Race distance:172.109km
Race length: 37 laps / 60mins
Circuit Length:4.655 Km
Tyre use:
Alexander: P Zero yellowsoft - pit to - P Zero orange hard
Rio: P Zero yellow soft -pit to - P Zero orange hard
Weather: Air temp 36˚C / tracktemp 42˚C - Dry
A Bitter Sweet Day for EQ8 CaterhamRacing
Following a re-start and avoiding a first corner incidentboth EQ8 Caterham Racing drivers calved their way through the GP2field with Rio and Alexander completing lap one fifth and sixthrespectively.
The Safety car was deployed on lap two with both driversbeing gifted a place as Evans was forced to pit. The EQ8 CaterhamRacing teammates then ran nose to tail until Rio pitted for thehard tyre on lap eight with Alexander following suit on lapnine.
Both drivers were looking strong, managing their tyres andmaintaining the pace for a top five finish when disaster struck onlap 19 and Alexander was forced to retire with a transmissionproblem.
Rio maintained his pace and following a battle with Pic inthe final throws of the race he brought his car home in fifthplace, scoring ten points - the team's first of the 2014 GP2season.
Rio Haryanto "I am really happyto score the first points of the season for the team and I am sorrythat Alexander was unable to finish the race.
"Starting 11th was not going to be easy but I gotoff the line well and was patient until turns three and four whereI overtook round the outside  getting up to up to fifthplace.
"When the safety car came out we had to decide on a pit stopstrategy, I decided to stay out a little longer in order to havegood tyres at the end of the race. This was the right thing to doas I had to defend hard on the last four laps."
"Overall a good day for me and I am very happy to be startingfrom the second row of the grid tomorrow."
Alexander Rossi "Trulyfrustrated - there is nothing else I can say. I had an awesomestart but got boxed in avoiding the accident at the first cornerwhich slowed my progress.
"Me and Rio were running together and as long as we werelapping at a good pace and still in touch with the leaders afterthe pit stop it made sense to work together and savetyres.
"It is just such a shame as the car felt good up until thetransmission failure and I definitely had the pace and the tyres tofight for a podium position."

回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 23-5-2014 09:03 PM | 显示全部楼层
FRONT ROW FOR RIO                                                   
  • Added:                Thu 22 May, 2014

Monte Carlo - 22/05/14
Practice - 12:00 - 12:45
Car # 18 - Rio Haryanto - P7 -1:21.935
Car #19 - Alexander Rossi - P10 - 1:22.183
Weather: Air temp  22˚C / Track temp 25˚C- Dry
Tyres: P Zero Soft

Qualifying - Group A - 16:15 -16:31                         Group B - 16:39 - 16:55
Car # 18 - Rio Haryanto - P1 (Group A) - 1:21.433
Car #19 - Alexander Rossi - P6 (Group B) - 1:22.146
Weather: Air temp 23˚C / Track temp 27˚C -Dry
Tyres: P Zero Super Soft

FRONT ROW FOR RIO HARYANTO IN MONACO
Delight for Caterham Racing as Rio Haryanto claims his firstfront row start of the 2014 season in Monaco.
GP2 qualifying in Monaco is split into sessions A and B with oddand even numbers running on the track separately to reducetraffic.
Following a successful morning practice Alexander Rossi wasfirst out on track for EQ8 Caterham Racing in group A. His earlypace was promising as he went second fastest but as his rear tyreslet go he could not improve his time, ending the session sixthfastest with a time of 1:22.146.
Rio was next up as group B hit the track and despite a slowstart due to yellow flags he found clean air setting the fastesttime of his group on lap nine with a time of1:21.433, putting himon the front row for tomorrows GP2 Feature race.
Rio Haryanto "I had a really good qualifyingsession here in Monaco and to get pole position in my group is sucha great feeling for me and the team.
"At the beginning of the session there were lots of yellow flagsand I did not manage to put a lap together but I kept myself calmand got two clear laps which is rare around here and that was it, abanzai lap and I got it right.
"I will start second on the grid tomorrow alongside Palmer so Ineed to get a good start, keep my head down and go for a podium ora win. We have a good car so anything is possible."
Alexander Rossi "Group A was never the idealplace to be with most of the quick drivers in that group. I thinkthe car was ok, we are obviously missing quite a bit compared topole and the fact that Rio was quickest in his group means that wecan compare that data and have a benchmark to work from.
"In general it was not a very good day for me at but I think Iwill start 11th tomorrow, it is close to a point scoringposition so hopefully we can have a good first lap, a good strategyand get into the top five to make something out of the weekend.This Is Monaco - anything can happen!"

