找回密码
 注册

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主: maocheng

Caterham F1 Era End

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 23-9-2013 12:29 AM | 显示全部楼层
SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX

Marina Bay Street Circuit, Singapore - 23rd September 2013  

Singapore Grand Prix - Sunday 22nd September 2013

Caterham F1 Team Partner Information
                                                GE Security secures the Eiffel Tower and the Statue of Liberty

Weather
                                                Race: Dry; air temp 29° / track temp 31° (start), 29° / 30° (lap 30), 29° / 29° (lap 61)

Runplan

Charles Pic
                                                Start on supersoft tyres
                                                Lap 11: pitstop 1, medium tyres
                                                Lap 25: pitstop 2, medium tyres
                                                Lap 54: pitstop 3, option tyres
                                                Finished: 19th
                                                Fastest lap: 1.52.472 (lap 44)

Giedo van der Garde
                                                Start on supersoft tyres
                                                Lap 13: pitstop 1, medium tyres
                                                Lap 26: pitstop 2, medium tyres
                                                Lap 42: pitstop 3, medium tyres
                                                Finished 16th
                                                Fastest lap: 1.50.990 (lap 58)

Driver Quotes

Charles Pic, car 20, chassis CT03-#6: “Even though I finished 19th I’m not too disappointed. We tried a two-stop strategy but this time it didn’t work out – sometimes plans like that work, sometimes they don’t and this was one of those days.

“Away from the line I had a pretty good start but had to move aside to avoid Bianchi and was then stuck behind him for most of the first stint. Just before we were due to box I passed him and opened up a gap within a couple of laps so the first stop wasn’t so much of a fight. I was back out on track on a new set of mediums, clear of him and immediately started pushing on to my teammate.

“When the safety car came out I boxed early, rejoining in 19th on another set of mediums and right up with Giedo after his stop. The car felt ok at that point – the tyres were performing really well and when Giedo came in again we made the call to switch to a two stop strategy. I had a lot of laps left so I had to manage the pace so I could look after the tyres to the end but with six laps left the rears were gone so we had to come in again. My race was effectively over at that point because, even with the big pace advantage I had on the supersofts we used in the final stint I didn’t have enough laps to catch the cars ahead.”

Giedo van der Garde, car 21, chassis CT03-#4: “That was a tough race but for me a really good one - I have to say I really enjoyed myself out there tonight! Fighting with the Williams for most of the race was great, really good and I’m pleased for Tony and Kamarudin that we could put in a performance like that back in South East Asia.

“After a bit of a poor start I was past Charles, Bianchi and Bottas by the end of lap one and was up behind Sutil until the first stop. The car was absolutely great on the supersofts - my pace in the first stint was really strong, the same as the cars up to 12th and it just felt great for the whole first stint. We boxed for a set of mediums on lap 12 and rejoined in 18th, still ahead of Bottas who was on supersofts for the second stint. With the pace advantage that compound has here there wasn’t a lot I could do to hold him off and he passed me about three laps later.

“When the safety car came out we boxed for another set of mediums and after the race restarted my pace was good again. I was right up with Bottas and then passed him again when he went off a couple of laps into the stint. As the fuel levels dropped he got past me again so we focused on catching Charles who had stayed out on a two-stop plan. With a long final stint he was managing his tyres and I was catching him at about two seconds a lap, and just before he had to make the final stop I passed him and then held 16th to the flag.

“As I say, it’s good to have had a strong race here and I’m pleased for the whole team that we could fight with Williams for a lot of the race. I’m now staying out in the Far East for a break before Korea and even though tonight’s race was tough physically I’m already looking forward to getting back in the car.”

回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 30-9-2013 09:32 PM | 显示全部楼层
  •                                     News                    
                        Korean Grand PrixView

• Added: Mon 30 Sep, 2013

[url=]Share[/url]        [url=]Tweet[/url]        [url=]Share[/url]        [url=][/url]        [url=]Share[/url]

General
Race Laps: 55
Straight line speed is important
Track is very dusty with low grip in FP1 which increases fronttyre graining
The pit lane is also very slippery - in 2012 drainage wasimproved in the pitlane
Track grip evolution starts from the first minutes of FP1
The front right tyre is often suffers most wear overall
The circuit is also hard on the rear tyres, particularly throughT10-T17
Bumpy through the high speed section T7-T8
Riding the kerbs riding is not a priority
There are three high power braking events but in general thecircuit has low brake cooling demands
Wind direction has a significant effect on top speed

2012 Weather
Air/Track temp (C): 21 / 28
Pitlane altitude (m): 0
ATM Press (HPA): 1016
Hum (%): 34
Wind (kph): NNW6.4

2012 Timing
Qualifying
P1: WEB 1:37.242 Q3
P2: VET 1:37.316 Q3
P3: HAM 1:37.469 Q3
CF1T best: P19 PET 1:40.207 Q1

Race
P1: VET (1:42.499 L55)
P2: WEB (1:42.037 L54)
P3: ALO (1:42.442 L52)
CF1T best: P16 KOV (1:45.013 L50)

Circuit Particularity
Bumpiness: T7 and T8
Overtaking chance: T3
Kerbs: medium
Ride height setting particularity: none, car can run low at thefront
Engine severity:
Gearbox severity: low
Lat/Long grip: lateral
Aero eff ratio: medium / low
Safety car history: 2012 - none, 2011 - one (16 - 19), 2010 - 4(1-3, 4 - 17, 20 - 23, 31 - 34)
Track grip evo during w/e: medium
Aero settings: high
Brake wear severity: low
Brake cooling necessity: medium / low

Giedo van der Garde: "Korea next and another track I haveexperience of from last year. Our week starts with a Renault SportF1 event in Seoul and then it'll be straight down to Mokpo for therace weekend. I haven't had the chance to visit Seoul before buteveryone tells me it's a seriously cool city so I'll make sure Iget the chance to take a look around before work starts!

"Korea's another track where I ran in FP1 in 2012, completing 19laps which was enough to find my way around and be able to startpushing. Even though the tyres are different this year, thatexperience, as I had quite a few tracks last year, is particularlyvaluable now as it means I'm on it right from the start of FP1 andevery lap counts in getting the setup right for the weekend.

"From inside the cockpit the Korea track is a pretty typicalmodern F1 circuit. There's the long straight out of T2 where youneed good straight-line speed and then it's a bit stop / startthrough turns three, four, five and six, and then you're into thehigh speed section up to the heavy braking zone at turn 10. It'spretty bumpy through that whole section and in the early stages ofFP1 there's little grip around the whole track, but it quicklybuilds up over the weekend so you can start really pushing throughthere from quite early on.

"If it rains this year then it'll definitely be very interesting- our car likes the wet and two of my highlights this year havebeen on tracks where it's been going from wet to dry, so it wouldbe good if we could have some more unpredictable weather (eventhough the boys doing the pack up on Sunday probably wouldn't agreewith me on that!)"

Charles Pic: "Before we go to Mokpo Giedo and I are helping outRenault Sport F1 at the finals of the Renault Samsung Motors remotecontrol racing car championships in Seoul. I've seen some of themracing on YouTube and it's so quick! I think the scaled-upequivalent is around 600mph and, honestly, I'm not too sure howthey keep up! That'll be a good start to the week and then we'regoing to Mokpo on Wednesday to begin the normal race weekpreparations.

"Last year was my first race in Korea and I quite enjoyed it.This year it's obviously a different package and as it's quite atechnical circuit it'll be important to make the most of all threepractice sessions to give us the best shot at quali and the race.In Singapore I didn't really have a car balance I was happy withall weekend and I want to make that's not the same in Korea,especially as if it rains on Sunday it's likely there will besafety cars and we need to make sure we can seize any opportunitiesthat come our way.

"After Korea it's straight on to Japan for one of the classicraces. I'm already excited about getting back to Suzuka, but fornow my focus is 100% on Korea and doing the best job possible overthe whole weekend."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2013/korean-grand-prixview#GFPL8TPgkfg8MUDP.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 4-10-2013 09:15 PM | 显示全部楼层
                        Friday at Yeongam               

• Added: Fri 4 Oct, 2013

[url=]Share[/url]        [url=]Tweet[/url]        [url=]Share[/url]        [url=][/url]        [url=]Share[/url]

CNN International is distributed on every available broadcast anddigital platform in South Korea.

Weather
FP1: Dry, sunny; min / max track temp 28° - 30°, air temp 20°- 23°
FP2: Dry, sunny; min / max track temp 34° - 36°, air temp24°

Fastest laps / positions:
FP1: PIC 1.43.660, 19th / VDG1.43.883, 20th
FP2: VDG 1.42.461, 19th / PIC 1.42.798,20th

Total laps:
FP1: PIC 20 / VDG 19
FP2: VDG 36  / PIC 35

Runplan

Charles Pic, car #20, chassis CT03-06

FP1
1002 - 1005: Run 1, installation lap, 1 lap (medium tyres)
Changes: front / rear brake duct blanking
1036 - 1049: Run 2, 7 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: front wing flap angle, rear camber, front brake ductblanking
1102 - 1114: Run 3, 6 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: front wing flap angle, rear ride height
1122 - 1133: Run 4, 6 laps (medium tyres)

FP2
1403 - 1418: Run 1, 8 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: front / rear ride height, front toe
1432 - 1442: Run 2, 5 laps (supersoft tyres)
Changes: front wing flap angle, rear brake duct blanking
1451 - 1516: Run 3, 13 laps (medium tyres)
Pitstop
1516 - 1532: Run 4, 9 laps (supersoft tyres)

Giedo van der Garde, car #21, chassisCT03-04

FP1
1001 - 1004: Run 1, installation lap, 1 lap (medium tyres)
Changes: n/a
1035 - 1049: Run 2, 7 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: front wing flap angle, front toe, brake balance
1103 - 1116 Run 3, 7 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: front wing flap angle
1123 - 1132: Run 4, 4 laps (medium tyres)

FP2
1402 - 1415: Run 1, 7 laps (medium tyres)
1430 - 1440: Run 2, 5 laps (supersoft tyres)
Changes: front wing flap angle, front / rear brake ductblanking
1448 - 1518: Run 3, 16 laps (supersoft tyres)
Pitstop
1518 - 1533: Run 4, 8 laps (medium tyres)

Driver quotes

Charles Pic: "FP1 wasok for me. The track was obviously very green to start off with,and one of the first things I noticed was how bumpy the new pitlaneexit is, but in general the car felt pretty good from the firstfull run. To begin with there was a bit too much front end in thehigh speed corners, especially through turns seven and eight, butit felt good in the low speed turns.

