找回密码
 注册

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主: maocheng

Caterham F1 Era End

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 19-4-2014 09:36 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Sat 19 Apr, 2014

[url=]Share[/url]        [url=]Tweet[/url]        [url=]Share[/url]        [url=][/url]        [url=]Share[/url]

Caterham F1 Team Partner information
Dell has 7,000 team members in China

Weather
FP3: wet; min / max track temp 16°, air temp 14°
Q1: wet; min / max track temp 17°, air temp 14°

Fastest laps / positions:
FP3: KOB 1.57.812, 16th / ERI1.59.507, 18th
Q1: KOB 1.59.260, 18th / ERI 2.00.646,20th

Total laps:
FP3: KOB 12 / ERI 6
Q1: KOB 10 / ERI 10

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-#03: "AsFP3 was wet and the grip levels were low everyone was beingcautious but we managed to complete 12 laps, all on the intersapart from the installation. The car was ok, a bit too muchoversteer but we did make some gains in braking over the two runsand finished the session without any issues.

"It was raining before the start of qualifying but the trackconditions were right on the edge of choosing between inters andfull wets so we went for the inters as that could have given us thebest chance of springing a surprise in Q1. It was certainly prettytricky on inters but the times were just about there with the wetson the first run so we stuck with them for the second run and wentout to run to the flag. For the second stint the conditions wereimproving slightly, but still not enough for us to have a clearadvantage on the intermediates, so ending up ahead of Bianchi in18th and only three tenths from Gutierrez is probablyabout as good as we could have done today."

Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-#01: "FP3was my second wet session of the season and we started with theinstallation lap on full wets before switching to inters for thefirst run. That went ok but when I boxed we found a couple ofissues with the power unit and an overheating front right brakethat meant we could only complete six laps in the session.

"Quali was tough, especially considering I only had six lapsthis morning, but I'm relatively happy with how it ended up,especially as that was only my third ever session in the wet in F1!We went for the same strategy as Kamui and the car was a realhandful on the first stint - I had front and rear locking in thebraking zones and that was costing me a lot of time, plus I hadsome traffic issues on the first stint that also cost me time, butoverall I'm happy I kept it on the track and finished ahead ofChilton."

Cedrik Staudohar, Renault Sport F1 track supportleader: "Over the day we've had some on-off issues withthe ERS-K on Marcus' car due to some gearbox control problems, butwe feel we extracted the most from the Power Unit this session.Both drivers were able to use maximum power and energy recovery,but conditions were very difficult. Nevertheless we are ahead ofboth Marussias and feel we are well prepared to take the fight tothem, and other cars ahead, in the race tomorrow."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/chinese-gp-qualifying#JUWC6H3DBgCmdMCT.99

回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 20-4-2014 08:01 PM | 显示全部楼层
                        2014 CHINESE GRAND PRIX

Shanghai, China - 20th April, 2014   

Caterham F1 Team Partner Information
                        Go to www.GE.com to learn how GE innovation builds, powers, moves and cures the world.

Weather
                        Race: dry, overcast, air temp 16° / track temp 23° (start), 16° / 23° (lap 28), 16° / 22° (lap 56)

Runplan
                        Kamui Kobayashi

Lap 11: pitstop 1, medium tyres
                        Lap 30: pitstop 2, soft tyres
                        Lap 40: pitstop 3, soft tyres
                        Finished: 18th
                        Fastest lap: 1.43.323 (lap 48)

Marcus Ericsson
                        Lap 10: pitstop 1, medium tyres
                        Lap 27: pitstop 2, soft tyres
                        Lap 42: pitstop 3, soft tyres
                        Finished 20th
                        Fastest lap: 1.43.620 (lap 30)

Team Quotes

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-#03: “Finishing 18th isn’t the final position we’d want, but after a really good battle with Jules I’m relatively pleased with how today’s race went. However, it’s a real shame that my move on him on the last lap now doesn’t count due to the mistake with the chequered flag, something we had nothing to do with. We’d had a really good battle for the last few laps of the race and I got him on what was the last lap, until it turned out the chequered flag had been waved a lap too early by mistake – until we found that out after the race it had been good to see what a small victory like that does for the team as it lifted everyone at the end of a very tough first four races of 2014.

“I didn’t have a great start but still made up a couple of places on lap one and was having a good fight with Maldonado until lap 18 when he got past. The guys did a very good pitstop when we came in for the first time for new mediums on lap 11, helping me stay ahead of him until halfway through the second stint, but our car is simply not competitive enough on options tyres to hold him and once he was ahead I didn’t have the pace to fight back, so from that point we were focused on beating the Marussias.

“We stuck to the original three stop strategy and that gave us a few interesting moments, particularly with Vettel who I was told I could pass as he was fuel saving and on old tyres and I was on new softs on the third stint. I hear he wasn’t too pleased about that but relative to him I had the pace then to immediately pull away and did so to avoid compromising our plan.

“Obviously though the real battle for us was with the Marussias and when I came out on new softs after my final pitstop I was able to catch Chilton quickly and then closed the gap to Bianchi in a few laps, despite the traffic at that point in the race which always makes our own race very difficult. It was a really good battle with Jules, clean racing and I finally passed him going into the hairpin at the end of the back straight, having feinted left in turn 11 so I had a better run on him onto the straight which set him up for the pass into turn 14. As I say, through no fault of our own that result now doesn’t count but we’ll just have to dig deeper in Spain and fight back there.

“Even though we had good race with Maldonado for the first third of the race it’s clear we don’t have the outright pace to fight Lotus or Sauber yet, but we have a good package coming for Spain and we are determined to try and close the gap. The first four races have been hard, but having both cars finish today shows the progress we and Renault have made with reliability. Now we have to build on that and use the next couple of weeks to recharge ourselves so we can come back stronger in Barcelona.”

Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-#01: “For me the whole race was dominated by understeer. On every set of tyres the balance just wasn’t there and that meant I couldn’t really push at all. It’s good that we got to the end of the race, but if I hadn’t had that understeer I’m sure I’d have been quicker.

“My start wasn’t perfect and I was behind both Marussias at the end of lap one. We did the first stint on softs and they started graining pretty quickly so we boxed for mediums for the second stint on lap 10. We added a bit more front wing to try and help with the understeer but it didn’t really help so I just couldn’t push any more than I was. It was the same for the third and fourth stints which we did on softs but by that point I was pretty much on my own so just focused on getting to the end of the race.

“This is obviously the last of the early season flyaways and when we start the European season in Spain it’ll be back at a track I know really well. As a rookie that’s obviously good for me and with the amount of time I’ll be in the factory and in the simulator between now and then, and with the new parts we have coming in Barcelona, I’m sure we’ll come back stronger there and ready to make progress there and in the next few races.”

Cedrik Staudohar, Renault Sport F1 track support leader: “Today we had no issues on the Power Unit side and worked with the team to get the maximum performance possible. The final result is not exactly what we wanted to achieve but we’ll take advantage of the three weeks between Shanghai and Barcelona to work on performance and help the team deliver in the European season.”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 8-5-2014 09:12 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Wed 7 May, 2014

[url=]Share[/url]        [url=]Tweet[/url]        [url=]Share[/url]        [url=][/url]        [url=]Share[/url]

General
Race Laps: 66
Lateral track with high percentage of high speed corners
Maximising slow speed traction is important through sectorthree
Medium brake energy
Bumps at entry of T9 and braking into T10
Grip level and balance change with different weather conditions(track temp and wind direction)
Understeer is the typical balance issue in the high speedcorners T3 and T9

Circuit Particularity
Bumpiness: medium
Overtaking chance: medium
Kerbs: smooth / medium
Ride height setting particularity: none
Engine severity: low
Gearbox severity: medium
Lat/Long grip: lateral
Aero eff ratio: low
Track grip evo during w/e: high
Aero settings: high
Brake wear severity: medium
Brake cooling necessity: medium

Quotes

Kamui Kobayashi: "After a couple of weeks torecharge we're back to work in Barcelona at a track everyone knowsextremely well, but, unusually for us in the recent F1 era, thiswill be our first visit there this year as we didn't test there inpre-season. It's a track I've always gone pretty well at,especially in 2012 when I finished fifth after really good fightswith Button and Rosberg in the race - while I'd like to be racingboth of them again this year we're realistic enough to know that'svery unlikely, but we are still aiming to be able to fight at leasttwo of the teams ahead, and new parts should help that.

