飘神 发表于 18-2-2011 17:55

这队是TONY的。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 17-3-2011 11:29 PM | 显示全部楼层
Imola Preview
by GP2 Team AirAsia on Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 10:56pm

GP2 Asia Series

Team AirAsia will compete in Imola this weekend in the final round of the GP2 Asia Series 2011 Season. The legendary Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari circuit host the very first GP2 race weekend in 2005 and is a welcome return after Bahrain was withdrawn from the race calendar last month.

With high hopes for the weekend ahead is Phill Spencer, Team Manager, drivers Davide Valsecchi, Luiz Razia and Chief Engineer Humphrey Corbett.

Team Manager Phill Spencer “We have come to Italy full of optimism having left the Middle East in good shape after our podium finish in Abu Dhabi. Back at base we have had time to look over the cars and although it has been a last minute event to organise for we are on top of it all and ready to race! We are all hoping for some more of the same good results this weekend and to go home with another trophy”

Davide Valsecchi “When I heard we would be racing in Italy I was very pleased, Imola is a fantastic circuit - I have raced here twice before in lower categories and it has a really good feeling about it. The team were strong in Abu Dhabi and I am feeling fit and confident so I hope we can be competitive here. It’ll be difficult if it rains during qualifying but I do like to race in the wet although it takes a lot of focus and can be quite risky. Even if the conditions are not perfect, we will try our best to finish in the top five.”

Luiz Razia “This will be the first time I have driven here - but I spent a whole morning on a simulator focusing on qualifying run performance. Having been on a track walk today the simulator seems quite accurate so that’s good. I think the main issue will be the weather. The forecast is changeable but hopefully it will stay dry for the race. If this is the case expectations for the race are high. We have a good car, good drivers and a good team, so I’m really looking forward to it!”

Chief Race Engineer Humphrey Corbett “Nobody expected to be racing here, but we are all just glad to be back racing after a couple of false starts in Bahrain. The track has been modified since I was here last but the first corner is the same - This has always been tricky as it gets very narrow, so qualifying high up is most important, to avoid start line incidents - The curbs here are quite high too, so drivers must be very careful over them. Davide knows the track well and although Luiz has never been here before, he has been busy preparing on the simulator, so once he has been round a few times I think it will be a close battle between them both. I am really looking forward to it all.”

Schedule:

Friday 18th March
10:00 - 10:30 Practice 1
10:30 – 11:00 Practice 2
15:30 – 16:00 Qualifying

Saturday 19th March
14:00 Race One (35 Laps)

Sunday 20th March
14:00 Race Two (25 Laps)
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 18-3-2011 10:43 AM | 显示全部楼层
想不到GP2还有imola站..
几怀念一下
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 19-3-2011 07:51 PM | 显示全部楼层
Imola GP2 Asia Practice & Qualifying

by
GP2 Team AirAsia
on Saturday, March 19, 2011 at 7:07pm

Imola Circuit, Italy

Friday 18th March 2011

Davide Valsecchi; P9

Luiz Razia; P11

Following two practice sessions yesterday morning new GP2 entrant Team AirAsia continued to show good form qualifying for the final round of this GP2 Asia season. Local hero Davide Valsecchi looked strong throughout and ended the session P9 ahead of today’s race at 2pm (local time). For team mate Luiz Razia, it didn’t take long to get to grips with the unfamiliar track, posting the quickest lap time early on – However on his second set of tyres he couldn’t maintain the pace and after the 30-minute run the Brazilian finished 11th quickest  at the chequered flag.

Davide Valsecchi (Best time 1:27.909 / 13 laps / P9); “Our aim was to be top five, so it is a shame we could not achieve that after a positive free practice. We were looking good in the first half of qualifying, however we made a few adjustments to the car, which didn’t work in the way we were expecting, so now we will start P9. We will just have to see what the weather brings Saturday afternoon and do our best and try and finish in the points.”

