佳礼资讯网

找回密码
 注册

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主: maocheng

Caterham F1 Era End

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 11-5-2013 10:10 PM | 显示全部楼层

•                                                                 News                    
                        Saturday at Catalunya               

• Added: Sat 11 May, 2013

Caterham F1 Team Partner information
In 2012, EADS, global leader in aerospace, defence and relatedservices, comprising Airbus, Astrium, Cassidian and Eurocopter -generated revenues of 本帖最后由 maocheng 于 11-5-2013 10:15 PM 编辑

回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 12-5-2013 11:41 PM | 显示全部楼层
SPANISH GRAND PRIX 2013

Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain - 12th May 2013   

Caterham F1 Team Partner Information
                                                When Richard Branson’s Virgin Atlantic used jet biofuel for the first time ever in-flight, GE was there. GE’s CF6 engine used a biofuel based on coconut and babassu oil.

Weather
                                                Race: Overcast, dry, air temp 20° / track temp 39° (start), 20° / 38° (lap 33), 20° / 39° (lap 66)

Runplan

Charles Pic
                                                Lap 8: pitstop 1
                                                Lap 23: pitstop 2
                                                Lap 41: pitstop 3
                                                Finished: 17th  
                                                Fastest lap: 1.29.362 (lap 43)

Giedo van der Garde

Lap 9: pitstop 1
                                                Lap 20: pitstop 2
                                                Lap 21: retired

Team Quotes

Charles Pic, car 20, chassis CT03-#6: “I’m really happy with today’s performance. Finishing 17th doesn’t really tell the whole story as we ended the race right behind one of the Williams cars which shows that we’ve made some good progress this weekend. The blue flags didn’t help as without them I’d have had a much better chance of overtaking him, but it was still good that I could attack him in the last few laps. The car felt great for the whole race, particularly after my third stop when we went for a 25 lap final stint on the hard tyres and I was able to manage the degradation levels well which meant I could push right to the flag.

“It’s good to have a Sunday like this as I hadn’t really been able to get the most out of the new package on Friday or Saturday, but it felt good right from the first lap today. There’s still more to come from the parts we brought here, quite a bit more in fact, so we’ll work on that back at the factory and see how much more we can extract for the next race in Monaco. That’s obviously going to be busy for me and the whole team, but after seeing the pace we had today, more to come from the race five update and the fact the team has been strong there in the past, I think it could be a really interesting weekend for us.”

Giedo van der Garde, car 21, chassis CT03-#4: “It’s obviously such a shame that my race ended like it did today, but sometimes these things happen. I’d had a great start and was fighting with Button and both Williams cars through the first couple of stints The car felt great, really good and I was definitely having the best of the season so far. When I came in for my second stop I could feel that there was a problem with the left rear as soon as I rejoined the track. At some point the wheel came off so I tried to make it back to the garage to see if I could continue, but once the team had taken a close look it was clear I had to retire the car.

“As I say, it’s a shame but it’s another lesson for me and the team. Sometimes you don’t have the luck, but we have a lot of positives to take from this weekend. The updates on the car are working well, and we have more to come. Our race pace is really good, strong enough to fight with a few cars ahead and my quali performance was easily my best this year. Next up we go to Monaco, a track I know well and one where I was on the podium twice last year in GP2, and in Formula Renault 3.5, so another qualifying performance like I had in Spain, and a race like I had until retiring today, and I think we can do well.

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 20-5-2013 11:38 PM | 显示全部楼层
MONACO GRAND PRIXVIEW
                                                                                                        Leafield Technical Centre, UK - 20th May 2013  

General
                                                        Race Laps: 78
                                                        2012 Air/Track temp (°C): 21/32
                                                        2012 Pitlane altitude (m): 2
                                                        2012 ATM Press (HPA): 1000
                                                        2012 Hum (%): 40
                                                        2012 Wind (kph): NNE 10

2012 Timing
                                                        Qualifying
                                                        P1: MSC (1:14.301 Q3)
                                                        P2: WEB (1:14.381 Q3)
                                                        P3: ROS (1:14.448 Q3)
                                                        CF1T best: P18 KOV (1:16.538 Q1)

2012 Race
                                                        P1: WEB (1:18.805 L45)
                                                        P2: ROS (1:18.977 L46)
                                                        P3: ALO (1:18.857 L45)
                                                        CF1T best: P13 KOV (1:19.305 L76)

Quick description
                                                        Needs high brake cooling to avoid calipers overheating, but brake wear is not an issue
                                                        Maximum downforce needed, compared to better efficiency aero package
                                                        Very low grip, especially on Thursday FP1 and Saturday in FP3
                                                        Track improves considerably over race weekend
                                                        All setup changes between sessions are usually overshadowed by track improvement
                                                        Highest percentage of low speed corners of all circuits
                                                        T6 is the season's slowest corner
                                                        Track was partly resurfaced in 2010 and 2011 and bumps were removed in 2012

Circuit Particularity
                                                        Bumpiness: medium
                                                        Overtaking chance: low
                                                        Kerbs: low / medium
                                                        Ride height setting particularity: no need for much higher ride height than standard tracks (compared to previous years)
                                                        Engine severity: very low
                                                        Gearbox severity: very high
                                                        Lat/Long grip: longitudinal
                                                        Aero eff ratio: very low
                                                        Track grip evo during w/e: very high
                                                        Aero settings: very high (max)
                                                        Brake wear severity: medium / high
                                                        Brake cooling necessity: very high

Safety car history
                                                        2012: 1 (2-4)
                                                        2011: 2 (34-36, 69-72)
                                                        2010: 4 (1-6, 31-33, 43-45,75-78)

Driver Quotes

Charles Pic: “Monaco is a great race and a track I’ve won on before in Formula Renault 3.5 and in GP2. It's one of the two city street circuit races and there’s a lot of history there. I think for every driver and fan it's one of the best races of the year. It's not an easy race because you can’t make any mistakes at all during the weekend, but it's also why we love it and why Monaco is so special.

“For the car it's completely different than almost any other track, so we are running with a different setup there to optimise the mechanical grip. It's always fun on track, but it’s busy for the drivers and as it's right next to France there are a lot of French fans and I'm sure it will be good entertainment for them and everyone who goes. We don't have a race in France at the moment so Monaco’s the nearest place to see F1 for all the French fans who really do love our sport.

“It's true that Monaco, like Singapore is really tough. You can hope that it can be a good chance for you to finish in a good position, but with such a tight circuit and so many chances for something to happen it’s something we can’t control so we have to be focused on optimising the car, extracting 100 per cent for qualifying and then focusing on the race. We’ll have to make sure we go the right way on tyre choice and strategy, and then we’ll see. We’ve definitely been improving over the last couple of races, so the aim is to carry that through to Monaco.”

Giedo van der Garde: “Monaco is one of my favourite races of the year. For me the track is very special, it holds a lot of great memories as over the last few years I've been on the podium every time I’ve raced there. It’s a pretty mad weekend, with a lot of guests and fans everywhere, closer than you see anywhere else in the season, but once you’re in the car it’s very important to have a good flow or you’ll lose time and increase the chance of making a mistake.

“It takes a few laps for the car to really to come in and of course for me this year it will be another new experience with the F1 car, but I'll get the flow back quickly and I have a good team around me so everything should go well.

“Monaco’s also a place where the smaller teams, like us, can do something special. It’s a shorter lap than many of the other tracks we race on, and everyone has to run as much downforce as possible, so outright speed isn’t the key. You need good traction to really attack the exits of the corners, and the package we introduced in Spain had exactly that, so what we want to do is build on the progress we made in Spain, show a bit more of our potential, and with a bit of luck we can come close to the top 10.”

"It's going to be hard to tell if our car will work well there. Last year the team had quite good results so there is good hope. I think the driver is very important there to have a good flow, and we'll see what we can do."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 23-5-2013 11:22 PM | 显示全部楼层
Monaco Grand Prix 2013 - FP1 and FP2
                                                                                                        Monaco – Thursday 23rd May 2013

As with the British Royal wedding in 2012, CNN also broadcast Prince Albert's Royal Wedding in Monaco to a huge global audience.