"For the next run we changed the rearcamber and took off a bit of front wing and it definitely felt abit better in the high speed turns, but overall there was a drop inrear grip and there was more rear locking, especially in the firstsector. For the final run we made a change ot the rear ride heightand it felt like it had improved the overall stability, especiallyin the last sector.

"Between FP1 and FP2 we made quite a few changes to the car andon my first run the rear stability had improved a bit from themorning session, as had the aero blance. Against that the tractionwasn't great and in the very low speed turns the car was a bitsharp, mainly on entry and mid-corner, so we changed the rideheight and front toe for the first run on options.

"On the performance run the supersoftsstarted going off before the end of the first lap. The car balancewas ok until the degradation started but after that it wasundersteering everywhere so we'll have to look at how we managethat tonight. I switched back to the mediums for the first stint ofthe long run but had to cut that a bit short after flatspotting thetyres in a small off. The deg levels until that point had beenpretty good and that gives us decent options for Sunday, if it'sdry!"

Giedo van der Garde:"Overall I think that as a better Friday than we've had for awhile. I drove FP1 here in Korea last year so the track wasn't newto me and that's obviously an advantage when every lap countstowards maximising performance in FP1 and FP2 and it paid offtoday, even though I know I didn't get everything out of myquickest lap on the supersofts in FP2.

"In the first session, initially the car balance wasn't great. Ihad a bit of oversteer on entry into the high and low speed cornersand we had some traction issues that meant I couldn't really pushso we changed front toe and dropped the front wing a bit for thethird run. Grip levels were obviously improving fast but thechanges had pushed the car from oversteer to understeer,particularly in the medium and high-speed corners so for the lastFP1 run we added back some more front wing and dropped the rearride height a bit and by the end of the session we'd made somepositive progress.

"In FP2 we started with a car that felt a lot better. I wasimmediately able to push and even though it was a bit on the edgein the slow speed corners, but generally the changes we made overlunch had worked well - basically it meant I could point the carwhere I want it and carry speed through the corners. We went ontothe supersofts for the second run and found we had a bit too muchundersteer - that didn't help me put a clean lap together and Imade a mistake in the final sector so I know I can find more timetomorrow on the options.

"We followed the usual Friday plan and I stayed on options forthe first long run. They held up well but I was blocked about 16laps into the long run and had to slow down, letting the tyrescool. Instead of trying to bring them back up to temperature weboxed and I finished the session on a set of mediums which werealso performing well right to the flag."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2013/korean-gp-fp1-fp2#ROcC1tmLuxq7VcSt.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 5-10-2013 09:10 PM | 显示全部楼层

News                    
                    Saturday at Yeongam               

• Added: Sat 5 Oct, 2013

[url=]Share[/url]        [url=]Tweet[/url]        [url=]Share[/url]        [url=][/url]        [url=]Share[/url]

Caterham F1 Team Partner information
12 out of 15 of the highest traffic websites in the world arepowered by Dell

Weather
FP3: dry, sunny; min / max track temp 35°, air temp 22° - 25°
Q1: dry, hazy; min / max track temp 33° - 34°, air temp 25°

FP3: PIC 1.41.360, 19th / VDG1.41.614, 20th
Q1: PIC 1.40.864, 19th / VDG 1.40.871,20th

Total laps:
FP3: PIC 19 / VDG 20
Q1: PIC 6 / VDG 6

Runplan

FP3
1102 - 1116: Run 1, 7 laps (medium tyres)
1124 - 1138: Run 2, 7 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: rear camber
1153 - 1202: Run 3, 5 laps (supersoft tyres)

Q1
1406 - 1413: Run 1, 3 laps (supersoft tyres)
1417 - 1424: Run 2, 3 laps (supersoft tyres)

Giedo van der Garde, car #21, chassis CT03-04

FP3
1103 - 1118: Run 1, 8 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: brake balance
1126 - 1139: Run 2, 7 laps (medium tyres)
1152 - 1203: Run 3, 5 laps (supersoft tyres)

Q1
1406 - 1413: Run 1, 3 laps (supersoft tyres)
1416 - 1423: Run 2, 3 laps (supersoft tyres)

Driver quotes

Charles Pic: "We made some changes to the carovernight and the balance was better in FP3. At the start the carfelt quite similar to FP1 - it was very much on the nose and itfelt like we'd gone a bit too far forward on the aero balance,particularly in the medium and high speed corners so we changed thefront wing flap angle for run two but it didn't really improve toomuch. The change increased understeer but didn't improve the car'sstability so we made another mechanical change for the performancerun and it immediately felt like the balance was better,particularly in the medium speed corners. We still had a bit ofwork to do before qualifying on improving the rear stability so wedid that over lunch and started quali with a car that felt prettywell balanced.

"In quali we went for two runs on the supersofts, going outquite late into the session. The first run was ok but there wasdefinitely time to be found which I managed to do on the secondrun, finishing up 19th and again clear of our nearestcompetitors. I did have a bit of traffic on the fast lap but evenwith that we wouldn't have been able to push the cars ahead toomuch so we start tomorrow about where we expected and with the carnow feeling much better than Friday I'm looking forward to therace."

Giedo van der Garde: "Friday had gone pretty wellfor us and the car felt similar on Saturday. We'd made a fewchanges overnight and had maybe introduced a bit too much oversteerat the start of FP3, particularly in sector two, but overall itfelt ok. We didn't make any big changes for run two as I was prettyhappy with the car and then went onto the supersofts for the normalperformance run at the end of the session and it was still ok. Imade a bit of a mistake with the DRS in sector three on my fastestlap but I went into quali feeling positive.

"Quali was really close! The first run in Q1 was ok but weclearly had some time to make up - not enough to fight the Williamsbut definitely enough to put us back ahead of Bianchi and Chilton.In the end sector one wasn't as clean as we'd hoped for but theother two sectors were good and it was a very tight fight with myteammate. This time he just came out on top so we'll start the racebehind the Williams cars - the aim is obviously to repeat what wedid in Singapore and fight them as much as we can. We've shownrecently that we have the race pace to do that so let's see whathappens tomorrow."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2013/korean-gp-qualifying#fX5qOmMZtvpgbsHb.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 6-10-2013 10:23 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Sun 6 Oct, 2013

[url=]Share[/url]        [url=]Tweet[/url]        [url=]Share[/url]        [url=][/url]        [url=]Share[/url]

GE is ranked as the world's third biggest public company (Forbes2012) with an annual turnover of US$140 billion

Weather
Race: Dry, overcast / sunshine;  air temp 27° / tracktemp 30° (start), 27° / 29° (lap 27), 27° / 28° (lap 55)

Runplan

Charles Pic
Start on supersoft tyres
Lap 9: pitstop 1, medium tyres
Lap 30: pitstop 2, medium tyres
Finished: 14th

Giedo van der Garde
Start on supersoft tyres
Lap 10: drive through penalty
Lap 11: pitstop 1, medium tyres
Lap 30: pitstop 2, medium tyres
Finished: 15th

Driver Quotes

Charles Pic, car 20, chassisCT03-#6: "That was a good race for me I had a good,clean start but into turn three I had to go off track to avoidMassa who'd spun and lost a couple of places. I made them up andfor both the first and second stints the car balance felt good.

"We'd started on supersofts and they held up well for the firststint so we pitted on schedule and rejoined on a set of newmediums. As I say, the car balance felt good and I was on plan whenthe first safety car came out so we boxed right away for the secondstop and at that stage we were looking at a long final stint to theflag. However, then the second safety car was brought out almostimmediately and that obviously helped with the tyre management forthe final stint. I did have some issues with the front right forthe last few laps but nothing too bad so I got the car to the flagin 14th which is a decent result for us - not quitewhere we want to be but almost!"

Giedo van der Garde, car 21, chassis CT03-#4:"My start was great, really strong and when everyone was moving toavoid Massa in turn three I had to push out wide to avoid contactwith a few cars around me. I really don't think I'd pushed anyother cars out on purpose on lap one but I was told to box for adrive through penalty because of what the stewards saw and fromthere my race was pretty much over. I served the penalty and thenhad to box again immediately as the supersofts I'd started on weredone, so even though I was up as high as 12th in thefirst stint I rejoined in 22nd and set about catchingup Chilton and Bianchi.

"I was up close to Chilton just when the safety car came out andthe team did a great job to help me get past him with a reallyquick stop on the first safety car lap. That sort of teamwork needsto be mentioned as it plays such a critical role in the overallrace, so the boys deserve a thank you for that.

