ADVERTISEMENT

楼主: maocheng

Caterham F1 Era End

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 7-3-2014 11:25 PM | 显示全部楼层
  •                                     News                    
                        Australian GP preview               

• Added: Fri 7 Mar, 2014

[url=]Share[/url]        [url=]Tweet[/url]        [url=]Share[/url]        [url=][/url]        [url=]Share[/url]

Australian Grand Prix Preview

General
Race Laps: 58
High average speed around the lap
Medium-high brake severity
In general the track surface is smooth with low grip, especiallyin FP1
Some bumps may cause braking stability issues and cause the car tobottom out, particularly in T9
Kerbs are generally not an issue
Overtaking is difficult, even with DRS
In 2009 the race start was moved to 1700 creating some visiondifficulties due to sunset and fading light
The track is usually dusty with tree leaves typically gettingstuck in radiator inlets
First gear is not used on the track

Circuit Particularity
Bumpiness: medium
Overtaking chance: low
Kerbs: smooth / medium
Ride height setting particularity: none
Engine severity: high
Gearbox severity: medium
Lat/Long grip: lateral
Aero eff ratio: high
Track grip evo during w/e: high
Aero settings: high
Brake wear severity: high
Brake cooling necessity: medium / low

Quotes

Australian GP lowdown with Renault Sport F1 tracksupport leader, Cedrik Staudohar

Main challenges of Albert Park for the Power Units:
The high number of low speed turns, which will put the focus onlow speed driveability through correct turbo response. Heavybraking will also need effective engine braking from the ICE tosupport the new brake-by-wire system. Short bursts of accelerationbetween the turns compound the challenge, while massivelyincreasing fuel consumption.

Main energy recovery points:
Heavy braking will give opportunity for the MGU-K to cover energy,particularly in turns three and four and the last complex throughturns 14, 15 and 16 coming back onto the straight and recovering asmuch energy as possible here is crucial to minimizing lap time.Short straights don't give huge chances for the MGU-H to recoverfrom the exhaust, but there are several of them so it should besufficient to keep the battery charged.

Difficulty rating:
One of the tougher races. Fuel consumption is the second highestof the year, and the mechanical challenges add to the difficulty -Melbourne is in the upper half of the table.

What to watch out for:
We've achieved a complete race simulation and qualifying runs sowe are hopeful for the weekend, but the main challenge is adaptingall our information for a new track, particularly one that'smechanically tough. The slippery track surface will also requiregood driveability - effectively getting every system to work as awhole.

Marcus Ericsson, car #9: "Honestly, I cannot waitfor it all to start in Australia. It will be my first ever F1 raceweekend as a race driver and I'm so excited about my debut seasonin F1 starting, and in Australia, a country with a lot of F1history and seriously passionate fans, that's just going to becool. I've been working for this chance since I started racing, andnow it's finally coming true, thanks to all the people who'vesupported me, and to the team for giving me this chance.

"We've done everything we can to prepare, but, honestly, I don'tthink you can ever prepare for what it'll feel like in the car,sitting on the grid as the lights go out in my debut race -however, that feeling will go very quickly and I know I'm ready torace.

"The pre-season tests were tough, but at the end of them we'dgot through most of what we planned, so there shouldn't be too manysurprises in Melbourne. By the end of the tests our reliability wasbest of the Renault teams and we ran through a race sim, includingthe formation lap procedure, starts and pitstops, so with themileage we completed in both Bahrain tests, we're as ready as wecan be. I've also been back at the factory since leaving Bahrainand been driving the Melbourne track on the sim which means it'llonly take a lap or two for me to get up to speed when we'rethere.

"Since the tests finished there's been a lot of talk aboutwhat'll happen in Australia, but until we're actually on track it'simpossible to predict what might happen. We weren't able to do fullperformance runs on either of the last two days - for me because itwas my first ever lap on supersofts and I know how much more I willget out of them with more experience, and for Kamui because aclutch issue problem stopped him before he could have a go atsupersoft runs - so I think the first time we'll really see wherewe are on pace compared to the other teams will be in quali.

"What we do know is that in the race itself fuel and energymanagement strategies are going to be critical, so I'm glad we wereable to work on them with Renault as much as we did in the tests.It might well be confusing for the fans, a bit watching drivermanage tyres was for the first half of last year, but it will allbe clear when the chequered flag falls."

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10: "We start the seasonin Melbourne and I'm excited about getting back to racing F1 carsagain! Last time I raced in Melbourne (in 2012 with Sauber) I wassixth and while I don't think that's a realistic target for us thisyear, I think the race will be very interesting. There could bereliability problems for lots of teams, us as well obviously, butby the end of the tests our reliability was ok, certainly betterthan a few other teams, and that could be very important on Sundayin Melbourne.

"Obviously for me this is my first race back, and I'm reallypleased it's with Caterham. I guarantee that they are working ashard as anyone else to have a good year in 2014 and I've been veryimpressed with how determined they are to succeed. They have a verygood base to work from in Leafield, so there's no reason we can'thave a good year, particularly with what we have planned to improvethe car as the season goes on.

"We still don't know exactly where we are on performance, partlybecause you never do in tests because you don't know what everyoneelse is doing, but also because we didn't really have a chance todo a proper quali sim in Bahrain. We have some new parts coming toAustralia, including some revisions to the front wing, so we'll beworking on them on Friday and Saturday morning and know more aboutwhere we are when qualifying's finished on Saturday."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/australian-gp-preview#s3Aox48hMEMUIKpY.99

回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 14-3-2014 09:16 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Fri 14 Mar, 2014

[url=]Share[/url]        [url=]Tweet[/url]        [url=]Share[/url]        [url=][/url]        [url=]Share[/url]

Caterham F1 Team Partner information
Truphone is the mobile operator without country borders - go to www.truphone.com for moredetails

Weather
FP1: Dry, sunny, min / max track temp 38° - 41°, air temp 20°- 23°
FP2: Dry, sunny, min / max track temp 23°, air temp 32° -41°

Fastest laps / positions:
FP1: ERI n/a, 18th / KOB n/a,20th
FP2: ERI n/a  / KOB n/a

Total laps:
FP1: ERI 1 / KOB 1
FP2: ERI 1 / KOB n/a

Quotes

Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-01: "That wasa more difficult start to my first full Grand Prix weekend than I'dhave liked, but hopefully that means we've got all the problems outof the way on day one! This morning it was an electrical issue withthe engine that meant I only did one lap - out on the main straightthe power suddenly dropped but I was still able to get the car backto the pits and when we had a look at it we found it was anelectrical problem so that was fixed over lunch. In the afternoonwe were back out at the start of FP2 but this time, when I boxed,there was a hydraulics leak. A bit like with Kamui's car, fixinganything like this under the engine cover takes a lot longer thanit used to with the old engines, so that was the end of the sessionfor me and more work for the boys.

"Despite that I'm still very positive. Even with the goodreliability we built up in Bahrain, we still came here knowing itcould be a difficult weekend and I know I have to just stay focusedon doing the best job I can when the car's running as it should.There's a lot of work ahead of us but we'll do whatever we can tobe back on track tomorrow and when it's all fixed I'm ready."

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-02: "One lapin both practice sessions is obviously not a good way to start theseason, particularly after our reliability had been good in theBahrain tests, but we know what the problems are on side and we'reall working very hard to fix them for tomorrow. The problem on mycar was to do with the fuel system - it was fine on theinstallation lap but when I boxed we had a small fire under theengine cover which came from a fuel system leak. The fire was outimmediately but when we'd found the problem we knew it couldn't befixed in time to run in FP2 so made the decision to remove thePower Unit so we could fix the issue and aim to run properlytomorrow.

"Despite how the weekend has started I'm still pretty positiveabout what could happen tomorrow and on Sunday. We might be a smallteam but everyone works as hard as anyone else in the pitlane andif we can get back to the Bahrain test reliability levels I thinkwe can still have a good weekend."

Cedrik Staudohar, Renault Sport F1 track support leader:"After a positive test session in Bahrain and productivepreparations for Melbourne, today was not the start to the weekendwe wanted. Kamui's car developed a fuel system issue on his veryfirst lap in FP1. To rectify the problem we had to take the PowerUnit off the car, which is not a short job and we were thereforeunable to run in FP2. On Marcus' car we experienced an electricalissue and had to come back to the pits after the installation lapin FP1. We changed the battery and the MGU-K and he was able to runone lap in FP2, however the car developed a hydraulic leak. It'sobviously not ideal preparation, but we'll look at the smalldetails tonight to improve the bigger picture for tomorrow."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/australian-gp-fp1-fp2#UpLbWJu7FVlA5pxs.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 15-3-2014 09:04 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Sat 15 Mar, 2014

CNN's coverage is supplemented and carried by more than 1,000broadcast affiliates worldwide.