Weather
                                                        FP1: Dry, sunny; track temp 31°, air temp 23°
                                                        FP2: Dry, sunny track temp 44°, air temp 22°

Fastest laps / positions:
                                                        FP1: VDG 1.19.203, 19th / PIC 1.19.438, 20th
                                                        FP2: PIC 1.18.212, 20th / VDG 1.19.031, 22nd  

Total laps:
                                                        FP1: VDG 21 / PIC 28
                                                        FP2: PIC 44  / VDG 31

Runplan

Charles Pic, car #20, chassis CT03-06

FP1
                                                        1002 – 1006: Run 1, installation lap, 1 lap (soft tyres)
                                                        Changes: rear brake duct blanking
                                                        1037 – 1049: Run 2, 8 laps (soft tyres)
                                                        Changes: front wing flap angle, rear ride height
                                                        1056 – 1108: Run 3, 8 laps (soft tyres)
                                                        Changes: front wing flap angle
                                                        1124 – 1135: Run 4, 6 laps (x tyres)

FP2
                                                        1402 – 1412: Run 1, 7 laps (soft tyres)
                                                        Changes: n/a
                                                        1424 – 1433: Run 2, 6 laps (supersoft tyres)
                                                        Changes: front / rear brake blanking
                                                        1442 – 1509: Run 3, 19 laps (supersoft tyres)
                                                        Changes: front / rear brake blanking
                                                        1516 – 1534: Run 4, 12 laps (soft tyres)

Giedo van der Garde, car #21, chassis CT03-04

FP1
                                                        1002 – 1006: Run 1, installation lap, 2 laps (soft tyres)
                                                        Changes: brake balance, front / rear brake duct blanking
                                                        1042 – 1058: Run 2, 10 laps (soft tyres)
                                                        Changes: front anti-roll bar
                                                        1114 – 1117: Run 3, 1 lap (soft tyres)
                                                        Changes: brake balance
                                                        1122 – 1135: Run 4, 8 laps (soft tyres)

FP2
                                                        1401 – 1414: Run 1, 8 laps (soft tyres)
                                                        1431 – 1439: Run 2, 4 laps (supersoft tyres)
                                                        Changes: front / rear brake duct blanking
                                                        1506 – 1535: Run 3, 19 laps (supersoft tyres)

Driver quotes

Charles Pic: “FP1 for me was ok. The steering felt a little light on the installation lap so we adjusted that, and then worked on dialling out the understeer I had on the first full run, and by run three we’d found a pretty good balance.

“That continued into the afternoon session and I’m pretty happy with how it ended. I didn’t get a clean run on the supersofts but on the long run we did on the options we found that we had quite good deg, good enough to give us some options for Sunday and the car felt good throughout the whole run.

“We ran an aero test last week, to help sort out a couple of the issues we found with the new package in Spain and in FP1 we ran further aero evaluation on what we learned at the straightline test. The initial results are good and that will give us even more to work on tonight, and give us more potential performance to extract tomorrow and on Sunday.

“Another really good thing today was that we found a balance that worked on both compounds quickly, so we were able to get everything we could out of both sessions. We didn’t have any issues that held us up, especially compared to the number of small problems we had in FP1 and FP2 in Spain, so that’s put us in a better position for Saturday and Sunday than we’ve been in all season.”

Giedo van der Garde: “I definitely enjoyed my first day in an F1 car in Monaco and I think we’ve made some good progress today. In FP1 the grip levels on track were as low as you’d expect, but it came in pretty well and by the end of the session it was possible to push round the whole lap. We had some issues with front locking and unfortunately I damaged a front wing on my third run, but other than that it was fine. We improved the traction throughout the session and started to dial out the oversteer I had on the first couple of runs.

“In FP2 the car immediately felt better after we’d made a couple of setup and parts changes, and the hotter track conditions helped the tyres come in more quickly so my first run was good. We went onto the supersofts and waited for a gap in the traffic but then on my quick lap the red flags came out when Romain’s accident damaged the barriers. That was bad timing as I was definitely on my fastest lap of the day and I think we’d have been looking at a time around the mid-1.17s, more representative of our real pace today. But, FP1 and FP2 aren’t about the quickest laps. They’re about what we did today which was work through the program, start to understand how to manage the tyres and generate as much data as we can for the guys to work on at the track and back at the factory. I’m sure Saturday we’ll show what we can do around here and I think the tyre strategies are going to make it very interesting!”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 26-5-2013 12:02 AM | 显示全部楼层
                                                                                        Monaco Grand Prix 2013 - FP3 & Qualifying
                                                        Dell have been ranked in top five of Newsweek’s Greenest Companies in America for the past three years

Weather
                                                        FP3: Dry, sunny; min / max track temp 28° - 29°, air temp 18°
                                                        Q1: Overcast, light rain; track temp 21°, air temp 17°
                                                        Q2: Overcast, light rain; track temp 21°, air temp 16°

FP3: PIC 1.17.902, 19th / VDG 1.18. 102, 20th   
                                                        Q1: VDG: 1.26.095, 16th / PIC 1.26.633, 18th   
                                                        Q2: VDG: 1.19.408, 15th

Total laps:
                                                        FP3: PIC 20 / VDG 20
                                                        Q1: VDG 13 / PIC 13
                                                        Q2: VDG 8

Runplan

FP3
                                                        1104 – 1117: Run 1, 9 laps (soft tyres)
                                                        Changes: rear brake duct blanking, front anti-roll bar
                                                        1129 – 1138: Run 2, 6 laps (soft tyres) RED FLAG
                                                        1151 – 1201 Run 3, 5 laps (supersoft tyres)

Q1
                                                        1400 – 1415: Run 1, x laps (intermediate tyres)
                                                        1415 – 1422: Run 2, x laps (intermediate tyres)

FP3
                                                        1104 – 1116: Run 1, 8 laps (soft tyres)
                                                        1127 – 1138: Run 2, 7 laps (soft tyres) RED FLAG
                                                        1152 – 1200: Run 3, 5 laps (supersoft tyres)

Q1
                                                        1400 – 1415: Run 1, 9 laps (intermediate tyres)
                                                        1415 – 1421: Run 2, 4 laps (intermediate tyres)

Q2
                                                        1427 – 1435: Run 1, 3 laps (intermediate tyres)
                                                        1435 – 1444: Run 2, 5 laps (supersoft tyres)

Team Quotes

Charles Pic: “First I want to say well done to Giedo and the whole team for the job everyone did today. It’s obviously a bit disappointing I wasn’t with my teammate in Q2 but it was very close and the team did a good job to give us both a chance today.

“This morning, FP3 was all about understeer for me. We started the session with quite a long run on the softs and the car was understeering everywhere, so we spent most of the session trying to dial that out and get a better balance. By the end of the session it was improving but even on the supersofts I still wasn’t really getting everything out of it.

“In quali we went out early, first cars on track, and put in a good run on the inters with the times coming down throughout the session. We made the call to come in for a new set of inters with about five minutes left of Q1 but I couldn’t quite get enough out in the last sector due to traffic, but 18th is still OK around Monaco. We’ve had good pace on the long runs here, and very good degradation levels on the tyres, so let’s see what happens tomorrow.”

Giedo van der Garde: “I’m obviously very pleased to put my name into the Q2 timesheets for the first time this year and I want to thank Tony, Cyril and the whole team for the jobs everyone did today. Honestly, it’s a great feeling, but it’s still part of the learning process for me. I’ve said since the start of the season that I’d make progress, and today showed how far we’ve all come in just six races, and there’s more to come.

“Saturday started pretty well and in FP3 we went out for a long-ish run on the softs straight away but, like Charles, for me the car was understeering a lot. I was having to use throttle to help turn the car so we made a couple of mechanical changes and from then it was a bit better, but the tyres weren’t really coming in as much as we’d have liked, so we tried another mechanical change for quali and the results are pretty obvious!

“In Q1 we went out very early as there were reports of more showers coming. As it turned out that wasn’t the case, but we timed the stop well and had about four more quick laps on the inters at the end of Q1, enough time to put myself into Q2.

“Q2 started with a bit more rain, so we again went for the inters, but after one lap I thought it was dry enough for slicks so we boxed, went onto the supersofts and was the first car to make the switch. For a while we were looking at Q3, but that’s not where we are performance-wise yet, so we’re all really happy with Q2.

“Sunday could be very interesting. I start between the two Williams cars of Bottas and Maldonado and I’ve had good starts all year, so hopefully I can have another good launch, avoid anything like the GP2 mess on Friday, and from there anything’s possible. I finished on the podium here last year in GP2 and, while that’s not going to happen this year, we will definitely be racing quite a few cars all afternoon.”

Cyril Abiteboul, Team Principal, Caterham F1 Team: “This is one of the good days, the best so far this year for our team. Personally, I’m proud of the work everyone is doing to give us moments like seeing Giedo’s name in Q2. He drove very well, showing how he much he keeps developing and how he’s brave enough to be the first driver out there to make the call to go for it on slicks in what were still very tricky conditions on track. Both he and Charles have been driving very well all weekend, minimising the mistakes and pushing when they need to and Charles was unlucky not to join Giedo in Q2. However, he also showed his talent by being right in the mix in Q1 until the flag fell and with the pace and racecraft he’s shown all year, particularly in Bahrain and Spain, he’ll be right in the action tomorrow.

