回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 5-11-2011 09:27 AM | 显示全部楼层
Razia to test for Team Lotus in Abu Dhabi
Added: Fri 4 Nov, 2011
LUIZ RAZIA CONFIRMED FOR ABU DHABI GP2 RACE AND F1 YOUNG DRIVER TEST

Hingham, UK - 4th November 2011

Caterham Team AirAsia is delighted to announce that Luiz Razia will complete the team's strong driver line-up for the forthcoming GP2 finale in Abu Dhabi next week before taking part in the F1 young driver test for the GP2 team's senior counterparts Team Lotus.

The popular Brazilian was the first driver to sign for the brand new GP2 team in 2011, competing in its debut race in February as part of the GP2 Asia Series. Luiz will return to Abu Dhabi where it all began next week following a positive season, pairing up with Alexander Rossi to fight for a race win at the Yas Marina Circuit in the GP2 2011 finale race Abu Dhabi, from 11th - 13th November. Reprising his role of the Team Lotus Third Driver he will then take part in one full day of the F1 test at the Yas Marina Circuit, taking place from 15th - 17th November.

Team Principal Riad Asmat: "Luiz has been a key player in the 2011 season in helping grow our GP2 team from a starting point of an empty factory in late 2010 to finishing sixth in our first championship. Throughout the season he has also been involved in the F1 operation, both on track where he took part in FP1 for us in China and did a very solid job there, and in sitting in on briefings with the engineers at various races to grow his experience of the F1 environment and help increase his knowledge of the way we work so he can jump straight into the F1 seat when he has his chance. I am sure he will perform extremely well for us in both the GP2 event and in the F1 car and we are all looking forward to seeing him successfully complete this next stage of his development."

Caterham Team AirAsia Team Manager Phill Spencer:  "I am very pleased to be welcoming Luiz back into the team for the Abu Dhabi GP2 Finale. He has been here from the start and had a positive season with us this year. He is a team player through and through and it has been a pleasure working with him in 2011. I am confident we can have a strong race and finish this special season on a high with both Luiz and Alexander behind the wheel."

Luiz Razia "I believe this is confirmation of all the good progress we have made this year and I am very pleased to be working with the team again. We had a great relationship throughout our first season and it will be good to continue that in Abu Dhabi. The test in F1 is a very big deal for me - it is a full day behind the wheel so I will be able to get a lot from it and hopefully give the team some good feedback. They will have a lot to test ahead of 2012 and I am really looking forward to being involved in that.  The start of the 2011 season at the Yas Marina Circuit did not go well for me so we will not be repeating that again, but looking back I had a really good race there in 2010. I have been training very hard recently and I am focused and confident we can go out there and be really competitive next week. "

GP2 Schedule 11th - 13th November:

Friday:     1015 - 1100hrs Free practice / 1455 - 1525hrs Qualifying

Saturday: 1100 - 1205hrs Race 1 (1045 - 1050 pit lane open)

Sunday:   1330hrs Race 2 (1315 - 1320 pit lane open)

F1 Young Driver Test

15th - 17th November
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 5-11-2011 09:32 AM | 显示全部楼层
我还以为是Rossi哪里知道看进去不是。
F60 发表于 5-11-2011 00:09

他已经有SL。。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 5-11-2011 05:54 PM | 显示全部楼层
他已经有SL。。
maocheng 发表于 5-11-2011 09:32 AM

什么意思?
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 5-11-2011 09:48 PM | 显示全部楼层
回复 104# F60

Super License
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 5-11-2011 10:49 PM | 显示全部楼层
回复  F60