"We're bringing updates to the front and rear wings and thefloor and the key to optimising the performance gains from them isobviously maximum time on track, so strong reliability will againbe crucial. It was good to see how much progress we and Renaultmade on that over the first four races and we'll obviously aim tocarry that over to Barcelona and throughout the season as it isespecially important in helping perfect setups over theweekend."

Marcus Ericsson: "I've had a very good two weekbreak back at home in Sweden but now I want to get back on trackand Spain's the perfect place to do so! This will be the first raceof the year at a track I know well and, while it's only a smalladvantage, it's obviously good to have that knowledge as it makesthe initial runs on Friday more useful, and it means I can attack alap more efficiently right from the start of FP1.

"That's important at any race, but especially this weekend as wehave some new parts coming and it will be critical to complete therunplans we have for those on Friday so we can really see where wecan find maximum laptime. As we have had at all the races thisyear, in addition to the work on track we'll also have thesimulator operational back at Leafield, and all the simulationsoftware we have at our disposal to help generate even more data,so while the focus will be on Spain there will also be a lot ofwork going on back at the factory to help us even more. Obviouslythat's a big step up in terms of support from the last time I racedGP2 in Barcelona, but for me it's all part of my progression and Ican't wait to start work again!"

The Spanish Grand Prix lowdown with Renault Sport F1 tracksupport leader, Cedrik Staudohar:

Main challenges of Spain for the Power Units: "Weknow Barcelona very well so we go to the race well prepared. Thekey points to look out for are the 1km pit straight: this will seethe ICE flat out for around 10secs so making sure the MGU-H isefficient will help keep the battery reserve topped up. In thequick, flowing corners we'll need effective PU response while theslower corners demand good traction and stability under braking.Hopefully our new upgrades will deliver in both these areas."

Main energy recovery points: "Barcelona is verymid-table. The slow corners such as T10 and the chicane allow us torecharge the battery via the MGU-K. Fuel consumption is not a majorconcern here."

Difficulty rating: "Medium. We have so muchinformation on Barcelona from previous tests that there won't betoo many surprises. The majority of the workload will come fromevaluating the new upgrades on the Power Unit software and chassisside."

What to watch out for: "We will have the next phaseof the software upgrades in Spain so we expect improvements in bothdriveability and energy management. The improved response will beimportant in the low to mid speed corners and coming onto thestraight."

Read more at http://caterhamf1.com/news/2014/spanish-grand-prixview#4AVx0HddhdvoLJLI.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 10-5-2014 01:01 AM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Fri 9 May, 2014

CNN's coverage is supplemented and carried by more than 1,000broadcast affiliates worldwide.

Weather
FP1: Dry, sunny, min / max track temp 20° - 26°, air temp 19°- 22°
FP2: Dry, sunny, min / max track temp 44° - 47°, air temp23°

FP1: KOB 1.30.997, 21st / ERI 1.31.421,22nd
FP2: KOB 1.31.338, 20th / ERI1.31.586, 21st

Total laps:
FP1: KOB 22 / ERI 22
FP2: KOB 38 / ERI 39

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-#03:"That was a tough day for us, with lack of grip stopping us getanything good out of the car in either session. We used most of FP1for aero evaluations, looking at the new parts we've brought hereand also starting work on the setup options we have for the weekendahead, but with the grip issue I really couldn't put a clean laptogether in the whole session.

"It was the same in FP2. The track was a lot hotter than FP1 andit seemed to make the rear worse, but overall I couldn't find adecent laptime on any of the runs. We obviously have a lot of workahead of us tonight to find a setup direction that will allow us toget back to the performance levels we're targeting, but we've had afew Fridays like this so far this year and we've always come backfighting on Saturday so I know we can be better tomorrow."

Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-#01:"Like Kamui, for me the low grip levels in both FP1 and FP2dominated both sessions. I couldn't really push at all because formost of the day the car was switching from oversteer to understeerthe whole way round the lap - to be honest it was a bit likedriving on ice which is not what we want!

"For FP2 we made several changes but still had the same issuewith grip. The traction levels were also very low and it wasdifficult applying the power, especially with the car moving aroundas much as it was. With all of this going on I didn't have a chanceto put in a clean quick lap on the mediums, so the final timestoday are pretty meaningless for us and I'm sure we'll bounce backtomorrow. Even with the handling issues today we've still completeda good amount laps so we have a lot of data to work through andwe'll get back to where we want to be."

Cedrik Staudohar, Renault Sport F1 track supportleader: "The second session was a step forward and we wereable to run the new software upgrades we brought to this race.Everything worked as planned and we were able to complete the testswe required. The upgrades represent a step forward and we werehappy with the progress. In FP1 unfortunately we had some issueswith the calibration and had to run in a downgraded mode with lessthan optimal energy management, but we managed to recover in thesecond session and it should not affect the weekend.

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/spanish-gp-fp1-fp2#VqPKSgywtKDAikvO.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 10-5-2014 09:50 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Sat 10 May, 2014

Dell products are available in more than 60,000 retail locationsworldwide

Weather
FP3: Dry, sunny; min / max track temp 25° - 30°, air temp23° - 24°
Q1: Dry, sunn; min / max track temp 44°, air temp 27°

FP3: KOB 1.30.712, 21st / ERI1.31.559, 22nd
Q1: ERI 1.30.312, 20th / ERI 1.30.375,21st

Total laps:
FP3: KOB 18 / ERI 19
Q1: ERI 8 / ERI 6

Quotes

Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-#01: "Forme today's been both good and bad. I'm pleased I've qualified aheadof my teammate for the first time this year, especially becauseit's at a track I really like and one everyone knows well, butoverall we're obviously not happy with where we are withperformance and we need to improve.

"In both FP3 and quali I had similar low-grip issues toyesterday and that's costing a lot of laptime. The car behaviour isunpredictable pretty much the whole way round the track and thatmakes putting together a clean lap very difficult. However, we haveto put this behind us and focus on the race. Overall, we'restarting from the same bit of the grid as we have for most of theseason and we have to focus on having a clean race, maintaining themuch improved reliability we've had since China and grabbingwhatever opportunities come our way. I want to leave Spain on apositive note and we'll all do everything we can to give us thebest chance of making that happen."

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-#03:"Another difficult day with more of the same grip problems I had inboth practice sessions yesterday. We made quite a few changes tothe car for FP3 but it still didn't improve things enough, so wewent into quali with a package we knew we'd be struggling with.

"In quali we went for two single lap runs on options and thefirst was ok, but on my quick lap on the second run I lost a bit oftime behind Bianchi and had the same sort of balance problems I'dhad in all the practice sessions so I just couldn't get any moreout of the car. Maybe with a completely clean lap I'd have been acouple of tenths up, but not enough to be where we're aimingfor."

Cedrik Staudohar, Renault Sport F1 track supportleader: "There isn't a huge amount to say aboutperformance today. We got the maximum from the Power Unit and ranthe optimum programme and settings over FP3 and qualifying but thepositions are what they are. Some other drivers are starting out ofposition tomorrow so the goal is to be reliable and be there tocapitalize on what may happen in the race."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/spanish-gp-fp3-qualifying#iQlRxZIGhkqYVGEb.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 11-5-2014 11:02 PM | 显示全部楼层
                        2014 SPANISH GRAND PRIX

Barcelona, Spain 11th May 2014

In 2013, GE was named in Barron's list of the most respected companies

Weather
                        Race: Overcast, dry, air temp 23° / track temp 37° (start), 22° / 38° (lap 33), 21° / 36° (lap 66)

Runplan
                        Kamui Kobayashi
                        Lap 23: pitstop 1, medium tyres
                        Finished: DNF
                        Fastest lap: 1.33.064 (lap 25)

Marcus Ericsson
                        Lap 18: pitstop 1, medium tyres
                        Lap 40: pitstop 2, hard tyres
                        Finished: 20th
                        Fastest lap: 1.33.350 (lap 54)

Team Quotes

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-#03: “My start was pretty good and I was up to 18th by the end of lap one having passed Chilton, but I couldn’t keep Maldonado or Vergne behind me and lost places to them by lap five so just focused on my own race. The car felt ok but I still had the same traction issues as we’d had all weekend so it was still a bit of a handful, but the deg levels on the first set of medium tyres that we’d started with were good so we could run a very long first stint, finally boxing on lap 23 for another set of mediums.