FP3: KOB 1.34.413, 16th / ERI1.36.159, 19th
Q1: KOB 1.34.274, 16th / ERI 1.35.157,20th
Q2: KOB 1.45.867, 15th

Total laps:
FP3: KOB 19 / ERI 21
Q1: KOB 5 / ERI 5
Q2: KOB 8

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-#02: "That'sa good way to come back, not only for me in my first qualifyingsession of the year, but also for the whole team after such adifficult day yesterday. The guys worked very hard until justbefore the curfew this morning and fixed the car after all theissues we had yesterday - that meant we could do 19 laps in FP3 andgive ourselves a chance of fighting in qualifying. Honestly though,with so few laps, I still didn't have the car set up at all as I'dhave liked and there would definitely have been a lot more to comeif we'd had a normal Friday.

"In qualifying we timed it just right, and my fastest lap wasset just as it started to rain. It was a good lap but not reallyclose to what we could have done with more running on Friday butgoing into Q2 was a good reward for how hard the team has worked,and I could see just what it meant to the whole team to go into Q2in our first race of the year.

"Tomorrow it looks like it could be another day of rain and sunand if we can maintain the improved reliability we've had today, Ithink it could be one of the most interesting races for a longtime!"

Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-#01: "I amvery pleased with how my first ever F1 qualifying session went,especially after how Friday went! Finishing within eight-tenths ofKamui is exactly what I'd aimed for today and to do that with suchlittle running in FP1 and FP2 means a lot to me and the team who'veworked so hard to get us here.

"In FP3 we managed to work a bit on setup but I was havingissues with the engine mapping which meant I was struggling quite alot with driveability, something that's really important with thesenew power units. We made a few changes for qualifying and it workedwell - it's still not really how I'd like it, but it was a goodimprovement and that means tomorrow will be a lot better than maybeit had looked last night!

"Now it's all about the race and I can't wait for it all tostart. It could be a bit crazy but I know what I have to do and I'mfully prepared - it's going to be a very proud moment for me torepresent my country on the F1 grid and I'm really pleased it'swith Caterham. They're a great team who work incredibly hard and Ithink we deserve more days like we had today. Let's hope that comestomorrow!"

Cedrik Staudohar, Renault Sport F1 track supportleader: "After the difficulties of yesterday we came outmuch stronger this morning. We had to change the battery on Kamui'scar overnight but had no more serious issues today, allowing us tofocus fully on extracting the performance from the car. Marcus dida good job in his first-ever qualifying in very difficultconditions, and Kamui was a real star, getting into Q2 and P15 onpace. It shows that the potential is there and is something tobuild on now we are more on top of the reliability issues with thePower Unit."

Read more at http://caterhamf1.com/news/2014/australian-gp-qualifying#SOdSSsxDHmUvGQEf.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 16-3-2014 06:07 PM | 显示全部楼层

•                                                                 News                    
                        Sunday in Melbourne               

• Added: Sun 16 Mar, 2014

Caterham F1 Team Partner Information
Dell.com is the #1 technology marketplace in the world

Runplan
Kamui Kobayashi
DNF

Marcus Ericsson
Lap 23: pitstop 1, option tyres
DNF
Fastest lap: 1.37.064 (lap 26)

Team Quotes

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-02: "Thatisn't how I wanted my first race back to go, and I'm sorry for theteam and for Felipe that both our races ended early. I had a reallygood start but then into turn one I made contact with Felipe. Fromthe initial data it looked like I had a brake system issue whichobviously meant I couldn't do much about the contact and when wegot the car back and looked at the information in much more detailit was clear that was the problem. After the race I went to theStewards and they went through the data from the car and confirmedthis was the case. We'll have a close look at what caused thatproblem and make sure we fix it.

"It's been a tough weekend for us, but we still have a lot moredata that will help us keep improving, and the really positivething is that we were still quite competitive, even with the issueswe had on Friday. Race two is Malaysia, one of our team's homeraces, and we'll keep pushing there, just as we will allweekend."

Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-01: "Eventhough my first race in F1 ended with a DNF I'm still proud of theway we fought today. It's been a very difficult weekend overall,one of the hardest in my whole career, but we still showed a bit ofthe potential we have in the first laps of the first stint when Ipassed Sutil and was running well in twelfth. My first ever livepitstop a Grand Prix went really well but then unfortunately an oilpressure problem forced us to stop - we don't know what caused thatyet but if we hadn't had that I think we'd have finished ahead ofthe Marussias as I was pretty comfortable ahead of Chilton untilthe issue.

"Friday was tough, obviously, but we had a better Saturday andthen today we started to show some of the race pace this car has.For the last few laps of the first stint I was driving with prettyflat spotted tyres but the rear was still behaving well and thePower Unit felt good. That's encouraging for the next race inMalaysia which is on a track I've raced at before and one I like,so I'm leaving Australia in a positive frame of mind and just wantto get on with it again as soon as possible!"

Cedrik Staudohar, Renault Sport F1 Track Support Leader:"It was a shame that Kamui retired so early on as we had astrong start but his accident was due to an issue with the rearbrakes on the formation lap. After that we focused all ourattention on Marcus and it was going well, running in the top 12for much of the first stint. Then the engine oil level started todecrease dramatically, so to save the Power Unit for future raceswe stopped the car. We've learnt a huge amount from this weekend.We know the car is fundamentally OK and once we've looked at allthe gremlins, we are sure we will come back stronger in Malaysiaand get to the finish."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/australian-grand-prix#oxjIsqTxbyeb7eiB.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 21-3-2014 09:12 PM | 显示全部楼层
  •                                     News                    
                        Malaysian GP preview               

• Added: Fri 21 Mar, 2014

GP02 Malaysia - Grand PrixView

General
Race Laps: 56
Very high ambient temperature and humidity
Grip normally gradually increases through the weekend.
No major bumps (track was re-surfaced after 2007 race)
Kerbs not a problem
Top speed can be reached in either T1 or T15 depending on winddirection
Medium brake severity
Traction issues and understeer in high speed sections are mainbalance issues

Circuit Particularity
Bumpiness: low
Overtaking chance: T15
Kerbs: smooth
Aero eff ratio: medium
Track grip evo during w/e: medium / high
Brake wear severity: medium
Brake cooling necessity: medium

Malaysian GP lowdown with Renault Sport F1 track supportleader, Cedrik Staudohar
Main challenges of Sepang for the Power Units: "Like Australia,managing fuel consumption in Sepang will be quite a challenge. Ofthe six main components of the PU, the ICE will be under the mostpressure in Sepang. In the past, the humidity has made Sepang alittle bit easier on engines since power comes down as the watercontent in the air increases. With a turbo engine, however, the airintake is controlled at all times regardless of ambient conditions,so those two long straights will really start to hurt."

Main energy recovery points: "The two long straights of over 1kmeach give plenty of opportunity for the MGU-H to be recharged. Theheavy braking points of the hairpin (Turn 15), first corner complexand the mid to low speed corners in the third sector should allowthe MGU-K to recover energy to feed back into the battery."

Difficulty rating: "One of the hardest of the year for the PowerUnit due to the long straights. The high air temperature is usuallya concern as we have to choose the correct cooling level. The highchance of rain could also make the cars difficult to control due tothe increased torque and lack of grip so the focus will be on gooddriveability without too much wheelspin."

What to watch out for: "The start of the weekend in Melbournewas disappointing as we got to grips with a variety of small, butdestructive, problems. After a much more positive qualifying wewere hopeful of a finish in the race but a couple of issues, on thechassis and engine side, stopped the cars. Our aim is clearly tohave a clean weekend this time out."

Caterham F1 Team Driver Quotes

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10: "The second race of theyear is Malaysia and it's our team's first home race of the year,so it's going to be a good week! I've obviously raced there a fewtimes before, and finished in the points in 2011, and this year itwould be great if we were able to fight for a point, but we'll haveto make sure we have a better Friday than we did in Australia ifwe're going to have a stronger weekend at Sepang.

"The way we bounced back in qualifying in Melbourne showed alittle bit of what we can do, but without any real laps in FP1 orFP2 we only had a very small chance to fight. With a proper Fridayand Saturday program we can give ourselves the opportunity to showthe true pace of the car, and prepare much more for the race.Obviously, I'd like to also make sure I don't have the same brakeproblems that caused the accident in turn one in Australia -without that I think we'd have had a strong race and we'll work ashard as we can to give ourselves the chance to really perform.

"Off track we're going to be busy, especially on Tuesday whenI'm at a Renault event at Sepang and on Wednesday when we have avery packed schedule meeting sponsors and fans. We'll be at thePavilion Shopping Centre in Kuala Lumpur on Wednesday afternoonfrom about 2pm meeting our fans so if anyone is in KL thatafternoon they should come along! We're also going to see AirAsia'shead office on Wednesday afternoon and meet their staff, so it'llbe good to see one of Tony's other teams in action!"