Luiz Razia (Best time 1:28.073 / 13laps / P11); “We had some problems in free practice but we bounced back in qualifying - I think we could have pushed a bit more and been a bit better – maybe used more grip of the tyres but we are P11 and I am looking forward to a great race– with a good pit stop and a points finish hopefully. It’s a narrow track so the start could be difficult - we just need to stay out of trouble and have a good race.”

Team Manager Phill Spencer “I think overall both drivers are a little disappointed we did not qualify in the top five. As Luiz set fastest lap early on the session got red flagged –By this point Davide had not completed a timed run, so we changed our strategy slightly. However on our second set of tyres we did not improve, so the engineers will analyse the data. Unfortunately we will start Saturdays’ race in the middle of the pack which can be difficult, but the drivers are confident they can make improvements and finish in the points. All in all the cars are in good shape - Hopefully we can have a clean race, with good pit stops and weather on our side.”

Chief Race Engineer Humphrey Corbett “It all looked pretty good after first tyre runs, then we did a few adjustment on Davide’s car which perhaps didn’t work how wanted them to- Davide said the car didn’t feel quite as fast as earlier, so we will look into this. Luiz was P1 earlier but could not reproduce the formula on his second set of tyres partly due to traffic. We lost something as it got hotter, but we have a few ideas so hopefully we can get through the first two laps of race ok and we’ll be good to finish in the points. Both drivers are confident they have a good race car.”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 20-3-2011 08:37 AM | 显示全部楼层
Imola Race One
by GP2 Team AirAsia on Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 1:25am

Davide Valsecchi; P6
Luiz Razia; DNF

Starting from middle of the grid in Imola Team AirAsia had a challenging race today. Luiz Razia made a great start amidst the frantic battle into the first corner gaining several places – only to be pushed off at turn two causing damage to front of his car, and sadly ending his race prematurely. Italian racer Davide Valsecchi powered through making up three places, aided by a swift pit stop by the team, to finish sixth claiming three points.

Davide Valsecchi (P6 / Fastest Lap 1:29.724); “We were hoping for a top five finish today, so I am a little bit disappointed. Our strategy in planning was perfect, but in reality a lot of teams did the same and pitted early so there was a lot of traffic and we couldn’t find the space to pass. The first half of the race the car was very competitive but after the pit stop we couldn’t find the pace. We did a great pit stop but it’s very difficult to overtake here. We start P3 tomorrow so a podium finish is in our sights!”

Luiz Razia (DNF); “I made a great start, overtaking two cars, but at the end of the straight someone touched my front wheel and pushed me off breaking my steering suspension - I was on the outside and didn’t see them coming. Unfortunately there was nothing I could do, so we must just move on from this and do a good race tomorrow and look ahead to the GP2 Main Series.”

Team Manager Phill Spencer “It is very unfortunate Luiz could not finish another race especially because he got an amazing start. We are looking into the crash, as the other car involved looked to moved right straight into Luiz not giving him any space. But these things happen in racing. There seems to be some nose and front suspension damage. But congratulations to Davide – going from ninth to sixth is good work! The car looked in good shape and he picked up some points, so we will see if we can collect some more points tomorrow and hopefully finish in the top three in the Teams Championship!"

Chief Race Engineer Humphrey Corbett “We are feeling happiness tinged with sadness after today’s race. Luiz made a blinding start passing Davide, but unfortunately he got pushed off very soon after and had to retire – sad but these things happen. Davide had a good race he made up several places and we did a good pit stop but we still need to find half a second a lap. We will look at this in our briefing, as well as maybe modifying the car so it is more stable over the high curbs here, but other than that the cars are well balanced, we just need to find more speed.”