“The car felt better on the second set of tyres and I was able to make up some time to Bianchi ahead, but then on lap 44 I had a pretty scary moment going into turn one when the left front brake failed and I was just able to keep the car out of the wall. That was the end of my race and the end of a difficult weekend. We clearly don’t have the performance we’re targeting, but changes have been made to help us sort this out and the whole team is working harder than ever to make progress, and we have two days of testing here to help us learn more about the new parts we brought to Spain, so we’ll aim to fight back in Monaco next week.”

Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-#01: “I was pleased with how I got off the line and was with Kamui in 19th but then Maldonado hit me pretty hard as he tried to pass going into turn 13. His move risked putting both of us out of the race, but luckily the car was ok and I was able to continue, even though that had put me back to 22nd.

“My pace in the early laps was ok but the car balance wasn’t great so I couldn’t really do anything to stay with Chilton who’d got past when Maldonado made contact with me. In the high speed corners it was understeering too much but it was the opposite in the low speed turns, oversteering a lot which, combined, meant I just couldn’t push anywhere.

“We did a long stint on the second set of mediums, pushing them to lap 40 when we made the second stop, switching to a set of new hards to run to the flag. From that point my focus was just making sure I could get to the end and bring a tough race weekend to a close. For me it’s another Grand Prix under my belt, another chance to learn and as hard as it’s been, I know we can improve so I’m as positive as ever and excited about racing in my first F1 race in Monaco in a couple of weeks.”

Cedrik Staudohar, Renault Sport F1 track support leader: “We had a very clean race on the Power Unit side and there was little more we could have done today. It was good to see Kamui and Marcus fighting other cars at times but ultimately the car needs more pace to do it on a regular basis. There are some improvements coming from our side for Monaco to aide driveability and energy management and we’ll work with the team to get the most of the package as it evolves.”

回复

使用道具 举报

Follow Us
 楼主| 发表于 14-5-2014 12:40 AM | 显示全部楼层

T05 SPAIN - DAY ONE

Circuit de Catalunya, Spain - 13th May 2014   

Driver: Kamui Kobayashi, #10

Chassis: CT05-#03

Total laps: 72

Best time: 1.30.101

Kamui Kobayashi: “Even though the day ended with a pretty big off it’s still been quite a good day for us and we’ve managed to get through a lot of work. As the track was wet this morning we did six runs on wets to start with and a final one before lunch on inters, working through various setup options on those compounds that will be useful when we have the next wet sessions in a race weekend.

“As the track and air temperatures increased throughout the morning the track was drying out so after lunch we did a couple more runs on inters but by about 1400 it was dry enough to switch to slicks so we went onto the planned dry running program, starting on mediums. We’d made quite a few changes to the car from the setups we were running over the race weekend and I have to say I think we made some good progress. There was a bit more light rain in the middle of the afternoon so we did a few more in-and-out laps on inters to run some more aero evaluations, but went back to dry tyres for the rest of the day and continued with more setup work.

“Unfortunately in the last half hour I went off in turn three on run 22 and hit the barriers pretty hard. There is quite a lot of damage to the car so I’m sorry for the guys in the garage who now have a long night ahead to fix the car, but the only good thing is that it was at the end of the day after we’d got through most of the runplan.”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 19-5-2014 09:10 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Mon 19 May, 2014

Quick description
Needs high brake cooling to avoid callipers overheating, but brakewear is not an issue
Low aero efficiency circuit so maximum downforce is needed
Very low grip, especially on Thursday in FP1 and Saturday inFP3
Track improves considerably over race weekend
All setup changes between sessions are usually overshadowed bytrack improvement
Highest percentage of low speed corners of all circuits
T6 is the season's slowest corner
Very high probability of safety cars
Marshals are generally very efficient at clearing debris

Circuit Particularity
Bumpiness: medium
Overtaking chance: low
Kerbs: low / medium
Ride height setting particularity: no need for much higher rideheight than standard tracks (compared to previous years)
Gearbox severity: high
Lat/Long grip: longitudinal
Aero eff ratio: very low
Track grip evo during w/e: very high
Aero settings: very high (max)
Brake wear severity: medium / high
Brake cooling necessity: very high

Quotes

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10: "Next it's Monaco, one ofthe most famous races in the world. I like the challenge of thecircuit, I think every driver does, but there is so much going onall over Monaco for the whole week it's pretty intense. Sometimesyou just need to focus on your job but that's almost impossiblewhile the race week is on, so I like to do the best work I can forthe team on track.

"Monaco's also one of the shortest tracks of the year, andbecause it's not a really high speed circuit it's one where the gapto the cars ahead is always less. That's obviously good for us asone of the smaller teams as it means we have a better chance to dosomething special and I think it would be a fair reward for us tohave something to celebrate after a couple of tough last races. Iknow that everyone in the team is working even harder than ever tofight back from where we are right now - the amount of hard workand effort that's always put in is one of the things that mostimpresses me about our team whenever I'm on track or at thefactory, and it's about time our luck changed.

"Even though we only tested for one day in Spain, we stillachieved a lot there. We were doing more aero evaluations of thenew parts we took to Barcelona and were also looking closely at whywe couldn't get the tyres working over the whole weekend in Spain.The good news is that the tests allowed us to assess alternativesetups that pointed to a very clear direction for futuredevelopment so we can overcome the problems we had in Spain. I alsowant to thank the whole team for working even harder than ever toprepare the cars for Monaco after what was a pretty big accident Ihad at the end of day one - now we'll take everything we have toMonaco and aim for a much better weekend there."

Marcus Ericsson, car #9: "As a rookie Monaco isobviously one of the races you're most excited about, and I'm nodifferent! I obviously have a lot of experience of racing there inGP2, I finished on the podium in 2012 with iSport, but racing F1cars around Monaco is one of the things I've dreamed about eversince I first wanted to be in F1, and I can't wait to getstarted.

"It's also going to be a very special race for all Swedish fansas it's 40 years since Ronnie Peterson won in Monaco in 1974. It'sa huge honour for me to be another Swedish F1 driver following inhis footsteps, especially as he and I come from the same part ofSweden, and while I know we won't be competing for a win like hewas, I want to do the best job I can to pay homage to him and hislegacy. I've obviously been asked a lot about what Senna meant tome over the last few weeks, but I always say it's Ronnie thatreally inspired me, obviously not because I saw him race, butbecause where I'm from in Sweden, Kumla, Ronnie is the number onehero. We have a couple of very cool things planned to celebrate hismemory over the race week and I'm sure it'll be emotional for thepeople who are in the paddock today who remember him. If I can givethem something to cheer for, that would be pretty cool for them andour whole team.

"In GP2 the race week is obviously very different to F1 for thedrivers, but I know that the one of the main things is to switchoff all the distractions whenever I'm in the car and focus on doingthe best job I can on track. I have a few events going on over theweek, and I'm sure they'll be good, but really it's about givingourselves the best chance to take advantage of anything thathappens on track in quali and the race so that means making everylap count on Friday and Saturday. It's almost inevitable that therewill be a higher retirement rate than we've seen in the last coupleof races, and that may give us a chance, but we need to be therewhen it counts and that's what I want to focus on."

The Monaco Grand Prix lowdown with Renault Sport F1 tracksupport leader, Cedrik Staudohar:

Main challenges of Monaco for the Power Units:
"Monaco is not a power sensitive track since less than 30secs ofthe lap is spent at full throttle. We therefore focus on deliveringgood driveability into and out of the slow corners. With theincreased torque this year getting the correct settings will beeven more crucial as if we deliver too much or too little thedriver could finish in the barriers!"

Main energy recovery points:
"We use a lot of energy over one lap but it is relatively easyto recover with the high number of slow corners. The driver seemsto be on the brakes for most of the lap, allowing the MGU-K torecover energy on a regular basis."

Difficulty rating:
"It depends on the component. For the ICE it's very easy but forthe MGU-K and battery relatively difficult. Overall I'd rate ittowards the lower end of the scale as the lap is short you canarrive at a good set-up quite quickly."