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 25-5-2014 09:34 AM | 显示全部楼层
Monaco Feature Race                                                   
  • Added:                Fri 23 May, 2014

Monte Carlo - 23/05/14
Car # 18 - Rio Haryanto - P7
Car #19 - Alexander Rossi - P16
Circuit Length:  3.340 km
Race length:  42 laps or 60 minutes
Tyre use:
Alexander: P Zero Soft pit to P Zero Supersoft
Rio: P Zero Soft pit to P Zero Supersoft
Weather: Air temp 26˚C / track temp 31˚C -Drying
Following an uncharacteristically clean start to the Monaco GP2Feature race it was back to normal proceedings from lap two with asafety car and a red flag causing a 45 minute stoppage and are-start with 30 laps left to run.
Rio took the re-start in seventh place with Alexander hot on hisheels in ninth but bad luck struck again for the Americana as hewas forced to take a drive through penalty for a racing incidentleaving him fighting for 18th place.
With 15 laps remaining a second safety car was deployed and Riotook the opportunity to pit for the super soft tyre re-joining intenth place. With two further incidents at the front of the fieldRio gained a few places, taking the chequered flag in seventhscoring six points and giving him a front row start for racetwo.
Alexander kept his head down posting the second fastest lap ofthe race and finishing in sixteenth position.
Rio is now tenth in the Championship with sixteen points withthe team tenth in the standings.
Rio Haryanto "I started P5 and I didn't make aperfect start dropping two places into the first corner but I knewit would be a long race and I didn't want it to end there. At thebeginning I struggled a little with understeer but we were able tomake a few changes on the car during the red flag which helped mefor the second half.
"When the second safety car came out I made a pit stop for tyresbut as some cars had made the stop before the red flag they wereable to jump me when I left the pits.
"Finishing seventh is great for tomorrow as I will start on thefront row of the grid and from there I will make the most of theopportunity to win.
"I am also pleased to have scored six more points for the teamtoday as they have given me a very good car this weekend."
Alexander Rossi "Two years in a row here inMonaco we have had an interesting race!
"My start was good, I was up to tenth and made a pass for ninthinto the hairpin which I was quite pleased with. The red flag didnot really affect us much but then I was given a drive throughpenalty which I disagree with as the hairpin is the slowest corneron the race calendar. If you try and go too wide through there onthe outside there is just not enough steering lock, I had the lineso I don't really see it as fair but I obviously had to take thepenalty.
"The drive through pretty much ruined my race otherwise we wereon target for potential top five finish which was our goal afterqualifying. From that point of view we can be happy with how thecar worked and we had second fastest lap by one tenth and I wasnever in clean air.
"Tomorrow I will start sixteenth. I will push hard to make thetop eight and get my first point of the year."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 21-6-2014 07:27 PM | 显示全部楼层
A close run thing                                                   
  • Added:                Fri 20 Jun, 2014

Red Bull Ring - 20.06.14
Car #18 - Rio Haryanto - P14 - 1:16.620
Car #19 - Alexander Rossi - P11 - 1:16.544
Weather: Air temp 16˚C / Track temp 23˚C -Dry
Qualifying - 15:55 - 16:25
Car #18 - Rio Haryanto - P13 - 1:15.811
Car #19 - Alexander Rossi - P9 - 1:15.644
Weather: Air temp 17˚C / Track temp 32˚C -Dry
The fourth round of the 2014 GP2 season takes place at the RedBull Ring in Spielberg and as a new venue for both drivers andteams, along with the threat of rain, qualifying was a closerun thing.
Both Alexander and Rio adapted well to the new track, enjoyingthe fast and flowing nature of the 4.326 km circuit and with onesecond covering the top 21 cars tomorrow's Feature Racepromises to be a thriller.
Alexander Rossi "We had really good pace inpractice this morning, running in the top three on our qualifyingsetup so I am a little disappointed with ninth place thisafternoon. However, it is so close, with just three tenths of asecond separating me and pole, we can't be too downbeat aboutit.
"The race runs we did in practice were very positive and theconditions varied quite a bit today, so tomorrow remains a bit ofan unknown but this is a great track and I am really enjoyingdriving here.
"The best thing about this track is the speed, and unusually fora quick track there are quite a few passing areas so it should bean exciting race tomorrow."
Rio Haryanto "This is my first time at the RedBull Ring and I struggled a little bit today in both practice andqualifying.
"I improved my lap time significantly during qualifying andtried everything I could on both new tyre runs. On my best lap Ihit traffic which lost me time in sector three but I still wasn'tquite quick enough to be on the front row of the grid today.
"In the race there is no reason we can't score points from13th on the grid as there are plenty of overtakingopportunities, especially at the exit of turns one and two, plus wealways have a good race strategy.
"I am of course a little bit disappointed with my qualifyingposition but I won't let it hold me back in the race tomorrow."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 22-6-2014 04:39 PM | 显示全部楼层
POLE FOR ALEXANDER ROSSI                                                   
  • Added:                Sat 21 Jun, 2014

