Malaysian GP - Thursday 1st April 2010

Facebook Lotus Racing Photo
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 1-4-2010 10:31 PM | 显示全部楼层
Lotus Racing Malaysia Thoughts
Lotus Racing Malaysia

01 April 2010

Lotus Racing heads into the weekend's race feeling confident about maintaining their positive start to the season at the Malaysian Grand Prix. Lotus Racing also looks forward to welcoming Malaysian driver Fairuz Fauzy, to his first practice on Friday morning, where he will be taking the Lotus Cosworth T127-01 around the Sepang Circuit.

Fairuz commented "First of all I'm very pleased to be back home, and I'm very happy to have been given the opportunity to drive on Friday - it'll be a good chance to test the track and the driving conditions, and I feel very happy to be back in F1TM driving for Lotus Racing in my home country of Malaysia after my last run in Barcelona. The car is much improved from the past two races and I hope we can continue the good development."

Chief Technical Officer Mike Gascoyne said: "We left Australia with mixed feelings - delighted that Heikki finished and showed, again, that our initial focus on building a reliable car is paying off, but sorry for Jarno that he didn't have the chance to start the race because of a failure that was out of our control. We go into this weekend determined to give both drivers the chance to maintain our good start to the season - we've finished three out of four so far and I want to make it five out of six at Sepang.

"On a personal level it's great to be back in Malaysia and give the fans the chance to show what we've been working on since September last year. I spent a lot of time here with Tony, Din and Nasa when we were putting the entry together, and when we launched the team, and it's just great to be back here with two races done, and to show that the dream we had, and the hard work we're all putting in, is starting to pay off.

"The race this weekend will be another tough one for us - the temperature and the weather will obviously play a big part in our strategy for the weekend, but I'm confident we'll be able to build on the solid start we've had so far, and put on a good show for our Malaysian fans."

Turning attention to the race itself, Heikki and Jarno both echoed Mike's comments, with Heikki saying "I've always looked forward to the Sepang race. It's a technical circuit, one that puts heavy demands on your fitness level and pays you back if you find a good rhythm. I trained well over the winter and am feeling really good, physically and mentally, so I'm looking forward to the challenge, and after Bahrain and Melbourne my confidence levels in the car continue to grow, so basically I'm looking forward to getting on with it. I've also got the chance to play a bit of golf on Wednesday, so for me it looks like this will be a great week!"

Jarno added: "I was obviously disappointed not to start in Melbourne, but that makes me even more determined to do well in Malaysia. I know the team and our suppliers have been putting in the hours to fix the problem we had, so I just want to get back on track and push. Sepang's a hard race for sure - the heat and the humidity can make it pretty uncomfortable, but it's the same for everyone and maybe my experience helps me cope with it better than some. I like the track itself - finding a decent setup is a challenge as it's pretty hard on brakes and tyres, and it'll be interesting to see how the car behaves with full tanks around here, but I'll do my best and we'll see what happens."

Rounding off the Lotus Racing team's thoughts on its Malaysian homecoming is Team Principal Tony Fernandes, who said: "It's difficult to put into words just how happy I am to see Lotus Racing in Malaysia, and to see the reaction of the fans to our arrival here. It proves to me that I'm right about chasing your dreams. Just over six months ago I said we'd be here, and quite a few very experienced, very clever people said it couldn't be done - you couldn't build an F1TM team from scratch, literally from just an entry, to not just racing, but racing professionally, like we've been here for many years, in just six months, but we've done it and we're here. I'm so proud - not just of everyone in the team for the hard work they've put in since September and continue to do so every day, but also of every single one of our fans around the world, and particularly here in Malaysia, my home and one of the homes of Lotus Racing. We are British and Malaysian, united, and I want Lotus Racing to be accessible to anyone, anywhere, globally. We're here to show you that if you want to achieve amazing things you can. We're living the dream right now and I'm just really pleased that everyone in Malaysia can join us in doing so."
回复