Marcus Ericsson, car #9: "I can't wait to getback in the car, especially after having a really good race untilthe oil pressure problem forced us to stop in Australia. It's beengreat to read so many nice comments about what we did in the raceafter such a bad Friday, but now I want to get on with it again andgo straight back to work.

"Sepang's a track I've already raced on, so that's obviously anadvantage over Australia. I really like the heat and have trainedhard all through the winter to prepare for races like Malaysia, soI'll be 100% ready physically, but I'm still just loving being inF1 and for race two to be a home race for Caterham and on a track Iknow and like, that's just really good for me. It'll be great tosee how much Caterham means to the Malaysian fans, and I've beentold the autograph session on Wednesday in KL and on Sunday ontrack will be some of the real highlights of the year, so there's alot to be excited about!

"We obviously need a stronger weekend on track overall, and Iknow they guys back at the factory and at Renault have been workingflat out to help us do so. Our race pace in Australia was prettygood, but with a full Friday and not having to use FP3 to catch up,I think we can start to unlock the real performance of this year'scar. If we can do that, and with the work being put in by everyone,there's no reason why we shouldn't, I think Malaysia could be astrong weekend for our team."

Caterham F1 Team Malaysian Grand Prix Event - Wednesday 26th March,1330 - 1415 (media session), 1415 - 1500 (fan autographsession)

Caterham F1 Team drivers Kamui Kobayashi, Marcus Ericsson andAlexander Rossi will be appearing at Pavilion Shopping Centre,level three, Bukit Bintang entrance on Wednesday 26th March.

An open media session will take place with all three driversfrom 1330 to 1415 and all media are welcome at that event.

From 1415 to 1500 all three drivers will be signing autographsand doing fan selfies so come along and meet our drivers!

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/malaysian-gp-preview#u4FTuZDebLLASeTI.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 28-3-2014 09:00 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Fri 28 Mar, 2014

Four of the five largest retailers worldwide are powered byDell

Weather
FP1: Dry, sunny, min / max track temp 41° - 47°, air temp 30°- 32°
FP2: Dry, overcast, min / max track temp 48° - 52°, air temp 34°(start of session) - 33° (end of session)

FP1: ERI 1.45.775, 17th / KOB 1.51.180,19th
FP2: ERI 1.45.703, 20th / KOB n/a

Total laps:
FP1: ERI 24 / KOB 5
FP2: ERI 31 / KOB n/a
Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-#01: "24 lapsin FP1 means we started Friday much better than we did inAustralia! It was a good first session for me, working through anormal FP1 program which was particularly important with the issueswe had on Kamui's car. At the start of the session the track was okand as it went on and the grip levels improved so did the carbalance, but for most of the time I was having issues with tractionalthough we did improve the driveability of the power unitthroughout the session. Overall, understeer was the main balanceissue and a flatspot on one of the tyres meant the car wasundersteering quite a bit in the final two runs, but in general itwas an ok session.

"In FP2 we were again able to get through a lot of laps but Ihad an issue all afternoon with the engine cutting out at variouspoints throughout each lap. That mean I wasn't able to put in arepresentative laptime in the whole session and that's something weneed to look at tonight with Renault. The car was also stillundersteering, particularly in the mid and high speed turns, andwe'll also have a look at that tonight when we have all the datafrom today.

"Overall it's just good to have a full Friday behind me for thefirst time, especially here at our home race in Malaysia. I knowthe team are working as hard as possible to fix the problems onKamui's car, but at least we are a good step on from where we werethis time in Australia with 55 laps completed on my side of thegarage today - that will obviously help us tomorrow, both in FP3and quali."

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-#03: "FP1started ok. We did the normal installation lap and then anotherthree laps of the baseline run but then the power started cuttingin and out and we had to box to take a look at the problem. It waspretty quickly identified as an energy store issue which meant wehad to change the battery and that was the end of FP1 for me.Unfortunately we also found an oil leak when we took the floor offthe car and that meant I wasn't able to run at all in FP2 as itwould have taken too long to fix both issues. This isn't good,obviously, and I'm not happy that we've lost another Friday, but itis important to say that I know how hard everyone is working, inour team and at Renault, to try and fix these problems so we canhave a proper race weekend. The fact Marcus was able to run themost laps of anyone in FP1 shows that we can be reliable - we justneed to make sure both cars run like that for the rest of theweekend or we'll have another difficult race ahead."

Cedrik Staudohar, Renault Sport F1 track support leader:"Marcus had a solid day today, although the whole team hassome way to go to unlock the potential of the car in Sepang. Aftercompleting a good lap tally in FP1 we had some intermittent issueswith driveability in FP2, which prevented him setting a quicker laptime. We will investigate tonight. Unfortunately in the firstsession we had issues with the energy store on Kamui's car andneeded to change it for FP2. At this stage it takes some time so hecould only do very few laps in the morning. Then the team picked upan oil leak from the clutch and he could not go out in FP2 either,due to the time it takes to work on this generation of cars, whichis obviously not ideal.  These issues should be fixed fortomorrow to give him the opportunity to prepare forqualifying."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/malaysian-gp-fp1-fp2#hYHWKi54KFE0ytC1.99

回复

使用道具 举报

Follow Us
 楼主| 发表于 29-3-2014 09:35 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Sat 29 Mar, 2014

Airbus Group is a European industrial flagship which unites thecapabilities of three market leaders: Airbus, Airbus Defence andSpace and Airbus Helicopters

Weather
FP3: Overcast, dry; min / max track temp 44° - 46°, air temp30° - 32°
Q1: Wet; min / max track temp 30°, air temp 28°

FP3: ERI 1.44.457, 19th / KOB 1.46.015,20th
Q1: KOB 2.03.595, 20th / ERI 2.04.407,22nd

Total laps:
FP3: ERI 12 / KOB 7
Q1: KOB 8 / ERI 7

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-#02: "Yetmore problems with the car meant I was only able to complete sevenlaps in FP3. Even with that limited running we were still able tomake a bit of progress, and with the data generated from myteammate's car we were able to set the car up for quali, butobviously this isn't how we are going to find out what the car isreally capable of.

"In quali we went out with the pack on inters and as much as Iwas pushing I wasn't able to get any more out of the car,especially as I couldn't get the inters into their working range sonever had them running properly. Bearing in mind the tiny number oflaps we did all weekend, and the problems we had on Saturdaymorning, the fact we were even running in qualifying was down tothe hard work the team put in, so to have got out there and put inlaps after all the problems we've had is a small reward. Now wefocus on tomorrow and hope we can have a full race. If it rainslike it did today anything could happen - I just want the chance torace properly!"

Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-#01: "Afterthe first FP3 run it was clear we'd made a good step from lastnight, both with the overall handling and with the driveability ofthe power unit. On the first run we were out on the primes and eventhough it was an improvement from Friday there was still pretty lowgrip. We then did one run on options with a couple of setup changesand the car immediately felt better, still not really close to anoptimum setup but a bit closer. Unfortunately after that second runwe found an oil leak which meant we had to end the session justafter the performance run, but we went into qualifying with a bitof an idea of where we would be in terms of outright pace in thedry.

"The rain started before quali and we went into the delayedsession knowing we'd start on a wet track. That was my first everwet running in F1, in any session, so from the first lap it was alla new experience for me. It didn't start too well with the carcutting out while I was waiting in the pitlane, but we fired it upagain in the garage and I rejoined right in the middle of a pack ofcars on their first Q1 quick laps - that was pretty interesting Ihave to say!

"With every lap I was learning more and more and we made a quickstop with a few minutes left to put on another set of inters, butthen on the final quick lap I made a mistake in sector one andcrashed. I'm really sorry for the team. They've worked so hard allweekend on the problems we've had, and now they have another hugejob ahead of them to prepare the car for tomorrow, but I knowthey'll keep pushing and we'll all come back fighting tomorrow.This has been another big lesson for me - my first wet running inF1, my first Q1  on inters and my first big off - it's allpart of being a rookie in F1 and I will learn from every singlething that happens."