POLE FOR ALEXANDER ROSSI IN GP2 SPRINT RACE
Red Bull Ring - 21/06/14
Car # 18 - Rio Haryanto - P11
Car #19 - Alexander Rossi - P8 - 4pts
Circuit Length:  4.326 km
Race distance: 173.040 km
Race length:  40 laps OR 60 minutes
Tyre use:
Alexander: P Zero soft to P Zero medium
Rio: P Zero medium to P Zero soft
Weather: Air temp 19˚C / track temp35˚C   
Alexander Rossi secured pole position for Sunday's GP2Sprint Race, bringing his EQ8 Caterham Racing car home in eighthplace at the inaugural Austrian GP2 race weekend.
Both Caterham Racing drivers chose different tyre strategieswith Rio making a blistering start on the medium compound,moving up behind his teammate on the drag to the firstcorner.  He then settled into clear air, pitting on lap 26 forthe soft tyre and taking the chequered flag just outside the pointsin 11th place.
Alexander Rossi "We made the decision to dosomething a bit different and go for the option to prime strategybut in the end I don't think it made much difference to the raceresult.
"I made up a couple of places on the first lap but struggledwith understeer throughout the race which was slightly worse on theoption than the prime. I'm not entirely happy with eighth but Ipushed as hard as I could from lights to flag. The big positivefrom the race was that we didn't experience as much tyredegradation as we have at previous races this year.
"From pole we are in a really good position for tomorrow's racebut I feel that we are still missing something that needs to beresolved before the sprint race tomorrow.
"It is great for me and the team to get some points on the boardand I can honestly say that this is one of my favourite tracks onthe GP2 calendar so far."
Rio Haryanto "This weekend is the first time Ihave raced here so it was always going to be a challenge.  Ihad a great start making up about four places off the line and Ihad some good battles during the first lap, moving into tenthplace.
"It was difficult as many of the cars around me were on adifferent strategy. I looked after my tyres at the start of therace but I wasn't quite quick enough to keep up with the leaders onthe option - prime strategy. I was very close to getting into apoint scoring position and was catching the top ten towards the endof the race but it was not quite enough.
"We are of course aiming to get some points tomorrow andit is good for Alex that he starts on the front row of the grid, soI wish him all the best in the race."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 6-7-2014 08:33 AM | 显示全部楼层
GP2 Feature Race                                                   
  • Added:                Sat 5 Jul, 2014

Silverstone Circuit - 05 /07/14
Car # 18 - Rio Haryanto - P21
Car #19 - Alexander Rossi - P12
Circuit Length: 5.891 km
Race distance: 170.705 km
Race length: 29 laps OR 60 minutes

Tyre use:
Alexander: P Zero medium to P Zero hard
Rio: P Zero hard to P Zero medium
Weather: Air temp 18˚C / track temp 30˚C
Having completed GP2 practice and qualifying in dry conditions,the unpredictable British weather spiced things up with heavy rainfor the duration of the morning, subsiding just before the GP2Feature Race, leaving greasy track conditions for the drivers tocontend with.
Rio lined up 14th on the grid with Alexander justbehind him in 16th and as Rio made anuncharacteristically slow getaway Alexander was boxed in, leadingto both drivers losing track position into turn one.
Running on different tyre strategies, Alexander pitted for theprime tyre on lap six with Rio changing to the option with ten lapsto go.
With 24 out of 26 GP2 cars finishing the race and without theusual safety car interruptions, Alexander was able to improve onhis starting position, crossing the line in 12th placewith Rio 21st.
Alexander Rossi "It was a difficult start asRio had a problem right in front of me, which meant I lost a coupleof spots off the line trying to get around him.
"I was lacking grip on the option tyre as I did in qualifying,so we pitted very early for the primes.
"After the stop the car felt ok on the hard tyre and we wererunning at a similar pace to the cars around us, so from that standpoint it was difficult to move forward and improve on our positionbut tomorrow I am confident that with a good start we can finish inthe points.
Rio Haryanto "I had a terrible start which isunusual for me but I was on the damp side of the grid and justcouldn't find the clutch biting point. I was last going into thefirst corner and managed to overtake a few cars on the opening lapbut from there I struggled for pace on the prime tyre.
"It was a disappointing day today and the main problem was thestart and I just lost too many places plus the track conditionswere also difficult with damp patches off line making overtakingmore difficult.
"Tomorrow starting from 21st is going to be a realchallenge, but you never know what will happen and I will still beaiming for points."

回复

使用道具 举报

Follow Us
 楼主| 发表于 20-7-2014 08:49 PM | 显示全部楼层
Success for Dillmann                                                   
  • Added:                Fri 18 Jul, 2014

Hockenheimring - 18/07/14
Car # 18 - Rio Haryanto - P15 -1:25.671
Car #19 - Tom Dillmann - P21 -1:25.911
Weather: Air temp  32˚C / Track temp 45˚C- Dry
Tyres: P Zero Medium

Car # 18 - Rio Haryanto - P22 - 1:24.502
Car #19 -Tom Dillmann - P4 - 1:23.776
Weather: Air temp 34˚C / Track temp 58˚C -Dry

Success for Dillmann on his maiden Caterham RacingQualifying
Tom Dillmann took to the wheel of the number 19 EQ8 CaterhamRacing car for the first time this morning and following severalsetup changes, he qualified an impressive 4th forSaturday's GP2 Feature Race.
Rio's Friday did not quite go to plan as he struggled to findthe limit in practice, making improvements in qualifying, butunable to boost his grid position he lines up 22nd fortomorrows race.

Tom Dillmann "This morning was just practice sothe times do not count for anything, but it gave me an opportunityto get used to the GP2 car again and work on my qualifyingsetup.
"We made some changes in the right direction after the practicesession and for me to qualify on the second row of the grid on myGP2 comeback is great and also shows that Caterham Racing have agood car.
"I am happy and satisfied with today, but the race is anotherstory and as we know the GP2 car can behave very differently inrace conditions, but for now I am very pleased."