What to watch out for:
"The noise of the cars should reverberate round the buildingsand be much more impressive for those nostalgic for the roar of theV8s!"

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/monaco-grand-prixview#WqyOwRmio5M0qdqs.99

回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 23-5-2014 12:18 AM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Thu 22 May, 2014

3 out of 4 of the top social media websites are powered byDell

Weather
FP1: Overcast, dry, min / max track temp 23° - 24°, air temp19° - 20°
FP2: Overcast, dry (damp track for most of the session), min / maxtrack temp 22° - 27°, air temp 20° - 21°

FP1: ERI 1.22.063, 20th / KOB 1.22.492,21st
FP2: KOB 1.21.924, 17th / ERI 1.24.335,21st

Total laps:
FP1: ERI 40 / KOB 38
FP2: KOB 6 / ERI 6
Quotes

Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-#01: "Eventhough I've raced in Monaco quite a bit before this is obviously myfirst time in an F1 car and I have to say I really enjoyed bothsessions today. I have a very special crash helmet for Monaco topay tribute to Ronnie Peterson who won here 40 years ago, and Ihave his actual helmet bag from then for this weekend - having bothof those in the garage with me today was a proud moment for me inmy first F1 weekend here, especially as we're from the same town inSweden.

"On track FP1 went well. I managed to do 40 laps in the sessionwhich meant we got through everything we'd planned and definitelyimproved the whole car balance from how we'd started. Like Kamui Ihad very low grip on the first run and poor traction so we changedthe ride height and front wing angles and made a good step forwards- I still had a bit of understeer but the overall balance hadimproved and it was a good start to the race weekend.

"It rained heavily over lunch and when FP2 started we waited forthe track to dry before heading out. As the forecasts say it'sgoing to be dry on Saturday and Sunday we wouldn't have learnt muchfrom going out on inters and didn't want to risk anything byrunning on a damp track so we had to wait until almost the end ofthe session and then did a couple of laps on supersofts so we couldstart having a look at how they performed here."

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-#02: "38laps in FP1 meant we were able to complete a good programme andmade some decent progress throughout the session. We started with asimilar grip issue to what we saw in Spain, but we made a fewmechanical changes and it definitely improved, particularly in thehigh speed sections. That also helped take out some of theundersteer I had in the first couple of runs but we still needed towork on traction and managing tyre temps so we had another look atthat in FP2 and also took a step forward with both of those in thesecond session.

"Like a few of the other teams we waited to start our FP2runplan until there was a clear dry line which meant we had toshorten the programme a lot, but it was safer to do that than goout on inters and risk damaging the car. That's not ideal,obviously, but with about five minutes left of the session we wentout on a set of supersofts and had enough time for a couple oftimed laps which gives us some data on that compound that will beuseful for Saturday and Sunday.

"Even with FP2 compromised like that it's still been quite apositive day. We've brought a lot of what we learnt at the test inSpain here and I'm sure that we'll be able to put that into actionon Saturday."

Cedrik Staudohar, Renault Sport F1 track supportleader: "We tried different energy management scenarios forboth qualifying and the race today. In FP1 we shared the testsbetween the cars and then adjusted the calibrations for FP2, butunfortunately didn't really get the opportunity to evaluate in theafternoon. Despite the lack of running we are confident we have agood compromise between quali and the race, which should allow usto run the PU to the optimum performance. All in all not such a badsession."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/monaco-gp-fp1-fp2#Mkul6OTHVgF5Szxd.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 24-5-2014 09:48 PM | 显示全部楼层
2014 MONACO GRAND PRIX FP3 & QUALIFYING

Monaco - 24th May 2014   

Airbus Group is a European industrial flagship which unites the capabilities of three market leaders: Airbus, Airbus Defence and Space and Airbus Helicopters.

Weather
                        FP3: Dry, sunny; min / max track temp 24°, air temp 19°
                        Q1: Dry, sunny; min / max track temp 42° - 43°, air temp 18°

FP3: KOB 1.20.271, 20th / ERI 1.20.589, 22nd   
                        Q1: KOB 1.20.133, 21st / ERI 1.21.732, 22nd   

Total laps:
                        FP3: KOB 32 / ERI 30
                        Q1: KOB 9 / ERI 9

Quotes

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-#02: “As we’d had so few laps in FP2 we went straight out in FP3 and started with a six lap run on the soft tyres. The car was understeering a bit more than yesterday and we still had an issue with tyre temperatures, but less than in FP1. For runs two and three we went onto the supersofts, running a different program to our normal FP3 which we had to do because of the lack of FP2 laps on Thursday.

“In Q1 we did two runs on supersofts. The first run was ok but I wanted a bit more front wing for the second run and went back out but we just didn’t have the pace to improve today and finished 21st. It’s fair to say it’s been a pretty tough weekend so far but tomorrow’s what really counts and if the weather forecasts are right and there might be rain, anything could happen. I’m just focused on doing the best job I can and even though it’s difficult for us right now, everyone’s still working as hard as ever – hopefully we’ll get some reward in the race.”

Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-#01: “For most of FP3 I was struggling with traction and pretty low grip on both tyre compounds. We did three runs, one on the softs and then two on the supersofts with different fuel loads so we could look at how they’d perform in both quali and the race.

“I had the same traction problem in Q1, even though the track temps had gone up from FP3 – I didn’t have enough grip to really push and with quite a few cars slowing down in the last sector I just couldn’t put together a clean lap. On my final push lap I was behind Massa going into turn five and he moved offline a bit which meant I had to change my braking point. I locked up and went into the barrier with him which was my mistake. It’s unfortunate it took him out too but it looks like the car is ok so now I want to put today behind me and concentrate on the race.”

Cedrik Staudohar, Renault Sport F1 track support leader: “Yet again we pushed the limits of the PU to extract the maximum performance from the ICE and the MGU-K and ran without any issues. We are ready to fight tomorrow, with different options of energy management to take advantage of any opportunity that comes our way.”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 25-5-2014 11:58 PM | 显示全部楼层
2014 MONACO GRAND PRIX

Monaco - 25th May 2014   

Neil Armstrong took the
first footsteps on the moon in GE silicon rubber boots

Weather
                        Race: Overcast, dry, air temp 20° / track temp 28° (start), 20° / 30° (lap 39), 20° / 29° (lap 78)

Runplan

Kamui Kobayashi
                        Start on supersoft tyres
                        Lap 25: pitstop 1, soft tyres
                        Lap 63: pitstop 2, supersoft tyres
                        Finished: 13TH

Marcus Ericsson
                        Start on soft tyres
                        Lap 25: pitstop 1, supersoft tyres
                        Lap 52: pitstop 2, supersoft tyres
                        Finished: 11TH

Team Quotes                        Kamui Kobayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-#02: “Even though we finished in 13th I’m really not happy as I’m sure I’d have finished in the points if Bianchi hadn’t hit me when he forced his way past. The car was basically undriveable after that so just finishing is a good result, and the team did everything they could to help us finish as high as possible today – good strategy and great stops, but when you’re overtaken by being hit out of the way it’s obviously not good.

“I had a clean start, staying ahead of Bianchi and passing Chilton into turn one. Heading down towards the hairpin I avoided the debris from the Force India and was up to 15th under the safety car. With the retirements that was soon 13th and then 12th and the car felt pretty good at that stage.

“We stopped for the first time on lap 25 under the second safety car and went onto softs and rejoined in 12th with Raikkonen and Bianchi behind me. Then, as we went into the chicane after the tunnel, Bianchi hit me on the side and I had to cut through the chicane to avoid more contact. I don’t really know why nothing was done about that as he basically just forced me out of the way by hitting me which meant both the Marussia and my teammate could pass and after that the car felt really bad. The impact had caused a lot of damage to the sidepod and the floor and I lost a lot of rear downforce so from that point I was losing time without being able to do anything about it.
                        “I managed to get the car home ahead of Chilton but with the way the race ended I think the whole team feel like we lost out through no fault of our own. We need to keep our spirits up and use this experience to make us even more determined to get ahead of our nearest rivals and we’ll just keep pushing.”

Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-#01: “For me that was good, even though the whole team is obviously disappointed about the way it ended. It was an amazing experience finishing my first Monaco Grand Prix and the fact we’ve equalled the team’s best ever finish today is great, it’s just a shame it didn’t mean more after the fantastic job everyone did today.