Super License
maocheng 发表于 5-11-2011 09:48 PM

明白。
回复

使用道具 举报

Follow Us
 楼主| 发表于 10-11-2011 07:59 PM | 显示全部楼层
GP2 Final Race Preview
by GP2 Team AirAsia on Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 7:53pm
Caterham Team AirAsia will conclude 2011 at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi, the very same track the team made its exciting race debut when it scored a podium finish in February. After a promising season Brazilian ace Luiz Razia will join the team once more to compete in this one off GP2 race together with the young American Alexander Rossi who tested for the team last month in Spain, the two combining to make a very competitive duo.
Team Manager Phill Spencer “When we came here in February it was all very unknown to us. The test prepared us to some extent and the drivers proved they were very capable, but still our first race was full of mixed emotions. This time around we come here a little wiser and better prepared and we come with two very good drivers who I believe are capable of fighting for a podium, if not a race win. I think there will be a few flags during the race that will mix things up a bit and make the races very exciting. For us it's important we engineer the cars well and make sure we time it so the drivers can get out and get clear laps. I am as optimistic as always and looking forward to it - let’s hope we can go back to Hingham with a bit more silverware!”
Luiz Razia: “It’s a great feeling being with the team again. The environment at Yas Marina is fantastic and the track itself is pretty good too. After a year with Caterham Team AirAsia it will be good to come back here and have a second chance at getting a good result. With this being just a single event points will not be enough, we need to win and the whole team is focused on this. With this in mind the drivers will no doubt take a few more risks so it could be an interesting race. The win is the most important so this is our ultimate goal.”
Alexander Rossi: “I have had some good results at this track in the past. I love it so I am very happy to be here and following the positive tests we have had recently I am feeling very good.  In these temperatures you must pay close attention to hydration but you get the best air conditioning when you are driving these cars, it’s only when you stop you really start to feel the heat so you just have to make sure your body has enough fluid. It’s known to be a difficult track to overtake on but I am hoping it won’t be too much of a challenge should we need to pass any cars, I will soon find out what this car is like following other cars and what it’s like with dirty air. I am going into this to win and that’s the only goal so there’s nothing really to hold back on!”
Chief Engineer Humphrey Corbett: “We have lots of memories of late nights and the steep learning curve we had last time we were here but this time around we feel a lot more prepared. I am very pleased with our driver line up for the weekend, we have got the youth of Alexander Rossi and we have the experience of Luiz Razia. They both know their way around the track and the two combined will make a very good team. Rossi is really up for it and very confident, Luiz has things to make up for after a very difficult race weekend here last time so I’m sure he will do the business. I think they will both spur each other on and a podium finish is very possible for both of them. We have important guests coming out this week so the pressure will be on but I am sure it’s going to be a very positive weekend."
GP2 Schedule 11th – 13th November:
Friday:     1015 – 1100hrs Free practice / 1455 – 1525hrs Qualifying
Saturday: 1100 – 1205hrs Race 1 (1045 – 1050 pit lane open)
Sunday:   1330hrs Race 2 (1315 – 1320 pit lane open)
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 11-11-2011 10:51 PM | 显示全部楼层
Abu Dhabi Qualifying
by GP2 Team AirAsia on Friday, November 11, 2011 at 10:43pm

Caterham Team AirAsia will start Saturday’s GP2 race in Abu Dhabi from the second row of the grid with Luiz Razia after the Brazilian posted a 1:49.649 lap on his first set of tyres, finishing fourth fastest, just 0.3 seconds off pole. Technical issues in the earlier practice session saw Alexander Rossi lose valuable time on track ahead of the qualifying session and with 18 cars covered by just one second competition is as fierce as ever. Traffic caused more delays for Rossi before he set his quickest sector times just as a red flag hindered his fastest lap. With just 3 ½ minutes to go he unfortunately ran out of time to improve his lap time and will start from fifteenth on the grid for Saturday’s race.
Team Manager Phill Spencer “We qualified P4 and P15 so I have mixed feelings about the session. We had a slight problem with the throttle on Alexander’s cars this morning which we fixed in time for qualifying but unfortunately he lost some track time. Both cars were on their fastest laps when the red flag came out but it seemed Luiz was making the most of every opportunity and was really happy with the car. All in all I am pleased for Luiz and a little disappointed for Alexander as we all know he is capable of a much better qualifying result. We will fight from where we start tomorrow - a podium is definitely in our reach and as long as we can make some progress I will be happy.”
Luiz Razia (Best time 1:49.649 /  Laps: 23 / P4) “The car felt very good in the first stint and I was able to push straight out of the box but if I am honest I am a little disappointed as I felt I could have got another couple of tenths out of it and had pole position. In the second half the session was disrupted with a red flag and with just one lap left after the track went green the tyres were just not ready. The track surface differed a lot this afternoon – The F1 rubber helped in the first outing but then I think only one or two people improved on their second set of tyres. With regards to the tyre choice for this weekend I think it is good, I didn’t feel much degradation so although I would like to be on the front row I am happy. It’s a good qualifying result, we just need to push, have a good strategy and fight for the race win. Let’s do it!”
Alexander Rossi (Best time 1:50.236/  Laps: 22/ P15) “My practice session was quite disjointed so although my first run in qualifying was clear my lack of pace was down to the fact I still had no real reference points and I was still trying to find my way. On the second set of tyres I set my fastest first two sectors but there was a red flag and after that only had time for one lap to put everything together. I am frustrated but we’ll see what tomorrow brings.  The Pirelli rear tyres seem to go away quite quickly but it is the same for everyone so it will all be about protecting the tyres and whoever can do that the best will get the best results.”
Chief Engineer Humphrey Corbett “Qualifying didn’t go quite according to script, I was expecting both cars to be up there but at least Luiz Razia proved the car is capable of qualifying at the front. Alexander unfortunately had a lot of traffic and was blocked on a very quick lap after the red flag, he was up on both his sectors so it was a shame he wasn’t able to have a clear lap - he was just very unlucky. Alexander didn’t seem to have the grip on his first set of tyres so we will have to look at that. As for tomorrow anything is possible, Alexander is disappointed but he is capable of passing other cars so at the very least if we can get him up to P8 to start on pole for Sunday’s race that would be perfect - that and a podium finish for Luiz. It is all very achievable.”
GP2 Schedule:
Saturday: 1100 – 1205hrs Race 1 (1045 – 1050 pit lane open)
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 12-11-2011 07:30 PM | 显示全部楼层
Abu Dhabi Feature Race
by GP2 Team AirAsia on Saturday, November 12, 2011 at 7:23pm
Luiz Razia drove a focused and determined race this morning to secure second place on the podium in Abu Dhabi in the first of the two races of the final GP2 event of the year. The 22 year old gained two places at the first corner, avoiding the collision that took place between two cars ahead, and then drove what was undoubtedly one of his best performances this year. Aided by a swift rear tyre change on lap twelve the Brazilian challenged race leader Fabio Leimer all the way to the chequered flag to take second place in style.