Rio Haryanto "In practice I was building up myspeed and finding the limits of the track and the tyres, the tracktemperature was very hot and the tyre degradation was higher than Iexpected.
"Going into qualifying I struggled with track position on thefirst set of tyres and hit traffic on my quick lap. On the secondset I improved, but it was not enough to move me up the grid. Iseem to be struggling most in sector two, but we will have to lookat the data and analyse it before the race tomorrow. With a goodstart in the race, there is no reason why we cannot achieve a goodresult this weekend."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 20-7-2014 08:49 PM | 显示全部楼层
GP2 FEATURE RACE                                                   
  • Added:                Sat 19 Jul, 2014

Hockenheimring - 19/07/14
Car # 18 - Rio Haryanto - 22nd(DNF)
Car #19 - Tom Dillmann - 12th
Circuit Length: 4.574 km
Race length: 173.812 km

Tyre use:
Tom: P Zero Medium to P ZeroSoft
Rio: P Zero Soft to P Zero Medium
Weather: Air temp 38˚C / track temp 55˚C

The 200th GP2 Series race got underway in swelteringconditions at Hockenheimring, with track temperatures reaching over55 degrees.
EQ8 Caterham Racing driver Tom Dillmann lined up 4thon the grid with Rio Haryanto 25th, following ananti-roll bar problem during qualifying.
Rio made a trademark start, passing three cars before the firstcorner and moving up to 18th by the end of lap one. Tomhad less luck, stalling on the grid and re-joining the race in lastplace.
A safety car on lap two was Tom's saviour and from dead last hemade an awesome recovery, taking the chequered flag in12th place.
Rio was on a different tyre strategy, pitting on lap 10 for theprime tyre and showing good mid race pace, but a small mistakewhile fighting for position and high tyre degradation in the finallaps meant he could only manage a 22nd place finish.
Tom Dillmann "I stalled at the start of therace and there is only me to blame for that, but luckily we had asafety car which let me catch up to the back of the field.
"The first part of the race was about keeping the prime tyresalive and our pace was quite good, allowing me to make up manypositions.
"Without the problem at the start we were definitely in aposition to score points today and maybe even a podium.
"From 12th place tomorrow we should be able to scoresome points with the pace that we had today."
Rio Haryanto "After the anti-roll bar problemin qualifying yesterday I had to start 25th, which meantit was going to be a long and difficult race.
"We chose an option - prime strategy which worked well in themiddle of the race, but 28 laps on the prime tyre with tracktemperatures reaching over 50 degrees was very hard work.
"During the last ten laps my tyres started to go off and therewere cars on new tyres catching and overtaking me.
"On the last lap I had an oil pressure alert and the enginestopped, which meant I couldn't take the chequered flag but I wasstill classified 22nd.
"It was obviously not a good day, but we will try hard againtomorrow and hope for a better result."

回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 20-7-2014 08:50 PM | 显示全部楼层
THE RAIN MASTER                                                   
  • Added:                Sun 20 Jul, 2014

Hockenheimring - 20/07/14
Car # 18 - Rio Haryanto - 10th
Car #19 - Tom Dillmann - 9th
Circuit Length: 4.574 km
Race length: 123.498 km
Tyre use: P Zero Medium
Weather: Air temp 25˚C / track temp 32˚C -wet
Both EQ8 Caterham Racing drivers can hold their heads high afteran action packed GP2 Sprint race.
Rio made the most of his start, passing ten cars on the openinglap and quickly settling into a rhythm in 12th place onthe wet tyre.
From 12th place on the grid Tom made a more cautiousgetaway, but having made it cleanly round the first lap he calmlycalved his way through the field. In a class of his own he pickedoff one car per lap, making his way up to third.
The track began to dry and as the cars on slick tyres improvedtheir pace, it was time to pit. Tom came in from third place on lapten, with Rio pitting from eighth a lap later.  A nose changefor Rio following contact with Evans cost him over three secondsand track position as he re-joined the race.
Tom made a small mistake on his out lap, spinning and losingfour places but recovering well to bring his car home just outsidethe points in ninth place, with Rio close behind in tenth.
Tom Dillmann "I felt really good in the wet,passing cars each lap and making my way up to third by lapnine.
"I think we may have pitted for the slick tyre a little tooearly, as I struggled to get the tyres up to temperature and made amistake on the out lap. I think going a little longer on the wetsmay have been easier to handle, but it was still my mistake. I think the spin cost me a top five position today which is prettyfrustrating.
"I am really happy with the pace and speed we had here thisweekend and just a little disappointed that I could not capitaliseon that with a result, but now I know we will be strong inBudapest."
Rio Haryanto "My start was really good today inthe wet conditions.  I found a lot of traction off the line,moving from 22nd to 12th on the firstlap.
"It was quite a difficult race at the beginning, with a lot ofwater and spray down the straights making the visibility low.
"I did my best to keep the car on the track in the opening lapsas others fell off the road. A small amount of contact with Evansmeant I had to change my front wing when I pitted for slick tyres,losing three or four seconds.
"It was quite a good race today and we were close to a pointscoring position, so I hope now things are getting better and wecan aim for results in Budapest."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 27-7-2014 03:04 PM | 显示全部楼层
FRONT ROW FOR TOM                                                   
  • Added:                Fri 25 Jul, 2014

