注册

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主: maocheng

Caterham F1 Era End

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 19-7-2013 09:20 PM | 显示全部楼层
Silverstone YD test - Day 2                                                   
  • Added: Thu 18 Jul, 2013

[url=]Share[/url]

Silverstone Young Driver Test - Day 2 report

Driver: Will Stevens
Chassis: CT03-#05
Total laps: 98
Best lap: 1.36.082

Will Stevens: "It's been a really good day and Iwant to thank everyone who's helped make my first run in an F1 carhappen. For me the main focus of the day was learning as much as Icould. It was obviously my first time driving the F1 car and eventhough I'd prepared for the test with simulator sessions and timeback the factory, nothing really prepares you for the step up inperformance compared to what I've been racing so far, and the wholetrack setup.

"However, to be honest, it didn't take long to start feelingcomfortable in the car. In the early runs we were mainly focusingon aero work, so it was all about working to the very precise planthe engineers set, and then, from mid-morning, we started lookingat more normal test work - setup options, different bodywork, allthe test items the team needed to work through for the races tocome.

"We stopped for lunch after nearly 50 laps and I was feelinggood, ready to get straight back in and carry on! The afternoonsession was much the same - we tried a few different setups andthen ended with more aero work.

"Overall it's been a really good day, one where I think I didjust what the team wanted and learned a lot. I'm off straight awayto the next World Series round in Austria, but I can't wait to getback into an F1 car!"

回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 20-7-2013 09:44 AM | 显示全部楼层

•                                                                 News                    
                        Silverstone YD test - Day 3               

• Added: Fri 19 Jul, 2013

[url=]Share[/url]

Drivers: Giedo van der Garde (am) / Charles Pic (pm)

Chassis: CT03-#05

Total laps: Giedo van der Garde 65 / Charles Pic 60

Best lap: Giedo van der Garde 1.35.155 / Charles Pic1.35.576

Giedo van der Garde: "That was a useful morning's work. 65 laps isquite a bit over a full race distance here and we've got through alot of tyre work so everyone's pretty pleased with how it went. Therunplan meant we were looking at both short and long run tyreperformance and we'd targeted about the number of laps wecompleted, so now we have a lot of new data to work on with Pirelliand our own tyre engineers to see how today can help us in Hungarynext week, and for the rest of the year. The main thing for metoday was finding out how much more consistent the tyre drop offwas on the new sets Pirelli brought to Silverstone - I thinkthat'll help everyone a bit as it should mean we can push harder inthe races, but until we get to run them in a full race weekend it'sstill too early to tell completely how they're going tobehave."

Charles Pic: "Like my teammate I think we've had a productiveafternoon. We repeated the same plan we ran in the morning and itobviously wasn't about times today, it was about working with thenew Pirelli tyres and evaluating setups that we can work on forHungary and the rest of the season. I was quite pleased with howconsistent the sets we used today have been, the deg levels arecertainly lower than the tyres we've used so far this year and thatshould help us."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 22-7-2013 09:00 PM | 显示全部楼层
                                                                                        2013 HUNGARIAN GRAND PRIXVIEW

Leafield Technical Centre, UK – Monday 22nd July 2013

General
                                                Race Laps: 70
                                                2012 air / track temp (file:///C:/Users/THOMAS%7E1.WEB/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.gifC): 32 / 47
                                                Pitlane altitude (m): 238
                                                2012 ATM Press (HPA): 983
                                                2012 humidity (%): 42
                                                2012 wind (kph): NW11

2012 Timing
                                                Qualifying
                                                P1: HAM (1:20.953 Q3)
                                                P2: HAM (1:21.366 Q3)
                                                P3: BUT (1:21.416 Q3)
                                                CF1T best: P19 KOV (1:23.576 Q1)
                                                CFT1 delta to best Q1: +1.782 (102.2%)

Race
                                                P1: HAM (1:25.677, L65)
                                                P2: RAI (1.25.728, L41)
                                                P3: GRO (1:26.050, L59)
                                                CF1T best: P17 KOV (1:26.595, L62)
                                                CF1T delta to best race lap: +0.918 (101.1%)

Quick description
                                                The Hungaroring is laterally demanding but as there are a lot of medium-slow speed corners, traction is also very important
                                                Minimum corner speed is around 80kph
                                                Overtaking is very difficult
                                                Maximising pace through Sector 2 is important for lap time
                                                The track is generally bumpy (T5 especially) but there are no major issues
                                                Kerbs are significant in T6 and T7
                                                The track can be very dusty if it is windy, which can present issues in determining setup options

Circuit Particularity
                                                Bumpiness: medium / high
                                                Overtaking chance: low
                                                Kerbs: high in T6 and T7
                                                Ride height setting particularity: none
                                                Engine severity: low
                                                Gearbox severity: high
                                                Lat/Long grip: medium
                                                Aero eff ratio: low
                                                Safety car history: 2012 - none, 2011 – none, 2010 – 1 (laps 15-17)
                                                Track grip evo during w/e: high
                                                Aero settings: very high (maximum)
                                                Brake wear severity: medium / high
                                                Brake cooling necessity: high

Driver Quotes

Giedo van der Garde: “Hungary’s the last race before the summer break, and another chance for us to keep up the momentum we picked back up in Germany. The Hungaroring is a track I’ve always gone well at – I’ve won races and had podiums there in GP2 and World Series and now, in F1, it’s tight, twisty and a relatively short lap so it’s a bit like Monaco without the barriers!

“We obviously had our best quali result of the year so far in Monaco and while I doubt the weather will play its part in Hungary as it did on Saturday in Monaco, the track layout and characteristics are still kind of similar and the length of the lap and the reduced reliance on pure aero performance may help us edge closer to the cars ahead.

“We will continue the aggressive development plan started in Bahrain and have updates again for Hungary and that’ll help us, particularly on Sunday. That’s the goal for this weekend – have a clean Friday to set us up for both quali and the race, and then see if we can use what we’ve learned at the Silverstone test to fight on Sunday afternoon.”

Charles Pic: “Straight after the Silverstone test we all go to Hungary for race ten. Like my teammate I’ve always gone well at the Hungaroring and I like the whole place. The city’s beautiful, the track is a good challenge, particularly sector two which you need to get right and find the right rhythm and then you can gain a lot of time, and it’s nearly always hot there so physical fitness also plays its part.