Cedrik Staudohar, Renault Sport F1 track supportleader: "A disappointing day and it's fair to say weexpected more. The rain sometimes gives opportunities to move upbut it didn't happen today. On the Power Unit side everything wentrelatively smoothly, with no major problems, but conditions werevery difficult. Hopefully we can do something from those positionstomorrow."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/malaysian-gp-qualifying#tFZhFxHK5AByTDt4.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 30-3-2014 09:19 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Sun 30 Mar, 2014

GE investments in Malaysia exceed RM1 billion

Weather
Race: dry, sunny, air temp 32° / track temp 51°(start), 32° / 49° (lap 28), 31° / 45° (lap 56)

Runplan
Kamui Kobayashi
Lap 15: pitstop 1, option tyres
Lap 31: pitstop 2, prime tyres
Finished: 13th
Fastest lap: 1.47.753 (lap 53)

Marcus Ericsson
Lap 11: pitstop 1, option tyres
Lap 26: pitstop 2, option tyres
Lap 38: pitstop 3, hard tyres
Finished 14th
Fastest lap: 1.47.500 (lap 40)

Team Quotes

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-03: "13th inour second race of the season is a very good result for the team,especially after such a bad weekend until the race! I had a greatstart, and no brake problems this time going into turn one, and bythe end of the first lap I was up to 16th, running at the same paceas Sutil just ahead and with the car performing much better than ithad all weekend.

"We were looking at what was going on around us and with thegood tyre degradation we had we adapted the strategy and decided togo long on the first stint on options, finally boxing on lap 15,going out again on another set of mediums which were working wellright from the first lap of the second stint. I was ahead ofChilton and found really good pace on the new set of tyres and Iwent after the Saubers ahead and was catching them fast. We stoppedfor the second time on lap 32 and went onto the primes for thefinal stint, knowing it would be a long run to the flag but alsoknowing that if we kept it on the track we could have a goodfinish, and that's how it turned out.

"13th place in Malaysia puts us back in tenth in thechampionship and gives everyone the sort of boost we needed.There's still a huge amount of work to do and a lot of today wasnew for me - that was the first time I've driven the car on fulltanks on these tyres and we obviously have to keep putting moreperformance on the car so we can really fight one or two of theteams ahead. That looks like it's a realistic target at this stage,but for now, focusing on today, finally we've had a good day and weshould be happy about that."

Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-01: "First Iwant to thank the boys in the garage for working so hard to fix mycar after yesterday's accident. I was feeling a bit low last night,but to have finished my first full Grand Prix in 14th, helping usmove up into tenth place in the constructors' championship, is agreat feeling, for me and everyone in Caterham.

"My start couldn't have been much better - I passed bothMarussias and was right up with Kamui by the end of lap one in 17thhaving made up five places. I was quickly into a good rhythm andkeeping pace with my teammate but about ten laps into the firststint I started having some issues with the rear grip which wascosting me a bit of time.  We boxed for the first time on lap11 but had a problem during the stop and I came out behind Chiltonand Vergne. The second stint was really good - to be honest I was abit surprised that I was fighting Raikkonen but he and Vergne madea couple of moves on me which I was able to defend, and then I wentafter Chilton. We boxed for another set of new options on lap 26and I came back out ahead of the Marussia and focused on pullingaway from him.

"I stayed ahead of Chilton after the third stop for the primesand from there I just wanted to get the car home. It was all okuntil the last couple of laps when I started losing power, and Ifinished just ahead of the Marussia at the line as he'd been almostable to catch me with the ERS issue, but that 14th place, by 0.1seconds, is what puts us into tenth so I'm really glad I could hangon. That tiny margin also shows that every single detail counts atthis level of competition, and the tiniest advantage can make a bigdifference.

"It's been a tough weekend, really tough for everyone, but we'llhead to Bahrain knowing we have something to build on, andsomething to defend. That's a big positive and I can't wait to getback in the car in a few days time and start all over again."

Cedrik Staudohar, Renault Sport F1 track supportleader: "A busy but fun race for us, with a solid doublefinish which we really needed after two difficult weekends. Kamuidid a great job to finish a strong 13th, as did Marcuswho finished his first full race in 14th. We kepttweaking Kamui's settings over the race to give more driveability,energy and fuel management from the Power Unit and let him fight ontrack and Marcus also had a good race, but it got a bit difficulttowards the end when we picked up some issues with the ERS. Westarted to lose some power to both MGUs on Marcus' car but we madeit to the flag, which was very important. We will look at whathappened and correct for Bahrain."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/malaysian-grand-prix#KlczfKOhLZu186bM.99

回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 1-4-2014 11:59 PM | 显示全部楼层
                        BAHRAIN GRAND PRIXVIEW

Sakhir International Circuit, Bahrain - 1st April 2014   

General
                        The track surface is usually sandy at the start of each session
                        Lots of marbles off the racing line
                        Elevation is relevant out of T11
                        Bumps and kerbs are not an issue
                        High brake energy circuit
                        Usually quite windy, affecting car behaviour in high speed corners
                        High ambient temperatures and very dry
                        Braking and traction instability are usually the main issues
                        First gear is used in T1 and usually a short first gear is used for launch due to high grip levels of the track
                        Top gear requires particular attention due to strong tail or head winds

Circuit Particularity
                        Bumpiness: low (T14 bumps in braking zone)
                        Overtaking chance: T1
                        Ride height setting particularity: usually low
                        Lat/Long grip: longitudinal
                        Aero eff ratio: medium / low
                        Brake wear severity: high
                        Brake cooling necessity: high

Bahrain GP lowdown with Renault Sport F1 track support leader, Cedrik Staudohar

Main challenges of Sakhir for the Power Units: “As a modern track with an equal balance between straights and tight corners, Sakhir is a fairly medium-demand circuit. A smooth, neutral PU set up will really pay dividends as some of the corners – particularly in the back section from T4 to T9 – roll into each other. As at all tracks, the challenge is to have the correct balance between energy management and driveability. We also need to play particular attention to the cooling since the Bahrain desert can reach up to 45°C. With cooling requirements already at a premium with the high rotational speeds of the turbocharger and MGU-H, adding extra external temperatures will make engine cooling a priority task on the job list.

Main energy recovery points: “The four straights – the 1km pit straight, 500m between turns three and four, the short burst linking T10 and 11 and then the final drag from T13 to T14 – will give plenty of opportunity for the MGU-H to recover energy from the exhaust since the ICE will be working at full revs for around 50 – 60% of the lap. The twisty back section from turns four to eight and 11 to 13 have several heavy braking points, plus the corners at the end of the straights allow the MGU-K to keep the battery reserve at high charge. The circuit is therefore in the middle of the table on the balance between electrical energy and fuel.”

Difficulty rating: “Medium. The temperatures increase the difficulty but the circuit itself is average.”

What to watch out for: “The winter testing period included two tests in Bahrain, which were pretty difficult at the start for the team and Renault but improved throughout and finally saw Caterham record a good percentage of Renault’s total mileage over both tests. This time we will come back with a lot more mileage under our belts, including two full race distances in GP conditions, which gives us a lot more confidence and information going forward. There are still some small issues but right now we are concentrating on performance rather than trying to go for reliability.”

Driver Quotes

Kamui Kobayashi:
“Next it’s back to Bahrain for race three, back at a track we’ve already spent a couple of weeks at this year in the pre-season test where we managed to build up some pretty good mileage at a time when our reliability was good, something that will be really important this weekend. We also now have something to build on, both in terms of performance and from where we are now, in tenth place in the championship and with targets ahead that we know we can race with.

“Reliability really is the main focus for Bahrain. We need to have three good practice sessions so we can go into qualifying and the race with an optimised setup giving us the chance to really find out what the real performance level of this car is. On my last day of the test in Bahrain we weren’t able to do the final performance run because of a clutch issue, and we really haven’t had a chance since then to run the car in full quali spec with optimised setups because of the reliability problems we’ve had, and the wet quali sessions we had in both Australia and Malaysia. Yes, we performed well in Malaysia for much of the race, but that was with a car that had almost no meaningful setup work done on it and with more still to come from the power unit. It’s vital we have a full weekend so we can pick up where we left off in Sepang and continue to improve across all areas of the car’s performance.

“Our ability to develop is what will be crucial this year. Our development program is starting in Bahrain with the first new parts coming from the work we’ve been doing in the TMG wind tunnel and it’ll be good to see how they perform.”

Marcus Ericsson: “I left Malaysia feeling pleased that I’d finished my first full race, and excited about what we achieved on Sunday at Sepang. It was tough – even though we’d completed quite a few laps on Friday and Saturday, we still went into the race without an optimised setup due to the issues we had on Friday and the work we had to do overnight to rebuild the car on Saturday and Sunday, so the most important thing in Bahrain is to have a trouble free weekend. Also, the Bahrain circuit characteristics should suit our car better than Sepang so we may be stronger here than in Malaysia, relative to the competition.

“I obviously know the Bahrain circuit well after the tests and, like Malaysia, that means we can get on with the program right from the first laps in FP1. We have a lot of data that’s helping us go to the race with a much clearer idea of where we want to go with setup than we’ve had in either Australia or Malaysia, but it would also be really helpful if we can have the sort of reliability we had in the second pre-season test – mileage is what will help us unlock the full performance of this year’s car, and I know how hard both Renault and our team are working to make sure we can do that.”