Hungaroring - 25/07/14
Car # 18 - Rio Haryanto - P16 - 1:30.438
Car #19 - Tom Dillmann - P13 - 1:30.282
Weather: Air temp 25˚C / Track temp 51˚C -Dry

Car # 18 - Rio Haryanto - P20 - 1:29.277
Car #19 - Tom Dillmann - P2 - 1:28.618
Weather: Air temp 27˚C / Track temp 48˚C -Dry
FRONT ROW FOR DILLMANN IN HUNGARY
With both EQ8 Caterham Racing drivers improving on their morningpractice times, a stellar qualifying performance puts Tom Dillmannon the front row of the grid for Saturday's Hungarian GP2 FeatureRace, while Rio is frustrated with his position after he was heldup on his flying lap.

Tom Dillmann "Qualifying was great. In freepractice we did not show our pace, but we worked in the same way aswe did in Hockenheim to make sure we had a good car for qualifying.I was confident going into the session and it was just aboutputting a lap together and using the peak of the tyres.
"I planned to try and do my qualifying lap on the first run butI had a bit of traffic on the push lap so it was not possible. Onthe second set of tyres I had the perfect opportunity as the teamsent me out at exactly the right time when nobody else was on trackand I did my fastest lap on a free track.
" Last year I had pole here and this year a front row, so I amvery pleased with our performance."

Rio Haryanto "On the first set of tyres I washeld up behind Lancaster in sector two, which ruined my flying lap,but I also experienced some understeer on the first run.
"We made a change for the second tyre run, but I felt that thetrack had changed and in the last ten minutes it felt like I hadless grip. I managed to improve my time on the second run but itwas not dramatic and I am understandably a bit frustrated to bestarting where I am tomorrow.
"It was just a mixture of being held up and my feeling that thetrack had changed, which lead me to this result and now I will haveto work even harder tomorrow to gain points in the race.

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 27-7-2014 03:04 PM | 显示全部楼层
WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN                                                   
  • Added:                Sat 26 Jul, 2014

Hungaroring - 26/07/14
Car # 18 - Rio Haryanto - DNF
Car #19 - Tom Dillmann - P11
Circuit Length: 4.381 km
Race length: 162.057 km
Tyre use:
Tom Dillmann - P Zero Medium to P ZeroSoft
Rio Haryanto - P Zero Soft to P ZeroMedium
Weather: Air temp 27 ˚C / track temp 35˚C
Having qualified on the front row of the GP2 grid and runningthird for the majority of the race Tom's strategy was ruined by twosafety cars, the second of which prevented him completing more thantwo laps on the option tyre. With a one lap sprint to the chequeredflag Tom was unable to make use of his new tyres, crossing the justoutside the points line in eleventh place.
With both EQ8 Caterham Racing drivers on opposing strategies thefirst safety car played right into Rio's hands. Having made up fiveplaces on the first lap he was able to pit while the safety car wason track, allowing him to leapfrog many of the prime runners.
From there Rio drove an impeccable race, putting in consistentlyquick lap times and looking after his tyres, but with eight laps togo and running in second place his left rear tyre became loose andhe was forced to retire from the race.
Tom Dillmann "I had a good start from the frontrow, but I was lacking some pace on the prime tyre and I lost timeto Nasr and Palmer in the early stages.
"I concentrated on keeping my tyres fresh and I was closing thegap to the leaders before the first safety car came along andruined our strategy.
"I then had a bit of a tough time at the restart as a lapped carheld me up and allowed the leaders to create a gap ahead of me.
"When we pitted for the option tyre the car balance was reallygood. We were quick and ready to move back through the field, butanother safety car came out just at the wrong time and I couldn'tuse the new tyres.
"With just one lap left to race after the safety car came in,there was no chance to recover the places and regain our podiumposition.
"Both safety cars ruined our strategy today, but there isnothing we can do about it and now I just have to focus ontomorrow's race."
Rio Haryanto "After quite a bad qualifyingyesterday I still had hope that I could score some points today. Ifocussed a lot on my start and I chose a different strategy to mostof the drivers, which worked really well.
"There was a safety car just as the pit stop window opened andwe took the opportunity to come in and switch to the prime tyre. Iwas about 14th after the pit stop and in a really goodposition as most of the cars ahead still needed to stop.
"I looked after my tyres and made my way up to second place, butwith eight laps to go there was another safety car and somethinghappened to my left rear tyre, so I had to stop.
"The car felt good today and second, from twentieth would havebeen a great result, but the problem with my tyre has happened andwe cannot change the result. It is frustrating but I know that Idid my best today and I am happy that we had the pace to fight atthe front."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 28-7-2014 09:21 AM | 显示全部楼层
HUNGARY SPRINT RACE                                                   
  • Added:                Sun 27 Jul, 2014