“It’ll be another busy week for the team, coming straight from Silverstone to Hungary, but after that they have a very well deserved rest and a chance to recharge the batteries. For me, I’m at an event with our partner GE on Wednesday, something we’ve done at a few races this year, and then it’s 100% on the race weekend. After the test last week we’re as prepared as we can be and if we can pick up where we left off in Germany before we had the puncture, I think we can have a good weekend. I think, from what we learned from Silverstone, the revised tyres should suit us as they behaved consistently over both long and short runs, and the deg levels were more manageable than the compounds we’ve been using so far this season. ”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 26-7-2013 11:09 PM | 显示全部楼层
2013 HUNGARIAN GRAND PRIX FP1 & FP2

Hungaroring, Hungary – Friday 26th July 2013

Caterham F1 Team Partner Information
                                                Three out of the four of the world’s top social media websites are powered by Dell

Weather
                                                FP1: Dry, sunny; min / max track temp 40° - 44°, air temp 29° - 30°
                                                FP2: Dry, sunny; min / max track temp 38° - 45°, air temp 30° - 31°

Fastest laps / positions:
                                                FP1: PIC 1.25.827, 19th / VDG 1.26.808, 20th
                                                FP2: PIC 1.24.325, 19th / VDG 1.25.065, 20th  

Total laps:
                                                FP1: PIC 24 / VDG 25
                                                FP2: PIC 39  / VDG 36

Runplan

Charles Pic, car #20, chassis CT03-06

FP1
                                                1002 – 1005: Run 1, installation lap, 1 lap
                                                Changes: n/a
                                                1031 – 1046: Run 2, 8 laps
                                                Changes: front / rear ride height, rear anti-roll bar
                                                1054 – 1108: Run 3, 8 laps
                                                1121 – 1133: Run 4, 7 laps

FP2
                                                1401 – 1415: Run 1, 8 laps
                                                1423 – 1434: Run 2, 6 laps
                                                Changes: front wing flap angle
                                                1444 – 1504: Run 3, 12 laps
                                                Changes: rear brake duct blanking
                                                1511 – 1529: Run 4, 13 laps

Giedo van der Garde, car #21, chassis CT03-04

FP1
                                                1003 – 1006: Run 1, installation lap, 1 lap
                                                1032 – 1046: Run 2, 8 laps
                                                Changes: front / rear ride height, front anti-roll bar
                                                1057 – 1109: Run 3, 7 laps
                                                1119 – 1132: Run 4, 9 laps

FP2
                                                1402 – 1416: Run 1, 8 laps
                                                Changes: rear brake duct blanking
                                                1431 – 1439: Run 2, 5 laps
                                                1445 – 1502: Run 3, 10 laps
                                                Changes: front brake duct blanking
                                                1512 – 1531: Run 4, 13 laps

Driver quotes

Charles Pic: “For me FP1 was ok. I didn’t have as much understeer as Giedo and from the start of the session had reasonable grip. In fact, we had too much grip at the rear for the first couple of runs but we improved that throughout the session.

“For FP2 we made a couple more setup changes and started with a better balance than we’d had in FP1. On the long runs the degradation was ok - it’s there, more at the rear than the front, but it’s not huge and for me it’s manageable. We can take quite a few positives from today, particularly the gap to our nearest rivals and the long run pace which is again comparable to Williams, I think we could have a good weekend ahead.”

Giedo van der Garde: “Both sessions today were all about understeer. In FP1 we ran a different setup to Charles’ car to give us a baseline comparison and we tried some new brake material. To be honest neither the setup nor the new brake material really worked and we had to spend most of the FP1 trying to dial out the understeer. We also had a lot of front locking, something we didn’t have last week in Silverstone, so we made a few changes to deal with that.

“In the afternoon the balance was a bit better but we still had the same understeer issues, and on the long runs we were seeing high degradation and graining on the front left. However, by the last long run the tyres were working better and I felt like we’d made some good progress. We’ll work on all everything tonight and even though we have a lot of work ahead of us I’m pretty positive we can have a decent qualifying and race here in Hungary.”

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 27-7-2013 09:02 PM | 显示全部楼层
恭喜Hamilton夺得匈牙利站杆位!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 27-7-2013 10:29 PM | 显示全部楼层
f1fans 发表于 27-7-2013 09:02 PM
恭喜Hamilton夺得匈牙利站杆位!

老大, 你去错地方啦!!

回复

使用道具 举报

Follow Us
 楼主| 发表于 27-7-2013 10:29 PM | 显示全部楼层

Saturday at the Hungaroring               

• Added: Sat 27 Jul, 2013

[url=]Share[/url]

Weather
FP3: Dry, sunny; min / max track temp 44° - 47°, air temp31° - 32°
Q1: Dry, sunny; min / max track temp 48° - 49°, air temp 33°

FP3: VDG 1.23.975, 18th / PIC1.23.987, 19th
Q1: PIC 1.23.007, 19th / VDG 1.23.333,20th

Total laps:
FP3: VDG 19 / PIC 21
Q1: PIC 8 / VDG 7

Runplan

FP3
1104 - 1115: Run 1, 7 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: front bake duct blanking, front camber
1133 - 1143: Run 2, 7 laps (medium tyres)
1152 - 1202: Run 3, x laps (soft tyres)

Q1
1405 - 1413: Run 1, 5 laps (soft tyres)
1417 - 1422: Run 2, 3 laps (soft tyres)

FP3
1104 - 1117: Run 1, 8 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: front / rear brake duct blanking, front toe
1127- 1140: Run 2, 8 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: front wing flap angle, front toe, front brake ductblanking
1154 - 1200: Run 3, 5 laps (soft tyres)

Q1
1406 - 1413: Run 1, 4 laps (soft tyres)
1417 - 1422: Run 2, 3 laps (soft tyres)

Driver quotes

Charles Pic: "FP3 was another good session for me.We made a few changes to the car overnight and those, and the tracktemperatures on Saturday, worked in our favour. The session wentwell but on my quickest lap on the softs at in the performance runthere were double yellows in turn 11 which meant I had to back off,but I was still relatively happy with how we went into quali.

"In Q1 our goal was to finish ahead of Marussia and we'veachieved that with both cars, actually with a bigger gap than we'veseen for a while, so I'm pleased with how the session went. Our deglevels have been pretty good on the mediums and we've already seenthat we can push a couple of cars ahead in race conditions, so,even though the gap to the midfield is there, I'm already lookingforward to a strong race tomorrow."

Giedo van der Garde: "After having understeerdominate both FP1 and FP2 for me we made a lot of changes to thecar overnight and it was immediately better in FP3. We triedanother mechanical change on the second run, looking at what we'dbe doing on Sunday, but that didn't give us any improvement, so wewent back to how we started the session and when we did theperformance run the car was performing ok.

"In quali I wasn't really able to get a clean quick lap oneither run so I don't think my final time was really the best Icould have had today. Unfortunately I had traffic in sector one onthe quick lap on my second run and that definitely cost me a fewtenths, but despite that we finished well clear of our nearestrivals and that was the main target today. We've definitely put abit more time between us and them and I've always gone well here inHungary and we have the race pace to fight a few cars aheadtomorrow. With a clean start and good strategy I think we can havea decent Sunday."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 29-7-2013 12:00 AM | 显示全部楼层
                                                                                        2013 HUNGARIAN GRAND PRIX FP3 & QUALIFYING

Hungaroring, Hungary – Sunday 28th July 2013

McGregor Fashion Group brands are available in 3000 multi-brand stores, 265 shop-in-shops and more than 120 of the company’s own stores

Weather
                                                Dry, sunny
                                                Air temp 34° / track temp 50° (start), 35° / 50° (lap 35), 35° / 48° (lap 70)

Runplan
                                                Charles Pic
                                                Start on option tyres
                                                Lap 13: pitstop 1, medium tyres
                                                Lap 38: pitstop 2, medium tyres
                                                Finished: 15th  
                                                Fastest lap: 1.27.725 (lap 54)

Giedo van der Garde
                                                Start on option tyres
                                                Lap 8: pitstop 1, medium tyres
                                                Lap 27: pitstop 2, medium tyres
                                                Lap 44: pitstop 3, mediunm tyres
                                                Finished: 14th  
                                                Fastest lap: 1.27.473 (lap 47)

Team Quotes

Charles Pic, car 20, chassis CT03-#6: “I started on the options on a two-stop strategy and by the end of lap one I was just behind Bottas with my teammate ahead of him. We’d originally planned to stop around lap 10 but the soft tyres were holding up well so we extended the first stint to lap 13 so I could stay out, even though we knew it would be challenging with the track conditions today!

