找回密码
 注册

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主: maocheng

Caterham F1 Era End

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 18-11-2013 09:01 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Sun 17 Nov, 2013

[url=]Share[/url]        [url=]Tweet[/url]        [url=]Share[/url]        [url=][/url]        [url=]Share[/url]

Caterham F1 Team Partner Information
GE Energy Financial Services holds equity investments in powerprojects with the capacity to produce 26 gigawatts - equivalent tothe installed generating capacity of Thailand

Weather
Race: dry, sunny, air temp 29° / track temp 35°(start), 30° / 37° (lap 28), 31° / 35° (lap 56)

Runplan
Charles Pic
Start on medium tyres
Lap 20: pitstop 1, hard tyres
Lap 50: drive-through penalty
Finished: 20th

Giedo van der Garde
Start on medium tyres
Lap 21: pitstop 1, hard tyres
Finished 19th

Team Quotes

Charles Pic, car 20, chassis CT03-#6: "Off theline I passed Chilton and was right behind Giedo and Bianchi at theend of the first lap. However, the car balance today was the sameas it's been all weekend, just not quite there, which meant Icouldn't push at all. I was keeping up with my teammate for thewhole race, up to the drive-through in the last couple of laps, butwe just didn't have the pace today to put in the normal sort ofrace performance we've seen for most of the season.

"We have the chance to bounce straight back in Brazil, and we'llwork hard over the next few days to understand what we need to doto find a setup that allows us to get the most out of the package.I had my highest finish of the season in Brazil last year so we'llaim to sort out the setup issue and be there to take advantage ofanything that comes our way."

Giedo van der Garde, car 21, chassisCT03-#5: "I didn't have a good start and wasbehind Bianchi at the end of the first lap. From there it wasn'tpossible to pass him as, even though I had a quicker car round thewhole lap, his straightline speed was better than mine and everytime I got close my front tyres started graining because the carwas understeering a lot so I couldn't make a move past him stick.Sometimes it's like this, there's not much you can do when you'reso evenly matched.

"Despite how today went, overall it's been a good week inAustin. The track is good and the atmosphere in Austin and at thecircuit is amazing, but obviously for us we need a bit of a crazyrace to be in with a chance of reclaiming tenth in theChampionship, so now it goes down to the wire in Brazil. We'reready, we just need to see what happens."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2013/united-states-grand-prix#sFrSRLBWyRfZH41S.99

回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 21-11-2013 12:34 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Wed 20 Nov, 2013

[url=]Share[/url]        [url=]Tweet[/url]        [url=]Share[/url]        [url=][/url]        [url=]Share[/url]

General
Race Laps: 71
Fuel consumption and fuel effect are relatively low, compared tothe majority of the season
Kerbs are not a problem
The track is not especially bumpy
The Brazilian GP is a hard race for the drivers with manycompressions and a long time spent dealing with lateral loads whichare applied on the opposite side to most circuits
Low atmospheric pressure due to the altitude of the circuitwhich is the highest of the season: 786 m above sea level.
Top speed can be reached in T1 or T4 depending on windcondition
First gear is not used on the track
Maximising traction is usually the main balance issue

2012 Weather
Air/Track temp (C): 32 / 40
ATM Press (HPA): 786
Hum (%): 62
Wind (kph): NNE2.7

2011 Timing
Qualifying
P1: HAM 1.12.458 Q3
P2: BUT 1.12.513 Q3
P3:  WEB 1.12.581 Q3
CF1T best: P19 PET 1.17.073 Q1

Race
P1: BUT (1.18.108 lap 37)
P2: ALO (1.18.623 lap 36)
P3: MAS (1.18.879 lap 37)
CF1T best: P11 PET (1.20.528 lap 39)

Circuit Particularity
Bumpiness: medium
Overtaking chance: low
Kerbs: smooth
Ride height setting particularity: none
Engine severity: medium
Gearbox severity: medium
Lat/Long grip: lateral
Aero eff ratio: medium
Safety car history: 2011 - none, 2010 - 1 (laps 51 - 55)
Track grip evo during w/e: high
Aero settings: medium / high
Brake wear severity: medium
Brake cooling necessity: high

Driver Quotes

Charles Pic: "We've reached the end of the season,a year which I've enjoyed and believe I've learnt a lot from, bothon and off track. There have been a number of really good moments,Bahrain for example when we brought the new parts and the car wassuddenly a big step forwards, that felt really good and was a fairreward for the work everyone had put in. And, every time I've beento the factory, it's been an honour to see how dedicated everyoneis to pushing the team forwards. We did a cool event with all thestaff after quali in Silverstone and it was great to see so manypeople at the factory on a Saturday, and to see what it meant totheir families to be part of a team that keeps growing in the rightdirection. Sure there have been some tough moments too, but whatI've liked all year has been the spirit right across the wholeteam. We started in Australia with a car that we knew would be achallenge to compete with teams ahead, but by Bahrain and thenSpain, because of the efforts put in by everyone at the factory andon track, we'd overtaken our nearest rivals in pace terms, aposition we've held at most of the circuits since then.

"So now we're in Brazil and it's the last race of the year. In2012 I had my highest ever finish in F1 in Brazil,12th and that was partly down to having a crazy raceall around us and that's what we're hoping for again 2013, eventhough this year it's a fight with the team I was with in 2012! Weknow we have the pace to be in the right place when the chequeredflag falls, and I know that whatever the weather does I'll be readyto fight right to the end. Now it's a bit out of our hands, sowe'll do what we've done all year - work as hard as we can and grabany opportunities that arise. It'll be an exciting weekend whateverhappens, and one in which there will be quite a lot of attention onus, so I'm excited about what's ahead."

Giedo van der Garde: "It's hard to believe we'realready at the end of the season, but here we are in Brazil and wehave a big weekend ahead of us, for the whole team, our partnersand our fans. I have to say it's been a fantastic year, one inwhich I've learnt so much, more than I could have thought when thefirst test started back in February, but one in which I've enjoyedevery minute - the highs and the lows. I think I'm really luckythat I'm with a team that gave me the chance last year to learn,doing things like FP1 in Brazil in 2012 which will definitely behelpful here, but also throughout the season. When we announcedthat I'd be driving for Caterham back in January I said I knew Ihad a lot to learn and I needed some time to find my true pace, butthe team helped me do just that and mid-season, that's when it allstarted to come good. It would obviously be nice to finish on ahigh now in Brazil and we're all ready to do that, if the chancecomes our way.