"The second safety car came out almost immediately when Mark'scar caught fire and then when we restarted I had a bit of a lock upat the end of the main straight and Bianchi got past, but within acouple more laps I regained the place and was back behind Charlesin 17th. I had a flatspot from that point in the racebut kept pushing and finally finished in 15th, justbehind Charles. Without the drive through I'm sure I could havefinished higher, maybe not up in 13th, but close andwhile that's obviously frustrating today, it shows how close it'sgetting and that's good for my motivation and the whole team."

Read more at http://caterhamf1.com/news/2013/korean-grand-prix#AkwP1OmVXC0ChDR4.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 8-10-2013 09:10 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Tue 8 Oct, 2013

General
Race Laps: 53

2012 Weather
Air/Track temp ( C): 25 / 37
Pitlane altitude (m): 43
ATM Press (HPA): 1012
Hum (%): 43
Wind (kph): NNE 12.7

Circuit overview
Very high percentage of medium & high speed corners
Very lateral track. Highest tyre energy track of the season
Riding kerbs well is not a priority
In 2012 the West Course (from midway through turn 7 until afterthe chicane) was resurfaced with new storm water drainage systemsinstalled
The 2012 resurfacing appears to have made Suzuka a smoothertrack, in terms of macro roughness
Lots of altitude changes and very narrow track making overtakingdifficult
Very easy on brakes
Low front ride height possible (track very smooth)
Wind usually changing between Friday and Sunday (three years ina row wind direction has changed 180°)
Particular focus on car balance for maximum speed in S1 and S2high speed section
First gear not used on track

2012 Timing

Qualifying
P1: VET 1:30.839 Q3
P2: WEB 1:31.090 Q3
P3: BUT 1:31.290 Q3
CF1T best: P19 KOV 1:34.657 Q1

Race
P1: VET (1:35.774 L52)
P2: MAS (1:36.894 L50)
P3: KOB (1:36.679 L52)
CF1T best: P15 KOV (1:38.043 L52)

Circuit Particularity
Bumpiness: low
Overtaking chance: low
Kerbs: smooth
Ride height setting particularity: low
Engine severity: high
Gearbox severity: low
Aero eff ratio: very high
Safety car history: 2012 - 1 (1 - 2), 2011 - 1 (24 - 27), 2010 -1 (1-6)
Track grip evo during w/e: very high
Aero settings: medium / high
Brake wear severity: very low
Brake cooling necessity: low

Driver Quotes

Charles Pic: "We go straight to Japan after the Korean race andto one of the best Grands Prix of the whole year. Suzuka is aspecial place, one of the best circuits of the year and one wherethe support from the Japanese fans is, honestly, amazing. Last yearwas obviously my first F1 race in Japan and I'd been told by lotsof people that it would be one of the highlights of the season, andthey weren't wrong.

"The track itself is up there with Spa, Monaco and, for me,Nurburgring, as one of my favourites, particularly through thefirst sector which is very quick and where you need to be fast,smooth and precise to maximise your laptime. Into sector two andthere's an overtaking opportunity into the hairpin, and then Spoonand 130R are two of the most famous corners in F1. To be honest,130R is probably not the challenge it used to be as it's prettyeasily flat, but when you go into there early in the race with carsall around you it's still very quick.

"But it's not just the track that makes the Japanese Grand Prixso special - it's really the fans that make it such a great race.From the moment we arrive on Thursday morning until late after therace on Sunday night, the grandstands are all full. It wasincredible last year to see the fans several hours after the racewatching the rerun of the whole Grand Prix, and they were stillcheering like it was going on live. They are some of the mostpassionate, knowledgeable fans anywhere in the world and they helpmake the whole event very special."

Giedo van der Garde: "This will be my first full Grand Prix inJapan but not my first time on track at Suzuka after I did 22 lapsin FP1 last year. I have to say I'm pretty excited about gettingback to Suzuka, and Japan in general as it was a place I reallyenjoyed in 2012. Last year I didn't have a chance to go to Tokyoand I promised myself I'd see the capital city this year so myphysio Carlos and I are heading there straight from Korea for acouple of days before we take the Bullet Train down to Suzuka.

"On track it's clearly one of the best challenges we have allyear. It's a proper drivers' circuit with more medium and highspeed corners than most modern tracks, and you need to be a bitbrave to really attack around the whole lap. Before we went toKorea I did a couple of sessions in the simulator around Suzuka soI have a good idea of how the 2013 car will compare to the 2012 carand that'll mean we can go straight to work on track on Fridaywhich is obviously important in helping get the setup right for theweekend.

"After a pretty tough Korean race I want to get straight back towork and the good thing about back to backs is you can do justthat. I know I keep improving, just as I've said all season I will,and I keep learning and there's probably no better F1 track in theworld to really push yourself than Suzuka, so let's see what itbrings."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2013/japanese-grand-prixview-2013#mFBw6IQkKDSokBb6.99

回复

使用道具 举报

Follow Us
 楼主| 发表于 11-10-2013 09:16 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Fri 11 Oct, 2013

Japanese Grand Prix - FP1 & FP2 session reports

Japan was the first country to have international distribution ofCNN back in 1982 and it now has its own CNN branded networkCNNJ

Weather
FP1: Dry, sunny; min / max track temp 36° - 41°, air temp28°
FP2: Dry, sunny; min / max track temp 41° (start) - 39° (end), airtemp 29°

FP1: VDG 1.38.025, 21st / KOV1.37.595, 19th
FP2: PIC 1.37.630, 19th / VDG 1.37.905,20th

Total laps:
FP1: KOV 22 / VDG 15
FP2: PIC 31  / VDG 36

Runplan

Heikki Kovalainen, car #20, chassis CT03-06

FP1
1002 - 1006: Run 1, installation lap, 1 lap (hard tyres)
1029 - 1043: Run 2, 7 laps (hard tyres)
1049 - 1106: Run 3, 7 laps (hard tyres)
Changes: front wing flap angle, front / rear ride height
1119 - 1133: Run 4, 7 laps (hard tyres)

FP2
1404 - 1418: Run 1, 7 laps (hard tyres)
1426 - 1440: Run 2, 7 laps (hard tyres)
1448 - 1500: Run 3, 6 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: front / rear brake duct blanking, rear anti-rollbar
1509 - 1531: Run 4, 11 laps (medium tyres)

FP1
1002 - 1006: Run 1, installation lap, 1 lap (hard tyres)
1028 - 1042: Run 2, 7 laps (hard tyres)
1055 - 1108: Run 3, 5 laps (hard tyres)
Off at turn nine ending session

FP2
1405 - 1419: Run 1, 7 laps (hard tyres)
Changes:  front wing flap angle, front / rear rideheight
1429 - 1440: Run 2, 6 laps (medium tyres)
1451 - 1528: Run 3, 20 laps (hard tyres)
Pitstop
1528 - 1533: Run 4, 3 laps (medium tyres)

Driver quotes

Heikki Kovalainen: "It was good tobe back in the car, especially at Suzuka which, for me, is the bestcircuit in the world. We ran through a pretty standard FP1 sessionand from the first laps the car felt ok with the overall balanceslightly improved from the last time I drove it in Monza. Inparticular the steering felt very responsive, even better than thelast time I drove and that gives good confidence to attack and keepcontrol through the corners.

"Early in the session the braking stability was OK, only in thelast corner was there a slight issue as the tyres got hottertowards the end of the lap. It felt a bit nervous in T6/7 but theopposite was true in T13/14 where it was pretty stable. We did havean issue with low-speed traction so we worked on that for runtwo.

"On the second run the rear didn't feel as good in the highspeedsection, especially in the first sector on the first quick lap.However, we'd improved braking stability and the rear tyre deg wasok - it actually improved during the run and it'll be interestingto see if that continues on the long runs.

"On the final run the tyres had started to give up so truecomparisons with the first two runs were always going to bedifficult. We tried a different rear wing setting and the balancehad shifted to more oversteer, but overall it felt positive,especially as the track grip levels keep improving, so I finishedthe session happy with the job I'd done and with the progress we'dmade on Friday morning. "

Charles Pic: "I was back in the car for FP2 andwe went straight to work on a set of hard tyres at the start of thesession. At first the car felt a bit too sharp on turn-in and inthe high speed section there was a bit too much understeer, so weadded a bit of front wing for the next run. That improved thebalance a little but it still wasn't great. It was the same on theoptions but for the long run we changed the rear anti-roll bar andit felt better, we were definitely going in the right direction butit still wasn't quite enough. On entry it felt more calm and we'dreduced some of the mid-corner understeer but over the course ofthe final run it was pretty clear we also needed to look at theratios for Saturday. Overall not too bad but I think there's quitea bit more to come for tomorrow."

Giedo van der Garde: "FP1 started off ok. Thecar balance wasn't too bad but as the tyres started going off itwas oversteering more than I'd like and it felt like we needed toadd more wing to control that, mainly in the low-speed sections,especially with the lower downforce setup we started with. It waspretty good in the high-speeds but we added a bit more wing for runtwo and initially it was a bit better. We'd switched to the secondof the aero configurations we were trying in the session andunfortunately it didn't go to plan as I went off in turn ninetowards the end of the run - that was FP1 over, but we had 15 lapson the board by then so it didn't compromise us too much.