Alexander Rossi moved up to tenth place in the opening laps of the race from fourteenth on the grid. Tyre degradation pushed the team into an early pit stop on lap eight and thereafter his pace was good amongst the mid-field cars, finally bringing the car home safely in thirteenth place.

Team Manager Phill Spencer: “I am so pleased for Luiz and all the team to record a second place podium here – it’s just a great feeling for the whole team! I am a little disappointed for Alexander but I think he has learnt a lot today and I hope he enjoyed the race nonetheless. He has shown he’s a got lot of character and confidence on track - he kept the car clean and in one piece so I am happy with his performance as well. As for tomorrow, we will go into the race with fresh new tyres on a level playing field so I look forward to seeing what we can do in the final race of the year!”

Luiz Razia (Best time 1:51.854 / Best Lap: 24 / P2: “The start today was crucial and thankfully mine was great after lots of practice starts yesterday, although I did lose a little time to Leimer. On his first lap he gained about three seconds so it was difficult to put pressure on him but we were way ahead of everyone else, keeping the pace up and pushing hard throughout the whole race. After my pit stop I was unlucky to come back out behind Haryanto but I fought hard and passed him cleanly. At that point I managed to close in on Leimer but I was really working my tyres and he continued to match my times. Towards the end my tyres went off a little and I feel there was nothing more I could have done today. It is a great result - the team did a brilliant job with the pit stop strategy so all in all I am very happy!””

Alexander Rossi (Best time 1:52.625 / Best Lap: 11/ P13 “We have been struggling a little with brake issues since first practice and this is where I was losing most of my time today. I was working my rear tyres a lot harder than we wanted to in order to protect the fronts and the braking, which in turn put more temperature through them and caused more wear.  Despite that, after my pit stop my pace was ok but I got stuck in traffic and wasn’t able to capitalise in the braking zones where the passing opportunities come about, so I was not able to defend or go defensive, but I know we will have this sorted in time for the race tomorrow.”

Chief Engineer Humphrey Corbett “Luiz controlled it very well today. He made a really good start and was rewarded with a fantastic result. He now has the experience and knows how to look after the tyres so after a fruitless race here earlier this year, and after a difficult test in Barcelona, he has regrouped and is back where he should be. His car was faultless and the team did good pit stops so I am very pleased for them. With Alexander I think the result today was a lot down to tyre management. He did have a different set up to Luiz so we will be looking into this in more depth before the race tomorrow, but we had to pit him early due to high degradation to his rear tyres. I think this has been a steep learning curve for him. He is very keen and this is his first proper race with Pirelli tyres so there is a lot to learn. It doesn’t help being in the middle of everyone but he managed to gain positions and held his own during the race, so I look forward to seeing what we can do tomorrow. ”

GP2 Schedule:
Sunday:   1330hrs Race 2 (1315 – 1320 pit lane open)
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 13-11-2011 08:30 PM | 显示全部楼层
Abu Dhabi Race Two
by GP2 Team AirAsia on Sunday, November 13, 2011 at 8:28pm