Hungaroring - 27/07/14

Car # 18 - Rio Haryanto - 18th
Car #19 - Tom Dillmann - 19th

Circuit Length:  4.381 km
Race length: 122.628 km

Tyre use:
Tom Dillmann - P Zero Medium
Rio Haryanto - P Zero Medium pit to P Zero Soft

Weather: Air temp 28˚C / track temp 34˚C - dry
Tom Dillmann lined up ninth on the GP2 Sprint race grid with RioHaryanto 21st after his race one tyre issue.
Both drivers made it cleanly through the first corner with Tomrunning 10th and Rio 18th. Rio's race for points ended on laptwelve when he was forced to pit due to a suspected slow puncture,returning to the race on the option tyre and finishing in 18thplace.
Tom managed his tyres well in the early stages of the race,fighting hard on the closing laps, but a pass for the final pointscoring position caused him to spin and he took the chequered flagin a disappointing 19th place.

Tom Dillmann "I had a bit of wheel spin off theline but we stayed in much the same position as we started. We madea positive step with the car from yesterday. I looked after mytyres for the first two thirds of the race so I could push at theend, which worked well.
"I was fighting for the final point scoring position and took alook on the inside to pass Quaife-Hobbs. Unfortunately he ran meonto the inside kerb, forcing me to spin, so that was the end of myrace.
"I think I did the best I could today with managing the tyresbut we still need to find some race pace. We have such a goodqualifying car and we can start at the front of the grid, soresults will come.
"I am enjoying working with Caterham Racing and to achieve P2and P4 in qualifying has been good. We have made some positivesteps between Hockenheim and Budapest and I think we know more orless what we can do to find more pace in the race.
"I have some unfinished business with the team now and I wouldlove to come back and have a full weekend with no problems and abit of luck. Yesterday, without the safety cars we were easily in apodium position and I really wanted to deliver a good result forthe team."

Rio Haryanto "My start was much better thanyesterday but I got squeezed and with nowhere to go I was pushed tothe outside of the track. I was then running 18th and pacing myselfand my tyres, but I started to have a problem with my left rear. Icould not tell if it was a puncture due to debris on the track butit seemed to get worse each lap and began to vibrate, so I decidedto pit and change tyres.
On the option tyre the car felt much better but I was stillaware that the left rear did not feel quite right.
"We have clearly shown that even if we have a bad qualifyingsession we can stay positive and finish well in the race,especially when you get the strategy right like we did yesterday. Iwould have finished second without the problem.
"It has been a disappointing weekend in Budapest but we can moveon, relax over the next few weeks and then start looking towardsSpa."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 24-8-2014 07:20 PM | 显示全部楼层
Spa Qualifying                                                   
  • Added:                Fri 22 Aug, 2014

SPA GP2 QUALIFYING
Spa Francorchamps, Belgium - 22.08.14
Car # 18 - Rio Haryanto - P16-1:58.800
Car #19 -Tom Dillmann - P18-1:58.923
Weather: Air temp 19˚C / Track temp 25˚C -Dry

Car # 18 - Rio Haryanto - P19 - 1:57.974
Car #19 - Tom Dillmann- P14 - 1:57.770
Weather: Air temp 22˚C / Track temp 26˚C -Dry
Tyres: P Zero Medium

EQ8 Caterham Racing drivers Tom Dillman and Rio Haryantoqualified 14th and 19th respectively fortomorrows Spa GP2 Feature race.
Both drivers improved on their morning practice lap times andwith just over a second covering the top 20 cars and the highprobability of a safety car, a good result is still withinreach.
Rio Haryanto "Qualifying was not really thatgood for us today. We struggled a lot in sector two, I felt thebalance was not perfect so I could not make full use of the newtyres. I had to abort my first flying lap because of a yellow flagand on my last lap I was blocked at the bus stop chicane.
"I am quite disappointed with the result and I just hope thattomorrow will be a better day. There is a high possibility of rainfor the race, which I think would be good for us and give us abetter chance of scoring good points. It is a long race tomorrowand I just have to focus and think positively. There are quite afew overtaking places here and tyre degradation will be high, so itshould be an interesting race.
Tom Dillmann "From the first lap in freepractice we were lacking some grip. This is what happened inHockenheim and Budapest, but when we put the soft tyre on the carat those events it really came alive. Today that feeling did notchange when we went to the medium tyre in qualifying and I lackedoverall grip.
"14th is not a great qualifying result but in GP2 itis all about the race and anything can happen, I will stay positiveand now work with my engineer to see if we can make someimprovements to our dry weather setup.
"At this track the race setup and qualifying setup are much thesame, so like Rio I would be happy if it rained tomorrow."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 24-8-2014 07:22 PM | 显示全部楼层
SPA FEATURE RACE                                                   
  • Added:                Sat 23 Aug, 2014