使用道具 举报

Follow Us
发表于 1-4-2010 11:40 PM | 显示全部楼层
Lotus是真的蛮不错。。但,有那飞“法如之” 就是个错误。。

凭什么跑F1
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 1-4-2010 11:52 PM | 显示全部楼层
我没去看哦....可是我去了KLCC看老舒..
http://cforum1.cari.com.my/viewt ... &extra=page%3D1
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

发表于 1-4-2010 11:53 PM | 显示全部楼层
我没去看哦....可是我去了KLCC看老舒..
http://cforum1.cari.com.my/viewt ... &extra=page%3D1
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2-4-2010 12:15 AM | 显示全部楼层
Lotus是真的蛮不错。。但,有那飞“法如之” 就是个错误。。

凭什么跑F1
brokenheart 发表于 1-4-2010 23:40

他已经可以跑F1了,因为他跑了150圈在试车练习。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2-4-2010 09:38 AM | 显示全部楼层
Malaysian GP - Friday 2nd April 2010

Facebook Lotus Racing
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2-4-2010 11:53 AM | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 maocheng 于 2-4-2010 03:43 PM 编辑

Malaysia GP- P1
19        18        Jarno Trulli        Lotus-Cosworth        1:39.460        4.539       
22        19        Fairuz Fauzy        Lotus-Cosworth        1:40.721        5.800

Malaysia GP- P2
18        18        Jarno Trulli        Lotus-Cosworth        1:38.454        4.279       
19        19        Heikki Kovalainen        Lotus-Cosworth        1:38.530        4.355
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2-4-2010 09:22 PM | 显示全部楼层
Lotus
Jarno Trulli, P1 - 1:39.460, 19th; P2 - 1:38.454, 18th
"It started off as a difficult day but I managed to do some good setup work and it was a positive two sessions. It seems we are competitive when compared to the other new teams but as we are ultimately aiming to fight with the top teams we are looking to get ourselves into a position where we can work on detailed setups, and that will start from Barcelona. I am pleased that today's sessions, when compared to the previous two races, both went faultlessly and I'm very glad about that. I like the heat - I like racing in the heat as it tests fitness and I've always performed well here, so I'm looking forward to tomorrow and the race on Sunday."

Heikki Kovalainen, P1 - n/a; P2 - 1:38.530, 19th
"I'm really pleased with the car - obviously I didn't get much time to practice today, but it felt good and I'm feeling very confident with it. I'm looking forward to the race ahead - I think we're in really good shape. We tried a different set up with my car, and it took a few laps to get into it, but really I was very pleased and happy and looking forward to getting in the car again tomorrow. Weather wise, it is very hot and humid, and it is difficult conditions here, but I'm feeling good and am very fit for the race."

Fairuz Fauzy, P1 - 1:40.721, 22nd; P2 - n/a
"I feel very good, very motivated and this is really a special day for me as it's our home run. It is great to be back again. The last time I was in Barcelona, which is a long time ago! I've always said that I'll be ready and fit, but it's still great that I was on the pace immediately. I'm happy and I hope we can do well this weekend - the car feels great, and I think it's faster than it was in Melbourne. It's going to be an exciting weekend - in Malaysia, anything can happen! If it rains and we can get an advantage out of it, then that's good."

Tony Fernandes, Lotus team principal
"A great day - we did everything we wanted to do and I'm extremely pleased. We're getting better and better so let's hope we continue this tomorrow in qualifying. We are being realistic though - points aren't in my mind. I just want to finish the race, get both cars home and keep our feet on the ground. Of course I'm still dreaming - I put Colin Chapman's cap on the pit wall to remind everyone of what we're aspiring to, but we'll get there in the right way, and the dream continues."