An eventful race concluded the GP2 finale in Abu Dhabi today with both Caterham Team AirAsia cars finishing in the top ten and showing good pace throughout the race. 20 year old Alexander Rossi went from strength to strength this afternoon, gaining an impressive six positions from thirteenth on the grid. He defended well to drive a faultless race and fought an exciting battle in the closing laps to finish the unique GP2 race seventh, just ahead of team mate Luiz Razia.
Luiz, the quickest man on track today, worked his way up to P3 after a succession of record lap times and looked set for his second podium finish of the weekend. Sadly all that changed when he was handed a drive through penalty for improving his lap times under a yellow flag, pushing him back to finally finish P8 at the chequered flag.
This concludes an exciting debut season for Caterham Team AirAsia. On behalf of the whole team we would like to thank everyone who has been an integral part of this team’s early success and look forward to the 2012 race calendar release next month.
Team Manager Phill Spencer: “I truly believe Luiz had the car to win the race today. He had fastest lap several times but these things happens and rules are rules. The last lap was very exciting and in the end we got both cars in the top ten and back in one piece. I am really pleased with the team’s performance this season. We have another trophy to take home so congratulations to the whole team and the drivers. It has been one tough season - as I have said before we have had our highs and our lows but I believe we will come back stronger next year.”
Alexander Rossi (Best Lap: 1:52.851 / P7): “We made big improvements from yesterday but this is only our second race together so it’s definitely a good beginning. As for today I had a good start and I gained a few positions, I was lucky at times but there were some good battles going on. The last lap was really interesting - everyone in GP2 pushes really hard but at the end of the day we give each other just enough room to survive! It’s hard fighting but I have a lot of confidence in the guys around me so that’s cool. GP2 is now all about the managing the tyres, that’s why it’s so important to work through GP2 into Formula One. It’s been a big learning curve for me but we are making improvements all the time. We have a good qualifying pace, it’s just unfortunate we weren’t able to show it this weekend - You need a consistent pace over the whole race weekend - this is the challenge everyone faces and we’ll just keep working towards that.”
Luiz Razia (Best Lap: 1:51.551 / P8: “My start today was really good I was up to fourth in the first corner, pushing all the time but conserving my tyres for the end because that’s when I knew other cars would start to suffer tyre degradation. I passed Felix Da Costa and moved up to P3 but then the yellow flag came out, in free air my car was so quick I backed off on the first sector but not enough as I still managed to improve my lap time which resulted in a drive through penalty.  I was very hungry to win this race today so when the penalty was issued I was very disappointed, but anyway I managed to overtake a few cars in the final lap but by then the podium was long gone. It was a good race though.”
Chief Engineer Humphrey Corbett “What a race! Luiz Razia had an incredible race – today he was on fire no doubt about it, he used his head and saved his tyres and when he got clear of Da Costa he just went for it, setting a lap half a second faster than anyone else out there! Ok he had the infringement with the yellow flag which was a shame but that’s one of those things. We know where it happened and although he slowed down it obviously was not enough and the stewards’ decision is final. From then on in he climbed back and on the last lap it all happened. Cars were going off everywhere - it was very good viewing and before we knew it he was right behind Alexander at the finish line!”
“Alexander has learnt a lot this week. His start was good and he climbed up pretty quickly, dicing with other cars for most of the race. He didn’t have any understeer today which is what we were aiming for so I am pleased about that. All in all he drove well and didn’t put a foot wrong and in the last lap he defended brilliantly. I think we should have had a podium today, but we have proved we can be up there which bodes well for next year”
2012 GP2 Race Calendar to be confirmed

Like ·  · [url=http://www.facebook.com/ajax/sharer/?s=4&appid=2347471856&p[]=125466644184619&p[]=241766909216930]Share[/url]

• Write a comment...

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 18-1-2012 11:23 PM | 显示全部楼层
Caterham F1 Team and Caterham Racing Confirm Proposed Move To Leafield

Hingham, UK - 18 January 2012

Caterham F1 Team and its GP2 team Caterham Racing have today confirmed that they are proposing to move their operational base from their current site in Norfolk to a new home in Leafield, Oxfordshire, in August 2012.

Team Principal Tony Fernandes explained how the proposed move will help both teams continue to establish themselves as serious contenders for long-term honours in the FIA Formula One World Championship and the GP2 support series: “The factory in Hingham has been our home since we were first granted our entry into the F1 World Championship in September 2009 and it has served us extremely well, giving us the perfect platform to establish both the F1 team and our GP2 team in the first stages of our development. However, as both teams grew, and in the planning process we went through when acquiring Caterham Cars and establishing the wider Caterham Group, it became clear that we needed to house the car company in the same facility as our racing operations, to give us the best chance to meet our future goals on and off track. We began looking for a site that could be adapted to suit the future needs of our racing and road car operations and Leafield quickly became the obvious choice.

“We propose moving the F1 and GP2 teams to the new site in or around August 2012, giving us ample time to build up the infrastructure required to house all the critical elements of both teams, and propose moving Caterham Cars into a new, bespoke development and production facility on the same site in due course. We are able to build the new home for Caterham Cars from the ground up on the Leafield site, giving us a permanent home in the perfect location for two of the primary arms of the Caterham Group. We will be consulting with all our team about the proposed move before we make any decisions about exactly which functions will be located to the new site."

“The factory in Hingham is where the dream began, and we will continue to develop that site into the new permanent home for Caterham Composites. We have cutting edge technical and production facilities already in operation in the factory, now focused on the F1 and GP2 teams, and we will be expanding those facilities to help meet the future demands of Caterham Composites’ clients in all the markets that company will operate in, continuing to provide jobs and investment in Norfolk in world class, cutting edge technology. Caterham Technology and Innovation will also remain in Norfolk, demonstrating our long-term commitment to our first home.