“After starting from the pitlane I was pretty quickly up with the second Marussia when the safety car came out. The balance was ok and I was in a good rhythm, ahead of Sutil and Grosjean for a few laps but couldn’t do anything to hold back Sutil when he passed me in turn six.

“When the safety car came out again we stopped for the first time for a new set of supersofts and I could really push. The whole second stint was good, as was the final one on the second set of supersofts, giving me the chance to push to the flag. I held off Raikkonen for the last couple of laps and finished 11th which, for me, is a pretty cool way to end Monaco.”

Cedrik Staudohar, Renault Sport F1 track support leader: “On our side we had a pretty good race and are pleased to help the team to its best result of the season so far. We had a couple of issues with the ERS but nothing that really affected the lap time or overall performance so both drivers were able to attack and fight for position. This was very rewarding, particularly on a track such as Monaco where overtaking is almost impossible. Ultimately it’s a bit bittersweet as our closest rivals scored points, but there will be more opportunities this year and we’ll keep pushing to make the most of those that come our way.”

Cyril Abiteboul, Team Principal: “Everyone knows Monaco can be a crazy race, and today it was so. It’s a funny feeling because even though this equals our best ever finish it still feels like we had the chance to score our first point, as Marussia did today, but it was taken away from us despite the very good job both drivers and the whole team did today. We had the right strategy, we timed the stops perfectly and the pitcrew performed well in a tense race. I’m proud of the fact that we had both cars there at the end of the race, even with the damage to Kamui’s car, and we have to take positives from this to help us fight back with improved performance from the car.”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2-6-2014 10:45 PM | 显示全部楼层
                        2014 CANADIAN GRAND PRIXVIEW

Leafield Technical Centre, UK - 2nd June 2014

General
                        Race Laps: 70
                        Circuit Length: 4.361 km
                        Race Distance: 305.270 km
                        Lap Record: R Barrichello, 1:13.622 (2004)
                        Pitlane altitude (m): 8

Quick description
                        Very high brake energy track, therefore critical in terms of brake wear and cooling
                        Track surface is very smooth with very low grip
                        High track improvement on Friday
                        Longitudinal track with several major traction points
                        Braking stability is critical, particularly in T8 & T10 due to bumps
                        Ability to ride kerbs and maximise top speed are both important for quick lap times
                        Track was partly re-surfaced in 2010 (mainly apexes) but no major difference from 2008 layout

Circuit Particularity
                        Bumpiness: bumpy
                        Kerbs: medium / high
                        Ride height setting particularity: none
                        Engine severity: high
                        Gearbox severity: high
                        Lat/Long grip: longitudinal
                        Aero eff ratio: high
                        Aero settings: medium / low
                        Brake wear severity: very high
                        Brake cooling necessity: high

Quotes

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10: “Race seven is Montreal in Canada, one of the most popular races of the year and one where the weather can play a very big part in the race. At the moment the forecasts look dry For Friday, Saturday and Sunday but if that changes it could definitely be in our favour and we need to make sure we’re ready to take anything that comes our way. I was in the factory last week to start preparations for Canada and even though Monaco didn’t end for me as we’d planned, despite us doing everything we could, everyone is still fighting harder than ever. Crazy races like we had last week don’t come too often, but when they do we need to be ready and after talking to a lot of the team last week I know that they are all focused on making progress, not looking back at what might have been.

“On track Canada is a good place to go racing. The local fans are very passionate and knowledgeable – seeing the whole track full on a Thursday with people really excited about F1 being back is great as it shows just what it means to them to have us race in their home town, and that’s good for everyone in the sport. I’ve had a couple of points finishes in Canada in 2011 and 2012 and it would obviously be cool to have the same again this year – as I say, that will probably take a crazy race but if that happens I’ll be prepared ready, as will the whole team.”

Marcus Ericsson, car #9: “This will be my first race in Canada and after everything I’ve heard about Montreal and the track I can’t wait to get started. Even though there were obviously mixed feelings in the team after Monaco, I have to say I was pretty happy with how it went for me. After starting from the pitlane I finished my first ever F1 Monaco GP in 11th, equalling the team’s highest ever position and, even with what happened ahead, that could be really important later this season. That sort of finish, in a race where a lot of cars didn’t make it to the flag, is all part of my continuing development as an F1 driver, and I’m sure that experience will help me in Canada and for the rest of the season as we keep battling.

“The actual Canada circuit looks like it’ll be a good challenge. It’s quick, especially for what is almost a street circuit, we run pretty low downforce as there are several high speed sections and one of the main things we’ll be working on in the free practice sessions is braking – we need to make sure the brake cooling is optimised throughout the weekend, and watch brake wear, especially in preparing for the race itself. After Monaco I’m definitely ready to get back to work, and it’ll be good to start again at another new track and one which everyone tells me is going to be an amazing race weekend.”

Alexander Rossi: “FP1 in Montreal will be my first drive of the year in the 2014 F1 car, but after the amount of laps I’ve done in the sim with CT05 I’m already pretty familiar with how it’ll be inside the cockpit! Obviously it’s not quite the same as actually being out on track, but I have a lot of F1 mileage under my belt with the various FP1s and test days I’ve completed and having driven in FP1 in Canada last year I know I can go straight to work and help the team complete its plan for the session.

“I’m grateful to Caterham for their continual support with my development as an F1 driver, in the F1 car again in Canada this weekend and Austin later this year. The chances for young drivers like me to be in current-season cars on track are very limited, and obviously every lap counts over a race weekend but the fact the team sees that I can add value from the work I do in the car, and they can keep helping me to learn, shows great support and how committed they are to developing young talent. Now I’m focused on Friday morning. The weather should hopefully be dry so if that stays true we should have a full session run and be out as the green lights come on – if it rains then so be it, I’ll still be focused 100% on the job the team asks me to do.”

Canadian GP lowdown with Renault Sport F1 track support leader, Cedrik Staudohar

Main challenges of Montreal for the Power Units: “The internal combustion engine will be highly stressed due to the loads exerted under the heavy braking for the chicanes and acceleration down the long straights. Likewise the MGU-K will be under pressure through the tight corners as drivers repeatedly slow from over 300kph to under 100kph in tenths of seconds. The two long straights will tax the MGU-H, which will be feeding the turbo and ICE, since a strong response under acceleration and minimal lag as the turbocharger gets back up to speed will be critical to minimising lap time.”

Main energy recovery points: “The two hairpins at either end of the lap (Turns 2 and 10) are the two biggest stops of the lap, with the cars slowing from high speed to second gear. The MGU-K will therefore have plenty of opportunity to recharge the battery. The long straights will also give the MGU-H a chance to recover energy from the exhaust, since the ICE will be at full throttle for just over 50% of the lap.”

Difficulty rating: “The Ile de Notre Dame is one of the toughest challenges for the new Power Units so far this year – every part will get a thorough workout.”

What to watch out for: “The wall of champions at the end of the lap will need precise torque delivery to avoid a collision while the chicane at the end of sector one will require stability under braking and acceleration

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 7-6-2014 08:20 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Fri 6 Jun, 2014

Dell has been ranked in the top five of Newsweek's GreenestCompanies in America for the last three years

Weather
FP1: Dry, sunny, min / max track temp 27° (start) - 25°(end), air temp 17° - 18°
FP2: Dry, sunny, min / max track temp 34° (start) - 30°(mid-session), air temp 21° (start) - 20° (end)

FP1: ERI 1.21.404, 21st / RSS 1.21.757,22nd
FP2: KOB 1.20.244, 20th / ERI1.22.418, 21st

Total laps:
FP1: ERI 33 / RSS 27
FP2: KOB 38 / ERI 13
Quotes

Alexander Rossi, car #45, chassis CT05-#02 (FP1):"27 laps and no issues is a pretty good way to finish my first FP1of the season. It was my first time driving a 2014 car on track andI have to say it was very different to the 2013 car, but I enjoyedit. However, the focus for me today was helping the team establisha baseline setup and starting to try a few options and I'm pleasedwith how it went.

"At first the balance was actually pretty good - the rear wasmore solid than I thought it might be but the braking was somethingwe had to take a look at as the front inside tyre was locking inthe final part of each braking zone. We made a couple of changesand it definitely improved on the second full run, and for the restof the session. By the last run I was starting to have moreconfidence with the braking, and we found a good initial balancethat will be useful for FP2 and the rest of the weekend.