Robin Frijns, driving FP1 in Kamui Kobayashi’s car, and driving in the Bahrain test (day TBC): “I’m excited about being back in the car for my first FP1 of the 2014 season with Caterham, especially as I already have experience of the car at Bahrain from the day I did in the pre-season tests. It’ll be interesting to see how much progress we’ve made across the whole car since I last drove it, but my focus will be on helping the team prepare for the race weekend, something I know I can add value to, assuming we have a problem-free session!

“After the race weekend we’re staying on for the first of the in-season tests and I’m doing one of the two days of that test. Obviously that’s a different proposition to an FP1 - quite a lot less pressure, more time on track and a much bigger runplan, but it’s still really important to approach that day with the same focus and determination to do as well as I can for the team. It’s another chance for me to continue to learn as much as I can about operating efficiently with the team on track, building on the work I’ve been doing with them in the simulator back at Leafield, and I can’t wait to get back to work!”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 5-4-2014 09:07 PM | 显示全部楼层
Friday at Sakhir                                                   
  • Added: Fri 4 Apr, 2014

Truphone is the first global mobile network without countryborders

Weather
FP1: Dry, sunny, track temp 46° (start) - 33° (end), air temp25° (start) - 24° (end)
FP2: Dry, twilight / night, track temp 27° (start) - 25° (end),air temp 22° (start) - 21° (end)

FP1: FRI 1.42.417, 21st / ERI 1.42.711,22nd
FP2: KOB 1.38.257, 21st / ERI1.39.136, 22nd

Total laps:
FP1: FRI 35 / ERI 21
FP2: KOB 33 / ERI 30

Robin Frijns, car #46, chassis CT05-#03: "It wasgood to get my first FP1 done, and especially good for the teamthat we had our first problem free first practice session of theseason so far. 35 laps is exactly what we'd targeted and wecompleted a program that was all about preparing for Sunday,working with Renault on the power unit and not really looking attimes.

"The car felt better balanced than the last time I drove it herein Bahrain in the pre-season test, and it's clear that Renault havemade a lot of progress since then - we showed in last week's racein Malaysia that our race pace is strong and I think the work we'vedone today will help us build on that in Sunday's race. There'sclearly performance to come from optimising the setup and more workwith Renault, but I've done my bit today and I'm happy with what wedid.

"I'm back in the car again on Tuesday for the first day of thetest when we're working with Pirelli, and if we can have similarreliability then I think we can help them and us make some moregood progress."

Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-#01: "FP1 wasok - we started with a rear wing change to look at some data fromthat, and then got stuck into the full program that was used mainlyto prepare for the race. Throughout the session we kept improvingthe driveability of the power unit, and, balance-wise, we startedwith too much oversteer in the high speed corner, and understeer inthe lows, but we made a couple of changes to the ride height and afew other mechanical setup changes, and by the end of the sessionwe were heading in the right direction.

"For FP2 we made a few more changes to the setup and the initialfeeling was that there was more grip overall, especially in thehigh speed sections where the balance was ok, but I was havingpower issues throughout most of the first run which meant I wasn'treally able to push. The power was coming in and out in a way thatwasn't really predictable, so I didn't know what was going tohappen when I got on the throttle coming out of each corner -unfortunately I didn't get one lap without that issue so the finallaptimes really weren't a clear guide to where we areperformance-wise, but we'll look at that in detail tonight.

"We finished with a long run which started on the softs. The deglevels were pretty good but with the same power issue I wasn'treally able to push, but with about five minutes left of thesession I was told to stop the car as we had a power unit problem.Renault will look at that and thankfully it happened at the end ofthe session so, overall the main thing is we've finally had abetter Friday and that means we're in a better position after FP1and FP2 than we've been all season. We have a lot to do tonight,but I'm feeling better about the rest of the weekend than I did inAustralia or last week in Malaysia, so now the aim is to build onthe mileage we put in today and make some real progresstomorrow."

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-#03: "Aftersitting out FP1 I was keen to get back in the car, especially withthe better reliability we had in the first session which will helpus much more over the rest of the weekend. The car felt ok but wehad understeer in both the low and high speed turns so we tried adifferent front anti-roll bar for run two and there was a smallimprovement, but there was more front locking so I couldn't reallyattack into the braking zones.

"On the softs the car felt better, but it was very snappy onpower. On my first quick lap on the softs I had traffic and I hadto lift for yellows in turn four, and then again the next time Iwent for a quick lap so I think with a clean run there was quite afew tenths left in the car, but we didn't have a chance to improvethat as we went onto the long run for the final stint, starting onthe mediums. That went ok and we finished Friday with a good numberof laps for the first time for me this year. The normal long Fridaynight is now ahead and I'm sure we'll make some progresstomorrow."

Cedrik Staudohar, Renault Sport F1 track supportleader: "We covered a lot of miles with both cars, which isvery important for the rest of the weekend. Conditions here arevery different from testing, with the later session taking placeafter dark. It doesn't affect maps but we pay particular attentionto cooling and internal temperatures since the requirements arevery different. Everything worked fine with Kamui's car and we wereable to run through our programme and collect a lot of information.On Marcus' car we had a couple of issues -  In FP1 we pickedup an ERS problem but were able to fix that in the garage and getout relatively quickly. Then in the afternoon we found an issuewith the MGU-K overheating in the last few minutes of FP2 so westopped on track to avoid further problems. We'll change both partsfor tomorrow to aim for a clean day."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 6-4-2014 04:33 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Sat 5 Apr, 2014

Our cars are running new GE branding, starting at the BahrainGrand Prix - here's why:
GE - A brand in motion: GE is big minds and big machines inmotion. The new logo on the Caterham F1 Team racecars is anexpression that reflects where the world is headed in a way that iscourageous and purposeful. The brand in motion is engaging andoptimistic, connecting us to the pursuit of progress.

Weather
FP3: Dry, sunny; track temp 42° (start) - 35° (end), air temp28° (start) - 27° (end)
Q1: Dry, twilight; track temp 29° (start) - 28° (end), air temp24°

FP3: KOB 1.38.400, 16th / ERI1.38.971, 19th
Q1: KOB 1.37.085, 19th / ERI 1.37.875,21st

Total laps:
FP3: KOB 17 / ERI 18
Q1: KOB 6 / ERI 7

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-#03: "FP3was a much better session than we'd had yesterday. The guys hadworked until just before curfew to get the cars ready and they didreally well to prepare for Saturday. The car was performing prettywell in FP3, a little oversteer, but that was to be expected withthe track temperatures in the afternoon, but we didn't want to makeany changes as it was obviously going to be cooler in theevening.

"In quali my first run was good - one flying lap on the optionsthat I didn't think I could improve on so I boxed and we waiteduntil there were about three minutes left and then went out for onemore flying lap. I definitely got everything I could out of the caron that run and finished about four-tenths from Q2, a realisticview of where we are now with performance.

"That's the first time this season we've really had a chance toextract maximum performance from the car, after a good Friday andSaturday, so it's clear what we need to do to improve. We saw lastweek in Malaysia we have good race pace, but we need to bridge thatgap to be able to fight in quali with teams like Lotus and Sauber,and that's the target. For tomorrow I think we're in a much betterposition than we were in the first two races, particularly with thework we did yesterday, so if we can continue this betterreliability the race could be a good one for us."

Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-#01: "Wedefinitely made some improvements overnight and I want to thankeveryone in the team for the efforts they put in to move on fromwhat had been a bit of a difficult Friday. My final run on theoptions was the best of the weekend so far - we'd improved thebraking and the overall balance so I went into quali feeling prettypositive about being able to fight with our nearest rivals.

"We started Q1 on a set of new options but I had a bit of alock-up that cost me quite a bit of time on the first run. I wasn'tgoing to get any more out of that set of tyres so we boxed and thenwent for another final run towards the end of the session. My finallap was definitely my best of the weekend but I didn't have a greatoutlap so I know I could have found more, but overall I'mreasonably pleased with how Saturday has gone. It's been a muchbetter weekend so far with reliability and with the improvements wemade today I'm now focused on having another solid race tomorrow.I'm learning all the time, and with the mileage we've now done herein Bahrain I want to make tomorrow's race my strongest yet - dothat and this will have been a good weekend."