“While it will obviously be sad if the F1 and GP2 teams move on from Hingham we are not saying goodbye to Norfolk. This will be the next chapter in the development of both our motor racing teams and our road car company and gives us the best chance to keep progressing on track and, in future, on the road with Caterham Cars.”

Ends

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 28-2-2012 09:35 AM | 显示全部楼层
Van der Garde and Gonzalez  
confirmed for 2012 season  

Added: Mon 27 Feb, 2012

Caterham Racing is pleased to announce Giedo van der Garde and Rodolfo Gonzalez will join forces with the team this year for the much anticipated 2012 GP2 championship.

Giedo Van der Garde, who tested for Caterham F1 Team in Jerez earlier this month, had his first taste of Formula One in 2007 when he was test driver for Spyker F1. The following year he won the Formula Renault 3.5 Series championship with P1 Motorsport with two races to spare in the calendar.  Giedo then joined iSport International for the 2008/20009 GP2 Asia Series season and for the following Main Series, taking three race-wins to finish the season seventh. He joined Barwa Addax for one round of the 2009-10 Asia Series and continued with the team until the end of the 2011 Main Series season. The Dutchman held second place in the 2011 championship until the last round of the season in Monza where bad luck saw him slip to fifth place in the final standings after a strong season. This year Giedo will also be Reserve Driver for Caterham F1 Team, driving several FP1 sessions during the 2012 season.

British F3 National Class 2006 champion Rodolfo Gonzalez tested with the GP2 team in Barcelona in November 2011 following a full GP2 Main season with Trident Racing. The Venezuelan began his GP2 career in the 2008 / 2009 Asia Series completing eight rounds for Fisichella Motor Sport, finishing 23rdoverall. Staying with the team he moved to Euroseries 3000 and ended the 2009 championship fifth. That same year he replaced Davide Rigon at Trident for the German rounds of the GP2 Main Series. 2010 saw him complete a full season with Arden International, recording his best finish of fourth place in the Spa Sunday sprint, before moving to Trident in 2011. He impressed the Caterham Group with a strong F1 test in the 2010 Lotus Racing T127 and in 2011 in the T128 and the team now look forward to continuing the relationship and unlocking his GP2 potential.

Both van der Garde and Gonzalez will complete six official pre-season GP2 test days in Spain before the season begins in Malaysia on 23-25th March.

Team CEO Nino Judge "I am genuinely very pleased about our line up for 2012. We welcome Rodolfo and Giedo into our Caterham Racing family. They bring the perfect combination of speed and experience, essential for success in GP2. I look forward to helping them maximize their potential in GP2 and preparing them in their critical final stage of development towards F1."

Phill Spencer, Caterham Racing Team Manager "I am really excited about the season ahead with Giedo van der Garde and Rodolfo Gonzalez. Both drivers have had a fair bit of experience in the formula and the team now has one season under its belt so we are all much more familiar with the cars and the circuits and how GP2 operates.  Now we just want to get testing and start the season. The first race in Malaysia will be one of our two home races so no doubt there will be some added pressure there to perform well but everyone is motivated and keen to have a good season. The last few weeks have been very busy in factory after our freight back from Abu Dhabi was delayed, but the cars have been completely stripped down and everything has been checked so it's like we have two brand new cars sitting in the workshop ready for the start of the season. Both drivers are of similar height, build, and weight and I think with everything we have to offer them in terms of experience, training programs, feedback etc. we will all work very well together."

Giedo Van der Garde "I am very happy with our deal with Caterham Racing. I have in the past had some good results in GP2 but this year I am looking forward to winning races and I think I am in the right place to do that here.  Considering it was the team's first ever season last year they showed great potential and I hope together we can build on this and win races, lots of them!  The link to the Formula One team is a great advantage and I am very happy with that. I feel it's a big step up from where I was last year. It means I will go to all the Formula One races, but I will race a full GP2 season too which keeps me sharp. Now we must make sure we are well prepared for testing and consistently score points throughout the season."

Rodolfo Gonzalez "I am incredibly happy to be joining Caterham Racing this year and I can't wait to get going! I had a very successful test with the F1 team in November where they provided me with all the right facilities and a great structure in which to learn. In the past perhaps I have not had the right structure or opportunity to develop properly as a driver but I believe this team will provide me with everything I need to help me up my game and have a successful season, in and out of the car. I am confident the technical team are strong and experienced and together we will create a good working environment.  We have put together a very good package to help me develop and I am very happy to have this opportunity and to have a team such as this believe in me. I feel I have matured a lot over the last season and have learnt from my past mistakes. My aim is to become a better athlete and person all round - In turn I believe this will make me a stronger racing driver capable of winning GP2 races. Hopefully this can be achieved this year."