“After my first stop I came back out behind Bianchi and Chilton but passed them and started to make up time to Giedo who was then in 18th. Even though the track conditions were obviously very hot the first set of mediums was performing well and they held up for the distance we’d targeted for stop two on lap 38, by which point I was 18th.

“With that second stop successfully completed I had to make the tyres last for the rest of the race, 32 laps in total, so I managed them as best I could and there wasn’t really anything more I could do today.”

Giedo van der Garde, car 21, chassis CT03-#4: “I’m really pleased with today’s race, for me that was the best race of the year and it’s great to put in a performance like that before we head off for the August break. I think it shows that the plan we’d set for this season, about learning and improving race by race, is working as I was right on the pace we’d targeted until about six laps to go when the tyres were pretty much gone.

“For most of the season my starts have been good and it was the same here. I was ahead of Bottas by the end of lap one and keeping pace with the pack until my first stop, going onto primes, on lap eight.

“The car felt good at that point and the tyre management plan was going pretty well. I was making up time to the Williams ahead when we stopped for the second time on lap 28 and I was 19th when I came back out, well clear of both our nearest rivals.

“The goal today was to beat the cars we’ve been racing all year, so the second half of the race was really about consolidating the position we were in past the half-way point. Obviously the blue flags don’t help us as we’re having to race with one eye ahead and one behind, but we have to deal with them both on track and with the strategy, and I think the plan we had today was just about right.

“After the third stop I was about five seconds ahead of my teammate and knew I had to make the last set of mediums last until the flag, about 26 laps. I think the fact I was able to do that shows how my tyre management is improving, and I think the mix of a good strategy and a decent performance in the car combined to make this best day in F1 for me so far.”

Ends
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 20-8-2013 11:06 PM | 显示全部楼层
2013 BELGIAN GRAND PRIXVIEW

Leafield Technical Centre, UK - 20th August 2013  

General
                                                Race Laps: 44
                                                Pitlane altitude (m): 416

2012 Information
                                                Air / track temp ( C): 17 / 19
                                                ATM Press (HPA): 977
                                                Hum (%): 45
                                                Wind (direction / kph):  SSE 2

2012 Timing

2012 Qualifying
                                                P1: BUT (1:47.573 Q3)
                                                P2: KOB (1:47.871 Q3)
                                                P3: MAL (1:47.893 Q3)
                                                CF1T best: P19 KOV (1:51.739 Q1)

2012 Race
                                                P1: BUT (1:54.293, L40)
                                                P2: VET (1:54.198, L39)
                                                P3: RAI (1:53.640,  L34)
                                                CF1T best: P14 PET (1:56.741, L28)

Quick description
                                                Medium-low downforce track
                                                Easy on brakes and cooling
                                                Minimum ride height is determined by T3 (Eau Rouge)
                                                Longest circuit length of the season
                                                7th gear ratio needs to take into account affect strong winds can have on speed on the main straight
                                                Tend to run on the limiter in 7th gear to allow higher revs in Eau Rouge
                                                Top speed can be reached by T5 or T18 depending on wind direction
                                                Top speed is important for good lap time in S1/S3 and for overtaking
                                                S2 is a downforce dominant sector
                                                No IN lap after the chequered flag

Circuit Particularity
                                                Bumpiness: medium / low
                                                Overtaking chance: medium-high
                                                Kerbs: low
                                                Ride height setting particularity: high front ride height for T3
                                                Engine severity: very high
                                                Gearbox severity: very low
                                                Lat / long grip: longitudinal
                                                Aero eff ratio: high
                                                Safety car history: 2012 – 1 (laps 1 to 4), 2011 - 1 (laps 13 - 16), 2010 - 2 (laps 2-3 and 38-40)
                                                Aero settings: medium / low
                                                Brake wear severity: low
                                                Brake cooling necessity: low

Team Quotes

Charles Pic: “I’ve had a great holiday with my family in France and it’s always good to recharge, particularly with seven of the races in the second half of the season being flyaways, but now I’m ready to get back to racing.

“The second to last European race of the season at Spa is one of the classic Grands Prix and there’s a lot of history about the track, particularly when you look back at what it used to be like! These days it’s obviously much shorter, and safer, but it’s still a very good challenge in an F1 car, whatever the weather is like! The main technical focus on Friday and Saturday morning is getting the balance right between the outright speed you need for the high speed sections, like the run to Les Combes, and the downforce you need to push in sector two, particularly through corners like Pouhon which is very quick when you have the car set up well. Get the balance right and a quick lap of Spa is a very satisfying feeling – for the drivers inside the cockpit and the fans watching the cars through corners like Eau Rouge, it’s what F1 is all about!”

Giedo van der Garde: “I’ve had a pretty busy August break, spending some time down in Valencia with my physio to keep up the training programme, and then off to Italy for a few days of holiday completely away from motor racing, but now it’s back to work at Spa.

"Honestly, I’ve been excited about racing in F1 at Spa ever since the start of the season, actually probably for all my life! As there isn’t a Dutch Grand Prix these days the Belgian GP is the closest I have to a home race and I know there’s going to be a lot of orange flags around the track, and a lot of support for me and the team all weekend. I know we’re not going to be in a position to fight at the front of the grid, but we’ll still be pushing as hard as possible to beat our nearest rivals, and after the last race in Hungary I’m confident we can start the second half of the season in a positive way and put on a good show for all the fans who’ll make the trip to Spa. I can’t wait!”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 23-8-2013 11:26 PM | 显示全部楼层
BELGIAN GRAND PRIX - FP1 & FP2

Spa Francorchamps, Belgium - 23rd August 2013  

More than 140 000 employees in more than 170 locations work for EADS Group in its divisions Airbus, Astrium, Cassidian and Eurocopter, creating products which are in use in more than 150 countries worldwide

Weather
                                                FP1: Overcast, damp (start of session); min / max track temp 17°, air temp 17° - 18°
                                                FP2: Dry, sunny; min / max track temp 30° - 33°, air temp 22° - 24°

FP1: KOV 1.57.821, 16th / VDG 1.57.887, 17th
                                                FP2: VDG 1.53.157, 19th / PIC 1.53.251, 20th

Total laps:
                                                FP1: KOV 16 / VDG 16
                                                FP2: VDG 21 / PIC 29