"I'm fully ready for what's ahead this weekend, mentally andphysically. I'm feeling good and hopefully it'll be wet / dry, justlike it was in Monaco and Spa when we got into Q2, conditions thatI really like and that I think you need to be a bit brave to reallytake advantage of. Since being in Brazil it's rained both days ataround race time, so who knows, maybe the luck will finally go ourway and we'll have a chance to fight to the flag for the positionwe're aiming for.  If not, then so be it. I'm a positive guyand I know the whole team has worked incredibly hard all year tokeep making progress, so if things don't go our way it won't bethrough lack of effort. All we can do is drive as hard and as fastas possible, and continue to work like we have all year, then we'llsee where we are on Sunday night."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2013/brazilian-grand-prixview#OJyfMft8JsooeJca.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 23-11-2013 11:09 AM | 显示全部楼层
    Friday at Interlagos

Added: Fri 22 Nov, 2013

In a recent survey of Brazil's top 3.5 million executives, CNN International was the most-watched English language news network among executives and opinion leaders.

Weather
FP1: light rain; min / max track temp 20° - 23°, air temp 19° - 20°
FP2: light rain; min / max track temp 22°, air temp 20°

Fastest laps / positions:
FP1: VDG 1.28.107, 19th / PIC 1.28.199, 20th
FP2: VDG 1.31.118, 19th / PIC 1.31.165, 20th

Total laps:
FP1: VDG 18 / PIC 17
FP2: VDG 16 / PIC 15

Runplan

Charles Pic, car #20, chassis CT03-06

FP1

1003 - 1006: Run 1, installation lap, 1 lap (wet tyres)

Changes: front brake duct blanking

1018 - 1037: Run 2, 11 laps (intermediate tyres)

Changes: front / rear brake duct blanking

1058 - 1103: Run 3, 2 laps including pitstop (intermediate /wet tyres)

Changes: n/a

1123 - 1128: Run 4, 3 laps (intermediate tyres)

FP2

1426 - 1433: Run 1, 4 laps (wet tyres)

Changes: front brake duct blanking

1515 - 1533: Run 2, 11 laps (intermediate tyres)

Giedo van der Garde, car #21, chassis CT03-05

FP1

1004 - 1007: Run 1, installation lap, 1 lap (wet tyres)

1019 - 1038: Run 2, 11 laps (intermediate tyres)

Changes: front wing flap angle, rear brake duct blanking

1050 - 1057: Run 3, 2 laps including pitstop (intermediate / wet tyres)

1123 - 1130: Run 4, 4 laps (intermediate tyres)

FP2

1425 - 1432: Run 1, 4 laps (wet tyres)

Changes: front wing flap angle

1514 - 1534: Run 2, 12 laps (intermediate tyres)

Driver quotes

Charles Pic: "We started FP1 with the usual installation lap, using wets to begin with but the track conditions were ok so we went to inters for the first full run. The initial balance was ok but towards the end of the run we stopped for another set of inters with lower tyre pressures and that gave an improvement in front grip, but at the expense of overall balance. At the end of that first run the rain started again so we changed the runplan so we could run through some procedures and make sure we didn't use up the tyres. We waited to go out again until the end of the session when the rain had stopped falling and for me it was a pretty useful session, particularly bearing in mind what might happen with the weather this weekend.

"Like most of the other cars we waited for the rain to stop at the start of FP2 and then headed out for our first run on full wets. The track was very wet with the car aquaplaning in quite a few places but we put in a couple of laps before a sensor issue meant we had to come back in. By that point the weather wasn't good enough for inters and, wanting to hang on to as many sets of wets as we can for Sunday, we opted to wait until the last 15 minutes before heading out again on inters. We've accumulated enough data from today's wet running to give us a lot of really useful information for the rest of the weekend - now we'll have to see what the weather does tomorrow and Sunday."

Giedo van der Garde: "I drove here last year in FP1 and had a good session then so I already knew the circuit which meant we could get on with the programme quickly in FP1. The track looked wetter than it felt after the installation lap so we switched from wets to inters for the baseline run and I was pretty happy with the balance to start with. The rear was a bit unpredictable, a bit loose, but the front end grip was good, particularly in the high speeds and for me, in conditions like this which I really like, it felt ok.

"Run two was a couple of single laps with a stop in between to allow us to do some launches and live pitstop practice, but after the stop the car developed an upshift issue which meant I had to get it back to the garage in second gear. We took a look at it and found it was a software issue so it was fixed quickly which meant I could put in a final run at the end of the session, finishing up with 18 laps which, considering the condition of the track, wasn't too bad.

"FP2 started well. We waited a bit at the start of the session and then headed out on wets and I had a decent outlap, giving me good grip and giving me a car I could push with right from the first flying lap. There was a little bit of tyre dropoff, but I was pretty happy with the performance and the balance on full wets. For most of the rest of the session we waited until the water levels on track had dropped enough for inters and went out for the last run with 15 minutes left, putting another 12 laps on the board in the sort of conditions we had on race day last year, and which we'd obviously like again this year. I have to say that the car feels really good in the wet - the last couple of times it was like this was Spa and Monaco, two of the real highlights for me this year, so if we get that again I think Sunday could be really interesting."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2 ... qAlYLLdA3kT8ohvB.99
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 24-11-2013 01:47 AM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Sat 23 Nov, 2013

Caterham F1 Team Partner information
Airbus produce approximately half of the world's jet airliners

Weather
FP3: rain; min / max track temp 21° (start) - 20° (end), airtemp 19°
Q1: light rain; min / max track temp 19° - 20°, air temp 19°

Fastest laps / positions:
FP3: PIC 1.30.837, 14th / VDG1.31.154, 16th
Q1: PIC 1.27.843, 19th / VDG 1.28.320,20th

Total laps:
FP3: PIC 14 / VDG 14
Q1: PIC 6 / VDG 6

Runplan

Charles Pic, car #20, chassis CT03-06

FP3
1103 - 1106: Run 1, 1 lap (wet tyres)
Changes: front wing flap angle, front / rear brake ductblanking
1136 - 1148: Run 2, 7 laps (wet tyres)
1153 - 1203: Run 3, 6 laps (intermediate tyres)

Q1
1359 - 1409: Run 1, 6 laps (intermediate tyres)

Giedo van der Garde, car #21, chassis CT03-05

FP3
1102 - 1105: Run 1, 1 lap (wet tyres)
1135 - 1147: Run 2, 7 laps (wet tyres)
1153 - 1202: Run 3, 6 laps (intermediate tyres)

Q1
1359 - 1409: Run 1, 6 laps (intermediate tyres)

Driver quotes

Charles Pic: "We made a lot of changes to the carovernight and started FP3 with an installation lap on wets as thetrack had a lot more water on it than yesterday. About halfwaythrough the session the conditions had improved enough to go outagain and we did a seven lap run, again on wets, which gives usmore information for tomorrow. With about ten minutes left therewas a dry line appearing so we went for the performance run oninters - it was ok but we knew there was more to come forquali.