"At the start of FP2 the car balance was better after we'd madethe changes over lunch but I was still struggling with understeerin sector one and oversteer at the end of sector two, and lesstraction than I'd like in turns 11 and 17. For the run on optionswe added more front wing but I couldn't put a really quick laptogether. We finished with the usual long run, starting on hardsand they held up well over the 20 lap run we did before boxing justbefore the end of the session. To be honest, it didn't feel likethere was a lot of difference between the hards and the mediums butwe'll look at the data from both cars tonight and see where we canmake progress tomorrow. Overall it was a bit of a frustrating day,but I know there's more potential in the car so I'm as positive asever and we'll come back fighting tomorrow."

Read more at http://caterhamf1.com/news/2013/japanese-gp-fp1-fp2#MFTmeRPtAe44MjgK.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 12-10-2013 02:45 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Sat 12 Oct, 2013

Globally GE is at work moving, powering, building, curing. Withover 40,000 engineers and scientists, filing over 20,000 patents inthe last decade alone.

Weather
FP3: dry, sunny; min / max track temp 37° (start) - 34°(end), air temp 25° (start) - 24° (end)
Q1: dry, sunny; min / max track temp 36°(start) - 35° (end), airtemp 24°

FP3: VDG 1.35.473, 19th / PIC 1.35.518,20th
Q1: PIC 1.34.556, 20th / VDG 1.34.879,21st

Total laps:
FP3: VDG 20 / PIC 18
Q1: PIC 9 / VDG 9

Runplan

FP3
1105 - 1116: Run 1, 6 laps (hard tyres)
Changes: rear brake duct blanking
1128 - 1142: Run 2, 7 laps (hard tyres)
1153 - 1202: Run 3, 5 laps (medium tyres)

Q1
1402 - 1413: Run 1, 5 laps (medium tyres)
1416 - 1418: Run 2, 1 lap (medium tyres)
(out and straight in due to session being red flagged)
1422 - 1429: Run 3, 3 laps (medium tyres)

FP3
1106 - 1121: Run 1, 8 laps (hard tyres)
Changes: rear brake duct blanking
1131 - 1144: Run 2, 7 laps (hard tyres)
1152 - 1202: Run 3, 5 laps (medium tyres)

Q1
1403 - 1412: Run 1, 5 laps (medium tyres)
1416 - 1418: Run 2, 1 lap (medium tyres)
(out and straight in due to session being red flagged)
1422 - 1430: Run 3, 3 laps (medium tyres)

Driver quotes

Charles Pic: "FP3 started with a car that wasbetter balanced from Friday, especially in sector one. However, thetraction wasn't as good but to avoid compromising the aero balancewe'd found we worked on the diff and brake balance for run two andit made a small improvement. We stuck to the normal plan and did asecond run on the primes and then onto the options, with a bit morefront wing for the performance run but I couldn't feel a big gainin grip on the mediums today, unlike Friday. The car wasundersteering more, particularly in the high speed sections so wemade another couple of changes before quali to deal with that.

"On my first run in qualifying we went out on mediums for threetimed laps and the car immediately felt better. We'd made some morechanges over lunch and the balance had improved a lot. Run one wasok but with more time to come we opted for a second one lap run atthe end of the session. Just as we exited the pit the red flagscame out so we came straight back, but had enough time for one morelap. Unfortunately, with the time left in the session when itrestarted, we didn't have enough of a gap on track so even though Iwas 4/10ths up on the last quick lap, I came up behind another carand couldn't improve my time which is obviously a shame.

Giedo van der Garde: "We started FP3 with a prettygood balance. I was struggling a bit with entry into turns 11 and16 and there was a bit of understeer as the tyre wear increased,but not too much to be a concern. For the performance run we made afinal change to the ride height and front wing to try and improvethe car's behaviour on entry and it seemed to work a bit. The carbalance had improved but we still needed to improve its behaviourin entry to the corners in the low speed turns, so we did that overlunch in preparation for Q1.

"We started quali with a three timed lap run on the medium tyresand I couldn't really find any real pace. The track was very busyand there wasn't much clear space, but the car had been quickest onthe first lap so we went for one timed lap on run two. Just when Iwent out the red flags came out at the same time so I had to comeback in and that meant we were always going to struggle to get thebest out of the tyres when the session was restarted. As soon as itbegan again we went straight out but the tyres had gone so Icouldn't get everything out of it. Still, there's a few penaltieswhich will mean we'll begin the race higher up and with anotherstart tomorrow like I've had recently I'm sure we can be back wherewe want to be on race day."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2013/japanese-gp-qualifying#fW7MbSTKxlKJ09JM.99

回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 13-10-2013 04:38 PM | 显示全部楼层
                                                                                        2013 JAPANESE GRAND PRIX

Suzuka, Japan - 13th October 2013  

Caterham Moto Racing Team was unveiled today at Sepang Circuit, contesting Moto2 on Caterham-Suter chassis with Josh Herrin confirmed as the first rider caterh.am/Moto2

Weather
                                                Race: Dry, sunny, air temp 24° / track temp 35° (start), 24° / 34° (lap 26), 23° / 30° (lap 53)

Runplan
                                                Charles Pic
                                                Start on hard tyres
                                                Lap1: drive-through penalty
                                                Lap 17: pitstop 1, medium tyres
                                                Lap 35: pitstop 2, hard tyres
                                                Finished: 18th  

Giedo van der Garde
                                                Start on medium tyres
                                                Contact in turn one ends race
                                                DNF

Team Quotes

Charles Pic, car 20, chassis CT03-#6: “I had a good start but we’d already decided to serve the drive-through penalty at the end of lap one to get it out of the way and I was playing catch up from there. My target from there was to pass Chilton and I finished almost 20 seconds clear of him so that’s about as much as we could have hoped for today.

“I was on a set of hards for the first stint and they held up ok, they felt pretty good and I was given the all-clear to push quite early on so aimed to cut the gap as much as I could. We stopped for the first time on lap 17 and did the second stint on new options and my pace was good on them, right up until the second stop on lap 35.

“The final stint was on another set of hards and I came out around 11 seconds behind the Marussia so pushed as hard as I could and had the gap down to eight seconds with 11 laps left. I was gaining on him at about a second a lap and with five laps left I got him and pulled away, finally finishing 18th. I have to say I’m pretty happy about that, bearing in mind the time I lost on the first lap but I just kept pushing. I think it’s a fair result today for the work the whole team put in, and one that shows we never stop fighting.”

Giedo van der Garde, car 21, chassis CT03-#4: “My start was ok but going into turn one I was squeezed between both the Marussia cars and had nowhere to go. I lost my front wing in contact with Bianchi and then the car went straight off and into the wall. It was quite a heavy impact but I’m ok. Obviously that’s disappointing, but it was a racing incident and sometimes these things happen so now we’ll move on to India and push for a better weekend there and for the rest of the season.”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 17-10-2013 09:00 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Thu 17 Oct, 2013

Indian Grand Prix View

General
Race Laps: 60
Lateral and longitudinal forces are equally distributed throughoutthe lap
In 2012 improved track sweeping equipment was introduced to ensurethe track surface is cleaner than 2011
The inner pit lane surface was also sealed to minimize theaccumulation of dust
Track evolution is very high on Friday
In 2012 tyre degradation was low with the deg being mainlythermal

2012 Weather
Air/Track temp ( C): 29 / 38
Pitlane altitude (m): 213
ATM Press (HPA): 990.5
Hum (%): 24
Wind (kph): S 6.5

2012 Timing
Qualifying
P1: VET (1:25.283 Q3)
P2: WEB (1:25.327 Q3)
P3: HAM (1:25.544 Q3)
CF1T best: P19 PET (1:28.756 Q1)

Race
P1: VET (1:28.723 L60)
P2: ALO (1:28.630 L60)
P3: WEB (1:29.029 L59)
CF1T best: P17 PET (1:31.163 L58)

Circuit Particularity
Overtaking chance: medium
Kerbs: low
Ride height setting particularity: none
Engine severity: medium / high
Gearbox severity: medium / high
Aero eff ratio: medium
Safety car history: 2011 - none, 2010 - none
Brake wear severity: high

Driver Quotes

Giedo van der Garde: "Korea and Japan were twoquite tough weeks with races that didn't go to plan for me so Iwant to get back to the performance levels that have been buildingup since Hungary at the next two races in India and Abu Dhabi.

"Japan obviously ended a whole lot earlier than planned andwe've looked at all the data from the first lap off I had after thecontact with Jules - when I hit the barrier the impact registeredaround 20g which is by quite a long way one of the biggestaccidents I've had in my career. It just shows how far F1 safetyhas come that I was out of the car and back in the team'shospitality unit within about 20 minutes and when I looked at theshots after the race I realised that it was, honestly, quite a lotof a bigger shunt than it had felt like in the car.

"So, on to India and another track I tried for the first timelast year in FP1. It's a proper drivers track, one that haselevation changes and a few really challenging corners and there'sa couple of overtaking opportunities, especially turn four at theend of the long straight. It's going to be hot and hotter trackconditions have suited us all year so the aim is to maintain thegap to our nearest competitors throughout the weekend and get backto fighting cars ahead on Sunday afternoon, putting ourselves in aposition to take advantage of anything that happens up ahead."

Charles Pic: "Next we're heading to India andthen Abu Dhabi straight after for the next back-to-back flyawaysthis season. It's a very tough schedule on everyone but, as weshowed on Sunday in Japan, we keep fighting and the whole team isfocused on grabbing any opportunity that comes our way.

"I raced for the first time in India last year and, like most ofthe drivers have said, it's a great track, one of the best of themodern era. I had a strong race there in 2012, particularly at thestart where I made up five places, so the aim is obviously to dothe same again in 2013 and keep pushing the teams ahead where wecan.