“This is another small step in our ongoing development, another reason why we are all here working so hard to be part of the show, and I want everyone in our team to use this as another source of motivation for Sunday and the rest of the season. We obviously have the main task ahead of us tomorrow, but days like this are why we’re in this sport, and to have our first Q2 of the year when Tony’s on track with us makes this a very special day.”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 27-5-2013 12:27 AM | 显示全部楼层
    Monaco Grand Prix - Sunday 26th May 2013

In 2012, EADS, global leader in aerospace, defence and related services comprising Airbus, Astrium, Cassidian and Eurocopter, generated revenues of
回复

使用道具 举报

Follow Us
 楼主| 发表于 30-5-2013 11:06 PM | 显示全部楼层
                                                                                        CANADIAN GRAND PRIXVIEW
                                                                                                        Leafield Technical Centre, UK - 31st May 2013  

General
                                                        Race Laps: 70
                                                        Circuit Length: 4.361 km
                                                        Race Distance: 305.270 km
                                                        Lap Record: R Barrichello, 1:13.622 (2004)
                                                        2011 Air / Track temp (°c): 21 / 27
                                                        Pitlane altitude (m): 8

2012 Timing

Qualifying
                                                        P1: VET (1:13.784 Q3)
                                                        P2: ALO (1:14.087 Q3)
                                                        P3: MAS (1:14.151 Q3)
                                                        CF1T best: P18 KOV (1:16.263)
                                                        CF1T delta to best Q1 lap: +2.479 (103.2%)

Race
                                                        P1: HAM (1:17.020 L69)
                                                        P2: GRO (1:17.264 L57)
                                                        P3: PER (1:16.414 L67)
                                                        CF1T best: P18 KOV (1:18.128, L62)
                                                        CF1T delta to best race lap: +1.108 (101.4%)

Quick description
                                                        Very high brake energy track, therefore critical in terms of brake wear and cooling
                                                        Track surface is very smooth with very low grip which is hard on tyres
                                                        High track improvement on Friday
                                                        Longitudinal track with several major traction points
                                                        Braking stability is critical, particularly in T8 & T10 due to bumps
                                                        Ability to ride kerbs and maximise top speed are both important for quick lap times
                                                        Track was partly re-surfaced in 2010 but no major difference from 2008 layout

Circuit Particularity
                                                        Bumpiness: bumpy
                                                        Overtaking chance: T10, T13
                                                        Kerbs: medium / high
                                                        Ride height setting particularity: none
                                                        Engine severity: medium
                                                        Gearbox severity: high
                                                        Aero eff ratio: high
                                                        Safety car history: 2012 - 0; 2011 - 4 (8/12,20/34,37/40,56/60); 2010 - 0
                                                        Track grip evo during w/e: medium
                                                        Aero settings: medium / low
                                                        Brake wear severity: very high
                                                        Brake cooling necessity: high

Driver Quotes

Alexander Rossi, driving FP1 at the 2013 Canadian Grand Prix: “After Monaco I was home in the States for the first time since January, preparing for my FP1 session at the Canadian GP, and then for the start of my Le Mans work straight after Montreal! Looking back, Monaco wasn’t a great weekend for us in GP2 with Caterham Racing, but we’ll bounce back at Silverstone. We know the areas that we need to improve the situation.

“Returning to F1 action is obviously another important step in the plan I’ve worked over a decade for and I take all the opportunities I get very seriously. This will be my first outing in the CT03 and on the 2013 Pirelli tyres in F1 and it’s good that my 2013 F1 debut is on North American soil, in front of a crowd who are seriously passionate about F1 and really know what our sport is all about. I’ve raced and won in Montreal back in Formula BMW and I enjoy the circuit a lot - it will be a special feeling to play an active role in the race weekend with the team.

“Even though FP1 sessions always seem to be over in the blink of an eye, it’ll be good to play an important part in the team’s work on track. I was last in an F1 car in the CT02 2012 car in Abu Dhabi, last November for the young driver test so I’m looking forward to see how far the car has progressed since then. This year for the F1 team I’ve done aero testing, simulation work and I drove at the team’s filming day, so this will be a good session for me to use what I learnt about the car in the sim and the aero tests as a comparison to help the team progress this weekend. It will be all about working to the run plan for the session and helping the team set the car up for the race drivers for the rest of the weekend.

“I leave Montreal on Friday evening, straight after FP2 and head back to Europe for the first Le Mans sessions. That’s another boxed ticked on my list of things for my CV. It’s great to be taking part in one of the great races with a team that’s already been successful in endurance racing, and to help a bunch of Caterham guys I already know well. Like F1, my aim in the first few days with the Le Mans team will be to learn as much I can and build up to the performance, adding value where it counts. It’s a huge honour to be able to take part and it’s something I’ll remember for ever, but first my main priority is F1.”

Charles Pic, car #20: “Straight after Monaco it’s on to another French speaking race as we go to Montreal for the Canadian Grand Prix. Last year was my first time racing in Canada and I have to say it was one of the best races of the year, maybe not so much for the final result but for the atmosphere on track which was really good. We go to a few races where the track is full of fans from Thursday morning, and Montreal is one of those. I guess having Jacques and Gilles Villeneuve as locals to have supported in the past means F1 is very special to fans in Montreal, but whatever the reasons, they love F1!

“On track it’s a very good challenge. It’s a semi-street circuit, with the barriers very close for most of the lap, and it’s a very technical circuit. The track surface is smooth and on Friday morning there’s very little grip. It does evolve over the weekend but it’s still hard on tyres all weekend so managing deg levels is going to be even more important than normal. It’s also very hard on brakes – there’s a couple of very heavy braking zones and you need to be able to really attack those to get the best laptime in, so we’ll also be working a lot in the practice sessions on maximising braking stability and, depending on what the weather does, brake cooling.

“You also need to be able to attack the kerbs, both to maintain speed and to save time, so that’ll be another area we’ll look at in FP1 and FP2, making sure we can really hit the kerbs hard without losing stability and balance. If you get all that right it’s a very satisfying feeling when you get to the end of the lap as it’s quick,  a lap that feels really good in an F1 car!”

Giedo van der Garde, car #21: “Next up it’s Canada, a track I’ve never raced at but one I went to last year with Caterham as Reserve Driver. I sat in on all the briefings and debriefs last year so I have quite a bit of information about what it’s going to be like from 2012, and I’ve spent quite a bit of time on my sim at home trying the track, but you obviously don’t really know what it’s like until you drive around it, but it will only take a couple of laps to get used to it.

“What I do remember from last year was how hardcore the fans are in Montreal! We have a couple of big North American sponsors, so the team had a lot of guests in the paddock and in the grandstands, but I remember that from early on Thursday morning the whole place was packed! In the city itself it was the same – there’s one street where the whole place is shut down for the race weekend and we had a team dinner there on the Saturday night. It was a fantastic atmosphere, a lot like it is at home in Holland for big sports events, so I felt really comfortable there and am excited about getting back, this time to race!

“On track I think it’ll be interesting to see where we are after Monaco. I was glad to bring the car home, but after the best Saturday of the year so far we obviously wanted to finish higher up. Even with that, there were some good signs in the race that we are making decent progress. Personally, for me it was another step in the learning curve, and for the team in general we saw that we’d fixed the rear wing issue we’d found in Barcelona, and had enough pace to get the car into Q2 and to record one of the fastest laps in the race in the early stages. Montreal is a medium to low downforce track and with the constant updates we’re making to the package we took to Spain, I think we could be ok.”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 8-6-2013 09:29 AM | 显示全部楼层

Friday in Canada               

• Added: Fri 7 Jun, 2013

[url=]Share[/url]

Weather
FP1: Overcast, wet track at start and drying out throughsession; min / max track temp 15° - 16°, air temp 15° -16°
FP2: Overcast, dry; track temp 19°, air temp 17°

FP1: VDG 1.25.753, 18th / RSS 1.27.143,20th
FP2: PIC 1.17.236, 20th / VDG 1.18.392,22nd

Total laps:
FP1: VDG 21 / RSS 20
FP2: PIC 35  / VDG 39

Runplan

Alexander Rossi, car #20, chassis CT03-#06

FP1
1002 - 1005: Run 1, installation lap, 1 lap (wet tyres)
1035 - 1047: Run 2, 7 laps (wet tyres)
Changes: rear wing, front / rear ride height, front wing flapangle
1102 - 1113: Run 3, 6 laps (intermediate tyres)
1122 - 1133: Run 4, 6 laps (medium tyres)