"The rain was still falling at the start of qualifying, but notenough for wets so we went out early with the whole pack tomaximise our running time on the inters. It was very tricky outthere but I'm happy with how it finished. We've had a balance issuefor the last three races that we've worked a lot on and thisweekend it's come good, so I'm pleased with my final time in Q1.The main aim was to be in front of our nearest rivals and we'vedone that, keeping in reserve an extra set of intermediates, so westart what could be a fascinating race tomorrow where we'd aimedfor and if it keeps raining like this we could have a chance ofreclaiming tenth place in the Championship."

Giedo van der Garde: "FP3 was obviously very wet sowe were pretty cautious with the runplan, wanting to make sure wehung on to tyres for Sunday, but overall the car felt pretty goodon both full wets and inters. We were trying a few diff settings aswell and when we switched to inters for the last run it wasdefinitely getting quicker, but I didn't get a completely clean lapso, even with the time we ended up with in the session, I was stillpositive about what we could do in qualifying.

"In Q1 we went out immediately on inters but on my fastest lap Imade a mistake in sector two which cost me quite a lot of time. Thecar balance didn't feel great but I think there was still more tocome, not enough for Q2 today but now it's all about tomorrow.We've saved a set of inters for tomorrow so we're in good shapewith the tyres we have available. Our car's good in the wet, Ireally like this sort of weather and we all know what we have todo. We've been here before, on this track and in thesecircumstances, so we know what we have to do on Sunday. Honestly,I'm excited about it - it's going to be super tense but that's whatthis is all about."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2013/brazilian-gp-qualifying#ouvVhycOwaYPyRbF.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 25-11-2013 11:52 AM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Sun 24 Nov, 2013

Dell has been ranked in top five of Newsweek's Greenest Companiesin America for the past three years - a true part of#TeamGreen!

Weather
Race: overcast, dry (start), air temp 19° / track temp 25°(start), 19° / 24° (lap 36), 18° / 22° (lap 71)

Runplan
Charles Pic
Start on medium tyres
Lap 25: pitstop 1, medium tyres
Lap 58: retired, suspension failure
Finished: DNF

Giedo van der Garde
Start on medium tyres
Lap 24: pitstop 1, medium tyres
Lap 47: pitstop 2, hard tyres
Lap 52: drive through penalty
Finished: 18th

Team Quotes

Charles Pic, car 20, chassis CT03-#6: "My startwasn't great but by the end of lap five I was past Bianchi andclosing the gap to my teammate. We put in a long first stint on themediums with one eye on the rain that could have come, and boxed onlap 25 for another set of options, coming out clear of Bianchiwhich was obviously the first target.  My pace in the secondstint was good - the car felt great and Giedo and I switchedpositions just after the halfway mark as I was on a differentstrategy and pace to him at that point.

"My laptimes on that second set were good - running in the 1.18swhich was close most of the midfield, but at that point it was allabout hanging on to see if the rain would come. The tyres held upreally well and I was in 17th when the rain was juststarting to fall a little more heavily, but then, on lap 58, therewas a suspension problem on the car and that was the end of therace for me. It's obviously a real shame that my race ended likethat as the plan was working well and if the rain had fallen harderwe'd have been in a really strong position, but sometimes it's likethat."

Giedo van der Garde, car 21, chassis CT03-#5:"My start was really good, I passed my teammate and was fightingwith Bianchi through turn one, but had to lift slightly to avoidone of the Force Indias which let Jules through. The car felt goodat that point so only a couple of laps later I was past him andimmediately put clear air between me and him, pushing on toKovalainen ahead in the Lotus. We went until lap 24 on the firstset, at one point running as high as 14th, but themain aim was to put a gap between us and the Marussias, and when Irejoined on another set of mediums we had the gap up to about sevenseconds.

"My second set of tyres weren't performing as well as the firstand about halfway through the planned second stint I was given thecommand to change positions with my teammate. That set of mediumshad started to go off but with the possibility of more rain comingwe had to stay out. We were still pulling away from Bianchi whichmeant we were covering his plan, but it was a struggle to keep upthe pace we needed on those tyres as they were pretty much gone bylap 42.

"The second stop was on lap 47 when we went onto the primes. Icame out ahead of Bianchi again but had to serve a drive through afew laps later which put me about 15 seconds behind him. I waspushing really hard and closed the gap a lot, down to seven secondsby lap 65 but that was as close as I could get.

"It's obviously not how I wanted the season to end, but I think,overall, I've learnt a lot. There have been quite a few highs and afew lows but this is a great team, a good group of people who workso hard and are determined to succeed, just like me."

Cyril Abiteboul, Team Principal, Caterham F1 Team:"It's obviously disappointing to finish the season like this and toend in 11th place in the championship. We started withlast year's car which was slower than our rivals for the firstthree races and it was in the second race in Malaysia that we lostthe tenth place that we then ended up chasing all year.  It'sparticularly frustrating because our development strategy paiddividends in terms of outright pace from Bahrain onwards, but wehad to balance our 2013 campaign against the need to focus on 2014and that was always going to be a challenge.

"Despite the position we ended up in I want to thank the driversand the whole team for the work they put in this year. We haveexperienced people in every department and a lot of young talentthroughout the team, on track and at Leafield, and everyone in theteam needs to be thanked for their hard work throughout 2013.