"The track itself is a good mix of a few quick bits, especiallyinto turn five and through ten and eleven for example, and a bitmore stop / start like turns one, two and three, but the main thingis to find a good rhythm around the whole lap to get the most outof the car, like Spa for example. As the track evolves so much overthe weekend you don't really find the quickest pace until quali andthen the race itself as the track is so dusty on Friday, and thenagain on Saturday morning. They did make some improvements lastyear to help manage that, including washing the track each evening,so hopefully it will be better again this year.

"With such a short amount of time in India I won't have a chanceto explore but that's something I'd like to do one day. We go to somany cool places but the race weekends are always busy and there'sno time to properly look around, but from what I saw last year,India's an amazing place and one I'd like to come back to one dayto really find out what it's all about."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2013/indian-grand-prix-view#u7ewYT4Tg9vrSHT6.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 25-10-2013 09:05 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Fri 25 Oct, 2013

Indian Grand Prix FP1 & FP2 report - Friday 25th October2013

India is one of only two countries worldwide (with China) outsidethe USA to have two CNN bureaux, in New Delhi and Mumbai

Weather
FP1: Hazy, dry; min / max track temp 27° - 39°, air temp 24° -28°
FP2: Hazy, dry; min / max track temp 39°(start) - 37° (end), airtemp 30°

FP1: VDG 1.29.413, 19th / PIC 1.30.026, 21st
FP2: VDG 1.28.692, 19th / PIC 1.29.366, 21st  

Total laps:
FP1: VDG 24 / PIC 23
FP2: VDG 39 / PIC 37

Runplan

FP1
1004 - 1007: Run 1, installation lap, 1 lap (medium tyres)
1035 - 1051: Run 2, 9 laps (medium tyres)
1058 - 1103: Run 3, 2 laps (medium tyres)
1108 - 1114: Run 4, 3 laps (medium tyres)
1118 - 1132: Run 5, 8 laps (medium tyres)

FP2
1400 - 1417: Run 1, 10 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: front wing flap angle, rear anti-roll bar
1421 - 1443: Run 2, 6 laps (soft tyres)
Changes:
1456 - 1528: Run 3, 20 laps (medium tyres)
Pitstop
1529 - 1531: Run 4, 1 lap (soft tyres)

Giedo van der Garde, car #21, chassis CT03-05

FP1
1005 - 1008: Run 1, installation lap, 1 lap (medium tyres)
Changes: front brake duct blanking
1036 - 1050: Run 2, 8 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: front brake duct blanking, front wing flap angle
1058 - 1108: Run 3, 5 laps (medium tyres)
1117 - 1133: Run 4, 10 laps (medium tyres)

FP2
1401 - 1417: Run 1, 9 laps (medium tyres)
1427 - 1442: Run 2, 7 laps (soft tyres)
1455 - 1527: Run 3, 20 laps (medium tyres)
Pitstop
1527 - 1532: Run 4, 3 laps (soft tyres)

Driver quotes

Charles Pic: "Everything was ok with the carafter the installation lap, track conditions weren't great to startwith but we expected that. After the usual checks were done we wentout for the first full run and the car was performing OK right fromthe start. There was a bit of understeer, especially in the highspeed turns and a bit less in the low-speed, but not really toobad.

"We had a small data logging issue at the start of run two andrun three so I came straight back in for the guys to fix it. Wedidn't lose too much time as it was sorted out quickly and we wereable to complete the program with a final eight lap run.

"Over the lunch break we made a couple of mechanical changes andthe car's straightline performance felt better but we still didn'thave enough front grip overall and needed to improve brakingstability to really start being able to push. Run two was on theoptions but they weren't really working at all. Honestly, it was abit strange as there really wasn't any grip on the softs - therewas less understeer in the low-speed turns, not in the medium orhighs, so we'll have to look at that tonight with the data toreally understand what's going on.

"For the last half hour of the session we went back onto themediums for the long run. The pace was ok and deg levels weren'ttoo bad, but as the options hadn't performed well on run two so weran most of the rest of the session on them, stopping for optionswith a couple of minutes left as we're already pretty clear on howthey'll behave on Saturday and Sunday.

"We have some work to do tonight to find the pace that's in thecar here - throughout the season we've come back well in FP3 andquali so the aim is for more of the same tomorrow, and to carrythat through to Sunday."

Giedo van der Garde: "This has been one of mybest Fridays of the year so far - I drove in FP1 here in India lastyear so the circuit was familiar right from the installation lapand the car balance was immediately good from the first run. Therewas a bit of understeer in the high speed section through 10 and 11but it was a positive start to the session.

"It felt the same on run two - still well balanced and as thetrack kept getting faster I could really start to push around thewhole lap. It's a good feeling when the car's like that straightfrom the start of Friday and even though we had a small issue withthe rear brake temps getting a bit higher than we'd have liked, itwas all good. We continued with the plan and made a couple morechanges to improve the aero balance for the last run and at the endof the session I think we'd made some good progress.

"FP2 started off the same - the car felt like it kept improvingand on my first run in the afternoon I found almost another halfsecond. There was still a bit of understeer in turn 10 but the windhad changed since the morning and that had actually helped theentry into that corner, but overall I was feeling comfortable. Wewent onto the softs for the second run of the afternoon but I hadsome traffic on my first lap and wasn't really getting the most outof them on that run, particularly through turns eight and nine.

"We ran a normal FP2 plan so finished with the long run,starting on the mediums. They were consistent for the whole runwhich looks good for Sunday, but the options really aren'tperforming here for anything more than a few laps. Now it's thenormal late Friday, getting everything ready for tomorrow andSunday and after a good day like this I think this can be a goodweekend for us."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2013/indian-gp-fp1-fp2#ISIXEOhmt92cjl4s.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 26-10-2013 09:12 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Sat 26 Oct, 2013

Dell has been ranked in the top five of Newsweek's GreenestCompanies in America for the past three years

Weather
FP3: Hazy, dry; min / max track temp 36° - 38°, air temp 28°- 29°
Q1: Slightly hazy, dry; min / max track temp 39° (Q1 start) -38° (Q1 end), air temp 30°

FP3: PIC 1.27.941, 18th / VDG1.28.498, 20th
Q1: VDG 1.27.105, 20th / PIC 1.27.487,21st

Total laps:
FP3: PIC 18 / VDG 16
Q1: VDG 6 / PIC 7

Runplan

FP3
1123 - 1139: Run 1, 10 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: front / rear ride height, brake balance, front / rearbrake duct blanking
1149 - 1202: Run 2, 8 laps (soft tyres)

Q1
1405 - 1412: Run 1, 4 laps (soft tyres)
1417 - 1423: Run 2, 3 laps (soft tyres)

FP3
1122 - 1138: Run 1, 10 laps (medium tyres)
1151 - 1201: Run 2, 6 laps (soft tyres)

Q1
1404 - 1409: Run 1, 3 laps (soft tyres)
1417 - 1422: Run 2, 3 laps (soft tyres)

Driver quotes

Charles Pic: "We started FP3 with the usual firstrun on the prime tyre and after the changes we made overnight I wasmuch happier with the car. The front grip was a lot better and thecar was now constant through the high speed sections - basicallybehaving more normally. We did still have some work to do improveentry stability on turn-in and on mid-exit, but overall it was agood step from Friday. The final time on the softs, on the secondrun, showed the progress we'd made overnight and even though thesession was delayed at the start, it was still a good session.

"In quali the track had a bit more grip but on the first run Icouldn't fully exploit that so we took a bit of front wing out andwent for one quick lap on the second run. Unfortunately I was stuckbetween a couple of cars on that lap and couldn't find the space toput in the time we know is in the car, so ended up21st."

Giedo van der Garde: "I was really happy with howthe car had performed yesterday and it wasn't too much different atthe start of FP3. I did have a bit of understeer in turns 10 and 11so we added a bit more front wing to help with that, but overall itwas still OK. On the performance run I was having issues with thefront tyre warm up and a bit of understeer in the middle sector, sowe made a couple more changes for quali to deal with that.

"We went for two runs on the options in quali and my first runwas ok but there was definitely time to find, particularly in themiddle sector. We had planned to go for two quick laps but it wasclear we could find the time with just one so we went for it and mylap was pretty close to getting as much as I could from the car.The tyres weren't quite working at full performance in sector one,so maybe there was a tenth or two there, but sectors two and threewere close to the maximum. Tomorrow we know we have the race paceto pull away from our nearest rivals, so we'll see how it worksout."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2013/indian-gp-qualifying#Je305BrkOHFrPMVt.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 27-10-2013 08:47 PM | 显示全部楼层
2013 INDIAN GRAND PRIX

Buddh International Circuit, India - 27th October 2013  

GE manufactures 70% of the world’s aircraft engines. Every two seconds a GE powered flight is taking off somewhere in the world

Weather
                                                Race: Hazy, dry, air temp 30° / track temp 34° (start), 30° / 33° (lap 30), 29° / 32° (lap 60)

Runplan
                                                Charles Pic
                                                Start on soft tyres
                                                Lap 1: pitstop 1, medium tyres
                                                Lap 16: pitstop 2, medium tyres
                                                Lap 39: hydraulics issue forces early retirement
                                                DNF

Giedo van der Garde
                                                Start on soft tyres
                                                Lap 1: incident in turn one leads to broken suspension / front wing
                                                DNF

Team Quotes

Charles Pic, car 20, chassis CT03-#6: “After the start and coming out of turn one I was ahead of Chilton and my teammate. Giedo didn’t have anywhere to go and made contact with my right rear tyre and it punctured which meant I had to come in immediately for a stop. We’d started on the soft tyres so we were always going to have to stop early, but obviously not on lap one, and with the time I’d lost with the first lap puncture I was back to where we were in Japan, having to play catch-up for the rest of the race.