"My next run in the F1 car is in Austin and it'll be reallyinteresting to see how the car develops between then and now."

Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-#01: "33 lapsin FP1 meant we could work through a lot of the program and eventhought at first there was very little grip, by the end of thesession we were starting to find a balance that was working ok. Thetrack was very green for the first couple of runs and the car wassliding around a lot and I was having problems optimising thebraking - it was like driving on ice, but we made a few setupchanges and those, combined with the rubber going down throughoutthe session, meant that the grip levels had improved by the end ofthe first session.

"We made quite a few changes over lunch to improve the balancebut on the first run of FP2 it didn't feel like a positive step sofor run two we went back to a similar setup to that we'd had beforelunch. However, after 13 laps and on my second run I losttransmission and had to pull over. That was the end of the sessionwhich is obviously not ideal but with 33 laps this morning andanother 13 in FP2 it's not been too bad a day. I'm sure we'll makeprogress overnight and be back pushing on tomorrow."

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-#02: "Tyretemperatures, braking issues and grip dominated FP2 for me. On bothtyre compounds I was struggling to bring the tyres up totemperature efficiently which certainly cost me laptime, and thatalso contributed to the low levels of grip I had for the wholesession.

"There's definitely more time to come from the whole packagehere. Our final time isn't a true picture of where we really arepace-wise, so we have to continue working as hard as possibletonight to give ourselves a chance to fight tomorrow. We'll do justthat and I'm sure we'll make progress in FP3 and quali."

Cedrik Staudohar, Renault Sport F1 track supportleader: "We covered almost everything on our programme onthe engine side today, with several test items on the agendafollowing the updates we brought here. Everything worked asexpected, both in qualifying and race trim. We had the opportunityto work with Alexander in the morning, who was very quick to adapthimself to the 2014 Power Unit. All in all it was a good day,despite Marcus' stoppage in FP2 due to a transmission issue. Theengine has not been damaged so we can carry on as plannedtomorrow."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2 ... xpq1yeykp3AofFsK.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 8-6-2014 08:39 AM | 显示全部楼层
Saturday in Canada                                                   
  • Added: Sat 7 Jun, 2014

CNN's coverage is supplemented and carried by more than 1,000broadcast affiliates worldwide.

Weather
FP3: dry, sunny; min / max track temp 33° - 38°, air temp20° - 22°
Q1: dry, sunny; min / max track temp 46°, air temp 24°

FP3: ERI 1.19.865, 20th / KOB 1.20.227,21st
Q1: KOB 1.19.278, 20th / ERI 1.19.820,21st

Total laps:
FP3: ERI 23 / KOB 14
Q1: KOB 8 / ERI 10

Quotes

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-#02:"FP3 started more positively than yesterday. The tyre warm-up wasbetter and we made a good improvement to the braking so the workdone last night looked like it had paid off. We still needed towork on traction and taking out some of the understeer I had in thechicanes, but overall it was better.

"We ran through the programme until the performance run when Ihad to stop the car with a transmission problem. It's similar tothe problem Marcus had in FP2 but we had it fixed for quali afterthe guys did a good job repairing the car over lunch.

"In quali we did two runs on the supersofts but the red flag atthe end of the session meant I couldn't improve my time. We'd madea bit more progress since FP3 and the balance was better, so on mylast quick lap I made up a tenth in the first two corners, but thenhad to abort that run so finished in 20th. With the gridpenalty we have to take for the gearbox change over lunch I'llstart at the back of the grid and all I can do is fight - everyonein the team keeps doing that, even in a tough weekend like we'rehaving here, and as we saw at the last race, anything can happenand we need to be there if and when it counts tomorrow."

Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-#01: "Itwas immediately clear in FP3 that we'd found a decent stepovernight, particularly with braking which had been an issue inboth Friday sessions, but I was still having problems bringing thetyres into their working range as quickly as we wanted. Despitethat, the car felt better on each lap and by the end of the sessionI think we'd made some good progress.

"We went out early in Q1 for the first of two runs on thesupersofts. I was still having tyre warm-up problems on both runsbut the performance had improved a little from the morning sessionso I could push a bit harder. Unfortunately on my last flying lap Ilost the back of the car in turn nine coming up behind a couple ofother cars and made contact with the wall, ending my quali.

"It's obviously fair to say this has been a difficult weekendfor me and the whole team. We just aren't strong enough here andthat's going to make the race pretty hard, but I know I'm ready todo the best I can and that's the same for everyone in ourteam."

Cedrik Staudohar, Renault Sport F1 track supportleader: "We pushed the PU to the maximum here and on ourside we are pleased with how it performed. We retained enoughflexibility with the energy management system to try some differentstrategies, but with a gap between us and our nearest rivals therewas very little we could do to improve much further. We'll againtry our best tomorrow as the race here can be veryunpredictable."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 9-6-2014 09:15 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Sun 8 Jun, 2014

GE formed the first TV network in 1940

Weather
Race: dry, sunny, air temp 27° / track temp 47°(start), 46° / 28° (lap 35), 45° / 29° (lap 70)

Runplan
Kamui Kobayashi
DNF

Marcus Ericsson
DNF

Team Quotes
Kamui Kobayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-#02: "Mystart was ok and I managed to avoid all the debris from theMarussia crash on lap one. The tyre management under the safety carwas pretty good, but then a couple of laps after it came in I felta problem with the rear coming out of turn two and had to stop thecar. When I got out I had a look and I could see it was a rearsuspension problem, so that was that.

"We've had a pretty hard time in Canada but we'll continue tofight. Our day will come, I'm pretty certain about that, but itwasn't to be this weekend in Montreal, so we'll have a look ateverything we've learnt this weekend back at the factory and go tothe next race in Austria ready to fight again."

Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-#01: "Adisappointing end to a difficult weekend, but for me it's all partof the learning curve. As soon as the formation lap started I couldfeel that the Power Unit wasn't pulling hard in any gears and thatcontinued under the safety car. The team tried to fix it but therewasn't anything we could do and as soon as the safety car came in Iwas told to retire and that was the end of the race. When I got thecar back we found out the problem was with a pipe connected to theturbo, not the Power Unit itself, and we had to retire to preventany damage to the engine. Obviously that's not how we wanted to endthe race but we'll regroup and keep pushing."

Cedrik Staudohar, Renault Sport F1 track supportleader: "After the start we could see the turbospeed on Marcus' car had greatly increased, indicating a leak inthe intake system somewhere. The team will investigate exactly whybut we had no choice but to retire to save the Power Unit fromdamage. Kamui then stopped soon after with a suspension failure,bringing the weekend to a very disappointingconclusion."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2 ... z9OLl88fhXXc5MVA.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 17-6-2014 09:21 PM | 显示全部楼层
                        2014 AUSTRIAN GRAND PRIXVIEW

Leafield Technical Centre, UK - 17th June 2014   

General Track Information
                        Race laps: 71
                        Track length: 4,326 metres
                        Altitude: 690 metres
                        The lowest point on the track is between the start line and turn 1, from that reference the altitudes of the corners are: T1 = 13m, T2 = 56m, 100m after T2 is the highest point = 70m, T3 = 55m, T5 = 45m, T6 = 31m, T8 = 27m, T9 = 15m
                        Hard on brakes as T1 and T2 braking zones are uphill
                        Possibility of making up time at the pit entry, depending on where the painted lines are

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10: “The Red Bull Ring is a completely new circuit for me. I’ve seen a lot of on-boards of the track and it’ll be a good challenge. It’s quick, some of it really fast, and there’s a couple of big braking zones so, as usual, getting the setup right is going to be crucial. However, until i’ve actually driven there I don’t want to make any predictions about what it’ll be like for us so let’s see when we get on track. Whatever happens, I’m sure it’ll be a good weekend for the fans, and hopefully for us too.

“To be totally honest we would benefit a lot from a good weekend. We were unlucky again in Canada, with both cars having to retire because of reliability issues, something we’ve been focusing on from our side all year, and something Renault have improved dramatically from the early part of the season. Even though our pace in the early part of the Canadian GP was not where it should have been, our simulations have shown that, had we finished, we’d have been closer to the pack than it may have looked at the point where I had to retire, so this weekend it’s important we cross the line. We have to finish the races so we can be there if and when it counts, and that’s one of the main goals this weekend.”