"Our shareholders and our partners have continued to support usunequivocally and the investments they continue to make, ininfrastructure, resources and, most importantly, people, put us ina good position for the future. Now we'll regroup, recharge andcome back fighting in 2014 in an all new Formula 1."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2013/brazilian-grand-prix#YQZDejfFpyZsjPFu.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 21-1-2014 10:01 PM | 显示全部楼层
  •                                     News                    
                        Caterham announces F1 and GP2 line-ups               

• Added: Tue 21 Jan, 2014

Caterham F1 Team and Caterham Racing Announce 2014 F1 and GP2Driver Line-Ups

Caterham F1 Team and Caterham Racing have confirmed their 2014driver line-ups with the announcement that Kamui Kobayashi andMarcus Ericsson will race in Formula One in the forthcoming season,with Robin Frijns and Alexander Rossi as F1 team Reserve Drivers.In addition, Alexander and Rio Haryanto will contest the 2014 GP2honours with Caterham Racing.

Kobayashi joins the UK-based team after one season out of F1,rejoining the sport as it heads towards a new era in F1 historywith all-new rules for the season ahead. The popular Japanesedriver joins F1 rookie Marcus Ericsson in an exciting, dynamicline-up that will push the team to achieve its targets throughoutthe season ahead while giving, for the second year running, anopportunity for a leading GP2 driver to make the step up to F1,demonstrating the logic of Caterham's direct involvement in that F1feeder Championship. Supporting them at all non-GP2 races asReserve Driver will be Robin Frijns, one of motorsport's mosthighly-rated young drivers.

Alexander Rossi renews his GP2 challenge with Caterham Racingand, after finishing the 2013 season as best rookie, he will startthe new season as a serious championship contender. He will combinehis GP2 commitments with another year as a Reserve Driver forCaterham F1 Team at all non-GP2 race weekends, continuing hisdevelopment towards an ultimate race drive in Formula One.Alexander is joined by Rio Haryanto, the Indonesian driver who hasprogressed in GP2 since his first season in the series in 2012 andwho, with Alexander, makes one of the strongest driver pairings inthe championship.

Cyril Abiteboul, Team Principal and CEO, Caterham F1Team: "I'm very pleased we can finally unveil our F1 and GP2drivers for the year ahead. The process may have taken longer thanwe'd have liked, but we didn't want or need to be rushed into suchimportant decisions, and we have been in the happy position ofhaving a wide range of drivers to choose from for both series. Ibelieve that we have exciting, dynamic talents in both F1 and GP2and I know just how excited everyone in the F1 team and CaterhamRacing are about working with all five drivers.

"In F1, I'm delighted that we've been able to bring Kamui back.He is a very popular driver and it's very good for the whole teamthat we've been able to attract such an exciting driver to join usat a critical point in our development. His pace speaks for itselfand his extensive experience of developing cars, particularly inhis years with Toyota, will be incredibly important for us as wetackle one of the most challenging seasons F1 has ever embarkedupon.

"Alongside him is Marcus who will be racing in his debut F1season, but as a driver who has prepared perfectly for the step upwith his graduation through the ranks. He started his single-seatercareer by winning Formula BMW UK in 2007 and rose through the ranksto GP2, where last year he won in Germany, scored two poles, threefastest laps and five podiums. He's physically and mentallyprepared for what lies ahead, and he will have all the support wecan give him across the team to help him fulfil his obviouspotential in Formula One.

"Robin is another new addition to our driver roster and he comesto us as one of the most highly-rated talents around - just look athow he dominated the two Renault-backed series he competed induring the 2012 and 2013 seasons for clear evidence of that. He wonEurocup Formula Renault 2.0 in 2011, recording five wins that year,and then he won Formula Renault 3.5 in 2012, putting three morevictories on the board. He has raw pace and impressed our engineersenormously with the sessions he's completed in our simulator - putsimply, he has the talent to go right to the top of our sport. Hewill be our Reserve at all races where Alexander is focused on GP2and he will have a number of F1 runs throughout the year, immersinghim in the F1 team and helping him develop his understanding ofwhat it takes to operate at the top level.

"In GP2, we want to be competing for race wins and titles fromthe first race. Alexander showed last year that he's ready to makea push for the championship, and we're continuing his F1development in 2014 by combining his GP2 commitments with anotheryear as an F1 team Reserve Driver. I firmly believe he has thetalent to achieve the ambitious targets we are setting him and I'mexcited about seeing him fulfil his potential in GP2 this year.

"Rio joins the team with two years of GP2 already under his beltand he and Alexander make a formidable pairing - we're all excitedabout seeing them and the team add to Caterham Racing's alreadycrowded trophy cabinet and use that as a benchmark for the F1team!

"By any measure, we have an exciting range of drivers across F1and GP2 who will make headlines for both teams throughout the year- sometimes because they're pushing a bit too hard, but, onbalance, that's what motor racing needs. Our F1 team will benefitenormously from having Kamui and Marcus spearhead our challenge in2014 - they provide powerful motivation for us to renew our effortsto succeed throughout the season ahead and demonstrate that ourshareholders and senior management know what it takes toprogress.

"Overall, I'm pleased that we're able to give all five of thedrivers we'll work with in F1 and GP2 the platform to show whatthey can do on a global stage and I'm excited about seeing all ofthem develop in green throughout the year ahead."

Caterham F1 Team

Kamui Kobayashi: "It's a great feeling to be backas an F1 race driver and I'm really pleased it's with Caterham F1Team. We've been talking to Cyril and Tony since last year aboutdriving for the team for 2014 and beyond. Throughout all ourdiscussions I've been very impressed with where they want to takethe team and how much investment has been made already to help themachieve their goals. For me, it's a great honour that the teamhired me based on the value I bring in racing terms and theexperience I have. I am so happy that I am able to make thisannouncement today. I will do my very best to lead the team andwork as hard as possible to achieve our targets.

"I also want to give special thanks to all the fans who havemade donations to KAMUI SUPPORT. Their donations and gestures gaveme extra strength to come back fighting and I am very pleased thatthe money they raised not only helped me but will now go to helpingCaterham progress this year. Every single one of you who helpedwith KAMUI SUPPORT will race with me in 2014 and that makes me veryproud.

"I first visited the factory in Leafield just before Christmasand it's clear how hungry the whole team is to make progress. Lastyear was a tough season but the new rules this year mean thateveryone in F1 is starting again and, that means everybody has achance to improve. From what I've seen, Caterham now has everythingin place to progress this year and for many seasons to come.

"We're all realistic about what we can actually achieve thisyear and until we've run the car properly at the tests it's stilltoo early to see where we are compared to the other teams, butwhatever happens we have to move forwards this year. For me, it's achance to start again with a new team but one that's serious aboutprogressing. For the team, 2014 is the first chance to show whatthey can do with all the people and infrastructure they've built upin Leafield since moving there in 2012.