Charles Pic, car #20, chassis CT03-#04

FP2
1402 - 1411: Run 1, 6 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: front wing flap angle, rear brake duct blanking
1420 - 1430: Run 2, 7 laps (medium tyres)
1440 - 1450: Run 3, 6 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: front brake duct blanking, front anti-roll bar
1459 - 1508: Run 4, 6 laps (supersoft tyres)
1518 - 1532: Run 5, 10 laps (supersoft tyres)

Giedo van der Garde, car #21, chassis CT03-#04

FP1
1003 - 1007: Run 1, installation lap, 1 lap (wet tyres)
Changes: front brake duct blanking
1035 - 1046: Run 2, 7 laps (wet tyres)
Changes: rear wing, front wing flap angle, brake balance, frontbrake duct blanking
1101 - 1111: Run 3, 6 laps (intermediate tyres)
Changes: front wing flap angle, front brake duct blanking
1121 - 1132: Run 4, 7 laps (medium tyres)

FP2
1402 - 1414: Run 1, 8 laps (medium tyres)
Changes: front wing flap angle, brake balance, rear brakeblanking, front torsion bar
1425 - 1434: Run 2, 6 laps (supersoft tyres)
1441 - 1457: Run 3, 11 laps (medium tyres)
1510 - 1532: Run 4, 14 laps (supersoft tyres)

Driver quotes

Alexander Rossi: "It was great to get back into F1action and to do so in Canada, at a track I've raced and won at inthe past in Formula BMW, was a good feeling. We've been keeping aneye on the weather forecasts for the last week, so we knew it wasgoing to be wet, but it was still good experience to run on wets,inters and slicks, giving me the chance to try out the full rangeof tyres that I haven't driven before in F1. After the installationlap I wanted to go straight back out again as, for me, moving upfrom GP2 grip levels to F1, even though the track was wet to startwith, there was still so much more grip than I'm used to that Iwanted to get on with it, but the main thing today was working tothe plan and that's exactly what we did.

"Now it's straight back to Europe for the next 'first' for methis year, Le Mans. The plan is all focused on F1 but I'm excitedabout adding endurance racing to my CV and I'm with an experiencedteam, with a number of people from Caterham who I know and havealready worked with, so I know we can put in a good performance.It's another learning curve, but, like today in the wet / dryconditions, I know how to adapt to what's in front of me andthat'll come in very handy for my Le Mans experience."

Charles Pic: "I'm reasonably pleased with how FP2went. On my first run the car had too much understeer so we tried acouple of aero and mechanical changes for the next runs and by runfour, on the supersofts, we'd found a good balance, one I couldstart to push with. We might have gone a little too far on thefront as the car was turning in well by the last run, but we lost abit of mid-corner stability so we'll have to look at that tonightand see where we can improve tomorrow. On the long runs the deglevels and pace looked ok on both compounds but Sunday's going tobe hotter than either Friday or Saturday, which will suit us more,so even if we don't find another good step before Sunday, I thinkwe can maintain the race pace we've shown since Bahrain."

Giedo van der Garde: "FP1 was a bit like being backin Monaco! Wet to start with, then onto inters and then slicks andI have to say it was pretty good to be driving out there inconditions that kept changing.

"Both sessions for me were dominated by understeer, but towardsthe end of FP2 we'd found a really good setup on the long runs. Ididn't have a clean go at the performance run, but on bothcompounds on heavy fuel I was really enjoying driving the car.There was a bit of power understeer coming in but it wasn't reallydamaging the tyres too much so it looks like we've found a gooddirection for Sunday.

"We also tried our new traffic light pitstop system for thefirst time today and that's another good sign of how the whole teamkeeps making progress. In the last couple of races I've been ableto show how much more confidence I have in the car and my ownperformance, and, as a rookie, when you see the team investing insomething like the traffic light system, something that will helpus perform even better in the races, it all adds to the confidencelevels. Bearing in mind it's the first time we've ever used it thesystem worked really well, and talking to the boys, it's clearthey're pumped about having something that can help them performbetter on race day - it all makes this a good place to be workingright now!"

回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 9-6-2013 04:42 PM | 显示全部楼层
Saturday in Canada                                                   
  • Added: Sat 8 Jun, 2013

[url=]Share[/url]

FP3 / Qualifying Report - Saturday 8th June2013

GE power generation equipment creates a quarter of the world'selectricity daily

Weather
FP3: Overcast, damp; track temp 15°, air temp 15°
Q1: Very light rain, track temp 16°, air temp 16°

FP3: VDG 1.23.132, 18th / PIC 1.23.620,20th
Q1: PIC 1.25.626, 18th / VDG 1.27.110,22nd

Total laps:
FP3: VDG 14 / PIC 12
Q1: PIC 10 / VDG 10

Runplan

FP3
1030 - 1038: Run 1, 5 laps (intermediate tyres)
Changes: front wing flap angle, front / rear ride height
1051 - 1058: Run 2, 3 laps (intermediate tyres)
Pitstop
1058 - 1103: Run 3, 4 laps (supersoft tyres)

Q1
1300 - 1302: Run 1, 1 lap (supersoft tyres)
1304 - 1311: Run 2, 4 laps (intermediate tyres)
1312 - 1320: Run 3, 5 laps (intermediate tyres)

FP3
1030 - 1038: Run 1, 5 laps (intermediate tyres)
1048 - 1058: Run 2, 5 laps (intermediate tyres)
Pitstop
1058 - 1101: Run 3, 4 laps (supersoft tyres)

Q1
1300 - 1302: Run 1, 1 lap (supersoft tyres)
1304 - 1312: Run 2, 6 laps (intermediate tyres)
1313 - 1320: Run 3, 4 laps (intermediate tyres)

Driver quotes

Charles Pic: "It's been a pretty good day for me.We changed the plan for FP3 when the session was delayed andcontinued the progress we made yesterday with a decent balance forquali. That worked out well in Q1 as it meant I had a car I couldreally push with and ending up ahead of a Lotus and both Marussiasmeans we've achieved today's target.

"I think the race is going to be really interesting. We haven'thad any running yet in the sort of temperatures we're expecting fortomorrow so we really don't know too much about how the tyres willdegrade, but we found a good balance yesterday on the long runs onboth dry compounds and we have a lot of sets left so we can maybetry something different with the strategy. Even though this trackis tough on wear rates on the tyres we've been able to look afterthem pretty well and that gives us options for the race that we canwork on tonight."

Giedo van der Garde: "FP3 was good for me, eventhough it was obviously cut short, but we found a balance for qualion the inters and managed to get a couple of laps in on thesupersofts at the end.

"After a good FP3 quali really didn't go to plan. We went outearly on inters, one of the first on track, and the times keptcoming down as the dry line started to appear, but it was neverright for slicks as it had been at the last race in Monaco. We wentonto a new set of inters with a few minutes left but then, on myquickest lap I made a pretty big mistake that cost me about 1.5seconds, and then on my final lap I had to back off for a yellowflag and that meant I couldn't put in a really representative time.It's a shame as the car felt good and I'm enjoying the circuit,particularly in these sorts of conditions, but we know we havedecent race pace so we'll put today behind us and move ontoSunday."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 10-6-2013 10:01 AM | 显示全部楼层
Sunday in Canada                                                   
  • Added: Sun 9 Jun, 2013

[url=]Share[/url]

Weather
Race: Sunny, air temp 24° / track temp 34° (start), 24°/ 34° (lap 35), 24° / 31° (lap 70)

Runplan
Charles Pic
Start on supersoft tyres
Lap 11: pitstop 1, medium tyres
Lap 36: pitstop 2, medium tyres
Finished: 18th

Giedo van der Garde
Start on supersoft tyres
Lap 8: pitstop 1, medium tyres
Lap 32: pitstop 2, medium tyres
Lap 38: stop and go penalty
Lap 40: pitstop 4, medium tyres
DNF

Quotes

Charles Pic, car 20, chassis CT03-#6: "My startwas ok but into the first corner I had to brake early to avoidhitting one of the cars ahead and lost a couple of places.

"We went onto the mediums for the second stint and they held upwell. The car balance kept improving as we went through the raceand we stuck to the plan, pitting for the last time on lap 37 so wecould run a long final stint to the flag.

"With about ten laps left I caught and passed Chilton and wasgiven the instruction to push to the flag. From that point Icouldn't really gain on the car ahead so I just made sure we got tothe end without any issues and finished the race18th."

Giedo van der Garde, car 21, chassis CT03-#4:"Today wasn't a good day for me. I want to say sorry to Mark forthe incident we had and I'll make sure I learn from the stewards'decision on the five-place penalty for the next race. Sometimes youmake mistakes, but the important thing is to accept them, learnfrom them and move on.