Runplan

Heikki Kovalainen, car #20, chassis CT03-06

FP1
                                                1001 – 1004: Run 1, installation lap, 1 lap (wet tyres)
                                                1029 – 1039 Run 2, 4 laps (intermediate tyres)
                                                Changes: front wing flap angle, brake balance
                                                1054 – 1113: Run 3, 9 laps (hard tyres)
                                                Changes: front wing flap angle, front / rear ride height, front / rear brake duct blanking
                                                1123 – 1128: Run 4, 2 laps (hard tyres)

FP2
                                                1401 – 1416: Run 1, 7 laps (hard tyres)
                                                Changes: front wing flap angle, rear anti-roll bar
                                                1425 – 1440: Run 2, 7 laps (hard tyres)
                                                Changes: brake balance, front toe
                                                1450 – 1500: Run 3, 5 laps (medium tyres)
                                                1511 – 1531: Run 4, 10 laps (medium tyres)

FP1
                                                1001 – 1003: Run 1, installation lap, 1 lap (wet tyres)
                                                1028 – 1037: Run 2, 4 laps (intermediate tyres)
                                                Changes: front wing flap angle, front / rear brake duct blanking
                                                1053 – 1113: Run 3, 9 laps (hard tyres)
                                                Changes: front wing flap angle, rear brake duct blanking
                                                1123 – 1128: Run 4, 2 laps (hard tyres)

FP2
                                                1401 – 1417: Run 1, 7 laps (hard tyres)
                                                Changes:
                                                1435 – 1445: Run 2, 5 laps (medium tyres)
                                                1451 – 1514: Run 3, 9 laps (medium tyres)
                                                Accident in turn 15 ends session

Driver quotes

Heikki Kovalainen: “It felt good to be back in the car and I’m pleased to see how it’s developed since I last drove it in Barcelona. The whole package feels better balanced and generally it’s a good overall improvement behind the wheel. There’s a few things I could tell right away that are better – in general the ride has improved, there’s much less pitching and the front in particular feels stronger. Against that, the braking stability doesn’t feel great today, but that’s something that can be worked on pretty simply in FP2. Overall I’m pleased I had more time in the car and can continue to help the team progress.”  

Charles Pic: “We went straight out in FP2 on the hard tyres and the car was ok but the main issue on run one was mid-to exit oversteer. We made a couple of mechanical changes for the second run but still had the oversteer issue but with more changes it had improved slightly for run three when we put the medium tyres on for the first time. The car was more calm on mid-to-exit but we found we had some issues on entry into the corners so for the long run we put on a bit more front wing and it did feel like we made some progress. We still need to make more improvements to the stability of the car on entry into the corners, but we can look at that more tonight, as well as keeping an eye on the weather forecast for tomorrow and even more for Sunday.”

Giedo van der Garde: “FP1 was a good start to the weekend. We did the installation lap on wets but for run one we went onto inters but the track was drying out pretty quickly so they didn’t last too long at all. It looks like quali and the race could both have similar weather conditions to FP1 so it’s good to have that information logged, but then we went onto the hard dry tyres for run two, giving us more information that the engineers can work on tonight.

“In FP2 the weather had improved from the morning session but the car didn’t feel great on the first run. We had a lot of oversteer on run one and not great traction so we made a change and went out for run two on the medium tyres. The first run on those was ok but we weren’t really able to get everything out of the softer rubber so there’s definitely more to come from the softer rubber. On the long run on the mediums the car felt pretty good, deg levels were ok but then in turn 15 the back end got loose and I unfortunately made contact with the barrier ending the session. We’re not sure why that happened yet but we’ll have a look at the data and investigate more tonight. Hopefully there’s a lot more to come, so a usual busy Friday night and I think we can make progress tomorrow.”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 24-8-2013 10:37 PM | 显示全部楼层
BELGIAN GRAND PRIX - FP3 & QUALIFYING

Spa Francorchamps, Belgium - 24th August 2013  

Caterham F1 Team Partner information
McGregor Fashion Group employs more than 1200 people across Europe and will turnover almost
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 25-8-2013 10:57 PM | 显示全部楼层
BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2013

Spa Francorchamps, Belgium - 25th August 2013  

Dell products are available in more than 60,000 retail locations worldwide

Weather
                                                Race: Overcast, dry (start): air temp 19° / track temp 25° (start), 20° / 26° (lap 22), 20° / 25° (lap 44)

Runplan
                                                Charles Pic, car 20, chassis CT03-#6
                                                Start on medium tyres
                                                Lap 8: retired due to oil leak

Giedo van der Garde, car 21, chassis CT03-#4
                                                Start on medium tyres
                                                Lap 15: pitstop 1, hard tyres
                                                Lap 29: pitstop 2, hard tyres
                                                Finished: 16th
                                                Fastest lap: 1.53.995 (lap 43)

Team Quotes

Charles Pic: “We started on a set of options and I was off the line cleanly with no problems on lap one. I passed both Chilton and Bianchi and by lap eight was catching my teammate but then I was told to box as we had an oil leak so we stopped the car to avoid any damage to the new engine we used today. Racing’s sometimes like this – we had good pace on Friday and Saturday, the car felt well balanced and we’d made some progress. While today’s race obviously didn’t go to plan I’m not down about it – we have another chance in Monza in two weeks to continue to build on the gap to our nearest rivals and I’m sure we’ll bounce back there.”

Giedo van der Garde : “My start was good. I had clear space going into turn one and held 14th place until mid-way through lap two, but then it wasn’t really possible to hold off some of the cars who’d started behind us. Realistically, we’d expected that to happen so I was focused on pulling away from Bianchi and Chilton and giving myself a big enough gap to manage the race we’d planned.

“I’d started on a set of mediums which we managed well. My first stop was on lap 15 when we went onto a set of new hards and I rejoined in 19th. That set was also working well until about lap 26 when the rears started to go off so we pushed for another couple of laps and then came in for the second stop on lap 29. The final stint was on another set of hard tyres and from there I was well clear of both Marussias and had a really good fight with Maldonado for 16th right to flag, pushing as hard as I could to keep that place.

“Overall this has been a really good weekend. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if it had rained today, but for what was effectively my first home F1 race I think we got the maxi um for the car. Saturday was an incredible feeling and I’m really pleased we could give the team, our partners and the fans such a lift in quali – now we have to make sure we can do the same for the rest of the season whenever the chances come our way.”

Ends

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 30-8-2013 09:19 PM | 显示全部楼层

Italian Grand Prix View               

• Added: Fri 30 Aug, 2013

[url=]Share[/url]

Italian Grand Prix View

General
Race laps: 53
Pitlane altitude (m): 183

2012 Weather
Air / Track temp (°C): 28 / 41
ATM Press (HPa): 998
Hum (%): 38
Wind (kph): SSE 0.3

2012 Timing
Qualifying
P1: 1:24.010 (HAM Q3)
P2: 1:24.133 (BUT Q3)
P3: 1:24.247 (MAS Q3)
CF1T best: P18 1:26.382 (KOV Q1)
CF1T delta to best Q1: +2.207 (102.6%)
Race
P1: HAM (1:28.427 L52)
P2: PER (1:27.562 L53)
P3: ALO (1:28.835 L44)
CF1T best: P14 KOV (1:29.399 L46)
CF1T delta to best race lap: +1.827 (102.1%)

Quick description
Long low downforce circuit with the highest top speed of theseason
Additional kerbs introduced in both chicanes in 2009 behind oldkerbs (with different ride requirements)
Overtaking is possible with good top speed
Fuel effect is below average compared to other tracks
High brake energy but cooling rate is also high so brake wear isnot a big issue
Braking stability is important

Circuit particularity
Bumpiness: medium
Overtaking chance: T1, T8
Kerbs: medium
Ride height setting particularity: none
Engine severity: high
Gearbox severity: very low
Lat / Long grip: medium
Aero eff ratio: very high
Safety car history: 2012 - none, 2011 - one (laps one to three),2010 - none
Aero settings: very low
Brake wear severity: medium
Brake cooling necessity: medium / low

FP1
Heikki Kovalainen will drive FP1 in Giedo van der Garde's car.