GP2 Pre-season test calendar:
Jerez 28th, 29th Feb & 01st March // Barcelona 6th, 7th, 8th March

Race calendar:
MALAYSIA, SEPANG 24-25 MARCH
BAHRAIN, SAKHIR 21-22 APRIL
BAHRAIN, SAKHIR 27-28 APRIL
SPAIN, BARCELONA 12-13 MAY
MONACO, MONTE-CARLO 25-26 MAY
SPAIN, VALENCIA (urban circuit) 23-24 JUNE
GREAT BRITAIN, SILVERSTONE 7-8 JULY
GERMANY, HOCKENHEIM 21-22 JULY
HUNGARY, BUDAPEST 28-29 JULY
BELGIUM, SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS 1-2 SEPTEMBER
ITALY, MONZA 8-9 SEPTEMBER
SINGAPORE 22-23 SEPTEMBER
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 29-2-2012 09:54 AM | 显示全部楼层
Jerez Test Day One

by Caterham Racing on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 3:28am ·

Tuesday 28th February 2012

Jerez, Spain

Day One

With Giedo van der Garde and Rodolfo Gonzalez confirmed for the season Caterham Racing were first out on track this morning keen to get day one of testing in Jerez under way.

Both drivers successfully completed various aerodynamic and data collecting programs today ahead of performance runs tomorrow. Whilst adapting to the new cars, Dutch driver Giedo completed a total of 38 laps whilst the team’s Venezuelan driver Rodolfo completed 46 laps.

Testing resumes tomorrow at 09:00hrs for the second day in Jerez.

Phill Spencer: “I am happy the 2012 season has got going at last and quietly pleased with how it has gone for us today. The engineers had a set plan and we stuck to it, it’s easy to chase times but in testing there are no prizes for that so we worked methodically through it all. It is early days and the drivers are still getting used to their engineers and crew but we are all working well together and I look forward to the next two days when hopefully we can show what we are capable of. Both Giedo and Rodolfo are experienced, they seem happy here and are working well, so it is a positive start and now we move on to day two. ”

Giedo van der Garde (Best Lap: 1:26.990 / Total laps: 38): “I am getting used to a different environment so still adapting somewhat but all is going well and I am pleased with our work today. The team are working really hard, it seems we are on a different type of plan to everyone else, but I am happy with what we have achieved, I feel there is great potential. Now it is a case of going through all the data tonight and getting ready for the next day’s work tomorrow.”

Rodolfo Gonzalez (Best Lap:  1:26.978/ Total laps: 46): “It has been an interesting day. We were strong straight out of the box but didn’t really work on improving the car too much today - we just went through the engineers program, and I have been very happy with what we achieved. It’s a good start to the season, we have been very productive and I think we can still make a lot of progress during these pre-season tests so I am looking forward to seeing how it goes.”

Humphrey Corbett:  “We planned a program for today, not looking at performance runs but gathering data for our simulation programs. We used the minimum amount of tyre sets which is good for us. I think most of the other teams were working on lap times today but we have decided to save that for tomorrow and Thursday. All in all we have collected a lot of information on brakes and aerodynamics with both cars completing their programs and finishing early, saving a set of tyres for tomorrow. Both drivers seem happy with their cars so I look forward to getting most out of both car and driver in our performance runs tomorrow.”
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 1-3-2012 09:36 AM | 显示全部楼层
Jerez Test Day Two

by Caterham Racing on Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 2:47am ·

Day two of testing in Jerez went according to plan for Caterham Racing today. Both drivers completed more laps than yesterday, whilst working to a different program the team tested the new Pirelli option tyres.

Giedo van der Garde was the man to beat this afternoon topping the timing sheets with a 1:25.893lap, following some set up changes made this morning. Rodolfo Gonzalez also made good progress but unfortunately his fastest lap was compromised when he was edged into the gravel by another car by mistake.

The third and final day of testing in Jerez takes place tomorrow 09:00 – 12:00hrs / 13:00 – 16:00hrs before GP2 head to Barcelona for the final three day pre-season test on 6th – 8th March.

Phill Spencer: “We have had a good day today with Giedo finishing the afternoon session in P1. Unfortunately Rodolfo got pushed onto the gravel on his fastest lap, but we know he is capable of more, so all in all I am really pleased for the team. The cars are running faultlessly and the work we did yesterday paid off as you can see from this afternoons standings, so we look forward to more of the same tomorrow. ”

Giedo van der Garde (Best Lap: 1:25.893 / Total laps: 52): “We are definitely moving in the right direction. We tried a lot of stuff yesterday and again this morning, but I think this mornings’ program was very beneficial to us and the progress we are seeing now is all very positive. Tonight we’ll have a good, long debrief and look where we can improve and hopefully we can make another step like this tomorrow.”