“On the first set of mediums the car started behaving strangely and I was told to box again on lap 16. It turned out we had another puncture on the right rear and the tyre had lost a lot of pressure so we put on another new set of mediums and I pushed to close the gap to the cars ahead, but with such a big deficit it was always going to be unlikely I’d be able to catch and pass them. We gave it a go but we started losing hydraulic pressure, affecting the gearbox first, making changes harder, and then the steering started getting heavier and on lap 39 I was given the call to retire the car. My engineer explained afterwards  that we’d had to stop because of a hydraulics leak which is why we’d had problems with the gearbox and the power steering and we had to retire to stop any more problems with the rest of the car.

“Overall this has been a bit of a tough weekend, but we will keep fighting, next weekend and for the rest of the season.”

Giedo van der Garde, car 21, chassis CT03-#4: “I’m really disappointed my race ended so early. I made a fair start but coming out of turn one Chilton left me no room and we made contact, breaking my front wing and suspension. It’s been made really clear to us that we have to give each other room but today I wasn’t given any at all and that’s what’s finished my race before it really got going.

“It’s such a shame as this weekend the car’s felt really good, the balance has been there right from the first practice session and we know we have the pace on Sundays to pull away from the cars we’re fighting with. Having it all end so quickly is obviously bad, for me and everyone in the team who keep working so hard, but we can come back from this straight away next weekend in Abu Dhabi and that’s exactly what I aim to do.”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 30-10-2013 09:11 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added: Wed 30 Oct, 2013

Caterham F1 Team - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix View

General
Race Laps: 55
High percentage of low and medium speed corners, like Hungary butwith two long straights
Limited number of high speed corners: T2-T3 & T20
High fuel effect circuit
Medium-high brake energy but two high power braking zones
Braking stability & good brake cooling are very important
No major bumps on track
No kerbs are high but landing from kerb is very important fortraction
In FP1 the track is usually dusty and green but the circuit evolvesvery quickly
Main observation is track temperature change: In FP1 and FP3 theground temperature can be around 40°C, while for FP2, quali and therace it is often around 30°C - this is an important considerationfor tyre evaluation and setup work

2012 Weather
Air/Track temp ( C): 31 / 42
Pitlane altitude (m): 0
ATM Press (HPA): 1011
Hum (%): 53
Wind (kph): S 1

2012 Timing
Qualifying
P1: HAM (1:40.630 Q3)
P2: WEB (1:40.978 Q3)
P3:  VET (1:41.073 Q3)
CF1T best: P19 KOV (1:44.956 Q1)

Race
P1: RAI (1:44.450 L50)
P2: ALO (1:44.090 L53)
P3: VET (1:43.964 L54)
CF1T best: P13 KOV (1:47.115 L51)

Circuit Particularity
Overtaking chance: T8, T11
Ride height setting particularity: low
Engine severity: medium
Gearbox severity: medium / high
Lat/Long grip: medium
Aero eff ratio: low
Safety car history: 2012 - 2 (laps 9 - 14, 39 - 42), 2011 -none, 2010 - 1 (laps 1 - 5)
Track grip evo during w/e: high
Brake wear severity: medium / high
Brake cooling necessity: high

Driver quotes

Charles Pic: "India didn't go to plan at all,but with Abu Dhabi back-to-back with the Indian GP we have thechance to come back right away at a track we all know very well.Our car does seem to perform better when the track conditions arehot and even though we race from the late afternoon into theevening, it's still hot so we are definitely aiming to get back tothe performance levels we've targeted for this stage of theseason.

"Before going to Abu Dhabi I'm doing a couple of days filming inDubai with Renault and what they have planned looks really cool.I'm excited about seeing how it all comes out and even though it'sobviously still work it will be a good way to relax away from thecircuit for a few days.

"After the filming I'll be going to Abdu Dhabi and straight towork on Thursday. The track itself is a good technical challengefor both drivers and engineers and grip levels evolve a lot as theweekend continues but one thing we have to watch closely is how thetyre behaviour changes as the track temperatures go up and down -they can differ by up to 10°c between FP3 and qualifying sounderstanding how to get the best out of the tyres in the differentconditions is very important. It's also a track where you canovertake, at the end of the two long straights, so with DRS andKERS it's a track where you do see fights up and down the grid -and that's what both the fans and the drivers want!"

Giedo van der Garde: "Straight on to Abu Dhabiand race 17. I have a couple of days off to recharge after Indiawhich was obviously a disappointing end to what had a been a prettygood weekend until my race ended so early. It's good that the nextrace is in Abu Dhabi as it's a track I know well having raced therein GP2 and run for two days in the F1 rookie test last year withCaterham.

"For me Abu Dhabi's a great place to race, for the teams andfans. People used to have a go at the circuit layout but I thinkit's pretty cool. The garages are air conditioned, the only oneslike that anywhere we race,  and that makes life a bit easierfor the boys in the garage. That's important, particularly as we goto Abu Dhabi straight after India, but it's not just that, it'severything about the circuit that makes it a great race. Theorganisers have worked really hard to put on a lot of entertainmentfor the fans, not just the racing, the facilities are top class andthere's a really good atmosphere around the whole place for therace week.

"After a tough couple of races the main goal is obviously to getback to the performance levels we were putting in at races likeSpa. We have the pace on Sundays to fight, we have thedetermination to keep pushing the teams ahead and maybe we justneed a bit of the luck that seems to have deserted us recently. Ourtime will come, I'm sure of that."

Read more at http://www.caterhamf1.com/news/2013/abu-dhabi-grand-prix-view#fqXIXddlapkHGAkU.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 1-11-2013 11:48 PM | 显示全部楼层
                        2013 ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX FP1 & FP2

Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi - 1st November 2013  

ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX FP1 & FP2 – 1st NOVEMBER 2013

CNN Abu Dhabi is one of CNN’s largest production bases outside the US, broadcasting breaking news, live programming and feature shows about the region to a global audience

Weather
                        FP1: dry, sunny; min / max track temp 46° - 45°, air temp 34° - 33°
                        FP2: dry, twilight; min / max track temp 37° - 33°, air temp 33° - 34°

FP1: PIC 1.47.600, 19th / KOV 1.47.670, 20th
                        FP2: VDG 1.44.138, 19th / PIC 1.44.525, 21st   

Total laps:
                        FP1: PIC 22 / KOV 22
                        FP2: VDG 35 / PIC 38

Runplan

FP1 – all runs on medium tyres
                        1302 – 1306: Run 1, installation lap, 1 lap (medium tyres)
                        1333 – 1349: Run 2, 7 laps
                        Changes: front / rear brake duct blanking, brake balance
                        1401 – 1416: Run 3, 7 laps
                        Changes: rear ride height
                        1421 – 1424: Run 4, 7 laps

FP2
                        1702 – 1720: Run 1, 9 laps (medium tyres)
                        1731 – 1745: Run 2, 7 laps (soft tyres)
                        Changes: front wing flap angle, rear brake duct blanking
                        1752 – 1809: Run 3, 9 laps (medium tyres)
                        1809: pitstop (soft tyres)
                        1809 – 1833: Run 4, 13 laps (soft tyres)

Heikki Kovalainen, car #21, chassis CT03-05

FP1 – all runs on medium tyres
                        1303 – 1306: Run 1, installation lap, 1 lap
                        Changes: front / rear brake duct blanking, brake balance
                        1335 – 1349: Run 2, 7 laps
                        Changes:  n/a
                        1401 – 1417: Run 3, 7 laps
                        1421 – 1425: Run 4, 7 laps

FP2
                        1702 – 1718: Run 1, 8 laps (medium tyres)
                        1728 – 1742: Run 2, 7 laps (medium tyres)
                        1749 – 1758: Run 3, 5 laps (soft tyres)
                        1806 – 1833: Run 4, 15 laps (soft tyres)

Driver quotes

Heikki Kovalainen: “Generally the car was a bit on the nose to start with. Under braking and turning in it was on a bit of a knife edge and the tyres started going off quite early so that contributed to the handling issue, but we made a few changes and by the third run of the day we’d made some good progress with the balance. It was pretty neutral by the end of the session but the tyres had completely gone by then so we weren’t learning too much more, but overall a decent session and good to contribute again this weekend to help the team in Abu Dhabi.”

Charles Pic: “FP1 was all about trying to turn down how strong the front of the car was, particularly on turn-in to the corners. The aero balance was pretty good but the car was too pointy for me on each run and even though we improved the rear I didn’t have a balance I was really happy with for the whole session

“In FP2 the temperatures were obviously lower than FP1 and the balance wasn’t as good as it had been in FP1. I was also struggling to get temperature into the front tyres so we had a look at that on the performance run as the conditions are obviously much more like they will be in quali in FP2. On the run on options they came up to temperature much faster, the fronts were actually easy to warm up but the balance overall was still a bit on the understeer side, especially on entry and mid-corner. We added more front wing for the long run but I still had issues with the front warm up. Overall the car was understeering and I had some issues with braking stability so we’ll look at that in detail tonight and aim to fix it for tomorrow.”

Giedo van der Garde: “I was back in the car for FP2 and it felt pretty good right from the first run. The rears were locking a bit too much and the car wasn’t planted in the high speeds but overall it was ok. I did a couple of runs on the mediums to begin with, then onto the softs for the performance run and I have to say the car felt pretty generally stable. We did have a bit of rear locking under braking and I would have like a bit more front end, but we made a few changes for the run on the softs and it was feeling good – my quickest lap was ok but I know there’s more to come for quali, especially if we can improve the front end.