Cedrik Staudohar, Renault Sport F1 track supportleader: "It was a good qualifying session from an enginepoint of view as we were able to run the maximum performance. Weproved that our package can be competitive as we were not too farfrom the car in front and our speed down the straight is good,which demonstrates that we have improved a lot since the final testin Bahrain. We had a couple of small issues with the ERS system onMarcus' car on the first run but they didn't affect the PUperformance. Unfortunately Marcus did not manage to maximize hisfinal quick lap and may have lost roughly four-tenths, but I don'tthink it would have made a major difference to the finalpositions."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/bahrain-gp-qualifying#GsRkTGgetZ6UHWvr.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 7-4-2014 09:10 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Sun 6 Apr, 2014

The Airbus Group is a global pioneer in aeronautics, space anddefence related services, creating cutting-edge technology

Weather
Race: dry, air temp 24° / track temp: 28° (start), 23°/ 27° (lap 28), 23° / 26° (lap 57)

Runplan
Kamui Kobayashi
Lap 15: pitstop 1, option tyres
Lap 35: pitstop 2, medium tyres
Finished: 15th
Fastest lap: 1.41.246 (lap 17)

Marcus Ericsson
Lap 11: pitstop 1, option tyres
Lap 26: pitstop 2, option tyres
DNF
Fastest lap: 1.41.134 (lap 28)

Team Quotes

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-#03: "I hadan ok start but had an issue on lap one with a setting that givesus full boost and energy release - we sorted that out quickly and Ipassed Marcus for 18th, then went after Bianchi who Icaught and passed on lap 10.

"My race pace was good in the first stint and the tyre deg waswhat we'd expected so we stuck to the strategy and boxed for thefirst time on lap 15 for another set of options. I came out behindMarcus and Chilton but got in front of them both and went afterMaldonado in 16th but with the performance level ofthe car now I wasn't able to catch him.

"We were on a two stop strategy so we came in for the mediums onlap 35. I was fighting with Gutierrez but let him go as he was on adifferent strategy and there wasn't any point ruining that set oftyres just to race him, but then the safety car came out and I wasable to make up the lap and was up with Maldonado and Grosjean justas the safety car came in.

"After the restart I had to save fuel so couldn't keep pace withthe pack and that was pretty much the end of my race. Finishing15th isn't great but we really couldn't do any moretoday. We'll have to regroup for China and with a few updates wehave for that race we'll aim to make progress there."

Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-#01: "Mystart was good and I was up to 17th by the end of lapthree, fighting with Grosjean and then went after Bianchi. The carbalance really didn't feel great and  Kamui had better pacethan me in the first few laps plus my tyre deg wasn't great so wemade our first stop on lap 11 at the same time as Chilton - theguys did a good job and I came back out still ahead of him at thestart of the second stint.

"The car still didn't feel great on the second set of tyres andI couldn't hold back the Marussia or Kamui who was on a differentstrategy to me. I kept pushing up to the second stop on lap 26 whenwe went onto the third set of options and came out ahead of theMarussia again but then after a few more laps I lost power and wastold to stop the car because we had an oil leak.

"I's obviously disappointing not to be able to finish the race,especially as the car was feeling much better as the fuel leveldropped. Still, for me it's another part of the learning processand with every lap I'm racing my education continues. Now we have acouple more days of testing in Bahrain and then it's off to Chinafor another new track for me. We'll have some new parts there sowe'll work on optimising them with setup and come back fighting inShanghai."

Cedrik Staudohar, Renault Sport F1 track support leader:"Yet again both drivers did a good job with all the settingsand were able to race on pace with both Lotuses, Marussias andSaubers. The chassis-engine package is improving with each sessionas we understand more about its strengths and the aim is clearly tokeep this upward trend going. Unfortunately Marcus' race came to anend due to an oil leak, which was linked to an issue with theMGU-H. On Kamui's car we were forced to save fuel at the end of therace as we gained a lap under the safety car, but we're now lookingforward to the test next week and the next race in Shanghai."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/bahrain-grand-prix#VlLAUxGEer9o0XeD.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 8-4-2014 09:17 PM | 显示全部楼层
                        T04 BAHRAIN - DAY ONE

Bahrain International Circuit, Bahrain - 8th April 2014   

Driver: Robin Frijns, #46

Chassis: CT05-#01

Total laps: 63

Best time: 1.40.027

Robin Frijns: “I’m glad we managed to complete 63 laps this morning but it’s obviously a shame we couldn’t add to that in the afternoon, especially as I felt good in the car an was enjoying myself. When we finished the last run before lunch we found a hydraulic system leak that meant the guys had to take the floor and gearbox off and with the time it would have taken to rebuild the car we made the call to end the session early so we could prepare for day two.

“There’s not much I can say about the tyres we were running today as they’re obviously development sets and because it was a Pirelli test today we weren’t aware of what compounds we were running. Now Marcus takes over for tomorrow, our last day on track in Bahrain this year, and we’ll aim to have a clear day of our own test  so we can leave Bahrain with as much information as possible from our last day here.”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 9-4-2014 10:18 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Wed 9 Apr, 2014

Driver: Marcus Ericsson, #9

Chassis: CT05-#01

Total laps: 66

Fastest lap: 1.39.263

Marcus Ericsson: "It was a good morning sessionfor us, running through a plan that started with aero work with afront wheel wake rake fitted for aero evaluation, and then somework on the braking system that gave us a lot of interestinginformation. We didn't really have any issues so we were able toget through most of the morning runplan and then broke for lunchjust before the morning session ended.

"In the afternoon session we started with a number of runs witha rear wing rake on, carrying out more aero work and then removedit to start the final planned runs of the test, but on my13th run of the day we had an issue that stopped the carat turn eight. We got the car back and identified the problem as anERS electrical issue but didn't have enough time to fix it and goback out so that was the end of the test.

"Even with the problem in the afternoon we got through a lot ofwork today and everyone's reasonably pleased with what we'veachieved. We have a lot more information to work through at thefactory before China - now it's time to pack up for the last timein Bahrain in 2014 and prepare for the next race weekend inShanghai in a week's time."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/t04-bahrain-day-2-report#ruceDHXTzDl45qZs.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 11-4-2014 09:16 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Fri 11 Apr, 2014

General
Circuit layout makes overtaking difficult
One of the easiest circuits of the year on brakes
Kerbs are not an issue
Wind speed and direction have a big influence on car performancein sector two, as well as on top speed and through the high speedsection
The track surface can be bumpy under braking, especially in T14where brake locking is possible
Typical balance issues include traction instability out of T6and T14 and understeer in T7 / T8

Circuit Particularity
Bumpiness: low (T14 bumps in braking zone)
Overtaking chance: low
Kerbs: smooth
Aero eff ratio: medium
Track grip evo during w/e: medium / high
Brake wear severity: low

Chinese GP lowdown with Renault Sport F1 track supportleader, Cedrik Staudohar

Main challenges of Shanghai for the PowerUnits:
Shanghai has the longest straight of the season at 1.3km. TheICE will be at full revs for just under 20 seconds, around onefifth of the predicted lap time. Getting a good top speed on thisstraight will be important and the ICE and MGU-K will be put undergreat pressure to maximise the speed. The MGU-H will be able torecover energy on the straight, but recovering enough to beefficient is critical since the heavy braking periods at both endsof the straight put a focus on the MGU-H delivering power to avoidany hesitation or 'turbo lag' on the exit.

Main energy recovery points:
The long straight gives a lot of opportunity for the MGU-H torecharge while the heavy braking points at either end will offerthe MGU-K ample chance to recover the energy that would be lostthrough the brakes. Likewise the first corner, which tightensbefore going into a hairpin will see the cars brake heavily andshift even further through the gears.

Difficulty rating:
High. The long straight poses a tricky problem at this stage inthe season plus the slow, tightening corners put an emphasis ongood driveability. Shanghai is likely to be one of the biggestchallenges we have in the first part of the year.

What to watch out for:
Weather conditions can vary quite significantly in China,ranging from very cold in the Friday morning session to hot for therace. These variations will change track conditions and thereforecar behaviour, which will change the amount of fuel consumed perlap. Additionally, at present it's scheduled to rain on Friday sothe cars will have less grip, but still the same amount of torque -the slow corners will look spectacular.

Driver Quotes

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10: "The last of the fourearly season flyaway races is Shanghai, a track I've always hadgood support on and one that's a really good challenge technically.The last time I raced there in 2012 I qualified fourth, the highestqualifying position of my career and my team at that point. Iactually started third after Lewis had an issue but then the carhad a problem with the launch and I lost a lot of places off theline. While I know we won't be starting that high this year, itwould still be good to have a better race in 2014, and the wholeteam is working as hard as possible to help us do that.

"The main setup focus is how you balance the need for downforcein the high speed turns against the low drag you want for one ofthe longest straights of the year. We saw in Malaysia that we havegood straightline speed so we'll have to make sure that works inour favour, and with Renault we'll be working on energy managementso we can maximise the advantage we have in those parts of thetrack. It's also a circuit where windspeed and direction can have abig influence on how the car handles, so that'll be another areafor us to focus on in the three practice sessions.