Driver Quotes

Charles Pic, car #20, chassis CT03-#06:"Monza's a great place to race F1 cars. It's so quick, theatmosphere is amazing (even though it's almost only Ferrarisupporters out there!) and it's a track that has a lot of history,some of which you can see in the old banking on the way out of thetrack to remind you what it used to be like.

"It's our last race in Europe this year and it would be good tofinish the European season on a positive. We'd put in strongperformances in the three practice sessions in Spa but we wereunlucky, both with the call to the weighbridge in Q1 and the oilleak in the race so Monza gives us a chance to move straight on andput that bad luck behind us.

"I'm in the simulator at Leafield before we arrive in Monza, sowe'll have a chance to try a few setup options before we get to thetrack. We'll be running the low downforce package for this race andthe main focus will be on finding a setup that gives us maximumstraightline speed and a car that we can really attack the kerbswith. That's important for laptime, particularly in T3 and T7, asyou need to be able to minimise the time in the corners by pushingthe car over the kerbs, so having the right mechanical setup iscrucial. We'll also be working a lot on braking stability - breakwear and cooling are both pretty manageable at Monza, but it'simportant to have a car that's behaving consistently in the brakingzones as that's where you can make up, and lose, time."

Giedo van der Garde, car #21, chassis CT03-#04:"Our last European race of the season is Monza, another classicGrand Prix venue and a track where I've won in both Formula Renault3.5 and in GP2.

"After the last couple of races I'll go to Monza feeling positiveabout the next race and the rest of the season. The whole team hada lot of praise for what we did in Spa, particularly takingadvantage of the conditions on Saturday, and it's good to seepeople understanding what we're doing now is exactly what we saidwe would do this year - learn, improve and deliver the results wewant. 14th in Hungary and both qualifying and the race in Spa showhow the package is coming on and it's a good feeling for me and thewhole team.

"Moving on to Monza - it's a track that could suit us in thefight with our nearest competitors. It's often hot and it's thequickest track of the year, one where we run very low downforcesettings and that should suit our car.

"Last year the team was pretty competitive and we'll aim to makesure we are again. If it's not hot and we have anything like theconditions we did in Spa then we've shown we can take advantage ofunpredictable weather, and even though another P3 in Q1 might beunlikely, we still know we can be bold and aggressive when there'sa chance to surprise a few people. Maybe our next chance will beMonza - if not I'm sure there will be other races this year when wecan show what we can do."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 6-9-2013 09:53 PM | 显示全部楼层
                                                                                        ITALIAN GRAND PRIX FP1 & FP2

Autodromo di Monza, Italy - 6th September 2013  

As of 31st December 2012 Regus operated 1,411 business centres in 99 countries.

Weather
                                                FP1: Dry, sunny; min / max track temp 31° - 36°, air temp 26° - 28°
                                                FP2: Dry, sunny; min / max track temp 43° - 45°, air temp 29° - 31°

FP1: PIC 1.27.818, 19th / KOV 1.28.192, 21st
                                                FP2: PIC 1.27.696, 20th / VDG 1.27.771, 21st   

Total laps:
                                                FP1: PIC 24 / KOV 21
                                                FP2: PIC 37  / VDG 38

Runplan

FP1
                                                1003 – 1006: Run 1, installation lap, 1 lap (hard tyres)
                                                1033 – 1044: Run 2, 7 laps (hard tyres)
                                                Changes: front wing flap angle, front / rear ride height
                                                1058 – 1111: Run 3, 8 laps (hard tyres)
                                                1120 – 1134: Run 4, 8 laps (hard tyres)

FP2
                                                1402 – 1415: Run 1, 8 laps (hard tyres)
                                                Changes: rear ride height, brake balance
                                                1427 – 1437: Run 2, 6 laps (medium tyres)
                                                Changes: rear ride height
                                                1446 – 1503: Run 3, 10 laps (hard tyres)
                                                Changes:
                                                1512 – 1534: Run 4, 13 laps (medium tyres)

Heikki Kovalainen, car #21, chassis CT03-04

FP1
                                                1002 – 1005: Run 1, installation lap, 1 lap (hard tyres)
                                                1034 – 1046: Run 2, 8 laps (hard tyres)
                                                Changes: front wing flap angle, rear brake duct blanking
                                                1110 – 1128: Run 3, 12 laps (hard tyres)

FP2
                                                1405 – 1418: Run 1, 8 laps (hard tyres)
                                                Changes: front wing flap angle, rear anti-roll bar, rear brake duct blanking
                                                1428 – 1440: Run 2, 7 laps (hard tyres)
                                                Changes: front wing flap angle, rear anti-roll bar
                                                1448 – 1500: Run 3, 7 laps (medium tyres)
                                                1505 – 1532: Run 4, 16 laps (hard tyres)

Driver quotes

Heikki Kovalainen: “Overall I’m pretty happy with how the session went. The main thing is obviously for me to help the team as much as I can and in such a short session that’s always tricky, particularly as it takes a lap or so to get back up to speed with the low downforce package we’re running here. There was a little understeer in the high speed sections but the main issue for me was braking stability. That’s obviously important around Monza as there’s a couple of heavy braking zones, but we made some progress on that by the end of the session.”

Charles Pic: “FP1 went ok. The car balance was good right from the installation lap and the rest of the session went to plan. We were mainly working on mechanical setup options and running downforce scans so the times weren’t really important, but it was still good to see that the gap to the teams ahead is around where we’d predicted.

“In FP2 we started with an eight lap run on the hards but it felt like the changes we made over lunch had a negative impact on the car balance, increasing mid-sector understeer and entry stability in particular. We made a couple of mechanical changes and then went out on the mediums for the first time but the car felt very different from the morning session, the balance wasn’t as good and there was more understeer so we definitely didn’t get the time we could have from that set. On the long runs the car balance was again not consistent – we had both understeer and oversteer in the corners and that’s obviously not what we’re looking for here. However, we have accumulated a decent amount of laps and have a lot of data to work on tonight so we’ll keep working and come back stronger tomorrow.”