“On the long run I stayed on the options. The front tyres were cooling a lot which created understeer, but by the end of the run they were starting to come back. The rears were very consistent throughout the run so that gives us some interesting strategy options for the race. I haven’t tried the primes on a long run yet but Charles has so we’ll see what his data says tonight and then we can progress tomorrow.”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2-11-2013 10:12 PM | 显示全部楼层
                        2013 ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX FP3 & QUALIFYING

Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi - 2nd November 2013  

65% of Dell team members are dedicated to servers, storage, networking and services

Weather
                        FP3: dry, sunny; min / max track temp 47° - 44°, air temp 37° - 36°
                        Q1: dry, twilight; min / max track temp 35°, air temp 32°

FP3: VDG 1.44.472, 19th / PIC 1.44.728, 20th  
                        Q1: VDG 1.43.252, 19th / PIC 1.43.528, 21st

Total laps:
                        FP3: VDG 20 / PIC 21
                        Q1: VDG 10 / PIC 10

Runplan

FP3
                        1406 – 1420: Run 1, 8 laps (medium tyres)
                        Changes: front / rear brake duct blanking, front toe
                        1429 – 1445: Run 2, 8 laps (medium tyres)
                        1452 – 1504: Run 3, 5 laps (soft tyres)

Q1
                        1702 – 1710: Run 1, 5 laps (soft tyres)
                        1713 – 1723: Run 2, 5 laps (soft tyres)

FP3
                        1408 – 1422: Run 1, 7 laps (medium tyres)
                        Changes: front wing flap angle, rear ride height, rear brake duct blanking, front toe
                        1434 – 1446: Run 2, 6 laps (medium tyres)
                        1451 – 1506: Run 3, 6 laps (soft tyres)

Q1
                        1703 – 1711: Run 1, 5 laps (soft tyres)
                        1713 – 1723: Run 2, 5 laps (soft tyres)

Driver quotes

Charles Pic: “Overnight we made quite a few changes to the car and in FP3 we’d gone from the understeer we’d had on Friday to oversteer on the first run. A couple more changes helped fix that a bit and we found a slightly more positive balance for the second run.

“We started quali on softs but I still couldn’t didn’t have a balance that was working for me. The car was understeering too much to really be able to push with and that affected both my runs in Q1. It’s a shame as there’s definitely some pace in the car here, compared to our direct competitors, but we have the race to show what we can do. On race pace we have an advantage, and with the good tyre deg levels we saw on the long runs I think we have some interesting strategy options to look at for tomorrow.”

Giedo van der Garde: “Similar to my teammate, the changes we made to the car since FP2 had brought in a bit too much oversteer so we used the first couple of runs to sort that out. The track was obviously improving as more rubber went down and by the time of the first run on options I was pretty happy with how the car was performing.

“In quali we went for two runs on the options. On the first run everything went to plan and I was up in tenth until the cars ahead went from primes to options. On the second run we timed it well but on my slowdown lap I was blocked by one of the Force Indias which was going really slow around the whole lap which meant the tyres cooled down and I probably lost about three tenths on my last quick lap. It’s funny though, because even though I finished ahead of our nearest rivals and my teammate I’m a bit gutted as I think I’d have been in the 1.42s, still not enough for Q2 but enough to show what the car’s capable of here. Anyway, we have a long race ahead tomorrow and last year the team scored a 13th here, so I’ll take the fact I finished best of our little battle and focus on getting as good a result as possible in the race.”

回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 4-11-2013 12:36 AM | 显示全部楼层

2013 ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX

Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi - 3rd November 2013  

GE’s state-of-the-art gas turbines and reverse-osmosis plants will form the heart of the world’s largest integrated water and power plant in Marafiq, Saudi Arabia

Weather
                        Race: dry, air temp 32° / track temp 36° (start), 31° / 33° (lap 27), 31° / 32° (lap 55)

Runplan
                        Charles Pic
                        Start on soft tyres
                        Lap 8: pitstop 1, medium tyres
                        Lap 32: pitstop 2, medium tyres
                        Finished: 19th

Giedo van der Garde
                        Start on soft tyres
                        Lap 7: pitstop 1, medium tyres
                        Lap 33: pitstop 2, medium tyres
                        Finished: 18th

Team Quotes

Charles Pic, car 20, chassis CT03-#6: “The car’s been understeering all weekend and it just carried on the same today in the race. I had an ok start, passed Chilton and Bottas by the end of lap two and was immediately pulling away until the first stop on lap eight when we went from options to primes.

“In the second stint the car just didn’t have any balance I could work with. I was ahead of Giedo but the team told me to let him pass so I did but with the way the car felt I couldn’t get any more out of it. That was the same pretty much right to the flag – in the final stint it felt a bit better but still nowhere near enough what I’d wanted.”

Giedo van der Garde, car 21, chassis CT03-#5: “I have to say that’s one of my best ever races. The car was great today and the work the boys did in the stops, they were really on it and that helped a lot in the race.

“At the start I was ahead of Raikkonen who made contact with my left rear in turn one. I nearly spun after the contact, and lost a bit of time to my teammate and Chilton, but both Charles and I passed him by the end of the second lap and then we also got Bottas. I’m obviously pleased the luck went my way this time and I made it through the first lap and from there the car was feeling great, just really well balanced.

“In the first stop I went from softs to mediums and I could really push everywhere – I had a bit of oversteer but nothing too bad. I was behind my teammate after the stops but had more pace and the team made the call to let me past – with clear air I could really push and opened up a gap to him right to the flag.

“We know we need more luck and things to happen to the cars ahead to be able to get back tenth place in the championship, but it’s still good to have finished so far ahead of our nearest rivals. We need to carry that form through for the final two races and I know that if things come our way, we can do what’s required to finish my rookie season on a really positive note.”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 8-11-2013 10:14 PM | 显示全部楼层
US GRAND PRIXVIEW

Leafield Technical Centre, UK - 8th November 2013  

General
                        Race Laps: 56
                        COTA is a Tilke-designed circuit, introduced in 2012
                        The circuit is characterised by a number of elevation changes (esp. T1 which is uphill and has a blind apex, and also the section from T3 to T9 which includes some adverse camber corners)
                        Front left tyre is prone to graining
                        Due to the low temperatures & track texture, tyre warm-up was an issue in 2012 on both compounds
                        In terms of average speed, Austin is very close to Barcelona with a good mix of high speed corners (all the way from T2 to T10) and a long back straight
                        S3 is a technical section with low & medium speed corners
                        Braking & high speed stability are important
                        Circuit was confirmed as medium-low in terms of brake demand in 2012
                        First gear not used on track

2012 Weather
                        Air/Track temp ( C): 19 / 28
                        Pitlane altitude (m): 152
                        ATM Press (HPA): 1010
                        Hum (%): 25
                        Wind (kph): N 1.4

2012 Timing
                        Qualifying
                        P1: VET (1:35.657 Q3)
                        P2: HAM (1:35.766 Q3)
                        P3:  WEB (1:35.174 Q3)
                        CF1T best: P21 PET (1:40.809 Q1)

Race
                        P1: HAM (1:39.709 L55)
                        P2: VET (1:39.347 L56)
                        P3: ALO (1:39.672 L56)
                        CF1T best: P17 PET (1:42.824 L55)

Circuit Particularity
                        Bumpiness: smooth
                        Overtaking chance: low – T1, T16
                        Ride height setting particularity: low ride height possible
                        Aero eff ratio: medium-low
                        Safety car history: 2012 – none  
                        Brake wear severity: medium / low

Driver Quotes

Alexander Rossi (driving FP1): “I very much look forward to the US Grand Prix week starting. This is an important time in my career and the sport for America and another major step forward for me, to drive FP1 in my home country, in front of my own friends, family, supporters and fans. It means a lot to me that the team is giving me this opportunity, while trusting me with the responsibility and I want thank everyone who’s helped make this possible.

“It’s obviously going to be a very busy week, but I’m totally prepared for it all. I have a full plate of media appearances before we even get to the track, the FOTA Fan Forum event downtown on Wednesday evening, and then a karting event straight after that. I will have a good chance to meet fans and tell the local Austin media all about our sport, but then on Friday morning it’ll be time for the real work to begin on track.

“I’ve already driven COTA several times, including in a classic Grand Prix car, so I know the layout well, but driving a current-season F1 car is a bit different altogether and on Grand Prix weekend it’s a very important responsibility. With the amount of F1 testing I’ve already done over the last few years, I’m fully prepared to do the best job for the team in FP1. As it’s an official practice session it’s important that I help the team as much as possible to set the car up right for the rest of the weekend, while, for me, this is another chance to use the session to continue to learn, develop and progress towards the next step up to being the next full-time F1 race driver.”

Giedo van der Garde: “Austin was a fantastic experience last year and I think I speak for the whole paddock when I say everyone’s excited about getting back there. This year will be my first time driving the track, and as I’m sitting out FP1 it’ll be even more important we get maximum track time on Friday afternoon and for the rest of the weekend, but after the race I had in Abu Dhabi, I’m ready for anything.

“I really was pleased with how the Abu Dhabi race went. The car felt great all weekend and I could just push for the whole race without mashing up the tyres. That’s an amazing feeling in the car, when it all just clicks, even when you’re racing for the sort of positions we are right now, and it’s even better as I’d had a couple of tough weekends before that race and it was good to bounce back in such strong style.