"I can't wait to start work again. One of the benefits of makingthis announcement so close to the start of the tests means I onlyhave a few days to wait to get back on track! Before then I'll beat the factory as much as possible, working in the simulator andwith everyone there to prepare as much as we can for the tests inJerez and Bahrain. Physically and mentally I'm fully prepared, nowI just want to get back to work!"

Marcus Ericsson: "This is a very proud day for meand everyone who has helped make my F1 dream come true. I'll bemaking the step up to F1 with Caterham F1 Team in 2014 and I'malready excited about the season ahead, and the first race inAustralia in particular.

"It's obviously great for Sweden that we'll have a Swedishdriver back on the grid in 2014. This is what I've been working forsince I first started racing karts back when I was nine years old,and now I know I'm ready for the step up to F1. Caterham is a youngteam and together we can take on the challenges the new rules willpresent in 2014 - learning together and continuing to develop asthe season progresses.

"After a good break at home over Christmas, the hard work hasalready started. My physical fitness has always been good but I'vebeen working even more on that since the discussions with Caterhambegan. I'm going to be in the factory in Leafield as much as I canbefore and during the tests in Spain and Bahrain so I can play anactive role in helping understand the 2014 car, and what we need todo to unlock its performance. We have a big task in front of us butit's an exciting one, and one both the team and I are readyfor."

Robin Frijns: "I am more than happy that Caterhamand Renault have given me the chance to be in Formula One in 2014.Nowadays it's rare to find an F1 team that will put so much trustin a young driver like me, but during the negotiations I had a verystrong feeling that the team really believes in me, which Icouldn't appreciate more! This was one of the main reasons whyCaterham has been my number one priority for quite a while and I amso thankful that it worked out.

"There are many good reasons to believe that Caterham will bemoving up the grid in the next few years and I feel that everymember of the team is strongly committed and really working hard tomake that happen. Also, when I visited the factory for the firsttime, I saw that the working atmosphere in Leafield is verypositive, which gave me a good feeling right away. My personal goalfor this season is to help the team as much I can and also gainvaluable experience to make sure that I can establish myself in theteam and in F1. I am sure that we will have many great yearstogether."

EQ8 Caterham Racing

Alexander Rossi: "I am pleased to be back withCaterham Racing for 2014 fighting for the GP2 championship. My 2013program had some changes which meant I missed the pre-season testsand a couple of the early GP2 races, however, throughout the seasonthe team and I made some big progress and by Abu Dhabi we weredefinitely one of the cars to beat. This continued in thepost-season tests and I'm quite confident about the pace in2014.

"As returning Caterham F1 Team Reserve Driver my duties willcontinue with F1 outings, my role as simulator driver and ontrack reserve for non-GP2 weekends. This is the perfectdevelopment for a future F1 race drive as I play an important rolein assisting the team develop its 2014 car, something that will beparticularly important with the 2014 technical changes.

"I have to thank everyone involved at Caterham and Team Rossi formaking this happen. We have a fantastic chance to win the GP2 titlein 2014, while the F1 team achieves its goals of moving forward.This is an important era for all of us, as the sport enters a newgeneration. What a great way to start 2014!"

Rio Haryanto: "It is a great feeling to sign withCaterham Racing for my 2014 GP2 campaign. After such a successfulpost-season test with the team in Abu Dhabi and the possibleFormula One opportunities, this was the obvious choice for me. Theteam atmosphere immediately filled me with confidence and I am surethat this new chapter, with a new team is going to bringsuccess.

"I am also looking forward teaming up with Alexander Rossi. Weare both strong championship contenders and with our GP2experience, we will work together to fight for both the team anddriver championships. My ultimate goal is to finish the season ashigh as possible in the 2014 GP2 championship and give myself thebest possible chance of a full time Formula One seat in 2015."

Mia Sharizman, EQ8 Caterham Racing Team Principal:"I am delighted to announce that Alexander will continue with usinto 2014, and that Rio is joining our team. This announcement alsomeans that we can focus on our 2014 preparations much earlier thanwe have been able to in previous years. Our team has undergone anumber of changes since the end of the 2013 season which we believegives us the capability to have our best season to date, and tobuild on our previous championship results.

"Our plan for Alexander in 2014 is part of a two-year GP2programme. After finishing 2013 as top rookie it is now time forhim to mount a challenge for the championship, and with theexperience he has gained and the increased support he will have in2014, I believe that the championship is a realistic target.

"Racing alongside Alexander will be Rio Haryanto. Having Riojoin the Caterham family is the result of a lot of hard work overthe last two years, in which time we have seen Rio develop into oneof the most promising Asian racing drivers in the world. Hisexperience in GP2 will help the team develop further and having twostrong, consistent and quick race drivers will help us achieve ourgoals. Rio is a determined young man and he returns to GP2 with theaim of being a strong championship contender alongside histeammate."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/caterham-announces-f1-and-gp2-line-ups#VK78buROgbMSGoHv.99

回复

使用道具 举报

Follow Us
 楼主| 发表于 21-1-2014 10:29 PM | 显示全部楼层

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 22-1-2014 12:02 AM | 显示全部楼层

回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 28-1-2014 10:32 PM | 显示全部楼层
Caterham CT05

本帖最后由 maocheng 于 28-1-2014 10:39 PM 编辑

1390919016.jpg
BfEtJnuCMAARX1U.jpg
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 28-1-2014 11:08 PM | 显示全部楼层
    Caterham F1 Team launches CT05

Added: Tue 28 Jan, 2014

Share Tweet Share Share

Kamui Kobayashi and Marcus Ericsson today revealed CT05, the Caterham F1 Team car the Japanese and Swedish drivers will be competing with in the 2014 FIA Formula One World Championship.

The first car to be fully designed and built at Caterham's Leafield Technical Centre, CT05 is the team's answer to the all-new F1 regulations that have come into force in 2014. The car will race in Caterham's new all-green 2014 livery and, for the fourth year in a row, will be powered by Renault Sport F1, using the new Renault Energy F1 engine mated to a Red Bull Technology gearbox.

Cyril Abiteboul, Team Principal and CEO, Caterham F1 Team: "Having Kamui and Marcus unveiling CT05 is a proud moment for me and the whole team, especially with both F1 and Caterham entering a new era in 2014. Our shareholders and partners have made major investments in the people and facilities at Leafield, giving us a platform to work on the 2014 car that is now much closer to many of the teams ahead and, this year, there is no reason for this to not materialise directly to performance on track.

