A 24-year-old Argentine man has married a woman 58 years his senior. The groom, Reinaldo Waveqche, told reporters after the ceremony in Santa Fe, northern Argentina: "I've always liked mature ladies." Mr Waveqche added: "I don't care what other people say." He and bride Adelfa Volpes, 82, are planning to travel to Rio de Janeiro for their honeymoon. Asked if the marriage was purely spiritual, Ms Volpes laughed and replied: "There is going to be more." The couple were married in a civil service after several years of engagement, and later walked through a local church surrounded by reporters. Their love blossomed when Mr Waveqche went to live with her after his mother's death when he was 15. He said he admired his new wife's zest for life, and emphasised how special she was to him

[ 本帖最后由 rioj 于 20-10-2007 01:09 PM 编辑 ]
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

发表于 2-10-2007 08:54 PM | 显示全部楼层
The bride's probably too mature...

Maybe she is a rich lady who is approaching death...
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2-10-2007 09:04 PM | 显示全部楼层
age is not a barrier to any marriage.
What i dont understand is...is she sexually appeal to the guy?
Or the relationship is purely spiritual?
lol
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 3-10-2007 09:50 AM | 显示全部楼层
desire for maternal love, perhaps...

[ 本帖最后由 tensaix2j 于 3-10-2007 09:56 AM 编辑 ]
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 20-10-2007 01:07 PM | 显示全部楼层
There is no sport where riches come more prominently than in Formula One, and there has never been a season in which that largesse has been more overtly displayed. This has been the year when a fine of £50m was levied on a team, and when Toyota and Honda continued to burn through hundreds of millions of pounds for almost no reward. And yet, with a heavy touch of irony, it all comes to a denouement in a city where plenty of people have nothing. Sao Paulo's Interlagos circuit is one of the few major sporting venues where you drive past overt poverty on the way to the gates. It used to be more obvious, but some of the favelas have been moved away now to make way for new, dispiritingly bland buildings. Yet peeking between them, and looking down on the motorways, sit rows of shacks and lean-to's, a grating reminder that this is a city of haves and have-nots.

Sao Paulo is a rather grimy, choked-up sort of place, but for Lewis Hamilton it could yet turn out to be paradise

You might imagine resentment would eke out, that the millionaire drivers and their assortment of Louis Vuitton-clutching hangers-on would be reviled and scorned. But you would be wrong, for Brazil is a country that has long loved motor racing, and Sao Paulo is the focus of that adoration. This was Ayrton Senna's home, and few have had so much talent and earned so much reverential attention off the back of it. Modern Formula One does not have a driver like Senna in its ranks. There may never be a driver who combines sublime sporting excellence with that intangible aura of messianic greatness that seemed to swirl around the Brazilian. Yet here they still acclaim the greats. This is a motor racing city. It's also a rather grimy, choked-up sort of place. Say you are going to Brazil, and people give you a wry smile, raise their eyebrows and wonder how you'll ever drag yourself away from the beach. Well, perhaps if you are in Rio do Janeiro. But in Sao Paulo, where new roads seem to sprout like daffodils in Spring, the only sand you'll see is being hurled into a concrete mixer.
Sao Paulo is a hot, busy and polluted place for a title showdown

And yet, for Lewis Hamilton, this place could yet turn out to be paradise. Interlagos, a circuit that he has never seen before, is where his title aspirations will be decided. On Thursday night, he made his first public appearance in Sao Paulo, turning up to promote a drink-driving campaign endorsed by one of McLaren's sponsors. He seemed cheery and confident, once again demonstrating the remarkable poise he has discovered at the age of just 22. Only once did he seem slightly caught off guard - a Brazilian journalist asking him if he thought his popularity was enhanced because, as she put it, Alonso is so obnoxious. Hamilton blushed slightly, laughed and said he would leave it up to others to decide.
606: DEBATE
Who is going to win the F1 title?
"I've had a great year, and I've led the championship for a long time," he said, "but if I don't win the title then I've still had a great year." Fine words, but I suspect it's only at public moments like this that Hamilton even countenances the idea of defeat. "I'm very comfortable with all this," he said. "I feel I was born to do this." But perhaps, as he left, he began to realise how his life has changed. His car was pursued by an imposing mob of camera crews, photographers and reporters, blocking his path and taking an endless succession of shots. Drivers are used to attention, but this was something else, something that even this calm young man must have found disconcerting.
Hamilton has been besieged by crowds since his arrival in Brazil

As he passed me, I looked through the window of his car, and his smile had gone. I suppose his sanctuary from all this fuss is out there on the circuit, where he spends most of his time concentrating on driving his car, interrupted only by the occasional burst of chatter from his team. We have to believe him when he says he is enjoying the pressure, revelling in it even. Certainly his composure is remarkable. On Friday, they were still painting kerbstones here, putting up posters and finishing dressing the circuit. Sao Paulo is a chaotic place at the best of times, and when the Grand Prix starts it will probably grind to a halt. Everyone wants to see if Hamilton can do it; nobody more so than the man himself.
[Source:BBC World]
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

所属分类: 人文空间

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

版权所有 © 1996-2023 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd (483575-W)|IPSERVERONE 提供云主机|广告刊登|关于我们|私隐权|免控|投诉|联络|脸书|佳礼资讯网

GMT+8, 15-5-2024 03:28 AM , Processed in 0.065993 second(s), 24 queries , Gzip On.