Car # 18 - Rio Haryanto - P19
Car #19 - Pierre Gasly - P11
Race distance:
Race length: 28 laps/ 60 mins
Circuit Length: 5.848 km
Tyre use:
Pierre: P Zero Soft - pit to -P Zero Medium
Rio: P Zero Medium - pit to -P Zero Soft
The GP2 field made it cleanly through the first corner of theinaugural Sochi Feature Race with Caterham Racing drivers PierreGasly and Rio Haryanto running nose to tail by the end of the firstlap.
The team chose to split the tyre strategies, with Pierre pittingon lap seven for primes and Rio doing the reverse ten laps from theend of the race. Both drivers showed good pace but Pierre lostcrucial time as he collected the safety car on his pit stop outlap. Rio was even unluckier as the safety curtailed any possibilityof gaining an advantage during his 18 laps on the prime tyre.
Pierre fought for the last point scoring position, challengingBerthon until the final lap, taking the flag in 11thplace with Rio bringing his car home 19th.
Pierre Gasly "The car was better than in Monzaand without the safety car at the beginning of the race it couldhave been much better today. I had to release the safety car when Iwas at turn two after my pit stop, which meant I lost a couple ofplaces, but this had to be done to avoid being penalised.
"Unfortunately I was a bit stuck behind the car in front of meat the end of the race. I was much faster than him but I just didnot have the traction to make a better exit than him before thestraight and get a tow. I tried until the last lap to pass, but Iwould have made a crash trying to pass and took 11thplace.
"The result is ok today and to be so close to scoring points inmy second GP2 race weekend is good. Plus I got some more mileageand experience in the GP2 car. Now my aim tomorrow is to finishinside the top ten and score some points for myself and theteam."
Rio Haryanto "We took a gamble to go prime -option today and we were on a different strategy compared to mostof the cars. Considering the pace we had I think this strategy wasthe right decision and we were just unlucky with the safety carwhich allowed most cars to pit and lose no time.
"The safety car was obviously the biggest issue for us as todaywe were quick. I did have a small problem with the brakes feelingsoft at the start of the race but I was able to manage this and itwas resolved quickly.
"It wasn't a great result on paper, but in terms of performanceI feel that we were better than this and deserved a good resulttoday.
"No matter where you start on the grid, every race gives you anew opportunity and we have to just keep focussed even though it ishard to start towards the back. Anything can happen and I hopetomorrow we will have a better result than today."

回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 12-10-2014 07:57 PM | 显示全部楼层
SOCHI SPRINT RACE                                                   
  • Added:                Sun 12 Oct, 2014

Sunday 12th October 2014

Car # 18 - Rio Haryanto - P15
Car #19 - Pierre Gasly - P11

Race distance:
Race length: 21 laps/ 45 mins
Circuit Length: 5.848 km

Tyre use:
Pierre: P Zero Medium
Rio: P Zero Medium

Red Bull Junior Pierre Gasly impressed on his second GP2 raceweekend, narrowly missing out on points in today's Sprint Race.Starting 11th he made a clean getaway, making his way up to seventhby lap 13. Lapping 8 tenths of a second faster than the leaders mid- race he looked sure to secure his first GP2 points, but a safetycar on lap 17 put an end to his charge. A late move on Negrao for6th position cost him 4 places, forcing him to take the flag in11th place.

Rio's race was less than perfect as he was forced wide on thefirst lap to avoid an incident, subsequently slowing as he feared apuncture. He had dropped to 20th by the time his car was given theall clear, managing to fight back and bring his car home15th.

Pierre Gasly "We have been a bit unlucky today and I can't believewe were so close to scoring points.

"I started 11th and managed to move up to seventh before thesafety car. Our pace was really good compared to the leaders and Ihad a big gap to the car behind. After the safety car I was havinga great battle with Negrao for sixth, but I locked up in the lastsector and ran wide. I picked up a lot of marbles on my tyres fromthat, losing more places on the last lap.

"I have definitely started to get a better feeling in the GP2 carthis weekend. We have made some big changes which helped me becomemore confident that I could drive the car in my own style.

"I am just disappointed for myself and the team not to collectpoints for the seventh place we deserved today,  but that isracing and I was just pushing hard until the end of the race tomake the best position possible. I have to learn from this but ifwe just look at the pace today it was a very goodexperience."

Rio Haryanto "My start was much better than yesterday and I passedthree cars before turn one. Palmer spun ahead of me  when Iwas on the inside line. I had to make a late call to go to the leftof him but there were so many cars there I lost positions. It was amessy first lap and I ran wide at the entry of turn six. I felt therear of the car slide a lot, this feeling did not improve for a fewlaps and I thought I may have a puncture but it looks like it wasactually just dirt from running offline.

"After that I was down in 19th place and struggling with cornerentry so I could not make much progress, apart from passingLancaster after the safety car.  The last lap was just chaosand there was no opportunity to pass anyone else.

"I need to have a good look at everything before Abu Dhabi as Iobviously want to end the season on a good note."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 23-11-2014 07:00 PM | 显示全部楼层
POINTS IN ABU DHABI                                                   
  • Added:                Sat 22 Nov, 2014

ABU DHABI FEATURE RACE
Yas Marina Circuit 21/11/14
Car # 18 - Rio Haryanto - P9
Car #19 - Pierre Gasly - P21
Circuit Length: 5.554km
Race length: 31 laps
Tyre use:
PZero supersoft pit to PZero medium
Weather: Air temp 27˚C / track temp 29˚C

POINTS FOR RIO HARYANTO IN ABU DHABI
In an action packed GP2 Feature Race Rio Haryanto drovefaultlessly, bringing his Caterham Racing car home in ninth place,scoring two points, the first for the team since it's new StatusGrand Prix ownership.