Race Two: Sunday 20th March 14:00hrs (GMT+1)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Race One Amendment
by GP2 Team AirAsia on Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 1:27am

Team AirAsia has confirmed that following a Stewards decision unfortunately Car 27, Davide Valsecchi, was excluded from the race results owing to a technical infringement. All efforts are being made by the team to ascertain the cause of the infringement and ensure it does not happen again.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 21-3-2011 09:33 AM | 显示全部楼层
Imola Race Two

by
GP2 Team AirAsia
on Monday, March 21, 2011 at 12:30am

Sunday 20th March 2011

Luiz Razia; P14

Davide Valsecchi; P17

Team AirAsia successfully completed today’s GP2 Asia race at the Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari circuit in Imola to conclude their first ever championship, all be it short. Battling from the back of the grid both drivers persevered using the race more as a test for gaining information. Luiz Razia made up eleven places to finish P14 ahead of team mate Davide Valsecchi who finished the race P17 - and seventh overall in the GP2 Asia Drivers Championship.

Claiming one podium and finishing seventh in the Team Championship new outfit Team AirAsia has shown plenty of potential and will be back to join the GP2 Main Series next month at the official Silverstone test.

Luiz Razia (Best lap 1:29.942/ P14); “I was being very careful at the start - I found myself in a difficult situation in the first corner but managed to get through and then avoid a big crash in turn two. During the race I tried to set my pace to do some quick laps but it didn’t work as well as we had hoped. We tried a more aggressive approach and managed to collect some information, from the car and tyres - Overall it was good to finish the race today. We knew this series was like a training ground for the Main Series and now I think we know where we are as a team. We are strong; we just need to improve a little to fight for the win every time. All in all today was a positive day and I look forward to the European Season.”

Davide Valsecchi (Best lap 1:29.140/ P17); “I’m disappointed with how things worked out this weekend, I think we were a little unlucky. It was always going to be tricky starting from the back, but overall the car felt better than yesterday - My start was not great but we managed to gain a lot of positions and I found we were competitive. We wanted to understand the performance of the car, which we were able to do today. We got some good information – now we just need to make sure we are consistent. We have proved we can qualify in the top five and finish on the podium and I am confident we can fight for this in the Main Series. In the meantime we have a lot to do in testing - so we can be completely prepared in Istanbul. ”

Team Manager Phill Spencer “With both cars starting at the back of the grid we decided to use the race as a test – so we set up the cars completely different with view to learning for future reference, and we have learnt a lot from it.  It was nice to see Luiz have a decent race. Obviously no points today and this concludes the Asia Series but the team have done a great job and we look forward to the Main Series.”

Chief Race Engineer Humphrey Corbett “It was always going to be difficult starting from the back, so we used two different set ups on the cars as a test and we have found out what we wanted to know, highlighting some very interesting information - We avoided the early incidents and Luiz especially is very happy to have completed a race here today. Davide pushed hard - We wanted to find his race pace and because of the situation he could hang back and really push in open space so we ultimately found the cars pace. All in all we are very happy. As a new team this has been a good experience – We have lots to test in Silverstone next month, and two drivers that are well up for it.”

GP2 Main Series Testing:

Silverstone 5-6th April

Barcelona19-20th April

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2-4-2011 10:57 PM | 显示全部楼层
Pre GP2 Main Series Silverstone test
by GP2 Team AirAsia on Saturday, April 2, 2011 at 4:40pm