Marcus Ericsson, car #9: “I’ve never raced in Austria before so it’ll be really interesting to go to a brand new track for me, even though I’m well aware of the history of the circuit. A bit like Monaco, Ronnie Peterson won there so it’ll be another race I go to in his footsteps and after Monaco, where I met his daughter Nina, that means even more to me so, honestly, I can’t wait!

“It’ll also be good to be able to get back in the car after only a few laps of the race in Canada. We’d had a hard weekend until that point anyway, so an early DNF was even more hard to take, but I came straight back to the factory with the boys after the race and everyone just went straight back to work to prepare for the next race.

“So, Austria and what looks like will be a quick track. It looks relatively simple, but, like everywhere we race, getting the balance right all weekend is a real challenge, especially for the downhill right at turn three and then through four and into the quick lefts at five and six. You’ll need a good flow through there, and for the whole lap, so you can build up a rhythm and really push and that’s what I want to do for the whole weekend. It would be good to leave Austria in a positive note – it’s been a while since we had one and with the big efforts everyone’s putting in across the team the whole time, I think it’s something we could do with.”

回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 20-6-2014 10:27 PM | 显示全部楼层
2014 AUSTRIAN GRAND PRIX - FP1 & FP2

Red Bull Ring, Austria - 20th June 2014   

CNN’s digital services, including CNN.com and CNN Mobile attract more than 2.4 billion total global page views per month.

Weather
                        FP1: Overcast, mostly dry (light rain mid-session), min / max track temp 21° - 24°, air temp 13° - 16°
                        FP2: Overcast, dry, min / max track temp 28° - 31°, air temp 18°

FP1: KOB 1.14.611, 20th / ERI 1.17.501, 22nd  
                        FP2: KOB 1.12.937, 21st / ERI 1.13.596, 22nd  

Total laps:
                        FP1: KOB 24 / ERI 8
                        FP2: KOB 24 / ERI 48

Quotes

Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-#01: FP1 obviously ended a lot earlier than we’d planned with an electrical system issue on lap nine. I came out of turn one and the car switched itself off, there was nothing I could do. When we got it back to the garage we found out the problem was related to the ERS-H control unit so that was fixed over lunch and we had the car ready again well before FP2.

“Until then I have to say I was enjoying the track. After the trackwalk we did yesterday with the engineers it was clear that the Red Bull Ring was going to be a really good challenge, and even after just eight laps I was enjoying myself! There wasn’t a lot of grip, as usual in FP1, but I was starting to find a good rhythm and carried that through to FP2.

“After limited laps in FP1 we had more work to do in FP2 than normal so we started with a 13 lap run on the softs. I had some issues with traction and oversteer but the balance was ok, especially in the high speed corners so we made a couple of changes before heading out for the first run on the supersofts.

“My first run on that set was ok but I still had the same traction issues as we’d started with, and oversteer in the low and medium speed corners. I also had traffic in the last two corners on my fastest lap which cost me a chunk of time, but the main area we needed to look at was the oversteer that was hurting laptime, mainly mid-corner.

“We continued with the runplan and went onto the first long run of the weekend. I started on the softs and had pretty good deg on that set – they were holding up well, as were the supersofts which we went onto after a stop.

“Overall it was an ok afternoon, definitely better than the morning, but we have a lot to do tonight to sort out the oversteer and find more grip, but we’ve been pretty good at finding improvements from Friday to Saturday this year so the aim is to do so again here.”

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-#02: “We completed 24 laps in FP1 and even though a bit of rain did interrupt the session we were still able to work through the plan – obviously something that’s really important normally, but even more so on a new track like this.

“It’s a good circuit to drive on, particularly the double-left through five and six, and the last couple of corners onto the start / finish straight, but what we still don’t know a lot about yet is how the tyres will behave when the track temps warm up. Today the weather was cooler than it’s forecast to be for Saturday and Sunday so we’ll have to do more work on that in FP3.

“In FP2 the car was immediately better after the setup changes we made over lunch, especially on braking. On the first run the traction had improved, the car had more grip and even though there was some understeer it was a good step from FP1.

“We went onto supersofts for the first performance run, and then the long run, starting on the same compound. I found six-tenths on that set in the performance run but it was a bit weird – the grip levels felt the same as the softs and even though I wasn’t expecting a massive step, it was still a bit strange that there wasn’t more grip. We’ll look at that properly tonight and maybe increased track temperatures will help – we’ll see tomorrow.

“We started the long run on supersofts and I was up to lap ten of that first stint when I started feeling the car pull right under braking. It didn’t feel right so we boxed so the guys could take a look to see if there were any problems – there wasn’t anything obvious, and the data didn’t point to anything specific but we decided to end the session with about 15 minutes left so we could have proper inspection and avoid any issues on track.”

Cedrik Staudohar, Renault Sport F1 track support leader: “All in all a pretty good day for us with a lot of data to analyse tonight. The main focus was to evaluate engine settings to compensate for the high altitude and prevent the turbo reaching its maximum speed and coming under undue pressure. We completed a couple of tests on track that will be beneficial for tomorrow when we expect the ambient temperatures to increase, and therefore the turbo rotation speed as well. On Kamui’s car everything worked well but we had an issue on Marcus’ car with the control unit for the ERS-H this morning, which caused the car to stop on track. We changed both the CU-H and the ES and were able to run without any further issues in the afternoon.”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 21-6-2014 10:48 PM | 显示全部楼层
                        2014 AUSTRIAN GRAND PRIX - FP3 & QUALIFYING

Red Bull Ring, Austria - 21st June 2014   

Dell.com is the #1 technology marketplace in the world

Weather
                        FP3: overcast, dry; min / max track temp 30° (start) - 27° (mid) - 31° (end), air temp 15°
                        Q1: overcast, dry; min / max track temp 32°, air temp 18°

FP3: KOB 1.12.320, 19th / ERI 1.12.892, 20th   
                        Q1: KOB 1.11.673, 20th / ERI 1.12.673, 22nd   

Total laps:
                        FP3: KOB 23 / ERI 27
                        Q1: KOB 10 / ERI 11

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-#02: “Compared to quite a few of the previous races we tried something different with the setup here and that’s given us some real improvements in the car, helping close the gap to our direct rivals and there’s more to come from it at other tracks. As the setup change worked in Austria, a track that is at the lower end in terms of aero sensitivity, we believe it will work even better at tracks like Silverstone where there’s much greater emphasis on aero performance, and that’s a good boost for the team on track and back at the factory.

“With this change I think I had one of the best laps of the season in quali. There was maybe another tenth left but I was pretty much flat out for the whole lap and pleased we finished closer to our nearest competitors than maybe the times had suggested so far this weekend. It makes the race tomorrow very exciting for sure as there’s a group of cars together who will be fighting right from turn one, so strategy and pitstops, both in planning and execution, something we’ve been really good at this year, are going to play an even more important part than normal.”

Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-#01: “From the first lap in FP3 I was happier in the car. Traction had improved, the balance was better and it was just easier to drive. I wanted to keep working on the braking as there was time to be found from there so we had a look at that on a couple of the runs and I think we found a small improvement for quali and the race.

“However, in Q1 we did two runs on the supersofts but I couldn’t put a clean lap together and finished up with a time I’m obviously disappointed with. From the timesheets it looks like all the Renault teams are struggling a bit on outright power and that, combined with a lot of traffic to deal with on this short circuit, meant I just couldn’t string three clean sectors together on any of my flying laps - that means my final time is not really representative, but what’s done is done. Now I’m focused on the race and determined to make up for today. We’ve been ok on heavy fuel here and I think we’re due a bit of luck, so hopefully that will come tomorrow. Whether it does or not I’ll continue doing the best job I can.”