Giedo van der Garde: “I was back in the car for FP2 and straight out to start work on the hard compound tyres. On the first run my times were ok but the traction wasn’t great and I needed a bit more time to find the best line in sector one. On run two we made a bit of progress and then we went for the first run on the medium tyres which, honestly, was strange. The grip you’d expect from a new set of options just wasn’t there – the car balance was fine, but we didn’t find the time we should have found from the options so we’ll have to look at that in detail tonight. On the long runs the pace was ok , as was the deg levels, but we definitely need to look at how we manage tyre warm-up and make sure we have options to fix the grip issue with the options, especially for qualifying.”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 7-9-2013 09:51 PM | 显示全部楼层
                                                                                        ITALIAN GRAND PRIX FP3 & QUALIFYING

Autodromo di Monza, Italy - 7th September 2013  

Dell is the first to offer 100% renewable bamboo product packaging

Weather
                                                FP3: Dry, sunny; min / max track temp 35° - 41°, air temp 28° - 29°
                                                Q1: Dry, sunny; min / max track temp 43°, air temp 30°

FP3: PIC 1.26.607, 18th / VDG 1.27.172, 19th   
                                                Q1: VDG 1.26.406, 19th / PIC 1.26.563, 20th

Total laps:
                                                FP3: PIC 21 / VDG 20
                                                Q1: VDG 10 / PIC 10

Runplan

FP3
                                                1103 – 1115: Run 1, 7 laps (hard tyres)
                                                Changes: front wing flap angle, rear brake duct blanking, front toe
                                                1126 – 1138: Run 2, 8 laps (hard tyres)
                                                1151 – 1201: Run 3, 6 laps (medium tyres)

Q1
                                                1400 – 1409: Run 1, 5 laps (medium tyres)
                                                1414 – 1422: Run 2, 5 laps (medium tyres)

FP3
                                                1104 – 1118: Run 1, 8 laps (hard tyres)
                                                Changes: front brake duct blanking, front wing flap angle
                                                1125 – 1135: Run 2, 6 laps (hard tyres)
                                                1152 – 1201: Run 3, 6 laps (medium tyres)

Q1
                                                1401 – 1409: Run 1, 5 laps (medium tyres)
                                                1414 – 1421: Run 2, 5 laps (medium tyres)

Driver quotes

Charles Pic: “The team worked very hard last night going through all the data from yesterday and after my first FP3 run it was clear we’d made good progress. The car felt better balanced, particularly in the medium speed corners and it improved again throughout the session. By the time we went for the performance run we’d found a setup that was working pretty well, much closer to what we wanted to see so we went into quali feeling quite positive.

“Between FP3 and quali the track temps increased and when I went out for the first run in Q1 the car balance wasn’t there anymore. It had changed from the morning and I felt like I couldn’t really push. We’d opted for two runs on the mediums and my quickest lap on the first run was ok. We added a bit more front wing for the second run and I put in my quickest time on the final lap of run two, but there was definitely more to come if we’d had the same sort of balance we’d had in FP3. Despite that, the main target for the team was to finish ahead of our direct competitors and we clearly did that today.”

Giedo van der Garde: “FP3 started ok for me. We still had some understeer in sector two and there was too much front locking so we corrected that for run two. The real issue was still managing the front tyre warm up which is obviously critical in maximising performance, but throughout the session we kept working on it and by the performance run we were happier with where we were..

“In quali we went for two runs on the mediums, going out early in the session for three timed laps and the car felt pretty good. There was a bit more to come in sector one and we put more front wing on for the second run and on the first flying lap I nailed it. A mid-26 was about as good as we could have hoped for so I’m really pleased with how quali went. It’s another session where I’m building my experience and my confidence in the car so I’ll go into the race feeling really good.”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 8-9-2013 10:15 PM | 显示全部楼层
                                                                                        ITALIAN GRAND PRIX 2013

Monza, Italy - 8th September 2013  

CNN’s bureau in Rome, was one of the network’s first international bureaus, opened in 1980

Weather
                                                Race: Overcast, dry; air temp 26° / track temp 31° (start), 26° / 32° (lap 26), 26° / 33° (lap 53)

Runplan
                                                Charles Pic
                                                Start on medium tyres
                                                Lap 17: pitstop 1, hard tyres
                                                Lap 38: pitstop 2, hard tyres
                                                Finished: 17th  

Giedo van der Garde
                                                Start on medium tyres
                                                Lap 18: pitstop 1, hard tyres
                                                Lap 39: pitstop 2, hard tyres
                                                Finished 18th  

Team Quotes

Charles Pic, car 20, chassis CT03-#6: “My start was good and I held position into turn one and was up with Bottas and pushing to keep pace with him. Up to the first pitstop I was just about keeping him range but then in the second stint he was a lot quicker and I simply didn’t have the pace to fight with him. The car felt ok, the first set of tyres worked pretty well and we stuck to the strategy, coming in for the first stop on lap 17.

“We went onto the primes for the second and third stints and, honestly, from the time I rejoined the track after the first stop the rest of the race was pretty quiet for me. When the blue flags started coming out we had to manage the traffic and that obviously cost us more time, but our pace meant we were able to cover off our nearest competitors one–stop strategy and that was a the main target today.

“We’ve shown over the last few races that we definitely have a pace advantage over them, and we have enough races left to keep fighting for tenth place in the championship. Next we go to Singapore which is going to be an incredibly busy race off-track, and on track I think our car will be suited to the heat and layout of the track. After a quiet race today it’ll be good to have a few more battles!”

Giedo van der Garde, car 21, chassis CT03-#4: “After good starts for most of the season I have to say this wasn’t one of my best, but I overtook the Marussia halfway through lap one and was up with Charles until he pitted for the first time. I came in a lap later and with a new set of hard tyres the car felt good – my pace was on target and I was easily able to pull away from the cars behind and push on to Charles.

“We were running a two stop strategy and I came in for the second stop when I was given the command to box. There was a communication mistake on the pitwall and when I came in the guys weren’t ready for me which obviously cost me a lot of time and I came out behind Bianchi, but I passed him pretty quickly and set about trying to catch my teammate. It’s a shame as my pace in the second stint was really good and I’d have had a chance to pass Charles, but sometimes these things happen – that’s racing.”

Ends

回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 13-9-2013 09:16 PM | 显示全部楼层

Singapore Grand Prixview               

• Added: Fri 13 Sep, 2013

[url=]Share[/url]

General
Race laps: 61
Pitlane altitude (m): 5

2012 Weather
Air / Track temp (°C): 33 / 37
ATM Press (HPa): 1008
Hum (%): 79
Wind (kph): NNW 0.7

2012 Timing

Qualifying
P1: HAM (1:46.362 Q3)
P2: MAL (1:46.804 Q3)
P3: VET (1:46.905 Q3)
CF1T best: P19 PET (1:50.846 Q1)

Race
P1: VET (1:52.134 L50)
P2: BUT (1:52.625 L47)
P3: ALO (1:52.709 L53)
CF1T best: P15 KOV (1:55.106 L47)

Quick description
Only night race on the F1 calendar
High downforce track with very hot and humid climaticconditions.
In 2012 the track was resurfaced between T5 & T7 and a special"cleaning" machine was also used which appeared to mildly grind offthe upper layer of the bitumen making the surface quiteabrasive
The track is still very bumpy even after resurfacing in 2010,especially T13-14
The cars need high ride height to avoid bottoming and excessiveplank wear and they also run maximum suspension travel
Hard on brakes due to high temperatures but brake wear is notusually an issue
Kerbs were an issue in 2011 with many being removed or modifiedbetween sessions
Braking stability and traction are the major balance issues
Difficult to overtake
High fuel effect and high start fuel load. Highest pitlane deltaof the season.
Track was semi-wet beginning of P1 & P3 in 2010 and took along time to dry up
First gear is used in T3 and T13