Rodolfo Gonzalez (Best Lap:  1:26.707 / Total laps: 61): “We worked on making some changes to the car balance this morning. After lunch we looked at data and set up and I adapted my driving style a little and changed a few more things on the car to suit me better and then we started to make slow progress, but progress nevertheless. Unfortunately on my second new tyre run I got pushed off track which ruined my best lap time, so we still have a lot of work to do. Giedo is strong at the moment, so we know what direction we need to go in. I have the team’s support and I know they will give me a good car, so I need to continue to improve to achieve the times we want.”

Humphrey Corbett:  “We look better on the time sheets today in first and fourteenth position this afternoon and this is all part of the plan, although you never know what everyone else is doing but still I am very happy. We sacrificed some tyres yesterday to do our program today and its paid dividends. We have learnt a lot through our preparation and set up changes throughout today and it has come good with Giedo. It is unfortunate Rodolfo had a moment with another car on track which compromised his time, but we have lots of very useful data to look at and we will be ready to do it all again tomorrow. We plan to do lap times in the morning and long runs in the afternoon.”
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 7-3-2012 09:40 AM | 显示全部楼层
Barcelona Test Day 1
Added: Tue 6 Mar, 2012

Caterham Racing had a productive day one in Barcelona simulating qualifying laps and testing various new set ups for both drivers. Giedo van der Garde set some competitive times finishing in the top six, whilst misfortune with a gearbox issue cut short Rodolfo's run this afternoon.

Testing will resume tomorrow at 09:00hrs for the second day at the Circuit de Catalunya.

Phill Spencer: "We have moved on from Jerez to a track where we race so the engineers have some different programs to run here. Both drivers' engineers and the crew are gelling together nicely which is good. Giedo is very happy with some of the set ups we have tried today. Unfortunately we had a gearbox problem on Rodolfo's car which stopped him a little earlier than planned this afternoon, meaning he did not have a chance to try a new set of tyres, but all in all I am pleased with how everything is coming along. "

Giedo van der Garde (Best Lap: 1:29.750/ Total laps: 42): "It's day one and we had a big plan to work through which we successfully completed, so I am very pleased with what we have done so far. Now we have to go through all the details and see what is best for us. We have been trying lots of new interesting things today, it's been a good program and we will see what comes out of it. We are working on strategies that will work for us for the whole year. This morning we went out and we were quick and this afternoon we finished P6. We know more now about what works best so we will analyse everything and hopefully put it all together over the next two days before heading to Malaysia!"

Rodolfo Gonzalez (Best Lap: 1:31.967 / Total laps: 48 ): "We were fighting with rear tyre degradation this morning so we did not find a true idea of where we stood. On the second set of tyres we had a bit of oversteer then encountered traffic. Following that we made some changes to the car which improved things but by then the tyres had gone past their best. We were hoping to get some good running this afternoon but unfortunately we had a gearbox issue, but hopefully we have got all the bad luck out the way. I have a lot to work through tonight and hopefully tomorrow can be a fresh start. "

Humphrey Corbett:  "It has been a very productive day for us. Both cars completed their programs although we had a gearbox issue with Rodolfo, it is not insurmountable but we will need to find out what happened. Giedo made some interesting changes to the set up and in the end finished P6. Early on we were simulating qualifying runs and learnt quite a lot for tomorrow's run. With Rodolfo we worked on his driving style and braking and he is improving all the time. Tomorrow we will once again test more qualifying simulations in the morning and then race runs in the afternoon with some pit stop practice too. "
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 8-3-2012 09:19 AM | 显示全部楼层
Barcelona Test Day 2
Added: Wed 7 Mar, 2012

Caterham Racing made further progress today whilst testing both Pirelli's hard and medium compound tyres at the Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona. Both Giedo van der Garde and Rodolfo Gonzalez ran qualifying laps this morning with Giedo finishing the early session P2 just 0.004 seconds off the fastest lap time. The team concluded the day with race runs and will work through a similar program tomorrow to complete pre-season testing ahead of the season opening race in Malaysia 23rd - 25th March.

Phill Spencer: "We have once again worked through our program for today and although there is still a little bit of work to do I am very pleased with the performances, especially this morning. There are no prizes for testing but we are sticking to our plan and learning a lot about the new tyres. I am very pleased with everyone's efforts and I look forward to concluding testing tomorrow and moving onto Malaysia in a couple of weeks time."