Cedrik Staudohar, Renault Sport F1 track support leader: “We had no particular issues today and extracted the maximum we could from the package. In FP3 we worked to fine-tune the energy management and the turbo, which is working harder at this altitude. Overall the PU worked well as expected but it’s hard for the team to find the speed in the car. Kamui did a good job to get in front of Chilton and we’ll see what tomorrow brings for both cars.”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 22-6-2014 11:16 PM | 显示全部楼层
                        2014 AUSTRIAN GRAND PRIX

Red Bull Ring, Austria - 22nd June 2014   

GE traces its beginnings to Thomas A. Edison, who established Edison Electric Light Company in 1878

Weather
                        Race: dry, sunny, air temp 23° / track temp 47° (start), 24° / 47° (lap 35), 24° / 45° (lap 71)

Runplan
                        Kamui Kobayashi
                        Lap 14: pitstop 1, soft tyres
                        Finished: 16th

Marcus Ericsson
                        Lap 28: pitstop 1, supersoft tyres
                        Lap 43: pitstop 2, soft tyres
                        Finished: 18th

Team Quotes

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-#02: “I didn’t have a great start but then recovered and passed my teammate and Bianchi and was running well for the first stint. We’d started on supersofts and they held up well, right until we boxed on lap 14 for a set of softs.

“Our original plan was for a two stops and with our race focused on the Marussias, as soon as it became clear Bianchi was stopping once, we decided to switch the strategy during the second stint which meant I had to manage that set of softs for 55 laps to the flag. Unfortunately that didn’t work as with about ten laps to go I couldn’t hold him back as he was on supersofts and had the pace to pass. We tried something and this time it didn’t work, but ultimately we probably didn’t lose anything as we were really only fighting him.

“Despite that I think we have to take quite a few positives from this weekend as our performance relative to our nearest competitors improved quite a bit. Our reliability has been much better this weekend and the setup change we made on Friday night paid dividends again today as I was pretty easily able to pass the lead Marussia and pull away early in the race. From where we were on Friday, and in the last couple of races, that’s a good sign and we know we can improve again at Silverstone so I’m already hungry to get back and fight again there.”

Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-#01: “I’m pretty pleased with my race today as the gap to our direct rivals on Friday looked like it would be much more than it was today.

“I had a really good start, passing a couple of cars, but we’d planned to stretch out the first stint on softs to around lap 28 so I didn’t want to kill them defending so early in the race. The first stop was good, going onto a set of new supersofts which performed really well until about 10 laps into the stint, and then they started going off so we boxed again on lap 43 for a set of softs to the flag.

“Unfortunately we had to extend the second pitstop by four seconds because of a Ferrari in the fastlane of the pitlane and that meant I came out about 12 seconds behind Chilton. The car felt good and within a few laps I had the gap down to around three seconds, but then the blue flags really kicked in and cost me a lot of time. They’re obviously part of the race, especially for us, and even though they make life even more tough, particularly on a small track like this, it’s still something I’m learning. We’re nearly halfway through the season and I’m definitely improving, and I’ll take that as another lesson – without that I think it would have been a much better fight to the flag, but 18th is still ok, especially considering where we were in FP1 and FP2.”

Cedrik Staudohar, Renault Sport F1 track support leader: “The team made some set-up changes to the car over the weekend that made the car a bit more stable and closer to the competition. Kamui was able to race both Marussias and Marcus was fighting well with Chilton until traffic in his second stop cost him a lot of time, but this is good news for the coming races. The Power Unit has been working well all weekend and hopefully these latest steps will put us in a better position for the next race as well.”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 1-7-2014 09:10 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Fri 27 Jun, 2014

Quick description
High fuel effect and one the most "lateral grip" tracks on thecalendar
Generally low grip
Very easy on brakes
Overtaking is difficult
Wind has a big effect on top speed which can be reached eitherin T9, T11 or T15
Starting grid on old low grip tarmac up to P18
S3 and pitlane entry remain wet longer than the rest of thetrack
Track partly re-surfaced in 2011

Circuit Particularity
Bumpiness: medium / high
Overtaking chance: low
Kerbs: smooth
Ride height setting particularity: limited by bumps
Gearbox severity: low
Lat/Long grip: lateral
Aero eff ratio: medium / high
Track grip evo during w/e: medium / high
Aero settings: high
Brake wear severity: very low
Brake cooling necessity: low

Quotes

Kamui Koabayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-#02: "TheBritish Grand Prix is our second home race of the season and oneeverybody likes for many reasons! For the drivers it's a goodchallenge as it's one of the classic circuits, and thefans love it as there are so many F1 supporters in the UK. I amalways amazed at how enthusiastic British motorsport fans are and Iam excited about seeing them - It's one of the good ones.

"On track we're obviously aiming to pick up from where we werein Austria. I've been speaking to the guys at the factory a lotsince they returned from Austria and we think that we can startwith the good baseline setup on Friday. We've had achance to look in much more detail at the data from Austria andknow where we need to go to cut the gap even more and that's thegoal. With the improved reliability we had at the last race, andthe nature of the Silverstone circuit, I think it could be a goodweekend for us. Whatever happens, I'm sure the fans will enjoyevery second, and our aim is to give those in green something tocheer for."

Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-#01: "Nextit's my first British Grand Prix as an F1 driver at one of thegreat circuits of the season, Silverstone. I understand it's the50th anniversary of the race this year and there'sobviously so much history about the place - honestly it'll be anhonour to race there in its 50th year and I'm sureit'll be a special weekend for everyone taking part.

"I've obviously raced at Silverstone many times before - I wason the podium back in 2011 in GP2 and one of the things that reallymakes Silverstone stand out is the fans. It's like Austria was lastweek, and Germany and a few other races - it's packed right fromThursday morning until late Sunday night and that makes an amazingatmosphere. The British fans are among the most knowledgeable,passionate fans anywhere, and they absolutely love F1, whatever theweather!

"For us this is another chance to keep fighting back against ournearest rivals and after we made some progress in Austria we wantto pick up where we left off. Silverstone should actually suit thecar better than Austria as we've been working on improving furtherthe setup that allows us to maximise the aero package, and at atrack like Silverstone, where aero performance is crucial, we'reaiming to build on the step forward we made in Austria."

Robin Frijns, car #46: "I'm back in the 2014 carfor the first time since Bahrain and excited about getting back inthe cockpit and helping us make some progress again, and seeing howthe car has developed since early April. I was in our 2010 car acouple of weeks ago at the City Racing event in Kazan, Russia, andthat was cool, but the real work is in the current season car in anofficial session and that's what Friday morning is all about. Thelast few races have obviously been pretty tough for the team, butwe clearly made some progress in Austria and we think we can do thesame again at Silverstone, a track where we should see more fromthe setups we ran on Saturday and Sunday at the Red Bull Ring.Hopefully the weather will be good, not something that you can everguarantee in England, but with us being able to use two sets oftyres in FP1 sunshine will help us get the most out of the session,for me and the whole team."

The British GP lowdown with Renault Sport F1track support leader, Cedrik Staudohar

Main challenges of Silverstone for the Power Units:"The high percentage of wide open throttle. Over 60% of the lap istaken at full power, with a stretch of almost 25secs from Copse toStowe taken flat out. The ICE and turbo will be working at theirmax while the MGU-H will be recovering energy to feed to thebattery or MGU-K for use later on."

Main energy recovery points: "The Wellington Loopis the best opportunity for the MGU-K to recover energy underbraking. Village is a slow second gear right hander taken at around110kph, while The Loop is the slowest corner on the circuit. Alsotaken in second gear, the drivers will slow down to around 90kph.Vale, the last corner, is also a big stop. Drivers approach at highspeed, typically around 280kph, but will brake down to under100kph. Energy recovery is therefore relatively simple compared toAustria and Canada where there were few corners."

Difficulty rating: "Silverstone will remain a powertrack thanks to the long periods of acceleration, but good tractionfrom the Power Units is important through the complexes, both highand low speed. In this respect having a good overall package ismore critical than good top speed."

What to watch out for: "The Hangar Straight isapprox. 875m so we should see speeds of well over 310/320kph beforethe braking point for Stowe. It will also be spectacular to watchas the cars slide under braking with the decreased grip andincreased torque."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2 ... e7EIA6Ip3AjT7hTA.99

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

所属分类: 爱车专区

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

版权所有 © 1996-2023 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd (483575-W)|IPSERVERONE 提供云主机|广告刊登|关于我们|私隐权|免控|投诉|联络|脸书|佳礼资讯网

GMT+8, 22-5-2024 07:45 AM , Processed in 0.061450 second(s), 22 queries , Gzip On.