Mike Gascoyne, Lotus chief technical officer
“All round a very successful day. It was good to have Fairuz in the car this morning and he was able to complete his entire program. Heikki took over the car in the afternoon and was also able to finish his planned program - evaluating the tyres and the race pace of the car. We had no mechanical issues on either car and in general I'm very pleased with the progress we're making, so well done to the whole team."
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2-4-2010 09:31 PM | 显示全部楼层
Lotus Racing Malaysia GP Friday Practice
Lotus Racing Friday Practice Malaysian Grand Prix

02 April 2010

Friday at the Malaysian Grand Prix was an emotional day for everyone in Lotus Racing, with birthdays and a Malaysian first giving the team a very good day of practice at Sepang. It began with a celebration of Chief Technical Officer Mike Gascoyne's birthday in the garage, with the whole team's efforts at singing being led by Team Principal Tony Fernandes, who presented Mike and his partner Silvi, Lotus Racing's Head of Brand, who also celebrated her birthday two days before, with an enormous cake that the team made short work of in the morning heat.

The action on track then began in what is fast becoming Lotus Racing's signature style, with Fairuz Fauzy in chassis T127-01 first out on track trying out a shark fin engine cover in the morning session. Whilst replacing Heikki Kovalainen for the session he completed 19 laps with a best time of 1.40.721 in a good run in the morning heat. Jarno Trulli completed 21 laps and finished ahead of the other new teams on 1.39.460.

Before Fairuz saw the green light Tony lent into the cockpit to tell Fairuz how proud both he and the whole country was of this landmark moment. After the session was completed Tony said "It's just unbelievable! I woke up at 6am today as I couldn't sleep I was so excited. I'm just really pleased to see Fairuz out there with Jarno and the rest of the household names that make up the grid.

"It's great that F1TM gives the chance for developing teams and developing countries to come to the fore and grab this sort of opportunity. It shows that the combination of British and Malaysian skills can dare to dream of competing on a global level, and can do so in an innovative, fresh way. Fairuz is a lad who has climbed the motorsport ladder - from his local roots at the kart circuit his Father built in Kuala Lumpur, to being on track in F1TM in a car built in the UK and competing all around the world. For me that's a very clear sign of how well our Anglo-Malaysian collaboration is working, and long may that continue."

Fairuz himself said "I feel very good, very motivated and this is really a special day for me as it's our home run. It's great to be back again. The last time I was in Barcelona, which is a long time ago! I've always said that I'll be ready and fit, but it's still great that I was on the pace immediately. I'm happy and I hope we can do well this weekend - the car feels great, and I think it's faster than it was in Melbourne. It's going to be an exciting weekend - in Malaysia, anything can happen! If it rains and we can get an advantage out of it, then that's good.

Jarno Trulli: "It started off as a difficult day but I managed to do some good setup work and it was a positive two sessions. It seems we are competitive when compared to the other new teams but as we are ultimately aiming to fight with the top teams we are looking to get ourselves into a position where we can work on detailed setups, and that will start from Barcelona. I am pleased that today's sessions, when compared to the previous two races, both went faultlessly and I'm very glad about that. I like the heat - I like racing in the heat as it tests fitness and I've always performed well here, so I'm looking forward to tomorrow and the race on Sunday."

Heikki Kovalainen:  "I'm really pleased with the car - obviously I didn't get much time to practice today, but it felt good and I'm feeling very confident with it. I'm looking forward to the race ahead - I think we're in really good shape. We tried a different set up with my car, and it took a few laps to get into it, but really I was very pleased and happy and looking forward to getting in the car again tomorrow. Weather wise, it is very hot and humid, and it's difficult conditions here, but I'm feeling good and am very fit for the race."

Mike Gascoyne: "All round a very successful day. It was good to have Fairuz in the car this morning and he was able to complete his entire program. Heikki took over the car in the afternoon and was also able to finish his planned program - evaluating the tyres and the race pace of the car. We had no mechanical issues on either car and in general I'm very pleased with the progress we're making, so well done to the whole team."