"We obviously want to head back to Europe in a good position soeveryone's working flat out to help us do that. I We have a coupleof new parts coming in China before the bigger package everyonebrings to Spain, but we also have to make sure we play to ourstrengths - we have a small advantage in pure pace over our directrivals which put us in a strong position for most of the Bahrainrace, right up until the final stint which ended with adisappointing result. We have to use that performance on Sunday tohelp us get back to where we want to be, and to build on that atevery race."

Marcus Ericsson, car #9: "China's another new trackfor me, so obviously what will really help is having another goodFriday and Saturday, like we had in Bahrain. Step by step, witheach race I'm learning more about how to manage a full race weekendand, apart from Canada, China's the last track before we get toEurope that I haven't raced on so it's even more important to behave maximum mileage in FP1 and FP2 so we can really work onoptimising the settings. Something I will be working on is tyremanagement, especially over the long runs - for rookies in F1 tyremanagement is one of the key areas you have to work on andimproving that area of performance will definitely help make mestronger over the full race distance."

"It might be my first visit to Shanghai but I raced in Macau in2008 and 2009 so I have raced in China before. I was on pole therein 2009 and finished fourth, so I have good memories of racing inChina, and I also spent the week between Australia and Malaysiathis year in Macau because my trainer Alex was living there andworking as an FMX rider in Macau before he joined me in F1. It's anamazing country and it'll be a privilege to race there as an F1driver - hopefully we can repeat the sort of performance we had inMalaysia and finish these flyaways positively."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/2014-chinese-grand-prixview#2BdjkYrEu6jKvJay.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 18-4-2014 07:10 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Fri 18 Apr, 2014

CNN iReport has more than 1 million contributors  (citizenjournalists) generating content in every country in theworld.  1n 2012 it was accessed 250,000 times eachday

Weather
FP1: Overcast, dry, min / max track temp 18° - 21°, airtemp 13° - 14°
FP2: Overcast, dry, min / max track temp 22° - 25°, air temp 15° -16°

FP1: KOB 1.44.038, 17th / ERI1.44.835, 21st
FP2: KOB 1.43.530, 21st / ERI1.43.679, 22nd

Total laps:
FP1: KOB 16 / ERI 22
FP2: KOB 32 / ERI 32

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-#03:"FP1 started with the coldest track temperatures we've had thisyear so we had to work a lot on bringing the tyres up to the rightoperating temperatures. The car balance felt fine but we werehaving some issues with front locking and on the third run I had aflat spot on the front left that was right down to the carcass so,after speaking with Pirelli, we decided to end the session after 16laps as it wouldn't have been safe to run again on that set.

"Over lunch we made a couple of changes to the car but in thefirst FP2 run it was a lot more snappy than it had been in themorning session so we made some more mechanical changes for thesecond run and there was an improvement, still a bit too muchoversteer but definitely a step in the right direction. We followedour usual Friday plan and went onto the option tyres beforefinishing with the long runs, but I didn't have a clean performancerun due to a couple of issues in the cockpit so we'll fix those fortomorrow. The final long run was ok - the deg levels on bothcompounds look reasonable and we have a lot of data to work throughtonight before making more progress tomorrow."

Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-#01: "22laps in FP1 was a solid start to the weekend and meant we gotthrough most of the planned program. Traction was the main issuefor me throughout most of the session - with the cold tracktemperatures and hard tyres we used in FP1 there was very low gripout there and that meant I had to be especially careful in thebraking zones, not being able to attack them as I'd like, but asthe weekend progresses and the track rubbers in more that'llobviously improve.

"At the start of FP2 the car was oversteering too much,especially in the high speed corners, so we introduced a bit moreundersteer to help counteract that and it worked well on run twowhich we used to do some aero evaluation. Before going back ontothe mediums for the last half hour, to do the long run, we triedthe softs for the first time on the performance run but I didn'thave a clear lap and my final quickest time was nowhere near whatthe car is capable of. We have a couple of new procedures herewhich didn't really work so we'll change them for tomorrow and I'msure there's a considerable amount of time to come in both FP3 andquali."

Cedrik Staudohar, Renault Sport F1 track support leader:"A very busy day on the engine side with some new parts toevaluate. We had a solid programme and worked through most items,which has given us a lot of data to analyse tonight. What we cansay already, however, is that we have taken a step forward indriveability. There are a couple of items that should helpperformance but they still need to be fine-tuned with the driversto extract the maximum performance. So, all in all a good day,despite some issues with the ERS system going on and off, buteverything should be solved for tomorrow so we can concentrate ongetting the final tenths from the Power Unit."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/chinese-gp-fp1-fp2#x9R84tQGKbPbyqJb.99

回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 19-4-2014 09:36 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Sat 19 Apr, 2014

Dell has 7,000 team members in China

Weather
FP3: wet; min / max track temp 16°, air temp 14°
Q1: wet; min / max track temp 17°, air temp 14°

FP3: KOB 1.57.812, 16th / ERI1.59.507, 18th
Q1: KOB 1.59.260, 18th / ERI 2.00.646,20th

Total laps:
FP3: KOB 12 / ERI 6
Q1: KOB 10 / ERI 10

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-#03: "AsFP3 was wet and the grip levels were low everyone was beingcautious but we managed to complete 12 laps, all on the intersapart from the installation. The car was ok, a bit too muchoversteer but we did make some gains in braking over the two runsand finished the session without any issues.

"It was raining before the start of qualifying but the trackconditions were right on the edge of choosing between inters andfull wets so we went for the inters as that could have given us thebest chance of springing a surprise in Q1. It was certainly prettytricky on inters but the times were just about there with the wetson the first run so we stuck with them for the second run and wentout to run to the flag. For the second stint the conditions wereimproving slightly, but still not enough for us to have a clearadvantage on the intermediates, so ending up ahead of Bianchi in18th and only three tenths from Gutierrez is probablyabout as good as we could have done today."

Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-#01: "FP3was my second wet session of the season and we started with theinstallation lap on full wets before switching to inters for thefirst run. That went ok but when I boxed we found a couple ofissues with the power unit and an overheating front right brakethat meant we could only complete six laps in the session.

"Quali was tough, especially considering I only had six lapsthis morning, but I'm relatively happy with how it ended up,especially as that was only my third ever session in the wet in F1!We went for the same strategy as Kamui and the car was a realhandful on the first stint - I had front and rear locking in thebraking zones and that was costing me a lot of time, plus I hadsome traffic issues on the first stint that also cost me time, butoverall I'm happy I kept it on the track and finished ahead ofChilton."

Cedrik Staudohar, Renault Sport F1 track supportleader: "Over the day we've had some on-off issues withthe ERS-K on Marcus' car due to some gearbox control problems, butwe feel we extracted the most from the Power Unit this session.Both drivers were able to use maximum power and energy recovery,but conditions were very difficult. Nevertheless we are ahead ofboth Marussias and feel we are well prepared to take the fight tothem, and other cars ahead, in the race tomorrow."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/chinese-gp-qualifying#JUWC6H3DBgCmdMCT.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 20-4-2014 08:01 PM | 显示全部楼层
                        2014 CHINESE GRAND PRIX

Shanghai, China - 20th April, 2014   

Go to www.GE.com to learn how GE innovation builds, powers, moves and cures the world.

Weather
                        Race: dry, overcast, air temp 16° / track temp 23° (start), 16° / 23° (lap 28), 16° / 22° (lap 56)

Runplan
                        Kamui Kobayashi

Lap 11: pitstop 1, medium tyres
                        Lap 30: pitstop 2, soft tyres
                        Lap 40: pitstop 3, soft tyres
                        Finished: 18th
                        Fastest lap: 1.43.323 (lap 48)

Marcus Ericsson
                        Lap 10: pitstop 1, medium tyres
                        Lap 27: pitstop 2, soft tyres
                        Lap 42: pitstop 3, soft tyres
                        Finished 20th
                        Fastest lap: 1.43.620 (lap 30)

Team Quotes

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-#03: “Finishing 18th isn’t the final position we’d want, but after a really good battle with Jules I’m relatively pleased with how today’s race went. However, it’s a real shame that my move on him on the last lap now doesn’t count due to the mistake with the chequered flag, something we had nothing to do with. We’d had a really good battle for the last few laps of the race and I got him on what was the last lap, until it turned out the chequered flag had been waved a lap too early by mistake – until we found that out after the race it had been good to see what a small victory like that does for the team as it lifted everyone at the end of a very tough first four races of 2014.

“I didn’t have a great start but still made up a couple of places on lap one and was having a good fight with Maldonado until lap 18 when he got past. The guys did a very good pitstop when we came in for the first time for new mediums on lap 11, helping me stay ahead of him until halfway through the second stint, but our car is simply not competitive enough on options tyres to hold him and once he was ahead I didn’t have the pace to fight back, so from that point we were focused on beating the Marussias.