"In the race itself I had a great start, passed four cars andwas up to 17th by lap two. We'd started on thesupersofts and the first set were done pretty quickly so we boxedon lap eight for a set of mediums and my pace on those for thefirst few laps was ok. I'm not sure why but not long into the stintthe tyre temperatures started coming down and my laptimes droppedstraight away. It was pretty frustrating as there was nothing Icould do to get them to work so I just had to keep pushing on.

"On lap 33 I came back in for another set of mediums but then Ihad to box for the stop / go I had from the contact with Mark. Thetemperatures went straight up after the penalty and I had to comeback in almost immediately so we could check the car and they founda visor tear-off in one of the radiators which had been causingproblems for most of the race.

"Shortly after that I was heading towards the hairpin withHulkenberg alongside. I moved over for him but he turned in infront of me in the braking zone and we made contact and that wasthe end of my race."

Cyril Abiteboul, Team Principal, Caterham F1 Team:"A very bad day for us, to say the least. Since the start of theweekend we had a feeling that the race would be difficult for anumber of reasons. First, in terms of aerodynamic setup, we nevermanaged to find the right compromise between top speed anddownforce with the parts available. We spent a lot of time on thisissue, maybe losing sight of other important areas like the tyresand to what extent the very different weather conditions we had onthe earlier part of the weekend and on Sunday and how dramaticallythat would affect tyre behaviour in the race. This is an area wemust particularly investigate as our direct competitors went for adifferent strategy that clearly gave them an edge.

"The high tyre degradation, especially on Giedo's car, meantthat he received his first blue flag very early in the race andthat contributed to the unfortunate events in the race that wenever want to see as a team.

"Today's race in Canada put a rather radical stop to thepositive trend we have seen since Bahrain, and we have to reversethat for Silverstone and come back fighting there. We will have newparts for the British Grand Prix and we're running another aerotest next week, so we hopefully have the chance to makeamends."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 26-6-2013 12:33 AM | 显示全部楼层

Caterham F1[英国F1 VIEW ] 最新报:1211楼

BRITISH GRAND PRIXVIEW

Leafield Technical Centre, UK - 25th June 2013  

General
                                                Race Laps: 52
                                                Pitlane altitude (m): 102
                                                2012 air / track temp (
°c): 25 / 31
                                                2012 ATM pressure (HPA): 990
                                                2012 humidity (%): 45
                                                2012 wind (kph): NNE 20

Timing
                                                2012 Qualifying (wet)
                                                P1: ALO (1:51.746 Q3)
                                                P2: WEB (1:51.793 Q3)
                                                P3: MSC (1:52.020 Q3)
                                                CF1T best: P19 PET (1:49.027 Q1)

2012 Race
                                                P1: WEB (1:34.340) L49
                                                P2: ALO (1:35.385) L49
                                                P3: VET (1:34.897) L52
                                                CF1T best: P17 KOV (1:38.050) L37

Quick description
                                                High fuel effect and one the most “lateral grip” tracks on the calendar
                                                Generally low grip
                                                Very easy on brakes
                                                Overtaking is difficult
                                                Wind has a big effect on top speed which can be reached either in T9, T11 or T15
                                                Starting grid on old low grip tarmac up to P18
                                                S3 and pitlane entry remain wet longer than the rest of the track
                                                Track partly re-surfaced in 2011

Circuit Particularity
                                                Bumpiness: medium / high
                                                Kerbs: smooth
                                                Ride height setting particularity: limited by bumps
                                                Engine severity: low
                                                Gearbox severity: low
                                                Lat/Long grip: lateral
                                                Aero eff ratio: medium / high
                                                Safety car history: 2012- none, 2011 – none, 2010- 1(28-30)
                                                Track grip evo during w/e: medium / high
                                                Aero settings: high
                                                Brake wear severity: very low
                                                Brake cooling necessity: low

Driver Quotes

Giedo van der Garde, car #21, CT03-#04: “Silverstone’s next up and it’ll be another very busy weekend for us. For us, like quite a few of the teams, the British Grand Prix is a home race so it’s one everyone looks forward to. In fact I’m pretty lucky – we have Malaysia and Silverstone as home races for the team and, for me, Spa will also count as a home race as that’ll be where most Dutch fans go, so I get three chances a year to race in front of our biggest supporters!

“The track itself is obviously one we know really well. I’ve been racing there for many years, I won in 2008 in Formula Renault 3.5 but didn’t have so much luck in the last couple of years in GP2 so the aim is to turn that around, and get back to the progress we saw on track in Spain. We’ve spent a lot of time in the simulator at Leafield around Silverstone and, even with the changes they made to the F1 layout a couple of years ago, I’ve driven a lot of kilometres around there so there’s no surprises. Like everywhere else it’ll be interesting to see how the tyres behave – the track evolves quite a bit over the weekend so we’ll be looking to manage that as well as possible so we have room to play with strategy on Sunday.

“It’s also going to be a pretty busy weekend outside the cockpit. We have various team partner events throughout the week and then Charles, Cyril and I are heading back to Leafield after quali on Saturday to go and catch up with the factory team and their families. As we’re racing so close to the factory it’s one of the few chances we have in the season when both Charles and I are in the UK together so it’ll be cool to go and see the guys who work so hard back at base and thank them for what they do. Whatever happens on track it’s going to be a good week!”

Charles Pic, car #20, CT03-#06: “Next we have our second home race of the season and my second F1 race at Silverstone. I won at Silverstone in Renault World Series a couple of times back in 2008 / 2009 and even though the track was reshaped since then it’s still a circuit I know very well, and one I really enjoy racing on.

“The British Grand Prix is one of the races, like Canada and Germany, which is a real favourite for the fans. It’s a pretty special feeling seeing how many people are on track on Thursday when the cars aren’t even running! The British fans just love F1 and as the race takes place so close to home for a lot of the guys in the team I know how much it means to them to do well there.

“For us it’s important to get back to the sort of progress we saw in Bahrain and Spain. We were running well in the race in Monaco until we had to retire the car, but Canada wasn’t a good weekend for us so everyone’s been working extremely hard to help us reverse what we saw in Montreal. Silverstone’s another quick track and it’s usually not too warm, but we’re doing a lot of work on setups and the session plans at Leafield before we get to the track, in the simulator and with the engineers, so we’re well prepared and I’m confident we can find the increased performance we saw in Barcelona.”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 28-6-2013 11:30 PM | 显示全部楼层
                                                                                        BRITISH GRAND PRIX FP1 & FP2

Silverstone, UK - 28th June 2013  

Dell has been ranked in the top five of Newsweek’s Greenest Companies in America for the past three years

Weather
                                                FP1: Overcast, light rain; min / max track temp 16° - 18°, air temp 17° - 18°
                                                FP2: Overcast, dry; min / max track temp 19°, air temp 21°

FP1: VDG 1.58.859, 8th / PIC n/a, 20th
                                                FP2: VDG 1.35.984, 19th / PIC 1.36.079, 20th

Total laps:
                                                FP1: VDG 6 / PIC 3
                                                FP2: VDG 35 / PIC 32

Runplan

FP1
                                                1009 – 1012: Run 1, installation lap, 1 lap (wet tyres)
                                                1121 – 1126: Run 2, 2 laps (wet tyres)
                                                Incident at T18 ends session

FP2
                                                1402 – 1404: Run 1, 2 laps (intermediate tyres)
                                                Changes: front wing flap angle, brake balance, front brake duct blanking
                                                1412 – 1430: Run 2, 7 laps (hard tyres)
                                                Changes: front wing flap angle, front / rear brake duct blanking
                                                1438 – 1447: Run 3, 5 laps (medium tyres)
                                                1456 – 1533: Run 4, 21 laps (hard tyres)

FP1
                                                1009 – 1012: Run 1, installation lap, 1 lap (wet tyres)
                                                1120 – 1131: Run 2, 5 laps (wet tyres)

FP2
                                                1404 – 1407: Run 1, 3 laps (intermediate tyres)
                                                Changes: front wing flap angle, brake balance, front brake duct blanking
                                                1414 – 1429: Run 2, 6 laps (hard tyres)
                                                1443 – 1452: Run 3, 5 laps (medium tyres)
                                                1459 – 1532: Run 4, 18 laps (medium tyres)

Driver quotes

Charles Pic: “We knew from the forecasts that FP1 would be affected by the weather but it made the whole session pretty worthless. The installation lap was fine but then we waited until about ten minutes to go when there were quite a few other cars on track and unfortunately I went off in the last corner. We obviously didn’t lose much time relative to the other cars as everybody had stayed in the garage, and when we got the car back we found everything was ok so it didn’t affect our preparations for FP2.