Rounding off the day in Malaysia was Tony Fernandes who said "Great day - we did everything we wanted to do and I'm extremely pleased. We're getting better and better so let's hope we continue this tomorrow in qualifying. We are being realistic though - points aren't in my mind. I just want to finish the race, get both cars home and keep our feet on the ground. Of course I'm still dreaming - I put Colin Chapman's cap on the pit wall to remind everyone of what we're aspiring to, but we'll get there in the right way, and the dream continues."
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 3-4-2010 04:22 PM | 显示全部楼层
下大雨。。
兩台紅馬出局。 Kovolainen 進 Q2 {:3_84:}
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 3-4-2010 08:41 PM | 显示全部楼层
三个最强在后面开始....呵呵呵
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

发表于 3-4-2010 09:27 PM | 显示全部楼层
Williams也同样用coswoth,成绩却差那么多?
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 3-4-2010 09:32 PM | 显示全部楼层
Malaysia GP Qualifying - Another Step Forward For Lotus Racing
Lotus Racing in Malaysia

03 April 2010

Saturday's qualifying session saw Lotus Racing's sunny faces beaming through the rain as another important milestone was achieved, with Heikki Kovalainen going into his first Q2 with the team and finishing 15th (1.52.270) after a clever strategy took advantage of the heavy rain that started falling just before the session began. Jarno Trulli (18th, 1.52.884) narrowly missed out on Q2 but was satisfied he did all he could in tricky conditions.

Heikki Kovalainen (T127-01): "I'm so pleased! I really like these conditions - it's very hard to judge your speed and you really have to take some risks, and all the time you're feeling like you might lose the car, but that's the challenge and I love it! On some parts of the track it was very wet and raining hard, and on others it wasn't so much. Getting to Q2 really exceeds expectations for me and the whole team - yes of course we've been a little bit lucky today for sure, but it means we beat the other new teams, again! Although we were lucky, we played our strategy just right -if you look at the McLarens and Ferraris they didn't think it was going to rain that much and look what happened. They missed their window at the beginning of the session and we took full advantage of it. Now I can't wait to race tomorrow!"

Jarno Trulli: "It was disappointing because I was doing very well. Unfortunately on my quickest lap a car span in front of me, which impeded me through the second and third sector so I couldn't close my fast lap; and then the rain was getting worse, so there was no chance to improve on lap time. Still - we'll do our best tomorrow and we'll see what happens."

Mike Gascoyne: "Obviously we're all very very pleased to get a car into Q2 and Heikki did a tremendous job to get us there! I'm disappointed for Jarno as he got traffic on the lap that would have got him in. I think we got all the calls on the tyres right on the pit wall and in Q2 we ran the whole session on intermediates, which was clearly the thing to do. We made a change five minutes before the end, and Heikki got in a good clear lap to get P15. Well done to the whole team, and especially to Tony, for such success at one of our two home races - I know he's very very proud."

Team Principal Tony Fernandes was almost lost for words:  "I'm speechless! What a day! To get 15th place in our home country, in front of our home crowd is amazing. I'm over the moon and just so excited. We gave the Toro Rossos a run for their money today and Jarno was just unfortunate to get blocked, otherwise he'd have been in Q2 as well. Tomorrow's another day, and we'll see what happens, but it's a good step forward. Today we'll enjoy it, and we'll live for the day, and we'll see what happens tomorrow."

Ends

For more information go to: www.lotusracing.my

We've launched a very cool newsletter: click here to download, and check out itunes for the latest Lotus Racing podcast - it went straight into the top 10 in the sports charts and features interviews across the team. All content on the podcast is free for editorial use
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 3-4-2010 09:37 PM | 显示全部楼层
Malaysian GP Saturday Qualifying

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 3-4-2010 09:46 PM | 显示全部楼层
恭喜Lotus, 三个最强在后面,明天是最好看的赛程。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

所属分类: 爱车专区

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

版权所有 © 1996-2023 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd (483575-W)|IPSERVERONE 提供云主机|广告刊登|关于我们|私隐权|免控|投诉|联络|脸书|佳礼资讯网

GMT+8, 28-4-2024 12:37 PM , Processed in 0.069384 second(s), 22 queries , Gzip On.