Here we catch up with the main man Phill Spencer - Team AriAsia's Manager

How are preparations for the Silverstone Test coming along?
Good thanks. We have had the opportunity to spend time with cars - check them all out on the flat patches and do a lot of measuring to make sure we don’t fall foul of any keen-eyed scrutineers. Davide’s engine is due for a change after the test I think, but all in all the cars and team are in pretty good shape.
So do you feel well prepared?
We are better prepared than we were for the Asia Series. We’re looking forward to working with our new equipment all together - For us this will be the first proper test we will do with all the equipment we need.
Obviously Team AirAsia is a new team so everything is new to you, but now the cars are used for both Asia and Main Series are you preparing for this test any differently to the Asia test in Abu Dhabi?
Not from the point of view of the cars. It’s all down to the equipment now. For the Main Series we will be operating out of an awning and a trailer – instead a purpose built garage. Our truck has now arrived with the awning fitted – and we have new flooring and light panels. We have been trying to catch up with day to day equipment such as jacks and tools etc – stuff we just didn’t really have time to fine tune before all the freight left for Abu Dhabi ahead of the Asia Series.
Silverstone is a legendary race track – is it a good test track? What is it like?
Yes, every driver loves it because it’s got lots of fast corners - Any driver worth his salt loves a race track with fast corners, that’s what they do it for.  It’s got a bit of everything – long straights, fast corners, slow corners, technical sections - And for this test and the Grand Prix weekend we are operating out of a garage which will be very nice. I am just hoping the weather stays nice this week - but if it doesn’t every team will be in the same boat.
What do you hope to gain from this test?
We are still playing a little bit of catch up with regards the top teams - we know there is a little bit of time to be had to catch them up but we think we may have found that with the tests we have done recently - So we can just look forward to it now and see if all the work that we have done so far proves itself on track.
Competition in GP2 Main Series is fierce, what are your expectations for the Main Series?
We go into this season just the same as we did the Asia Series - Although I think expectations are probably higher. As a team, every day that goes by we are working more closely together - We have also retained the same two drivers so to keep that continuity is really very good.
The team are gelling well then?
Oh yes. There’s a good team spirit here.
Now you have completed two races and some testing what do you think to the GP2 – 11 car?
I think it’s wonderful! I didn’t work on the old one, but I think this is really nice, it seems reliable, fast and easy to work on for the guys. There is an awful lot of work to be done on it, due to the fact there is only two mechanics and a truckie on each car – There is an immense amount of work and maintenance to be done.
You’ve worked in Formula One for many a year, how does GP2 compare?
It’s a little bit more relaxed than F1. I have moved into a Management position instead of getting my hands dirty as a race mechanic, so I look at it from a different point of view now - a financial point of view.  This series is a lot smaller; a tighter knit unit. The technicians and engineers have a greater work load - rather than F1 where they have one specific person doing one specific job - You have to be a jack of all trades in GP2 and its refreshing!
How are you feeling going into the teams’ first race next month in Istanbul alongside Formula One?
We have got to keep on our toes! All the big bosses will be there.
Will you feel extra pressure racing in front of Formula One?
Not really. With all the good people I have put in place - if they do their job correctly, then I have got nothing to fear.
Do you a favourite memory of Silverstone circuit?
I only live 15 miles away so I can go home and sleep in my own bed! - For me it’s like my own back yard. As a kid we would go up there every single weekend to watch club events, the Grand Prix, the lot - I know it like the back of my hand. It has changed over the years – different complexes & circuit layouts, but a lot of the people working there are still the same, and I know a lot of them. If you need anything the small companies in the area are a stones’ throw away - it’s easy, you just have to make a quick phone call and things are done! It’s a great place to be.
So you’re a local, does that mean everyone is invited to yours for dinner afterwards!?
Absolutely! Paella and few glasses of wine!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 6-4-2011 09:36 AM | 显示全部楼层
GP2 Main Series Pre Season Test 5th – 6th April
by GP2 Team AirAsia on Wednesday, April 6, 2011 at 2:52am
Silverstone, UK
Tuesday 5th April 2011
GP2 Main Series testing got underway today at the legendary Silverstone race track. Wet weather played a big part in the teams running schedule, with everyone limited to wet tyre runs until late afternoon when conditions improved. Both drivers managed one run on slick tyres before the last session of the day was stopped early due to a red flag. For Team AirAsia this is their first time at Silverstone, and as the circuit features on the GP2 Main Series race calendar this year, gaining track information in the new GP2-11 car is one of this week’s priorities.