"We believe CT05 is a good starting point for us to deal with the new regulations and their associated challenges, in particular in terms of reliability. We have a lot of very talented people at Leafield who have worked tirelessly to bring this car to life and everyone has played a part in helping us exceed all the targets we set. We obviously won't know where we really are in relation to the other teams until the first race, but we believe we have answered the challenges presented by the new regulations as effectively as we can.

"We also have very good reason to be positive about how this car will develop throughout the season ahead. Thanks to our relocation in 2012 to at the core of the 'F1 valley', and a highly selective recruitment plan, our staff are now a good mix of experience and young talent and we have moved our wind tunnel program to the Toyota Motorsport GmbH (TMG) facility in Cologne, Germany. This means we are now working at 60% scale, a significant improvement over our previous facility and another sign of just how serious we are about making real progress this year. In addition to the TMG move is an improved partnership with Dell/Intel which gives us, among many other benefits, a major upgrade to our CFD capability, a critical part of our design toolbox that is even more important this year with the rule changes governing wind tunnel use in 2014.

"In Renault Sport F1 and Red Bull Technology, we have technical partners that have powered the World Championship-winning team for the last four years and, while we are realistic enough to know we are very unlikely to be competing at the front of the grid, there is no reason why we should not be fighting higher than we have done since we came into the sport in 2010. We have extensive experience of working with both Renault and Red Bull, and that is going to be crucial this year. Reliability and energy management will play a key role in 2014, especially early in the season, so our experience of working so closely with both organisations since 2011 will definitely help throughout the course of the season.

"We have team partners with us again in 2014 that are the envy of the pitlane. I have already mentioned our increased partnership with Dell/Intel, but I also want to highlight the work we are doing with GE and Airbus Group. In GE we have a partner that has world-leading R&D, technical resources and people, and they have played an active role in the design and development of CT05. In addition to GE we also have Airbus Group and the benefits of a partnership with a company that leads the world in aeronautical design, testing, manufacturing and usage are obvious. Our technical integration with Airbus will grow throughout the season and it is this sort of true partnership that will help us achieve the goals we have set for 2014 and beyond.

"Behind the wheel in 2014 we have a good mix of experience, pace and passion in Kamui, and with Marcus we have given another GP2 star the chance to make the step up to F1. His career has led him to 2014, the season he makes his F1 debut, and we are confident he will make the step up to the top level in the same calm yet quick manner he has shown throughout his career. Helping Kamui and Marcus develop the car throughout the year will be Robin Frijns and Alexander Rossi who will be our 2014 reserves. Robin is an undoubted talent and we are pleased he sees that, with us, he can prepare fully for a future F1 seat. Alexander has been with us since 2011 and we have seen him develop enormously since then. Now he has a real chance to fight for the GP2 championship throughout 2014, and to continue his F1 development at non-GP2 race weekends and in our simulator."

Mark Smith, Technical Director, Caterham F1 Team: "Despite the major rule changes introduced this season, our design philosophy was actually only slightly different to usual for a totally new car. We have still sought to maximise aero and mechanical performance within the regulations but there has been more emphasis than usual placed upon weight reduction and, bearing in mind how critical reliability will be this year, we have been slightly more conservative in the areas around the new power unit - cooling systems, exhausts, heat management etc.

"At the front of the car, the area that will obviously inspire most debate, we have focused a lot of effort on optimising flow structures around the nose, the front of the chassis and the reduced-width front wing area, all in response to the 2014 regulation changes. However, the package we start testing with is by no means our definitive answer and we fully expect to evaluate alternative solutions throughout the course of 2014, particularly now our 60% scale work has started in the TMG wind tunnel in Cologne and our improved Dell/Intel HPC (High Performance Cluster) is coming on stream, significantly stepping up our CFD resource.

"Overall, there were a number of other major areas the design team focused on - the front chassis height led us to opt for pullrod suspension which gives us the best solution from both a mechanical and aerodynamic perspective. Another focus area was cooling - charge air cooler packaging has driven the cooling architecture and consequently the sidepod and rear-deck bodywork and, at the rear end of the car, our development has been driven by the removal of the beam wing, again as per 2014 regulations, and the exhaust blowing effect we've seen in recent years - this has created a challenge all teams will face, how to recover the rear load generated by those areas in previous seasons, and, again, something that will continue to develop throughout the season ahead."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/caterham-f1-team-launches-ct05#IcDbKfodceLZx1cT.99
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 29-1-2014 09:39 AM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Tue 28 Jan, 2014

Jerez T01 - Day 1 report

Driver: Marcus Ericsson
Laps completed: 1 (installation lap)
Fastest time: n/a

Marcus Ericsson: "I'm very proud to havecompleted my first lap as an F1 driver today, and want to thankeveryone in the team for working so hard to get the car ready forday one in Jerez. We'd planned to unveil it before the track openedthis morning but put that back until later in the afternoon after afew problems with the final car assembly, but that was to beexpected with so much new technology on the car.

"The reaction to the car has been huge - people either love itor hate it, but for me it's not really important what it lookslike, as what counts is how quick it is. If it's fast then I reallydon't care if it's the worst looking thing out there, if it's slowbut beautiful then what's the point of that?

"We obviously won't know really where we are until quali inAustralia, and one installation lap on day one isn't going to tellus a lot about the car, but to have got that first lap out of theway and on to day two is a good feeling, and, for me, a positiveway to start my life as an F1 driver."

Cyril Abiteboul, Team Principal: "F1's new erabegan today and I'm pleased we were part of the day one action,albeit in a small way with one installation lap completed. That lapis the culmination of a huge amount of hard work by everyone in ourteam, working flat out back in the UK and here in Spain, and I wantto thank everybody for helping us achieve our first goal today.

"It was also good to see how calm Marcus was today with a lotgoing on around him. He's been positive all day and when he wastold it was time to get in the car for his first lap as an F1driver he was just as calm as ever and that's a good sign for hisseason ahead.

"We were looking at running other installation laps towards theend of the day but an engine issue cut that short, so now the nightshift are coming on track, ready to push on through to tomorrowwhen we want to complete more significant mileage."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/t01-jerez-day-1-report#KRyAgYbXMdslHbAG.99

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 29-1-2014 10:13 AM | 显示全部楼层
哇!! 怎么前鼻。。。 很不好看! 但作用是什么?
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 29-1-2014 12:04 PM 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
superjason 发表于 29-1-2014 10:13 AM
哇!! 怎么前鼻。。。 很不好看! 但作用是什么?