GP2 Feature Race
Spa - Francorchamps - 23/08/14
Car # 18 - Rio Haryanto - DNF
Car #19 - Tom Dillmann - P12
Circuit Length: 7.004km
Race length: 174.976km
Tyre use: Pirelli wet
Weather: Air temp 20˚C / track temp 15˚C -wet
Despite torrential rain at the start of the GP2 Feature Race,Rio was able to make up ten places on the opening lap; runningnose-to-tail with Tom, but as the track became un-driveable therace was halted for 15 minutes until the rain subsided.
Rio and Tom lined up ninth and tenth respectively for therestart, both in good shape for the remaining 20 laps. Making somesolid overtaking moves in difficult conditions they were quicklyrunning seventh and ninth.
Following the pit stops both cars battled for the final pointscoring positions, but with three laps to go Rio's car displayed anoil pressure alarm which was out of the team's control andautomatically cut off the engine, forcing him to retire. Tom drovewell, bringing the car home in 12th place with a goodchance of scoring points in Sunday's Sprint Race.
Tom Dillmann "It was not an obvious decisionwhich tyre to start the race on today as the track was drying, butI trusted the engineers who could see rain coming on the radar andafter one lap it was obviously the right decision.
"The visibility was only about 50 metres at the start of therace and I was aquaplaning even in second and third gear sostopping the race after two laps was the right thing to do as itwas impossible to drive.
"My start was difficult as the left side of the track had morestanding water than the right side, but I had good pace and wasable to move back through the field up to tenth before the redflag.
"After the re-start I found I had very little grip and the racebecame quite painful. The pace was not good which could be becausethe tyre pressures were hard to gauge with the change in weather,but we will have to see. It is a real shame as I think there wasroom to be in the points after the first few laps were so good andI made no mistakes, but we could not capitalise.
"I am just outside the points today and tomorrow the conditionsmay be totally different so we will see what we can do in theSprint Race."
Rio Haryanto "My start was good and I managedto pass cars who were struggling in the rain on the first lap,which meant I was up to ninth place just before the re-start.
"I was looking competitive and fighting with the top eight forposition before the pit stop. I did not have a great stop or outlap which lost me three or four places. I had a lot of over steerat the end of the race and then with three laps to go I had an oilpressure alarm at the bus stop chicane. The car went into safetymode and cut the engine forcing me to stop.
"Even though it was difficult with the spray and poor visibilityI had a good race today and we deserved points. I know it is goingto be hard starting at the back of the field tomorrow and for thatreason I just wish I had managed to finish 11th but Iguess I just need another mega start tomorrow and I will be back inthe race!"

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 24-8-2014 07:22 PM | 显示全部楼层
SPA SPRINT RACE                                                   
  • Added:                Sun 24 Aug, 2014

Spa - Francorchamps - 24/08/14

Car # 18 - Rio Haryanto - P16
Car #19 - Tom Dillmann - P9

Circuit Length: 7.004km
Race length: 125.948 km
Tyre use: P Zero Hard
Weather: Air temp 14˚C / track temp 20˚C

In contrast to Saturday's GP2 Feature Race, the 18 lap Sprint Racegot underway in cold but sunny conditions atSpa-Francorchamps.

After an action packed first lap, the race became relativelyprocessional as the cars spread out over the  7.004km longcircuit.

Tom improved on his 12th place starting position, taking the flagin ninth and remaining in close contention with the leaders.

Rio made an uncharacteristically slow getaway, but fought his wayback through the field from 26th to 16th. Not quite a point scoringfinish, but an impressive display of race craft and a great effortafter Saturday's retirement.

Tom Dillmann "I was really unlucky as my gridslot seemed to be one of the only ones that was shaded and stillwet, but my start was pretty good and I kept the same position offthe line.

"The first three or four laps were going ok and I managed to moveup to ninth. I started to struggle with the tyres pretty early onand had to maintain the same pace throughout the race, which wasnot enough to catch the leaders.

"I did the best that I could today and think I drove well, butthere was a little bit of pace missing in the dry here today.

"Of course I would like to drive for the team again and do morework towards the setup, but this is always difficult in GP2 asthere is no in-season testing and I will have to see if I am ableto return to the team for the last few races."

Rio Haryanto "My start was not good and I had toomuch wheel spin off the line, which meant I dropped back to lastplace. I then tried to do my best and catch the guys in front. Imanaged to catch them pretty quickly and had a good fight until theend of the race.

"It seems like our setup was not quite perfect today, but I amhappy that we could finish the race and take some lessons away. Wewill definitely be looking at our qualifying pace beforeMonza.

"Even though I was not fighting for the lead, I still had a goodrace here today and it is always satisfying to overtake so manycars, which is one of the things I love about Spa."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 7-9-2014 09:03 PM | 显示全部楼层
GASLY - GP2 DEBUT                                                   
  • Added:

Monza, Italy - 05/09/14

Car # 18 - Rio Haryanto - P17 - 1:33.136
Car #19 - Pierre Gasly - P22 - 1:33.520
Tyres: P Zero orange (hard)
Weather: Air temp 22˚C / Track temp 28˚C -Dry

Car # 18 - Rio Haryanto - P11 - 1:32.361
Car #19 - Pierre Gasly - P23 - 1:32.826
Tyres: P Zero white (medium)
Weather: Air temp 39˚C / Track temp 25˚C -Dry

A STEEP LEARNING CURVE FOR GASLY
Joining the GP2 Series in the final throws of the season, at thefastest circuit on the calendar was never going to be easy, but RedBull Junior Pierre Gasly made marked improvements throughout themorning practice session on the prime tyre.

