佳礼资讯网

找回密码
 注册

ADVERTISEMENT

返回列表 发新帖
楼主: 看不没有做

Can somebody check for me my english article? 更新中……

[复制链接]
发表于 10-5-2013 09:38 PM | 显示全部楼层
YongL 发表于 10-5-2013 08:17 AM
你好,
我当然不是英校生..
我是华校生,从小到现在都在大多数华人的环境下成长与沟通,很少机 ...

Hi,

Okay.... I think that's a common problem among Chinese educated students. We are having less problem in writing. When it comes to speaking, due to lack of practice, we are somewhat poorer. Due to weakness in grammar, I am lack of confident in my daily speaking and do hesitate during conversation with others. Sometimes I do regret to be a Chinese ed. student. Somehow, when I look back, it is really a big loss if I couldn't understand this language well as it is so beautiful. I am proud that I can understand mandarin and at the same time, I really have to work hard to improve my ENGLISH as well......

Reading your comment is really a pleasure. I have the same thought as you. I know that practice is the core of the learning process. I did tried before. I wrote in English. Somehow, due to I do not know the correctness of what I've written, soon I lost interest and discontinued. I read instead. And, like you said, mere reading that doesn't equipped with practice doesn't really help a lot. I read and I forget. When I opened up the grammar book, I found too many things that I do not know and I do not know which one to begin with. I then started from page 1 onwards, by reading and try remembering the rules. There are simply so many rules and as I read and remembering, soon I forget most of them. I do not know the platform to practice the basic. Do you still remember that when you learn those basic, how do you practice them?

Also, thanks for recommending Lowyat forum here. I never know it's existence / don't really aware of it before you mentioned it here. You know, I browsed cari english before and it doesn't have much correspondents in it - does it? and I turned to cari mandarin at last.

I always believe that apart from the students him/herself, a good teacher plays an important role in student's learning process. I have met many other good teachers but, for language teacher, not even one. I can't put the blame on them to be the only reason that i failed to master this language after so many years, but, at least, they do have some responsibilities for this - just to lessen my feeling of guilty...

I had a look at your lowyat forum post just now (Gmrulene - hope I am right). Salute!! I have to say that you are a really great self-learner. You know, this stupid Adobe photoshop (actually - I am the stupid one), I can't even manage to properly edit one photo to the effect that I desired. Ended up I blame that this software is not user friendy and turned my back to it.. haha~ you learn to make those effect solely on your own? I will soon register for it

本帖最后由 sk2013 于 10-5-2013 10:58 PM 编辑

回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 12-5-2013 09:07 PM | 显示全部楼层
Part 3
For me, I spent too much time to collect the information, but I neglected the time management, so that means a lot of efforts were gone away. This was because the limited time was not enough to allow me to present all the things. Hence, I prepared again the draft of presentation, cut down the useless parts and kept the important parts. It was hard to me to forfeit the things that i did, they seemed like my sons, I couldn't live without them.

Lastly, I used the rule of 8/2 in my presentation. In addition, the important parts were still a lot, so i want to speed up my speaking speed. It was harder for me, but I knew nobody would help me if I didn't force me to do that, so, that's a critical period. That was the crazy thing that I had never had before.

'Practice makes perfect', I trained myself through practice, practice and practice. Did you practice in front of mirror? Of course, I did. I practiced when I was walking, eating, shitting, bathing, and sleeping. In addition, I used the recorder to record my talking, so that I would know where was the problem when i was speaking. The total of records were not less than 100.
All the things i prepared myself even though the draft, but I thought my draft was not using the proper English. It was because most of them I translated from chinese to english, i swallowed all the information that i had read, and then described them through the use of my own words. Your own words were more powerful and important than others, because sometimes you cannot understand others totally, so the information that you are transiting maybe wrong. Therefore, I always swallow the information that i got, and then just represent through my own words until now.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 12-5-2013 09:17 PM | 显示全部楼层
sk2013 发表于 10-5-2013 09:38 PM
Hi,

Okay.... I think that's a common problem among Chinese educated students. We are having les ...

let's improve our english together~
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

所属分类: 人文空间

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

版权所有 © 1996-2023 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd (483575-W)|IPSERVERONE 提供云主机|广告刊登|关于我们|私隐权|免控|投诉|联络|脸书|佳礼资讯网

GMT+8, 16-4-2024 10:09 PM , Processed in 0.055091 second(s), 21 queries , Gzip On.