Wind flow
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 30-1-2014 06:43 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Wed 29 Jan, 2014

Driver: Marcus Ericsson

Chassis: CT05-#01

Total laps: 11

Marcus Ericsson: "11 laps today and our firstcouple of full runs in the new car, so we are starting to workthrough the program. I'd obviously like to have had more time inthe car, but we knew we'd have the sort of issues that have limitedour running today so it's nothing to be down about for me.

"The more time I spend with the team, in and out of the car, themore comfortable I'm feeling. Everyone's being really helpful andI'm starting to build a good relationship with my engineer, so evenwith the technical issues that we and every team are having, I'velearnt a huge amount already in the last couple of days. Now theaim is to put some more laps on the board tomorrow and Friday andthen I'll be back to the factory for more sim work before headingto Bahrain and my next run in the car at the second and thirdtests."

Cedrik Staudohar, Track Support Leader, Renault SportF1: "Obviously the plan for today was to put some mileageon the Power Unit and check the behaviour of all the systems stepby step. Unfortunately we were a bit delayed this morning bysoftware issues but once we started we were able to follow ourprogramme with some initial power unit map adjustment and then somework with the ERS system in the following couple of runs. The carstopped on track in the afternoon and it was the end of the day forus as we didn't have time to charge the battery and send the carback out before the flag. In the end it was a productive day as wewere able to test a couple of things which will be very useful forus for tomorrow."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/t01-jerez-day-2-report#rjUM13Jh2au3E3yD.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 31-1-2014 12:31 AM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Thu 30 Jan, 2014

Driver: Robin Frijns
Total laps: 10

Robin Frijns: "Even though we had limitedrunning today it's still good to be back in an F1 car, especiallywith a team where I already feel like part of the family. Since wemade the announcement last week everyone's been really good withme, integrating me into the whole setup at the factory and here inSpain much more than I've been with my previous teams, so it's agood feeling.

"We started this morning on time and ran through a fewinstallation laps so we could keep working through all the systemswe need to get right before we can start to push on performance.The car was behaving pretty strangely, mainly down to the way thepower is being delivered, and it was pretty stop/start as we kepthaving to make adjustments for each run.

"After lunch we had a power unit problem that meant the guys hadto take the floor off and replace a couple of parts, and that's abig job with how complicated everything is - in the end the clockbeat us and we couldn't get back out before the end of the session,and while that's obviously not ideal, it's what testing isfor."

Cedrik Staudohar, Track Support Leader, Renault SportF1: "Another tough day but one where we continue to learnimportant information about the 2014 power unit and what we need todo to improve reliability and allow the team to start working onperformance.

"Robin Frijns was sent out in the car early and we startedworking through a number of programs but just after lunch we founda problem with the power unit that required us to change a partwhich, unfortunately, ended our running early. We have identifiedthe source of the issue and will work overnight to ensure it doesnot occur again, giving the team the chance to add to the lap counttomorrow."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/t01-jerez-day-3-report#V1k7x165lc3jGDYm.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 1-2-2014 12:53 AM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Fri 31 Jan, 2014

Driver: Kamui Kobayashi
Total laps: 54

Kamui Kobayashi: "First I want to say thank youto the whole team for making me feel so at home so quickly. Myfirst day in the car may have ended earlier than we'd planned afteranother problem with the Renault engine, but, from where we've beenearlier this week, it's very good to have completed 54 laps. Forme, it was also good to be back in an F1 car and to be working witha team that I'm already feeling very happy with.

"In the morning we started on a very damp track so we were onfull wets until about 1030 when we went onto inters as the trackwas starting to dry. We were working through a number of differentengine maps and were definitely making progress but just afterlunch we had another engine problem which meant we had to stop.

"We were going to try some longer runs in the afternoon, and I'msure we'd have made more progress, but now we'll go back to thefactory to work through all the information from this test and aimto build on our better last day here when we get to Bahrain."

Cedrik Staudohar, Track Support Leader, Renault SportF1: "Despite having to finish our Friday a couple of hoursbefore the end of the session, this was still a much better day forus. We were able to work through a busy program with Kamui, lookingat different engine maps and torque settings and, until the issuethat stopped us running, it was clear that we made some progress onreliability."

Cyril Abiteboul, Team Principal, Caterham F1Team: "I'm pleased for the whole team that we managed tofinish the test with a more decent number of laps today, but thereis still clearly a lot of work to do to prepare for the next test.Obviously a lot of the focus is on Renault, and it is imperativethat they make significant progress on all areas of engineperformance and reliability, but we are in partnership with themand we will work as closely as we always have to help them findsolutions and deliver the package we know they can on track.

"For our team, it's been a tough but interesting week and I'mproud of how hard everyone on track in Spain and back at base inLeafield has been working. We've given Marcus, Kamui and Robintracktime, albeit limited in Marcus and Robin's cases, and I'mpleased to see how well all three are fitting into the team.

"Now we have just over two weeks to prepare for the Bahraintests and everyone is ready for the work that lies ahead. Our 60%scale wind-tunnel program at TMG in Cologne also started onTuesday, the first day on track in Spain, and that's a big plus forus as we look to develop CT05 now and throughout the season tocome."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/t01-jerez-day-4-report#uFROefcvSJ2Ykvjv.99

回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 19-2-2014 10:55 PM | 显示全部楼层

•                                                                 News                    
                        T02 Bahrain - Day One Report               

• Added: Wed 19 Feb, 2014

Driver: Robin Frijns, #46

Chassis: CT05-#02

Total laps: 68

Robin Frijns: "We've obviously made quite a lotof progress since Jerez and having finished the day with 68 laps, alot more than the other Renault powered teams, I think everyone canbe quite pleased with how this test has started.

"For me it's still too early to really tell how quick the car isbecause we haven't yet started running anywhere near fullperformance levels, but overall it feels ok. I wasn't getting a lotof grip from the back end to begin with but we made a few changesto the aero balance and by the end of the session it was startingto come together, especially on the mediums which we tried in theafternoon - the grip levels on those was much better and I couldreally start to push on that set.

"That's my last day in the car before the season starts and I'mhappy to finish in the car in Bahrain with that mileage completed.I'm enjoying being part of this team - they all know what they haveto do to start pushing up the grid, and being part of that isgood."