“FP2 was dry, still colder than it looks like it’ll be on Saturday or Sunday, but we completed a good number of laps and have a lot to work on tonight. We’ve found a balance I’m happy with and the grip levels are good from the outlap – we need to work on the low speed traction as we’re lacking a bit in that area, but deg levels look manageable, especially with the prime, so overall I think we’re going ok here.”

Giedo van der Garde: “The morning session was obviously affected by the rain which is a shame, both for the fans who packed out the stands, and for us with the plan we’d set for FP1. We wanted to run through a few aero evaluations, particularly as we have a couple of new updates to the floor here, but with the track as wet as it was, and no sign of the rain stopping, we played it safe in the morning.

“In the afternoon it was much better weather and we had a pretty good session. We had to try and make up some of the time we lost in FP1 and, while we couldn’t run the full aero tests, we were still able to make some decent progress throughout the session. The GP2 cars had helped dry the track a bit so we were able to push from the first run and we ended up with a fairly good balance on both compounds. We’re seeing a bit too much oversteer on the mediums, especially in the low speed corners, but not in the high speeds – there the car feels balanced and that’s positive, something for us to work on tonight.”

Ends

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 29-6-2013 09:43 PM | 显示全部楼层

Saturday at Silverstone               

• Added: Sat 29 Jun, 2013

[url=]Share[/url]

Globally GE is at work moving, powering, building and curing withover 40,000 engineers and scientists, filing over 20,000 patents inthe last decade

Weather
FP3: Overcast, dry, windy; min / max track temp 19° - 24°,air temp 16° - 17°
Q1: Sunny: min / max track temp 30°, air temp 19°

FP3: PIC 1.34.971, 19th / VDG1.37.443, 22nd
Q1: PIC 1.33.866, 19th / VDG 1.35.481,21st

Total laps:
FP3: PIC 18 / VDG 19
Q1: PIC 6 / VDG 3

Runplan

FP3
1005 - 1015: Run 1, 7 laps (hard tyres)
1028 - 1041: Run 2, 6 laps (hard tyres)
1053 - 1133: Run 3, 5 laps (medium tyres)

Q1
1304 - 1314: Run 1, 3 laps (medium tyres)
1317 - 1323: Run 2, 3 laps (medium tyres)

FP3
1006 - 1017: Run 1, 7 laps (hard tyres)
Changes: front wing flap angle, rear brake blanking
1029 - 1044: Run 2, 8 laps (hard tyres)
1052 - 1101: Run 3, 4 laps (medium tyres)

Q1
1317 - 1322: Run 1, 3 laps (medium tyres)

Driver quotes

Charles Pic: "The final lap in quali is one of mybest laps of the year so far so I'm very pleased with how today'sgone. We made some good progress in FP3 with the balance and thatcarried over to qualifying, and breaking into the 1.33s andfinishing ahead of the Marussias was about as much as we aimed fortoday, so it's gone to plan.

"It changes from race to race but it does look like we have asmall advantage over our nearest rivals this weekend, but havingseen good race pace all year I'd like to think we'll be fightingwith a couple of cars ahead as well in the race tomorrow. We'vebeen close to the Williams cars this year in a few races so with agood start, decent deg levels and no reliability issues tomorrowcould be a good day."

Giedo van der Garde: "It's been an interesting dayas we ran a different plan to the normal FP3 and then did just theone run in quali. It's finally dry so we used some of FP3 for aeroevaluation and then switched to race prep, bearing in mind thepenalty from the last race which meant we knew pretty much wherewe'd end up in quali. We worked a lot on managing the tyredegradation, not really looking at quali at all but we still endedup beating one of the Marussia cars in quali which was a bonus, butreally today's all been about getting ready for Sunday. I thinkwe're in pretty good shape now and after the work we did today thedegradation levels look manageable, even with the warmer trackconditions we had today and which it looks like we'll havetomorrow, and we have a good setup for the race so let's see whathappens."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 1-7-2013 12:07 AM | 显示全部楼层
2013 BRITISH GRAND PRIX

Silverstone, UK - 28th June 2013  

Weather
                                                Race: Sunny, windy, air temp 21° / track temp 32° (start), 21° / 31° (lap 26), 22° / 34° (lap x)

Runplan
                                                Charles Pic
                                                Start on hard tyres
                                                Lap 15: pitstop 1, hard tyres
                                                Lap 34: pitstop 2, medium tyres
                                                Finished: 15th
                                                Fastest lap: 1.37.091 (lap 52)

Giedo van der Garde
                                                Start on hard tyres
                                                Lap 10: pitstop 1, hard tyres
                                                Lap 28: pitstop 2, medium tyres
                                                Lap 40: pitstop 3, medium tyres
                                                Finished 18th
                                                Fastest lap: 1.38.722 (lap 50)

Team Quotes

Charles Pic, car 20, chassis CT03-#6: “I think that was a pretty good race, I’m pleased with how it went. We were managing the tyre deg for most of the afternoon but just before the last safety car came out I was ahead of Bottas and looking at an exciting last few laps. We finally ended up 15th which is not too bad, and we were comfortably ahead of our nearest competitors so it’s a reasonably positive result, despite losing a lot of the gains we’d made when the second safety car came out.

“For me this has been a good weekend, one where we’ve started to get a bit back to the performance levels we saw in Bahrain and Spain. The pitstops were good, we ran to a strategy that gave me a chance to fight the Williams cars until the flag and we have a lot more information about the updates we brought here, both from today and the aero work we did yesterday. Overall this puts us in a much better position than we were in when we left Canada so now we’ll go straight to Germany and aim to continue this upward curve there.”

Giedo van der Garde, car 21, chassis CT03-#4: “That was a bit of a frustrating afternoon to be honest, but there wasn’t much more I could do. We started the race running with a strategy we’d begun yesterday in FP3 and in quali which was all about managing the tyre deg as long as possible so we could take advantage of anything that happened ahead. The plan was running ok and we were on target for managing the deg levels but then the first safety car came out and as we’d already boxed we effectively lost track time to everyone who hadn’t stopped. With the position we were in then in the race there wasn’t a lot more we could do so we continued with the plan and it was working ok for the last stint, but then we had the second safety car straight after I’d stopped again so it was back to where we’d been at the start.

“As we only had a few laps left and I was on new mediums I was able to push to the flag and had a good battle with Chilton right until we crossed the line, practically together. I did pass him with a couple of laps left, but it was very tight on track and I had to give the place back which is obviously a shame, but we had a clean fight and without the safety cars I think I’d have been clear of him.

“Even though we went into this weekend knowing we had a fight on our hands I think we’ve made a bit of progress, getting us nearer to where we want to be relative to our nearest rivals. Next it’s Germany on a track I like racing on and, coming straight after Silverstone, we can keep pushing on. That’s what this season’s all about, keep learning, keep fighting and never give up.”

Cyril Abiteboul, Team Principal, Caterham F1 Team: “I’m certainly happier leaving our second home race of the season than I was when we left Montreal, but we must work continue to work, harder than ever. Seeing Charles towards the end of the race with clear air between him and the Marussia behind, and targeting a fight with Bottas and Gutierrez is a sign that we’re getting back to the performance level we are targeting for this season. However, it is quite frustrating that with such an eventful race we weren’t able to use this as an opportunity to record a more positive result.

“After a couple of particularly frustrating races with the repeated DNFs and the low point of Montreal, I see this weekend as a restart of the season. The team is now fully operational, between the track and the factory, between the drivers and the engineers, with our technical partners, to make the most out of the package available. We all feel that there is more performance to get out of it, and we must now switch to attack mode to see what we can deliver at tracks that are more suited to the characteristics of our car.”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2-7-2013 04:28 PM | 显示全部楼层
Leafield Technical Centre, UK - 2nd July 2013  

General
                                                Race Laps: 60
                                                Pitlane altitude (m): 578
                                                2011 air / track temp (file:///C:/Users/THOMAS%7E1.WEB/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.pngC): 13 / 20
                                                2011 ATM pressure (HPA): 942
                                                2011 humidity (%): 65
                                                2011 wind (kph): W24

Timing
                                                2011 Qualifying  
                                                P1: WEB (1:30.079 Q3)
                                                P2: HAM (1:30.134 Q3)
                                                P3: VET (1:30.216 Q3)

2011 Race
                                                P1: HAM (1:34.302 L59)
                                                P2: ALO (1:34.626 L60)
                                                P3: WEB (1:34.468 L60)

Quick description
                                                Primarily low to medium speed corners with no real high speed corners (except T5)
                                                Grip levels improve considerably during the race weekend
                                                Equivalent to Barcelona in terms of brake energy per lap time
                                                Quite bumpy in heavy braking zone into T1 and T13
                                                The weather can change very quickly
                                                First gear not used on track

Circuit Particularity
                                                Bumpiness: medium
                                                Kerbs: medium
                                                Ride height setting particularity: none
                                                Engine severity: medium
                                                Gearbox severity: high
                                                Aero eff ratio: medium
                                                Safety car history: 2011 – none
                                                Track grip evo during w/e: high
                                                Aero settings: high
                                                Brake wear severity: medium
                                                Brake cooling necessity: medium

Driver Quotes

Charles Pic, car #20, CT03-#06: “After quali in Silverstone Giedo, Cyril, Heikki and I went back to Leafield for a great staff and family event at the factory. They’d had a barbecue and then we took part in a q&a session with everyone who’d gone and one of the questions I was asked was what’s my favourite track to race on. The answer is Nurburgring and I explained that I don’t really know why it’s my favourite, it’s just the feeling I have racing there – it’s very special! I won there in Formula Renault 3.5 and I was on the podium in GP2 so it has a lot of happy memories for me and there’s just something about getting a lap right there that feels very good.