“We stuck to the original three stop strategy and that gave us a few interesting moments, particularly with Vettel who I was told I could pass as he was fuel saving and on old tyres and I was on new softs on the third stint. I hear he wasn’t too pleased about that but relative to him I had the pace then to immediately pull away and did so to avoid compromising our plan.

“Obviously though the real battle for us was with the Marussias and when I came out on new softs after my final pitstop I was able to catch Chilton quickly and then closed the gap to Bianchi in a few laps, despite the traffic at that point in the race which always makes our own race very difficult. It was a really good battle with Jules, clean racing and I finally passed him going into the hairpin at the end of the back straight, having feinted left in turn 11 so I had a better run on him onto the straight which set him up for the pass into turn 14. As I say, through no fault of our own that result now doesn’t count but we’ll just have to dig deeper in Spain and fight back there.

“Even though we had good race with Maldonado for the first third of the race it’s clear we don’t have the outright pace to fight Lotus or Sauber yet, but we have a good package coming for Spain and we are determined to try and close the gap. The first four races have been hard, but having both cars finish today shows the progress we and Renault have made with reliability. Now we have to build on that and use the next couple of weeks to recharge ourselves so we can come back stronger in Barcelona.”

Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-#01: “For me the whole race was dominated by understeer. On every set of tyres the balance just wasn’t there and that meant I couldn’t really push at all. It’s good that we got to the end of the race, but if I hadn’t had that understeer I’m sure I’d have been quicker.

“My start wasn’t perfect and I was behind both Marussias at the end of lap one. We did the first stint on softs and they started graining pretty quickly so we boxed for mediums for the second stint on lap 10. We added a bit more front wing to try and help with the understeer but it didn’t really help so I just couldn’t push any more than I was. It was the same for the third and fourth stints which we did on softs but by that point I was pretty much on my own so just focused on getting to the end of the race.

“This is obviously the last of the early season flyaways and when we start the European season in Spain it’ll be back at a track I know really well. As a rookie that’s obviously good for me and with the amount of time I’ll be in the factory and in the simulator between now and then, and with the new parts we have coming in Barcelona, I’m sure we’ll come back stronger there and ready to make progress there and in the next few races.”

Cedrik Staudohar, Renault Sport F1 track support leader: “Today we had no issues on the Power Unit side and worked with the team to get the maximum performance possible. The final result is not exactly what we wanted to achieve but we’ll take advantage of the three weeks between Shanghai and Barcelona to work on performance and help the team deliver in the European season.”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 8-5-2014 09:12 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Wed 7 May, 2014

General
Race Laps: 66
Lateral track with high percentage of high speed corners
Maximising slow speed traction is important through sectorthree
Medium brake energy
Bumps at entry of T9 and braking into T10
Grip level and balance change with different weather conditions(track temp and wind direction)
Understeer is the typical balance issue in the high speedcorners T3 and T9

Circuit Particularity
Bumpiness: medium
Overtaking chance: medium
Engine severity: low
Aero eff ratio: low
Brake wear severity: medium

Quotes

Kamui Kobayashi: "After a couple of weeks torecharge we're back to work in Barcelona at a track everyone knowsextremely well, but, unusually for us in the recent F1 era, thiswill be our first visit there this year as we didn't test there inpre-season. It's a track I've always gone pretty well at,especially in 2012 when I finished fifth after really good fightswith Button and Rosberg in the race - while I'd like to be racingboth of them again this year we're realistic enough to know that'svery unlikely, but we are still aiming to be able to fight at leasttwo of the teams ahead, and new parts should help that.

"We're bringing updates to the front and rear wings and thefloor and the key to optimising the performance gains from them isobviously maximum time on track, so strong reliability will againbe crucial. It was good to see how much progress we and Renaultmade on that over the first four races and we'll obviously aim tocarry that over to Barcelona and throughout the season as it isespecially important in helping perfect setups over theweekend."

Marcus Ericsson: "I've had a very good two weekbreak back at home in Sweden but now I want to get back on trackand Spain's the perfect place to do so! This will be the first raceof the year at a track I know well and, while it's only a smalladvantage, it's obviously good to have that knowledge as it makesthe initial runs on Friday more useful, and it means I can attack alap more efficiently right from the start of FP1.

"That's important at any race, but especially this weekend as wehave some new parts coming and it will be critical to complete therunplans we have for those on Friday so we can really see where wecan find maximum laptime. As we have had at all the races thisyear, in addition to the work on track we'll also have thesimulator operational back at Leafield, and all the simulationsoftware we have at our disposal to help generate even more data,so while the focus will be on Spain there will also be a lot ofwork going on back at the factory to help us even more. Obviouslythat's a big step up in terms of support from the last time I racedGP2 in Barcelona, but for me it's all part of my progression and Ican't wait to start work again!"

The Spanish Grand Prix lowdown with Renault Sport F1 tracksupport leader, Cedrik Staudohar:

Main challenges of Spain for the Power Units: "Weknow Barcelona very well so we go to the race well prepared. Thekey points to look out for are the 1km pit straight: this will seethe ICE flat out for around 10secs so making sure the MGU-H isefficient will help keep the battery reserve topped up. In thequick, flowing corners we'll need effective PU response while theslower corners demand good traction and stability under braking.Hopefully our new upgrades will deliver in both these areas."

Main energy recovery points: "Barcelona is verymid-table. The slow corners such as T10 and the chicane allow us torecharge the battery via the MGU-K. Fuel consumption is not a majorconcern here."

Difficulty rating: "Medium. We have so muchinformation on Barcelona from previous tests that there won't betoo many surprises. The majority of the workload will come fromevaluating the new upgrades on the Power Unit software and chassisside."

What to watch out for: "We will have the next phaseof the software upgrades in Spain so we expect improvements in bothdriveability and energy management. The improved response will beimportant in the low to mid speed corners and coming onto thestraight."

Read more at http://caterhamf1.com/news/2014/spanish-grand-prixview#4AVx0HddhdvoLJLI.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 10-5-2014 01:01 AM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Fri 9 May, 2014

CNN's coverage is supplemented and carried by more than 1,000broadcast affiliates worldwide.

Weather
FP1: Dry, sunny, min / max track temp 20° - 26°, air temp 19°- 22°
FP2: Dry, sunny, min / max track temp 44° - 47°, air temp23°

FP1: KOB 1.30.997, 21st / ERI 1.31.421,22nd
FP2: KOB 1.31.338, 20th / ERI1.31.586, 21st

Total laps:
FP1: KOB 22 / ERI 22
FP2: KOB 38 / ERI 39

Kamui Kobayashi, car #10, chassis CT05-#03:"That was a tough day for us, with lack of grip stopping us getanything good out of the car in either session. We used most of FP1for aero evaluations, looking at the new parts we've brought hereand also starting work on the setup options we have for the weekendahead, but with the grip issue I really couldn't put a clean laptogether in the whole session.

"It was the same in FP2. The track was a lot hotter than FP1 andit seemed to make the rear worse, but overall I couldn't find adecent laptime on any of the runs. We obviously have a lot of workahead of us tonight to find a setup direction that will allow us toget back to the performance levels we're targeting, but we've had afew Fridays like this so far this year and we've always come backfighting on Saturday so I know we can be better tomorrow."

Marcus Ericsson, car #9, chassis CT05-#01:"Like Kamui, for me the low grip levels in both FP1 and FP2dominated both sessions. I couldn't really push at all because formost of the day the car was switching from oversteer to understeerthe whole way round the lap - to be honest it was a bit likedriving on ice which is not what we want!

"For FP2 we made several changes but still had the same issuewith grip. The traction levels were also very low and it wasdifficult applying the power, especially with the car moving aroundas much as it was. With all of this going on I didn't have a chanceto put in a clean quick lap on the mediums, so the final timestoday are pretty meaningless for us and I'm sure we'll bounce backtomorrow. Even with the handling issues today we've still completeda good amount laps so we have a lot of data to work through andwe'll get back to where we want to be."

Cedrik Staudohar, Renault Sport F1 track supportleader: "The second session was a step forward and we wereable to run the new software upgrades we brought to this race.Everything worked as planned and we were able to complete the testswe required. The upgrades represent a step forward and we werehappy with the progress. In FP1 unfortunately we had some issueswith the calibration and had to run in a downgraded mode with lessthan optimal energy management, but we managed to recover in thesecond session and it should not affect the weekend.

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/spanish-gp-fp1-fp2#VqPKSgywtKDAikvO.99

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

所属分类: 爱车专区

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

版权所有 © 1996-2023 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd (483575-W)|IPSERVERONE 提供云主机|广告刊登|关于我们|私隐权|免控|投诉|联络|脸书|佳礼资讯网

GMT+8, 22-5-2024 02:48 AM , Processed in 0.105038 second(s), 22 queries , Gzip On.