Circuit particularity
Bumpiness: very high
Overtaking chance: low
Kerbs: medium / high
Ride height setting particularity: high ride height forbumps
Engine severity: low
Gearbox severity: very high
Lat / Long grip: longitudinal
Aero eff ratio: very low
Safety car history: 2012 - two (L33 - 38), 2011 - one (L29 - 33),2010 - two (L3 - 5, L32 - 35)
Track grip evo during w/e: very high
Aero settings: very high (max)
Brake wear severity: high
Brake cooling necessity: high

Driver Quotes

Charles Pic, car #20, chassis CT03-#06: "The Europeanseason's now over for 2013 and we're back to the flyaway races,starting with Singapore. For me this is one of the best races ofthe year. It's an amazing city and the fact we race at nightobviously makes the whole event unique. Last year was my first timeracing in Singapore and I had a good race, finishing16th - this time I'd obviously like to finish higher,but I'm sure it'll be another good week, whatever happens!

"One thing I know for sure is it's going to be busy! TonyFernandes is going to be in town and we have lots of sponsor andteam partner activities taking place on and off track, so one ofthe challenges throughout the week is finding the time to step backfrom everything going on around us and focus on the main prioritywhich is having as strong a weekend as we can on track.

"Everyone will be talking about how hot and humid it's going tobe, but for me that's not really an issue. I like the heat - itgets very hot in France as well, even though it's never really ashumid as it is in Singapore, but we start preparing for races likeSingapore way back in winter with the hours put in training, andthen fine tuning the physical and mental preparation in the weekleading up to the race. I'll arrive earlier than I would for aEuropean race so I can start acclimatising to the heat, and myfluid intake over the week will increase each day to the pointwhere I'll take on up to five or six litres of liquid before therace starts. That's one of the keys to performing to the maximum -being properly hydrated means you can focus 100% in the car, andthat's vital around a circuit as technical as Singapore."

Giedo van der Garde, car #21, chassis CT03-#04: "Ihave really happy memories of Singapore as the last time I crossedthe finish line there in 2012 I won the GP2 sprint race andfinished Caterham Racing's season on a real high. That was all partof my preparation for F1 and with that experience of the Singaporecircuit under my belt I'm really excited about getting back outthere in an F1 car!

"The team have already warned me it's going to be a very busyweek! We're doing a load of sponsor events and Tony's going to beunveiling a new Caterham Car over the race weekend, and wheneverhe's on track, especially in South East Asia, there's always a realbuzz, so I think the whole week we're there will be one of the bestweeks of the year.

"On track it's a great challenge, both for me in the car and thewhole team. I obviously train and prepare for the heat, but theteam makes sure everyone's drinking enough water and that sleeppatterns stick to European time so we avoid any issues with jetlag.Once in the car I think this could be one of the circuits thatsuits us, a bit like Monaco. You need to have the confidence to beable to push around what are usually normal city streets, and Ithink we showed in Monaco that that sort of challenge is exactlywhat we like!"

Singapore Grand Prix Events

The new Caterham ultra-high performance roadcar concept willbe unveiled by Tony Fernandes, Chairman of Caterham Cars, andKamarudin Meranun, Co-Chairman, Caterham Group from 1500 - 1700 onFriday 20th September at the Pan PacificHotel, 7 Raffles Boulevard, Marina Square, Singapore. Tony andKamarudin will be joined by Caterham F1 Team drivers and seniorteam personnel, all of whom will be available forinterviews.

The concept is the first model to be designed and developedwith significant input from all of Caterham Group's specialistbusiness arms - Caterham Technology & Innovation, CaterhamComposites and Caterham F1 Team.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 21-9-2013 09:35 AM | 显示全部楼层

Friday in Singapore               

• Added: Fri 20 Sep, 2013

[url=]Share[/url]

Caterham Cars have a simple mantra - simplify and add lightness.For more information on the brand new AeroSeven concept car go tohttp://caterh.am/aeroseven

Weather
FP1: Dry; min / max track temp 33° - 31°, air temp 30° -29°
FP2: Dry; min / max track temp 30°, air temp 29°

FP1: VDG 1.52.920, 21st / PIC 1.53.647,22nd
FP2: VDG 1.49.434, 19th / PIC 1.49.526,20th

Total laps:
FP1: VDG 24 / PIC 23
FP2: VDG 34 / PIC 34

Runplan

FP1
1802 - 1804: Run 1, installation lap, 1 lap (medium tyres)
Changes: front / rear brake duct blanking
1823 - 1842: Run 2, 8 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: front wing flap angle, front / rear ride height, rearbrake duct blanking
1853 - 1906: Run 3, 6 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: front / rear ride height, rear anti-roll bar, rearbrake duct blanking
1914 - 1933: Run 4, 8 laps (medium tyres)

FP2
2132 - 2147: Run 1, 7 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: front / rear ride height, front / rear brake ductblanking
2157 - 2209: Run 2, 5 laps (supersoft tyres)
2217 - 2302: Run 3, 25 laps (supersoft / medium tyres)

FP1
1804 - 1806: Run 1, installation lap, 1 lap (medium tyres)
Changes: front / rear brake duct blanking
1824 - 1843: Run 2, 8 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: front / rear ride height, front wing flap angle, rearbrake duct blanking,
1852 - 1907: Run 3, 7 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: front wing flap angle, rear ride height
1915 - 1934: Run 4, 6 laps (medium tyres)

FP2
2132 - 2148: Run 1, 7 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: front wing flap angle, front / rear brake ductblanking
2158 - 2207: Run 2, 4 laps (supersoft tyres)
Changes: front brake duct blanking
2216 - 2302: Run 3, 23 laps including pitstop (medium /supersoft tyres)

Driver quotes

Charles Pic: "FP1 was ok but clearly there was morepace to be found. The main balance issue in the session wasundersteer, especially mid-corner on the first couple of runs, andunder braking it was too easy to lock the fronts. We made a bit ofprogress throughout the session but by the last run the rear tyreperformance had dropped off so it was a bit tricky to really judgewhere we'd moved forward.

"From the start of FP2 the car balance was a bit better. Thegrip levels on track had also improved but it was immediately clearfrom the times and how the car felt that the changes we'd made fromFP1 were taking us in the right direction. Despite that the frontswere still not there so we made another mechanical change for thefirst run on the supersofts and they came up to temperature ok butthere was still understeer, especially on entry to mid-corner, evenmore than the mediums.

"On the long runs the times were ok and the supersofts held uppretty well, but when they went off it was a big drop and we'llneed to manage that. I didn't really have a chance to push themediums hard at the end of the session so we'll need to look atthat again tonight."

Giedo van der Garde: "The first session was not toobad for me. Like Charles I had understeer on the first two runs andthe front tyres were just not biting. We also had some tractionissues which we didn't fully fix in FP1 but we made a ride heightchange for the last run and that was pretty positive.