Giedo van der Garde (Best Lap: 1:28.744 / Total laps: 78): "This morning we tested both the hard and medium compound tyres to see how they behave compared to each other and we finished the session P2, so it seems we have a fast car. We are getting there with the qualifying laps. The car feels good, there is still a big difference between the hard and medium tyres, one compound is much faster than the other so we have work to do there but everyone is in the same boat. We tried a couple of things with the race runs and we are improving all the time. We are taking little steps to make it better, but it is coming. The team are happy and I am feeling positive, so I hope we can continue to find some more time in our last day here and go to Malaysia fully prepared. "

Rodolfo Gonzalez (Best Lap: 1:30.169/ Total laps: 83): "We did some qualifying simulations in the morning session which didn't go quite to plan. I was not able to put together a good lap, we need to work on bringing more heat into the front tyres ready for a quick lap and I need to keep fine tuning my driving style to get the best from the car. This afternoon we did some race simulations and I was much happier with our pace on one set of tyre compounds. Overall I am much happier with what I achieved today, each time I get in the car I am learning. It's all about working hard, improving and putting it all together and I think we can do that for Malaysia. We have learnt a lot today so again, I have a lot to think about tonight. "

Humphrey Corbett:  "Another positive day. We used two different tyres this morning during our qualifying runs and completed the programs with no issue and with both cars back in one piece. We have a massive amount of data to look through tonight to prepare for similar runs tomorrow. Giedo was very pleased with his qualifying lap time this morning but we still have a little to find in our race pace so we must work on our race set up to help us preserve the tyres better. Rodolfo has improved a lot, especially on the second race run this afternoon. He understands the tyre characteristics a lot more now and I am impressed with the way he is changing his style to suit the tyres we are running."
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 9-3-2012 05:49 PM | 显示全部楼层
Barcelona Test Day 3

by Caterham Racing on Friday, March 9, 2012 at 5:45pm ·

Caterham Racing has successfully concluded pre-season testing at Circuit de Catalunya after a busy ten days in Spain. More qualifying and race run simulations today provided the team with fundamental data ahead of the first race of the season in Malaysia on 23rd - 25th March.

The team is very pleased with how well both Rodolfo Gonzalez and Giedo van der Garde have adapted and progressed throughout these tests and will now travel back to the UK to perform a quick turnaround before the freight leaves the factory on Wednesday bound for Kuala Lumpur.

Phill Spencer: “We have concluded testing for pre-season and I am really happy, both drivers have had a busy program to work through. From my side, with our new personnel, new equipment and procedures, communication had been key, and it is working well. We have learnt a lot, and I hope the drivers can take away all that we have learnt and go to Malaysia with a good attitude and confidence to perform well.”

Giedo van der Garde (Best Lap: 1:29.490 / Total laps: 66): “Today was a new day – we did some new tyre runs early on and then this afternoon we did some more race runs. This morning we tried a few options on the medium compound, and we were really fast on the hard tyres. Both the team and I have some ideas about what we can do with all the compounds so that’s good. In the race runs we also tried something new, and it work well. We’ll need to do some fine tuning but it’s looking good, especially in our second run. For sure I am going into Malaysia confident, of course it is a different story at a race weekend with only half an hour practice, but I have driven there once before and it’s quite a nice track. It’ll be very hot, but I am ready, let’s get it on. The team are ready, I think we have found our way, there is some work to do over the next few weeks, but I think we are in good shape!”

Rodolfo Gonzalez (Best Lap:  1:30.680 / Total laps: 70): “We made a lot of progress again today and learnt a lot. Our new tyre runs did not work as well as hoped, so we will change strategy, but the race runs this afternoon were quite encouraging. The car was consistent, smoother and we were a lot closer to Giedo’s times, which is very encouraging. I know he is fast and will be up there this season so I am happy about that.”

Humphrey Corbett: “Today’s testing went very well and I am very happy with our findings. We did two qualifying runs with each driver this morning and tried some new things. Yesterday we had good balance on both set of tyres so we wanted to see if we could improve on that. Around 50 percent worked 50 percent didn’t so at least we know what to take out of the equation and what to do next time. Both drivers were quite happy with the car, I think we are just about there in the qualifying laps. This afternoon both drivers had their best long runs this year, the tyre degradation was very acceptable, now we must do some work to improve our pit stops. It is so hard to tell what people are doing with fuel and tyres during testing, so I think Malaysia will be a great leveller. Both drivers know the circuit and I am really looking forward to getting out there! ”
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 19-3-2012 12:00 PM | 显示全部楼层
大马站开始..
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 20-3-2012 07:31 PM | 显示全部楼层
Caterham 还是掉队啊!
williams sauber toro rosso 开始可以稍微挑战法拉利了,caterham 还是不给力啊
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 20-3-2012 07:44 PM | 显示全部楼层
Caterham 还是掉队啊!
williams sauber toro rosso 开始可以稍微挑战法拉利了,caterham 还是不给力啊
iGame 发表于 20-3-2012 19:31

老大, 这里不是F1区,是GP2区。。

怕什么,caterham已经快过marussia和hrt..有kers帮忙。。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

所属分类: 爱车专区

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

版权所有 © 1996-2023 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd (483575-W)|IPSERVERONE 提供云主机|广告刊登|关于我们|私隐权|免控|投诉|联络|脸书|佳礼资讯网

GMT+8, 29-3-2024 10:17 PM , Processed in 0.084138 second(s), 21 queries , Gzip On.