“In terms of the atmosphere it’s a bit like Silverstone. It’s always very busy, the stands are full and when you come into the stadium section it’s a bit like racing into a football arena. The fans can see a lot of the track so they have a great view and they really know about motorsport. I’ve not raced in F1 there yet – last year we were at Hockenheim, but I’m sure it’ll be a great weekend.

“I think the track should also suit us quite well. We made some progress in Silverstone, in quali when I put together the best qualifying lap of my season so far and in the race where we had better pace than we’d had for a couple of races, and we added a few new parts to the car, mainly around the floor. We’ll have a couple more small updates for Germany and it’ll be good to continue the positive trend we’ve regained since last week in the UK. We have a bit of a gap after Germany before Hungary so it’ll be good to leave the Nurburgring after a positive race, having got ourselves back to the performance levels we’ve targeted for this season.”

Giedo van der Garde, car #21, CT03-#04: “Germany is going to be a great race, partly because the track is relatively near home for me so there will be a lot of Dutch support there, and because it’s a track I’ve always gone well at. Throughout my career I’ve won races there in all categories – I know that’s not going to happen this year but, as a rookie, when you go to a track you know really well it means you’re on it right from the first lap and that helps us maximise the time we have in every session, as long as the weather stays dry which it looks like it should!

“It’ll be the first time for me around the Nurburgring in an F1 car but I last raced there in a GP2 car back in 2011 so I know quite a lot of what to expect. Like Spa the weather can change very quickly so we have to pay very close attention to the forecasts and, even though the track is used a lot outside F1 weekends, the grip levels still improve quite a bit over the weekend so the long run work we’ll do on Friday will be very important for the race. The track itself is mostly made up of low to medium speed corners – apart from T5 there’s not a lot of really high speed stuff but despite that it’s still a very good track to drive on. You can build up a good rhythm and that’s one of the keys to a good lap.”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 5-7-2013 10:10 PM | 显示全部楼层
GERMAN GRAND PRIX - FP1 / FP2

Dell products are available in more than 60,000 retail locations worldwide

Weather
                                                FP1: Overcast, dry; min / max track temp 19° - 23°, air temp 17° - 18°
                                                FP2: Overcast, dry; min / max track temp 19°, air temp 27° - 28°

FP1: PIC 1.35.674, 18th / VDG 1.36.078, 20th
                                                FP2: PIC 1.33.695, 19th / VDG 1.33.804, 20th

Total laps:
                                                FP1: PIC 23 / VDG 23
                                                FP2: PIC 38 / VDG 40

Runplan

Charles Pic, car #20, chassis CT03-05
                                                FP1 1002 – 1007: Run 1, installation lap, 2 laps (medium tyres)
                                                Changes: front wing flap angle, front / rear brake duct blanking
                                                1032 – 1049: Run 2, 9 laps (medium tyres)
                                                1106 – 1121: Run 3, 8 laps (medium tyres)
                                                1126 – 1133: Run 4, 4 laps (medium tyres)

FP2
                                                1401 – 1412: Run 1, 6 laps (medium tyres)
                                                Changes: rear anti-roll bar, front / rear brake duct blanking
                                                1416 – 1431: Run 2, 6 laps (medium tyres)
                                                1438 – 1447: Run 3, 5 laps (soft tyres)
                                                1456 – 1533: Run 4, 21 laps (soft tyres)

FP1
                                                1001 – 1006: Run 1, installation lap, 2 laps (medium tyres)
                                                1031 – 1045: Run 2, 7 laps (medium tyres)
                                                1059 – 1113: Run 3, 7 laps (medium tyres)
                                                1119 – 1133: Run 4, 7 laps (medium tyres)

FP2
                                                1401 – 1411: Run 1, 6 laps (medium tyres)
                                                1417 – 1427: Run 2, 5 laps (medium tyres)
                                                1434 – 1443: Run 3, 5 laps (soft tyres)
                                                1454 – 1534: Run 4, 24 laps (medium tyres)

Driver quotes

Charles Pic: “I said before we arrived here that this is my favourite track and I’m pleased we’ve had a good Friday here, a solid day where we’ve clearly made a bit of progress. We started FP1 with more aero work, running a couple of laps with flow-viz to continue the evaluation of the updates we brought to Silverstone and here where we have some more refinements to the brake ducts. After that we began the full programme and at the start we were having issues bringing the front tyres up to temperature. The track conditions were ok, cooler than it looks like it’ll be on Sunday, so that’ll obviously change the way the tyres behave in the race, but we worked on that on run three and made some progress in setup for tomorrow.

“Over lunch we made a couple of changes to ride height and the rear anti-roll bar and at the start of FP2 we went straight into a six lap first run and immediately found we had a better aero balance. That carried on to the performance run on the options and by then I was pretty happy with the way the car was performing. It was the same on the long runs. The pace was consistent on the options and good on the primes with pretty low deg on both and when the session finished I think everyone was quite happy with the work we did today.

“We definitely needed a clear Friday to help us catch up with the workload we had from Silverstone and back to Canada. Fridays are obviously so important and with the mileage we covered today we’ve set ourselves up well for Saturday and Sunday. Now we need to carry this momentum through to the rest of the weekend and with the race pace we have I’m really looking forward to seeing where we are on Sunday.”

Giedo van der Garde: “Overall it’s been a good day for us, starting with FP1 which was a good session. We ran a couple more aero programmes at the start and a number of new ideas across the car, including the brakes where we’ve gone for a new setup that looks like it’s working well as I was almost immediately able to brake later and harder. In general the first couple of runs were dominated by understeer so we spent a bit of time dialling that out and by the end of the session the car was behaving relatively well. One real positive from FP1 was something we tried on the rear that gave me good grip on the throttle on corner exits. This track is mostly low to medium speed corners so good traction out of them is important, so that’s something we’ll want to maintain for the whole weekend.

“For FP2 we started with a different floor, so we could run more comparison tests with the new version we had at Silverstone. The car still had a bit too much understeer but we made a couple of mechanical changes and by the time we tried the options for the first time the car was getting better and better. On the long run we had reasonable deg levels and by the end of the session I have to say I was pretty happy with where we were.

“We’ve had much better weather here than we had on Friday in Canada or Silverstone and that’s definitely helped us catch up with the aero work we needed to do. That’s given us a lot of data to work through tonight and we’ll aim to find another step tomorrow. It looks like we have some clear air to the team behind us and we’ve definitely made a bit of a gain to Williams here, so more hard work overnight and this could be a good weekend for us.”
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 6-7-2013 10:09 PM | 显示全部楼层
GERMAN GRAND PRIX - FP3 & QUALIFYING

Nurburgring, Germany - 6th July 2013

GE is ranked the world's third biggest public company (Forbes 2012) with annual revenues of over US$140 billion

Weather
                                                FP3: Dry, sunny; min / max track temp 29°, air temp 22°
                                                Q1: Dry, sunny; min / max track temp 36° (end of Q1) - 39° (start of Q1), air temp 23°

FP3: PIC 1.33.230, 19th / VDG 1.33.964, 21st   
                                                Q1: PIC 1.32.937, 19th / VDG 1.33.734, 22nd   

Total laps:
                                                FP3: PIC 19 / VDG 21
                                                Q1: PIC 8 / VDG 8

Runplan

Charles Pic, car #20, chassis CT03-05

FP3
                                                1103 – 1116: Run 1, 7 laps (medium tyres)
                                                Changes: front torsion bar
                                                1126 – 1138: Run 2, 7 laps (medium tyres)
                                                1151 – 1159: Run 3, 5 laps (soft tyres)

Q1
                                                1403 – 1415: Run 1, 5 laps (soft tyres)
                                                1417 – 1423: Run 2, 3 laps (soft tyres)

FP3
                                                1104 – 1117: Run 1, 7 laps (medium tyres)
                                                Changes: brake balance, front brake duct blanking
                                                1124 – 1139: Run 2, 8 laps (medium tyres)
                                                1151 – 1200: Run 3, 6 laps (soft tyres)

Q1
                                                1402 – 1412: Run 1, 5 laps (soft tyres)
                                                1417 – 1423: Run 2, 3 laps (soft tyres)

Driver quotes

Charles Pic: “The focus for FP3 was more work on seeing how the track was evolving and preparing for quali. Carrying on from a good day yesterday and the work we did overnight we started the session with more front grip than I’d had in either Friday session and an improved balance overall. We had to make a small adjustment for the stronger wind on track today but the car felt good for the whole session and the deg levels we saw were positive. On the performance run the balance felt good so we were feeling pretty positive about quali.