“The focus in Austin will be the same as it has been all year. Keep ahead of the team we’re fighting with for tenth and keep our fingers crossed for a bit of luck. I think we’re due it – if luck was the reward for hard work and effort I’m sure the whole team would have had a load by now, but even without that, we just have to do the best job we can and grab anything that comes our way.”

Charles Pic: “After a tough race in Abu Dhabi it’ll be good to be back in the car again in Austin. We had a setup issue in Abu Dhabi that held us back all weekend but the guys in the factory have been looking into it in detail and it’ll be fixed for Austin so I’m sure we’ll come back fighting there.

“COTA is a great track to drive an F1 car around – it has huge elevation changes, some really technical sections and it’s and one of those very special Grands Prix where there’s an amazing atmosphere all weekend, on and off track. I think that last year, when we went for the first time, we all expected the organisers to put on a great event, it is America after all, but I don’t think anyone realised the whole city of Austin would embrace F1 like they did. I think this year it’ll be even bigger and better – I know all the boys in the garage are looking forward to it as one of the great races of the year, and when you find a race like that, it’s very special.

“It’s also the home race for a couple of our main partners, Dell and GE, so we’ll have a lot of guests in over the whole weekend. That’s one of the challenges of being an F1 driver, being able to focus on the main goal despite everything else going on around you – I’ve always been good at that so, no matter how much off track work we have to do, I’ll be ready to seize any opportunities that come our way on race day.”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 16-11-2013 11:27 AM | 显示全部楼层
                        Friday in Austin               

• Added: Fri 15 Nov, 2013

Created in 1980 by Ted Turner, CNN has spawned more than 30024-hour news and business TV networks around the world

Weather
FP1: dry, sunny; min / max track temp 16° - 21°, air temp 21°- 26°
FP2: dry, sunny; min / max track temp 31°, air temp 25°

FP1: RSS 1.41.399, 19th / PIC 1.42.054,21st
FP2: PIC 1.40.376, 19th / VDG 1.40.563,20th

Total laps:
FP1: RSS 21 / PIC 19
FP2: PIC 39  / VDG 35
Runplan

FP1
0948 - 0956: Run 1, 4 laps (hard tyres)
Changes: front toe, front wing flap angle
1027 - 1050: Run 2, 10 laps (hard tyres)
Changes: rear anti-roll bar
1053 - 1103: Run 3, 5 laps (hard tyres)

FP2
1302 - 1316: Run 1, 8 laps (hard tyres)
Changes: front / rear ride height
1327 - 1340: Run 2, 7 laps (medium tyres)
1349 - 1417: Run 3, 15 laps (hard tyres)
Pitstop
1417 - 1433: Run 4, 9 laps (medium tyres)

Alexander Rossi, car #21, chassis CT03-05

FP1
0943 - 0957: Run 1, 7 laps (hard tyres)
1028 - 1044: Run 2, 8 laps (hard tyres)
Changes: front / rear ride height
1051 - 1104: Run 3, 6 laps (hard tyres)

FP2
1302 - 1317: Run 1, 8 laps (hard tyres)
1328 - 1343: Run 2, 8 laps (hard tyres)
1350 - 1403: Run 3, 7 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: front wing
1411 - 1434: Run 4, 12 laps (medium tyres)

Driver quotes

Alexander Rossi: "I'm very pleased with how my FP1session went, both for me and for the team. It was a proud momentwhen I drove out on track as the first American driver to take partin an official F1 race weekend session at COTA, something that willlive with me for ever and an accolade I want to thank the team for,and everyone's who's backed me to help make happen here in Austin.It's obviously a bit of a shame the session was cut short by theissues with the helicopter, but the team worked really hard to makesure we could still run a decent number of laps, and by the end ofthe session we were only a few laps short of what we'd planned.

"In the car the balance was pretty good right from the start ofthe session. With the cold track temperatures we knew we'd haveissues with tyre warm-up and that was definitely the case on thefirst two runs, but on run three it had improved a bit, bothbecause the temperatures had gone up and with a couple of setupchanges we'd made. I was mostly dealing with understeer throughoutthe session but I'm sure, with more time, it's something we'd havebeen able to sort out and I think my final laptime showed prettyclearly that it wasn't holding me back."

Charles Pic: "We obviously had to wait quite a bitfor the session to start which cut into our runplan but by the endof the session we'd still completed 19 laps which was quite closeto the target, but it still didn't really help us sort out theundersteer that dominated the session. The low track temperaturesdidn't help, but on all three runs the car had very little frontgrip and it was understeering everywhere, obviously meaning Icouldn't push anywhere around the lap.

"For FP2 we made quite a few changes to the car and it wasimmediately better - we made a good step with the work we did overlunch and I could immediately push much more than the morningsession. We started with the hard tyres and then went onto optionsfor run two and with a bit more front wing added the grip improvedin the low and medium speed corners, not so much in the highspeeds, but overall it was another improvement.

"On the long run we started on the hards and went onto optionsafter 15 laps. They both held up pretty well and the times werepretty competitive with the cars ahead, something we also saw inAbu Dhabi. We've completed a lot of laps today so we have a goodamount of data to work on tonight and now the aim is to continue toprogress tomorrow."

Giedo van der Garde: "This is my first time drivingthis track so overall I'm pretty pleased with how close I ended upto my teammate, and the fact that we completed a good number oflaps in FP2. I was comfortable with the track from early in thesession and because I'd sat out FP1 we ran a slightly differentrunplan for the afternoon than normal - two runs on primes, aperformance run on options and then the long run, also on theoptions.

"On the first run I had the same sort of understeer Charles hadsaid his car had in FP1 - not as bad but still not something I washappy with. We added a bit of front wing which helped a little buton run two the car was behaving a bit strangely, not like it hasall year. I just couldn't carry any speed into the corners and eventhough my quickest lap time on the mediums was ok there wasdefinitely time to be found.

"We finished with a long run on the mediums but we still had thesame understeer issue throughout the run. We'll have a proper lookat that tonight and I'm sure we'll sort it for tomorrow."

Read more at http://caterhamf1.com/news/2013/united-states-gp-fp1-fp2#4C0jvZxY2jcBjLMh.99

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 17-11-2013 05:23 PM | 显示全部楼层
Saturday in Texas                                                   
  • Added: Sat 16 Nov, 2013

Dell products are available in more than 60,000 retail locationsworldwide

Weather
FP3: Overcast, dry; min / max track temp 20° - 23°, air temp20° - 22°
Q1: Sunny, dry; min / max track temp 30°, air temp 26°

FP3: PIC 1.39.578, 19th / VDG1.40.056, 20th
Q1: VDG 1.40.491, 19th / PIC 1.40.596,21st

Total laps:
FP3: PIC 19 / VDG 21
Q1: VDG 10 / PIC 10

Runplan

FP3
0905 - 0910: Run 1, 2 laps (hard tyres)
Changes: rear anti-roll bar
0922 - 0939: Run 2, 10 laps (hard tyres)
0950 - 1003: Run 3, 7 laps (medium tyres)

Q1
1201 - 1212: Run 1, 5 laps (medium tyres)
1215 - 1224: Run 2, 5 laps (medium tyres)

FP3
0906 - 0922: Run 1, 8 laps (hard tyres)
Changes: front / rear brake duct blanking, rear camber
0933 - 0944: Run 2, 6 laps (hard tyres)
0950 - 1003: Run 3, 7 laps (medium tyres)

Q1
1202 - 1212: Run 1, 5 laps (medium tyres)
1215 - 1224: Run 2, 5 laps (medium tyres)

Driver quotes

Charles Pic: "We had a small mechanical issue atthe start of FP3 which meant I had to come in earlier than we'dplanned on run one. It was fixed quickly and I was back out on theprimes for the first full run and, compared to Friday, the car wasdefinitely better. It was a little on the oversteer side,especially in the medium to high speed turns, but it was good inthe lowspeed sections.

"In qualifying the car balance felt very different form FP3.Maybe the change inwind direction affected it a bit but it wasundersteering through turns four to nine and in 11, and thenoversteer came in on the exit of turns 13 and 19 so I couldn'treally attack as I had in FP3. We have a penalty anyway because ofthe gearbox change we had to make this morning so I was alwaysgoing back a couple of places, but even with that it would havebeen good to carry through the pace from the morning session toqualifying."

Giedo van der Garde: "Right from the start of FP3it was clear the changes we'd made overnight had worked well. Thetrack conditions were a bit better but the car was back to how ithad been in the last few races, much more balanced which meant Icould push round the whole lap. We still had a bit of front lockingto deal with and I was struggling a bit with traction, but overallit was a good start to the session. We tried a camber change forrun two but it didn't improve anything so we stuck to what wasworking and the rest of the session was ok. On the performance runI didn't have a clean lap so my final time was definitely away fromwhat it could have been, but overall I was reasonably happy goinginto quali.

"We went for two three lap runs in quali and I have to say I'mvery pleased with where I finished. Considering the fact this is anew track for me, and I missed FP1, to finish ahead of the otherguys we're fighting with is, I think, good work. The car feltreally good in Q1, I'm not sure there was a lot more in it butstill, we start tomorrow in 19th and I think it'll bean exciting race."

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

所属分类: 爱车专区

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

版权所有 © 1996-2023 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd (483575-W)|IPSERVERONE 提供云主机|广告刊登|关于我们|私隐权|免控|投诉|联络|脸书|佳礼资讯网

GMT+8, 21-5-2024 10:43 PM , Processed in 0.078771 second(s), 20 queries , Gzip On.