Cedrik Staudohar, Track Support Leader, Renault SportF1: "Today was obviously a more positive start to the testthan we had in Jerez but we still have work to do to increase theperformance levels to achieve the targets we have set for thisstage of the season. A lot of work has been done since the firsttest, much of which has helped us achieve the mileage we did today,and after running without any major Power Unit problems throughoutthe whole day it is clear we have made significant progress, bothfor us and with the team."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/t02-bahrain-day-1-report#AgVOdTFlUYAqbjls.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 20-2-2014 10:55 PM | 显示全部楼层
  •                                     News                    
                        T02 Bahrain - Day Two               

• Added: Thu 20 Feb, 2014

Driver: Kamui Kobayashi, car #10

Total laps: 66

Kamui Kobayashi: "It was good to be back in the carand even though we had quite a few interruptions in the morningwith a telemetry issue, we still completed 66 laps which is anotheruseful day's work.

"It's still too early to know where we really are, but beingable to build the mileage every day is the only way we'll be ableto get the most out of the car. Reliability is going to be soimportant this year, and it's good that the issues we've had herehave been fixed well enough to allow us to keep running. It's alsogood to finish the day with a relatively quicker lap, but eventhough everyone knows laptimes don't really mean anything in thetests, it's good for the team to start to see us unlocking some ofthe car's performance."

Cedrik Staudohar, Track Support Leader, Renault SportF1: "From our side today was comparatively problem-free. Wecompleted another decent number of laps and continued to unlock thePower Unit's performance, working steadily to improve driveabilityand outright pace. Tomorrow Marcus is in the car and we wouldobviously like another clean day to give him the maximum time tocontinue his familiarisation with the 2014 car. We have a lot morepure performance to come and the plan is to continue building as wego through the tests, so tomorrow we would like more of the samethat we saw from Kamui and the team today."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/t02-bahrain-day-two-report#kqbe025j8jcmMOXI.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 21-2-2014 10:51 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Fri 21 Feb, 2014

Driver: Marcus Ericsson, car #9

Total laps: 98

Marcus Ericsson: "I'm pleased with how my first day on track inBahrain went. 98 laps is obviously very good news in terms ofreliability, and it also means I've passed the 300kms I needed todo to qualify for a Superlicence. The boys have worked really hardtoday and we've pretty much had no issues which meant I could justget on with the program, and that was the main goal for today.

"Performance-wise there's still a lot more to come, both fromthe car and the engine. The times today didn't really meananything, and although it's always nice to put in a quicker time,we've been doing pretty long runs all day and just working throughthe plan. Now I can't wait to get back in the car again andhopefully our reliability record so far will hold up."

Cedrik Staudohar, Track Support Leader, Renault Sport F1:"Another positive day and 98 laps for Marcus means we have managedto complete a lot more of the program we set for this test. Formost of the day we were focused on long runs, continuing to trydifferent Power Unit maps that are helping us improve thedriveability of the package, something that is of criticalimportance with the increased torque we have this year. It is alsogood to have that much mileage with Marcus after the limitedrunning we had with him in Jerez. Tomorrow we will continue toincrease the performance output of the Power Unit and aim for asimilar number of laps as we achieved today."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/t02-bahrain-day-three-report#oMFUAURogt3xAt0U.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 22-2-2014 11:34 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Sat 22 Feb, 2014

Driver: Marcus Ericsson, car #9 (am), Kamui Kobayashi, car #10(pm)

Total laps: Ericsson - 4 / Kobayashi - 17

Total T02 laps: 253 (day one 68, day two 66, day three 98, dayfour 21 (4/17) - 1,369.236 kms

Marcus Ericsson: "It's clearly not ideal that Icouldn't run more today, but overall I'm pretty happy with how thefirst Bahrain test has ended. I did nearly 100 laps yesterday andthat was really important, giving me time in the car to get used tothe systems and start working properly on the tyres. We have a fewdays now to prepare for the third test and I can't wait to get backin the car."

Kamui Kobayashi: "The team worked very hard to fixthe electrical issue that cut my teammate's run short this morningand it was good to get out for the last hour. Obviously we couldn'tget too much done in the time left, but we tried a couple of thingsthat we'll look at tonight and be back for the final test next weekwhen we want to step up the performance levels before we head toAustralia."

Jody Egginton, Caterham F1 Team Deputy TechnicalDirector: "Overall this has been a positive test for us andRenault who have made good progress from where we were in Jerez.The multiple red flags throughout the four days hurt us and all theteams but we've run more laps than any of the other Renault poweredcars and have made substantial progress on understanding how tooperate the 2014 package, as well as completing significant longrun mileage that has given us a lot of useful data on the car,power unit and the 2014 tyres. It's obviously disappointing that wehad limited running today due to an electrical issue with the PowerUnit but we worked hard throughout the day to rectify that problemwith Renault and add more mileage for the last hour, so it wasn't awasted day by any means.

"Pace-wise, Kamui's time on day two was the first time westarted really pushing overall performance and we know there is alot more to come, from the Power Unit and the car in general, so wehave plenty of reasons to be positive ahead of the final test herein Bahrain. Now we have a short break before T03 but the workcontinues, here in Bahrain and back at Leafield and we're lookingforward to another successful final test here starting onThursday."

Cedrik Staudohar, Track Support Leader, Renault SportF1: "We can be reasonably pleased with how the first Bahraintest has gone for us and Caterham F1 Team. An enormous effort hasbeen made by everyone at Viry and here on track to rectify theproblems we encountered in Jerez and the mileage Caterham has beenable to accumulate here shows we have made significant progress.Although the electrical issue today cost us some track time overallwe have a lot more information about the electrical system, whichwe will build on in the next test. For the third test we will beincreasing the Power Unit performance levels and are confident thatwith the improved reliability we have seen over the last four dayswe will be able to achieve the targets we have set for us and theteam before we go to Melbourne."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2014/t02-bahrain-day-four-report#giUHKQbidLpCCPuH.99

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

所属分类: 爱车专区

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

版权所有 © 1996-2023 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd (483575-W)|IPSERVERONE 提供云主机|广告刊登|关于我们|私隐权|免控|投诉|联络|脸书|佳礼资讯网

GMT+8, 22-5-2024 12:49 AM , Processed in 0.071802 second(s), 24 queries , Gzip On.