“In qualifying we went for two runs on new softs. On the first run we the quick lap was pretty good but I was called to the weighbridge at the end of that run and we had an issue with the starter motor. The pitcrew had to push me back to the garage but we’d decided to go for a one lap second run anyway so we just had time to get the car back, fire it up and get back on track.

“On the final lap my pace was good but we were held up with traffic in the second sector which maybe cost us a couple of tenths, but we still finished ahead of our nearest rivals in 19th and that was the target. I do want to say thanks to the pitcrew for doing a great job to get me back to the garage and out for the final lap – a few of them have been running the tracks this year and that work paid off!”

Giedo van der Garde: “Friday had gone ok and having been through all the data from yesterday we made a few changes overnight for FP3. In the morning session we were doing some work for quali and the race and the session went ok but we were still having issues getting the front tyres up to temperature fast enough. On the first run I still had some of the understeer that had been the main balance issue yesterday, but it was now only really in the high speed section in S3, so we made a couple more mechanical changes for the next run and the balance improved. We went onto the softs for the performance run but I was still having problems with tyre temps so I didn’t really have a chance to get the maximum out of them on the first lap on the softs, but despite that it still felt like we’d made some progress from Friday.

“When quali started we went out pretty early and on the first run I had two clear laps to post a time. The first run was ok and the tyres were coming in better than they had in FP3 so we went for one quick lap on the second run. We went out with a couple of minutes left in the session but the tyres weren’t working for most of the first half of the lap and, even though the second half was much better, I’d still lost enough time in S1 that I couldn’t really get any more out of it.

“However, I think we have a decent car for tomorrow and our long run pace has been pretty good, so we’ll aim for a clean start and see how it unfolds on Sunday.”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 7-7-2013 11:10 PM | 显示全部楼层
GERMAN GRAND PRIX 2013

Nürburgring, Germany - 7th July 2013  

CNN’s annual German Journalist Awards celebrates young journalism and has attracted thousands of high-quality entries from across Germany, Austria and Switzerland

Weather
                                                Race: dry, sunny,  air temp 24° / track temp 42° (start), 25° / 44° (lap 30), 25° / 45° (lap 60)

Runplan
                                                Charles Pic
                                                Start on soft tyres
                                                Lap 4: pitstop 1, medium tyres
                                                Lap 24: pitstop 2, medium tyres
                                                Lap 34: pitstop 3, medium tyres
                                                Finished: 17th
                                                Fastest lap: 1.37.584 (lap 51)

Giedo van der Garde
                                                Start on soft tyres
                                                Lap 5: pitstop 1, medium tyres
                                                Lap 19: pitstop 2, medium tyres
                                                Lap 38: pitstop 3, medium tyres
                                                Finished: 18th
                                                Fastest lap: 1.38.509 (lap 40)

Team Quotes

Charles Pic, car 20, chassis CT03-#6: “My start was ok – I passed Chilton but I had to brake hard in turn one and pretty soon I had a big vibration from the front right. We were always going to stop pretty early so we didn’t have to change strategy too much, coming in at the end of lap four to go onto the primes.

“In the second stint the deg level on the tyres was good. We were looking at stopping earlier to cover one of the Marussia pitstops but as the tyres were performing well we could stay out. For once we had some luck with the timing of the safety car and boxed for another set of mediums, coming out behind my teammate in 17th. As we’d changed the plan under the safety car I had to manage that second set of mediums and they were holding up well until I had a slow puncture on lap 35 and had to box unexpectedly.

“The unplanned stop obviously ruined the strategy which is a real shame as we would have been right up with the pack ahead who were all bunched up because of the safety car. That’s pretty frustrating but there’s not much you can do in those circumstances. Because of the stop I came back out last but passed Chilton and with a few laps to go I passed Giedo whose tyres were gone and from there it was just a question of getting it to the finish. ”

Giedo van der Garde, car 21, chassis CT03-#4: “I made a great start, passed two cars and then did Vergne on the first lap so by the end of lap one I was up to 17th. The car felt pretty good but we wanted to get the softs out of the way quickly so we stuck to the plan and came in early to go onto the mediums which had held up well on the long runs in practice.

“The first set of mediums was performing ok but we adapted the plan, pitting on lap 20 for another set of the harder compound. I’d just seen the first blue flags when the safety car came out so I was able to get the lap back and when the race restarted I was in 16th, behind Bottas’ Williams and Gutierrez, and ahead of Charles. From that point it was honestly a bit of a lonely race! I was focused on making sure I could get the car to the finish without any problems, and we didn’t have any more blue flags until towards the end of the race so it was all pretty trouble free.  

“I boxed again on lap 35 and from there it was all about bringing it home. That was a long final stint so the tyres were completely gone towards the end and my pace had dropped a lot, but both Charles and I were clear of our nearest rival so it was a pretty straight run to the flag with him.

“Despite the final place I think this was another small step for me. My tyre management in the race improved a bit today and I've been working on it all weekend. We now have a small break until the next race in Hungary so I have time to head back to the factory, do more work in the sim and come back in Hungary aiming to continue to progress.”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 16-7-2013 10:57 PM | 显示全部楼层
                                                                                        2013 SILVERSTONE YOUNG DRIVER TEST LINE-UP

Leafield Technology Centre, UK - 16th July 2013  

Caterham F1 Team Reserve Driver Alexander Rossi and his fellow Caterham Racing Academy driver Will Stevens will be behind the wheel of CT03 for days one and two respectively of the forthcoming Silverstone Young Driver Test. Race drivers Giedo van der Garde and Charles Pic are then planned to take over driving duties on day three to take advantage of the chance to run on the Pirelli tyres due to be tested at Silverstone.

The Silverstone Young Driver Test is a chance for Alexander Rossi to continue to build his 2013 F1 experience after the successful FP1 session he ran in Canada in early June and will be the first time Will Stevens, currently fourth in the Formula Renault 3.5 championship standings, will drive an F1 car.

Alexander Rossi: “Silverstone will be the second time this year I’ve driven the 2013 F1 car and it’ll be good to be back in the cockpit on a track I know very well. We have a busy workload ahead of us and I’m pleased I can both add this as another step in my development as an F1 driver, and help the team continue the push for the second half of the F1 season.”

Will Stevens: “Since the announcement was made about me joining the Caterham Racing Academy I’ve settled in quickly with the F1 team and they’ve made every effort to help me prepare fully for my first run in a F1 car on day two of the test. I spent quite a bit of time last week in the simulator so I’m comfortable with most of the systems I’ll be working with and, while obviously nothing can really prepare you for the first time you drive an F1 car, I’m as ready as I can be.”

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 18-7-2013 12:42 AM | 显示全部楼层
Silverstone Young Driver Test - Day 1 report

Driver: Alexander Rossi
Chassis: CT03-#05
Total laps: 69
Best lap: 1.35.651

Alexander Rossi: "It's been a productive day and Ithink we're all pleased we've completed such a good number of laps.Obviously for me today was another piece of the F1 jigsaw, addingmore experience of the 2013 car on top of the Canadian GP FP1session I did in June, but really my main priority was helping theteam continue the push towards the cars ahead.

"After the installation lap we were straight into the program,running through a number of test items in both the morning andafternoon sessions that will help the team in the coming races.

"We didn't have any reliability issues until late in the daywhen we had a hydraulics problem and that unfortunately meant Ididn't have a chance to put in a really quick lap, but we werestill able to complete most of the day's plan and that's good, forthe team and for me as it means we have both got pretty mucheverything we could from day one of the test."

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

所属分类: 爱车专区

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

版权所有 © 1996-2023 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd (483575-W)|IPSERVERONE 提供云主机|广告刊登|关于我们|私隐权|免控|投诉|联络|脸书|佳礼资讯网

GMT+8, 21-5-2024 07:48 PM , Processed in 0.095541 second(s), 20 queries , Gzip On.