"After FP1 we made some changes to the ride height, front camberand front anti-roll bar and from the first run the front tyres wereworking better. The understeer I'd had in FP1 had turned to a bitof mid-corner oversteer - the entry into the corners was fine butthere was a bit of snap mid-corner so we added some more front wingfor the performance run. The supersofts were much quicker andeasier to drive and I think the first lap I had on them was good -there was a bit of understeer but not really enough to be a majorproblem.

"We did a very long run on the mediums to finish the session.The deg levels were ok until the final lap when they'd completelygone and then we switched to supersofts for the final stint. Whatwe've seen from them today gives us some interesting options towork through tonight and I'm sure we'll make more progresstomorrow.

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 21-9-2013 10:07 PM | 显示全部楼层

Saturday in Singapore               

• Added: Sat 21 Sep, 2013

[url=]Share[/url]

Four of the five largest retailers worldwide are powered byDell

Weather
FP3: Dry; min / max track temp 34° - 32°, air temp 30° -29°
Q1: Dry; min / max track temp 31°, air temp 29°

FP3: VDG 1.48.931, 19th / PIC 1.49.037,20th
Q1: PIC 1.48.111, 19th / VDG 1.48.320,20th

Total laps:
FP3: VDG 17 / PIC 18
Q1: PIC 6 / VDG 6

Runplan

FP3
1802 - 1816: Run 1, 7 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: rear ride height, front wing flap angle
1826 - 1839: Run 2, 6 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: front / rear ride height, front wing flap angle
1852 - 1902: Run 3, 5 laps (supersoft tyres)

Q1
2106 - 2113: Run 1, 3 laps (supersoft tyres)
2116 -2122: Run 2, 3 laps (supersoft tyres)

FP3
1803 - 1818: Run 1, 7 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: front / rear ride height
1826 - 1838: Run 2, 6 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: front / rear ride height, front wing flap angle
1851 - 1900: Run 3, 4 laps (supersoft tyres)

Q1
2106 - 2112: Run 1, 3 laps (supersoft tyres)
2116 -2122: Run 2, 3 laps (supersoft tyres)

Driver quotes

Charles Pic: "We made a number of changes overnightfor FP3 but on the first run it felt like we'd gone too much to therear with the balance so the car felt unstable. We'd gone frompredominantly understeer on Friday to too much oversteer onSaturday and even though the aero balance improved throughout thesession the mechanical balance was still too much rearwards.

"In quali we waited for the first batch of cars to head out andthen went for the first run on a new set of supersofts. The balancestill wasn't right, now the car had gone back to understeer but inthe end the first run was ok and with the way the car was behavingI probably couldn't have found too much more in qualifying. Thegood thing is that we have around seven tenths advantage over theMarussias and that's good for us in the race as it means we canlook at the fight ahead, not back. I'm looking forward to tomorrowas it'll definitely be exciting and with the number of safety carsthere's been here over the years anything could happen."

Giedo van der Garde: "FP3 wasn't too bad - wedefinitely made some progress from Friday and even though there wasstill some of the understeer and front locking we'd had in FP1 andFP2 the car felt better. By the performance run at the end of thesession I was pretty happy with where we'd got to so I wasreasonably confident for qualifying.

"In Q1 we went for two runs on supersofts of one flying lapeach. My first run was ok but I had a bit of traffic so I knewthere was more time to come. On my second run I was pushing hardand just touched the wall which cost me a little bit of time, butoverall I guess where we finished is ok. The main thing for theteam is the gap we have to the cars behind so now it's all aboutthe race, making sure we avoid any problems and be there to takeadvantage of anything that comes our way."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 22-9-2013 04:47 PM | 显示全部楼层
                                                                                        RENAULT ENERGY F1 TO POWER CATERHAM F1 TEAM FROM 2014

Marina Bay Street Circuit, Singapore - 22nd September

- Renault will continue to power Caterham F1 Team in 2014 and beyond

- Caterham will use the Renault Energy F1 Power Unit, the V6 turbocharged engine equipped with potent energy recovery systems

- The extended partnership will see Renault and Caterham F1 Team work together for a further three years in F1

- Caterham F1 Team has used Renault power since 2011

- Caterham Cars and Alpine, a brand under the auspices of the Renault-Nissan Alliance, formed a Joint Venture in November 2012 to develop a new range of lightweight roadcars

Renault Sport F1 and Caterham F1 Team are delighted to confirm the extension of their partnership in the FIA Formula One World Championship for a further three years.

From next year, Caterham F1 Team will be equipped with the Renault Energy F1, a cutting edge power plant designed for the radical new 2014 technical regulations. The Energy F1 unites a V6 turbocharged direct injection internal combustion engine with two motor generator units that harvest energy dissipated in the exhaust gasses and brakes and deploy as both electrical and mechanical power. When combined the energy systems and engine will produce more power than the current V8 engines, however will be more than 35% more energy efficient thanks to technical and sporting regulations that prescribe a fuel flow limit of 100kg/h and maximum quantity of 100kg permitted per race.

The Anglo-Malaysian team and the French manufacturer first teamed up for the 2011 FIA Formula One World Championship, with the Renault RS27 V8 engine powering the team in subsequent seasons.

Jean-Michel Jalinier, President and Managing Director of Renault Sport F1 commented, ‘Over the past three years we have seen Caterham mature, with impressive new facilities and a solid technical structure. The new technical regulations provide a big challenge, but with change comes opportunity and next year is a prime chance for the team to secure the next targets in its ongoing plans. From the very start our partnership has been comprehensive and it is therefore natural that we would want to see it pay dividends. We are very happy with the quality and depth of the teams we will supply and look forward to seeing the first generation of Energy F1-powered cars hit the track next year.’

Cyril Abiteboul, Team Principal, Caterham F1 Team added: ‘This announcement is obviously very good news for our F1 team and is a reflection of the deep bonds that have been created between our two businesses since 2011, particularly with the roadcar project we launched in 2012 between Caterham and Alpine, which is now at an advanced stage in development.

‘The 2014 season heralds a new era for F1 with our sport taking a positive stance in aligning itself with the technical changes in the global automotive industry, and Renault is right at the cutting edge of that development. When our F1 partnership began in 2011 we, as a young team, were immediately impressed by the various benefits of the collaboration on our operations, and since then we are relentlessly pushing them even further. Given the age and status of our team we have also been pleased to see Renault Sport F1 adapting their operational practices to suit our size and optimizing our integration with an enhanced technical collaboration. We work together in an open and honest manner to help Caterham F1 Team achieve its short-term goal of establishing itself as an integral part of F1 and to help Renault achieve the deserved recognition of its technical edge.

‘The depth of our partnership will certainly pay dividends in 2014, helping us tackle the new regulations quickly and efficiently, helping to give us the best opportunity to continue our progress up the grid in 2014 and beyond

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

所属分类: 爱车专区

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

版权所有 © 1996-2023 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd (483575-W)|IPSERVERONE 提供云主机|广告刊登|关于我们|私隐权|免控|投诉|联络|脸书|佳礼资讯网

GMT+8, 21-5-2024 10:41 PM , Processed in 0.077940 second(s), 22 queries , Gzip On.