Phill Spencer Team Manager commented on today’s testing “Today was our first run out in wet conditions, so we have learnt a little about the Pirelli wet tyres, which is good.  It’s unfortunate we are not to be up there on leader board – But just as the track began to dry and we went out for our last run on slicks, the session was ended early due to a red flag, so our times were not conducive to the performance of car. But both drivers are happy with the balance, so let’s just hope for better weather tomorrow.
Davide Valsecchi (Total laps; 19 Best time; 1:42.488) “We spent a lot of time waiting to get out and run due to the weather conditions today. We were quite competitive in the wet this morning – But unfortunately this afternoon as we were testing the slick tyres, the session got red flagged and we had to call it a day.  I really like the track – but changeable conditions make it difficult for us to do our job easily – but tomorrow’s weather forecast is better so we will see. We will have a lot of work to do but I am looking forward to it.”
Luiz Razia (Total laps; 41 Best time; 1:42.509)“We ran quite a lot this morning and gained lots of information about the new rain tyres but much of this afternoon was spent waiting for conditions to dry out. The track itself is very nice – the first and last sectors are very fast - and in the new GP2 car and new surface here there was a lot of grip so all in all I am very pleased with how it felt today. Our strategy was to collect some information about the circuit and make a few changes to the car rather than work solely on lap times - Tomorrow will be the day to perform.”
Chief Engineer Humphrey Corbett “It’s been quite frustrating today - Typical Silverstone in April! It was wet this morning, and it has taken a long time to dry up, but we have learnt a lot – It was the first time both drivers ran on wet tyres but I think we have found a good balance on both cars. Luiz did a lot more running – he got his wet tyres down to zero tread depth, where as Davide has saved a set for tomorrow - We also did some pit stop and start practice. This afternoon we managed to do one run on slicks but as people went for it towards the end of the session there was an incident and a red flag stopped all action – Ideally we would have liked to have done two runs just to compare set ups so we could talk about it and perhaps change things for tomorrow.  But at the end we have learnt a lot, and I hope we can have a good day tomorrow – Sunshine is forecast so we will have to prioritise carefully and do exactly what’s necessary.”
Testing resumes Wednesday 6th 0900 – 1200 & 1400 – 1700hrs
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 7-4-2011 09:29 AM | 显示全部楼层
Silverstone Test - Day Two
by GP2 Team AirAsia on Thursday, April 7, 2011 at 2:37am
Wednesday 6th April 2011
Test day two at Silverstone circuit saw Team AirAsia work through a busy program, following yesterdays interrupted sessions due to wet weather. Both drivers spent more time out on track today Luiz Razia completing a total of 55 laps and Davide Valsecchi 73 laps. Finding a good balance on both cars and general testing for future races were the teams’ main objectives this week - ahead of the Main Series season opener in Istanbul in May.
Here Team Manager Phill Spencer, Davide Valsecchi, Luiz Razia and Chief Race Engineer Humphrey Corbett share their thoughts on how this weeks’ testing has gone.
Phill Spencer “From my point of view things went pretty well today. The engineers have worked through their programs, Luiz is pleased with his times this afternoon and the cars are still in good shape at the end of our first proper test. We were not chasing times here this week – we have been trying different set ups to find the most competitive one for this circuit.  It is still very much a learning process for the team and I am happy with how things have progressed.”
Luiz Razia (Total laps; 55 Best time; 1:40.952) “We were a bit disappointed with the performance of the car this morning, but we made some changes and things improved this afternoon – it just came together and worked better. We did a lot of runs today which was good and we found a little more on the car but we still have a long way to go before we are P1 – However we still have two more days testing in Barcelona, which I am really looking forward to - It will be a different Pirelli compound but it will be interesting to see what we can find there.”
Davide Valsecchi (Total laps; 73 Best time; 1:41.183) “We tried a lot different set ups today to find the best solution but things didn’t work quite how we had hoped, so I am a little disappointed. Yesterday we were strong in the wet conditions, and again this morning we looked good, but I think we lost something this afternoon – But we will look at the performance of the car in Barcelona and hopefully find some solution – It’s important to be on top ahead of the season.”
Humphrey Corbett “We got through a lot considering we missed yesterday due to the rain. We tried a lot of exotic set ups on Davide’s car - some worked, some did not, but we have a lot of data now to work through which is really good. In the end we went back to a similar set up we used in Abu Dhabi - We will need to discuss in more depth but I think this has worked best.  We have a very busy few weeks ahead of us now – we have a rig test next week and an engine change for Davide Valsecchi all before the Barcelona test.”
Testing resumes 19th & 20th April in Barcelona, Spain.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 12-4-2011 09:24 PM | 显示全部楼层
BRP BECOMES OFFICIAL SUPPLIER OF TEAM LOTUS & TEAM AIRASIA