Following his strongest GP2 qualifying to date Red Bull JuniorPierre Gasly was unlucky in race one. Negrao made an ambitious moveat turn 18, hitting Pierre and forcing him to pit for a new frontwing. Back in 22nd place Pierre did not give up, maintaining thesame pace as the leaders he was able to reel in Daly, catching himby over two seconds a lap, before taking the flag in 21stplace.

Rio Haryanto "It has been a while since we scoredany points, so it feels good to have some here today. I had apretty decent start and on the first lap I gained two places. Justas my tyres started to drop off I came in for the pit stop, whichmeant I did not lose any time and it was the right call. The pacewas good and I was consistently lapping in the 1 minute 53/54's. I also felt like I still had some rubber left in the tyres atthe end of the race, which meant I was able to pass Marciello forninth two laps from the end.

"It is frustrating being so close to eighth and the reverse gridpole for tomorrow, but we have scored two points and I am sure wecan do even better tomorrow."

Pierre Gasly "I had a complicated start and hadto defend heavily into turn one, which put me on the wrong line. Ilost a few places on the first lap and after that I struggled withthe option tyres and did not feel I had enough front grip. Once wechanged to the prime tyre it was much better, the car felt good andalso my pace was there.

"Negrao crashed into me on the first lap after my pit stop whichbroke my front wing and meant I had to pit again. It felt like therear wheel was also damaged, so I think the pace was even betterthan expected as my car was not in perfect condition. Negraoadmitted that the accident was his fault and it was just such ashame, as we could have been very high up in the points today."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 24-11-2014 09:23 PM | 显示全部楼层
THE END OF AN ERA                                                   
  • Added:                Sun 23 Nov, 2014

ABU DHABI SPRINT RACE
Yas Marina Circuit 23/11/14
Car # 18 - Rio Haryanto - P12
Car #19 - Pierre Gasly - P18
Circuit Length: 5.554km
Race length: 22 laps / 45 mins
Tyre use: PZero medium
Weather: Air temp 32˚C / track temp 46˚C
In the closely contested GP2 Season Finale both Caterham Racingdrivers made flying starts. Rio Haryanto made up three places offthe line, dropping back to twelfth as he was squeezed wide at turnfive. Maintaining the pressure but unable to overtake Leal, Riotook the chequered flag in 12th place.
Forced to start 21st following the damage Negraoinflicted on his car in race one, Red Bull Junior Pierre Gasly wasup to 16th by the end of the first lap. Fighting hard atthe start of the race took its toll on his tyres, leaving himwithout the pace to maintain his position in the closing laps,bringing his car home eighteenth in his 6th GP2 raceweekend.
Caterham Racing has enjoyed four successful seasons in the GP2Series and now the team look forward to their future with StatusGrand Prix.
Rio Haryanto "My start was a lot better thanthe others around me. I gained two or three places off the line butI was on the outside at turn one and was pushed wide onto the AstroTurf causing me to lose traction. At that point I was still abouteighth and then Vandoorne pushed me out at the exit of turn six andI fell back to 12th.
"From then our pace was ok but everyone around me was similarand there were no real opportunities to overtake. I pushed Lealhard towards the end of the race but could not pass him.
"It has been a year of ups and downs and we were expecting morepoints this season, but we have had some bad luck and it has been agreat learning curve with the team. The people in the team arereally great and if I come back to the team next year, we will needto try and improve on our luck and work even harder."
Pierre Gasly "Starting 21st in theGP2 Sprint race today after my car was damaged by Negrao yesterdaywas never going to be something easy. The first lap was good and Igained five places getting up to 16th and I did almostthe whole race behind Daly and Lancaster. I could not pass them andwe were not strong enough in the overtaking areas to overtake them.I used a lot of tyres early in the race trying to pass which meantthe last two laps were very difficult with the rear tyres and Ilost two positions which was really frustrating.
"I think we did a good improvement in qualifying this weekendstarting P6 and this is what we need to remember. I have still beengetting used to the Pirelli tyres and learning the GP2 car, butthis has been a great experience on a great track and there willalways be new things to learn. This experience will help me inwhatever I do next year."
Caterham Racing Team Principal, Mia Sharizman"I would like to thank everyone who has been involved with CaterhamRacing during the last four years, especially Caterham F1 Team whowe worked so closely with at Leafield Technical Centre. We havebuilt a very strong team of dedicated personnel and I wish each andevery one of them success in the future.
"We have also been privileged to work with some exceptionaldrivers, who have provided us with multiple podiums and race wins.It has been a pleasure working with Rio Haryanto and Pierre Gaslyin our final race weekend as Caterham Racing and I am sure theywill both achieve great things.
"We also need to thank Bruno Michel, for allowing us to be partof his ultra-competitive Formula One feeder Series for four seasonsand I wish Teddy Yip Jnr, Mark Gallagher, David Kennedy and theirStatus Grand Prix team all the best for the future."

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

所属分类: 爱车专区

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

版权所有 © 1996-2023 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd (483575-W)|IPSERVERONE 提供云主机|广告刊登|关于我们|私隐权|免控|投诉|联络|脸书|佳礼资讯网

GMT+8, 29-3-2024 03:52 PM , Processed in 0.055332 second(s), 21 queries , Gzip On.