Lausanne, Switzerland 12th April 2011

BRP becomes official supplier of Team Lotus, the Formula 1 racing team, during the 2011 FIA Formula One World Championship, as well as Team AirAsia for the 2011 GP2 Series. BRP has supplied the teams with top of the range Can-Am vehicles. This is the first time BRP has entered into such an agreement with Team Lotus and Team AirAsia.  

"The FIA Formula One World Championship and GP2 Series attract motor sports enthusiasts and we believe that our Can-Am products clearly set the benchmark when it comes to the world of powersports and performance and fits perfectly in this environment," said BernardLeblanc, Vice President & Regional General Manager – Western Europe, Middle-East and Africa.                                               
                                                        Each team will be equipped with a Can-Am Outlander Max 800 Limited which will sport their respective team’s colours: green and yellow for Team Lotus and red and white for Team AirAsia. BRP’s state-of-the-art ATV (quad) will be at race events throughout the season, as well as other shows and events, and will be used to tow equipment between the pits and the garages.                                                
                                                        BRP will also be providing one of its signature vehicles, the Can-Am Spyder RS roadster, the ultimate three-wheeled ride with the Y-shaped footprint. It will be made available to these motor sports professionals throughout the season, catering to Team Lotus’s love of tarmac and high performance vehicles, so they can experience the Y-factor for themselves.                                                
                                                        Riad Asmat, CEO of Team Lotus and Team AirAsia Team Principal commented: “We are delighted to welcome BRP into both teams and are very pleased we have the opportunity to showcase the Can-Am Outlander Max 800 Limited in the F1 and GP2 environments, and improve our logistical capabilities on track as a result.”                                               
                                                        Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. (BRP), a privately-held company, is a world leader in the design, development, manufacturing, distribution and marketing of motorised recreational vehicles. Its portfolio of brands and products includes: Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-Doo watercraft and boats, Evinrude and Johnson outboard engines, direct injection technologies such as E-TEC, Can-Am all-terrain and side-by-side vehicles and roadsters, as well as Rotax engines. BRP products are distributed in more than 100 countries.                                                
                                                        www.brp.com                                                
                                                        Sea-Doo, Ski-Doo, Lynx, Evinrude, Johnson, Can-Am, Rotax, E-TEC and the BRP logo are trademarks of Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. or its affiliates. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.                                                                                                         ENDS

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 19-4-2011 10:40 PM | 显示全部楼层
Barcelona Test Preview
by GP2 Team AirAsia on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 3:58pm

Monday 18th April 2011
GP2 Main Series – Barcelona Test - 19th – 20th April 2011
Team AirAsia has arrived in Spain to take part in the final pre-season GP2 test this week before the Main Series starts next month in Turkey.   The team is busy preparing today at the Circuit de Cataluña in Barcelona, ahead of Tuesday and Wednesday’s on track activities – It will be a busy schedule as new entrant Team AirAsia look ahead to their first Main Series race in just a few weeks time.
Speaking from the track in Barcelona is Team Manager Phill Spencer, drivers Luiz Razia, Davide Valsecchi and Chief Race Engineer Humphrey Corbett.
Phill Spencer “We are really looking forward to this test and continuing the form we had in Silverstone. We took one of our cars to a seven post rig last week where we gained some valuable information so hopefully we can transpose that to the cars and go from there. The weather is good which bodes well for some good running. Both drivers have now arrived and are keen to get going.”
Luiz Razia “This is the last pre season test, so we need to get it right here.  After Silverstone we know what we need to do to be competitive. However when we join the Formula One events the rubber can affect the surface quite a lot, so we will only find this out when we race. In the meantime we must gain as much information as possible and try and be competitive. This is a very difficult track to get right – There are a lot of high speed and low speed corners, so sometime you have to compromise. For drivers it will be about not overdriving in the slow corners and not slowing too much in the fast ones!”
Davide Valsecchi “The track here in Barcelona is fantastic, and the weather is good so it should be perfect conditions to be competitive. I want to be really competitive this week, so we will try and check every aspect of the performance ahead of the Istanbul race in a few weeks time. I can’t wait to get out there!”
Humphrey Corbett “Our trip to the seven-post rig last week which was very beneficial to us, so we have lots to work with. During the test in Silverstone, we tried a combination of very stiff and very soft set-ups, all with a view to amassing as much data as possible. We now have that, together with whatever we find this week, so it will be a case of working through it all and getting it right on the day. The target for the first round of the main series in Istanbul is to win. It’s the same for every race. It might sound a bit trite but it is possible. We all have the same equipment, everyone has the same chance and the same job to do. And we can definitely do it.”
Testing times:
Tuesday 19th and Wednesday 20th April
Morning session: 09:00 to 12:00
Afternoon session: 14:00 to 17:00
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 20-4-2011 09:22 AM | 显示全部楼层
Barcelona Test Day One
by GP2 Team AirAsia on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 1:08am
Barcelona, Spain
GP2 Main Series Pre Season Test 19th – 20th April 2011
Tuesday 19th April
Team AirAsia was back on track and setting the pace today at the final pre-season test at the Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona. Working through a number of programs whilst preserving their tyres both drivers made their presence felt - Davide Valsecchi, the first to break the 1:29 second barrier this morning, was the quickest man out there finishing at the top of the time sheets having completed a total of 46 laps. Team mate Luiz Razia completed useful aerodynamics testing and ended the day seventh quickest after a total 52 laps.
Testing resumes tomorrow 0900hrs local time.
Phill Spencer Team Manager commented on today activities “We had a really, really good day to finish first and seventh! We worked through a lot a programs – aerodynamics, tyres, brakes, pit stops, the lot, so all in all it has been a positive test so far. I am also very pleased with how everything looks – the garage, the cars, the truck and the team all look really smart; very professional. The plan for tomorrow is more of the same!”
Davide Valsecchi (Total laps; 46 Best time; 1:29.718) “We had a really good test today. We have been very competitive and I’m very happy with the car. Tomorrow will be when everyone focuses on performance - We will need to push hard and hopefully we can stay in the top five so we can head to Turkey with confidence.”
Luiz Razia (Total laps; 52 Best time; 1:30.364)“This morning the track had little grip but we did a good job - We used just one set of tyres opting to save them for later, whereas other teams used both early on. Davide and I had completely different cars and we have been trying different things. This afternoon we did a lot of aero runs, we then put new tyres on and we were pretty competitive. To finish the day we did some practice starts, so it has been a very productive day. Tomorrow we will test another car setup and see where we are.”
Chief Engineer Humphrey Corbett “We had lots to do today, but we have worked through our test program on both cars which is great. Luiz did a lot of ground-work on aerodynamics – it had to be done so I am very grateful to him. We have been able to correlate a lot of data we have with information from Dallara. Davide spent time working on the setup – he is happy with the car, and says it feels like it did in Abu Dhabi when he won in 2010.  It is always difficult to know what everyone else is doing, but I think we played it right. Tomorrow we will be even quicker and times will be very close – I think teams’ strategies will be more focused on qualifying setups rather than long runs. Tomorrow we have some different programs to run to fine tune what we have discovered today.”
Testing resumes Wednesday 20th 0900 – 1200 & 1400 – 1700hrs
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

所属分类: 爱车专区

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

版权所有 © 1996-2023 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd (483575-W)|IPSERVERONE 提供云主机|广告刊登|关于我们|私隐权|免控|投诉|联络|脸书|佳礼资讯网

GMT+8, 18-4-2024 11:34 PM , Processed in 0.079367 second(s), 21 queries , Gzip On.