Changing to the option tyre in qualifying threw yet anothervariable at the 18 year old Frenchman but he coped well, gainingover five tenths of a second on his second set of tyres, placinghim 23rd on the grid for Saturday's Feature race.

Qualifying 11th is a positive start to Rio Haryanto's Monzacampaign, putting him in a strong position to fight for points andpodium finishes this weekend.

Rio Haryanto "Today the balance of the car waspretty good, but the top drivers are all so close that one tenth ofa second can cost you two or three places.

"It looked like it was going to rain during the session so wetried a different sequence of fast and slow laps. It seemed to workpretty well and starting from 11th tomorrow is a definiteimprovement from the last few races.
"Now I just need to make a good start and aim to score as manypoints as possible to strengthen my Championship position."

Pierre Gasly "This weekend everything is new tome and to manage the different parameters of the GP2 car in just 45minutes of practice and then to qualify on a different tyrecompound was very difficult.

"With every lap in the car I felt better and more confident, so Icould push harder.
"I did not expect it to be easy, so I will work to improve againtomorrow. Of course I am not totally happy as I am not at the frontof the field, but if I was happy, I would not be a racingdriver!

"An hour long race is also new to me, but it is good to have allof this time in the car to give me extra mileage and the bestchance to improve my starting position for Sunday."

回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 7-9-2014 09:03 PM | 显示全部楼层
PIT LANE PENALTIES IN MONZA                                                   
  • Added:

Monza, Italy - 06/09/14

Car #19 - Pierre Gasly - P17

Circuit Length: 5.793km
Race length: 173.481 km

Tyre use:
Pierre: P Zero medium to P Zero hard
Rio: P Zero hard to P Zero medium

Weather: Air temp 32˚C / track temp 43˚C

On his GP2 Series debut, Red Bull Junior Pierre Gasly was ontarget for a 13th place finish, until his progress was halted by adrive through penalty for speeding in the pit lane. His CaterhamRacing teammate Rio Haryanto also fell fowl of the fast pit laneentry. Taking a drive through penalty on lap 23 for the sameinfringement and ruining his chances of a top ten finish.

With Rio and Pierre nose to tail in the closing stages of the raceand matched in pace, they took the chequered flag just one secondapart in 16th and 17th place respectively.

Pierre impressed with his consistently quick lap times on theprime tyre, matching the pace of the leaders and standing him ingood stead for Sunday's GP2 Sprint race. Rio is also determined tofight hard tomorrow and score points to improve his Championshipposition.

Rio Haryanto "I had a good start from 10th placebut I was squeezed very wide into the first corner, losing three orfour positions. I did not quite have the pace of Palmer but stayedin contention with the leaders until my pit stop.

"I made a mistake and locked up just before the pit lane entryline, which meant I was just over the speed limit and had to take adrive through penalty. I lost over 30 seconds and my place in thepoints.

"I am really frustrated by this small mistake, but tomorrow isanother day."
Pierre Gasly "It was really good to race in GP2today and for sure I learnt a lot of things about the car and howto manage a long race. The start procedure is also different fromwhat I am used to and I hope to improve on this tomorrow.

"I could learn quite a lot during this race and it is just a shamefor the drive through penalty, as I think I could have recoveredmore time from yesterday as I felt more comfortable in thecar.

"Overall, if we just look at the experience that I got in the cartoday it has been a good race. As I really didn't know what toexpect, maybe I was a bit too safe towards the end of the race andI didn't want to use the tyres too much. For sure it will be easiernow I have done this race and I am still learning all the time, soit will be interesting to see what I can do tomorrow."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 7-9-2014 09:04 PM | 显示全部楼层
DISASTER FOR GASLY                                                   
  • Added:                Sun 7 Sep, 2014

Autodromo di Monza, Italy - 07/09/14

Car #19 - Pierre Gasly - DNF

Circuit Length: 5.793km
Race length: 21 laps / 45 mins
Tyre use: Zero hard
Weather: Air temp 21˚C / track temp 26˚C -Dry

An incident filled GP2 Sprint race sees Red Bull Junior PierreGasly retire on the opening lap, after contact to the rear of hiscar spears him into the barrier. Rio was not much luckier as he wasforced off the track into turn one, damaging his front wing as hereturned to the race.

Rio's damage was not terminal and the team completed a nose changeduring the safety car period, enabling him to bring his car home in16th place.

Today's GP2 Sprint race marks the end of the European season andnext we move to the inaugural race weekend in Sochi.

GP2 debutant, Pierre Gasly has made great progress this weekendand we now look forward to working with him over the final tworaces of the season.

Rio Haryanto "I was taking it cautiously into thefirst corner as it looked messy and I knew it would be a long race.I went off the track and then clipped one of the Carlin cars. I hadto box for a new front wing and after that the damaged steeringmeant I could not turn to the left and get back up to speed.
"I want to thank all of the Pertamina guests who have come herefrom Indonesia to watch me today and a hopefully in Russia we canhave a good weekend."

Pierre Gasly "The first few corners were quitegood and I regained a couple of places until Ascari, where therewere many cars who had been in the gravel re-joining the trackreally slowly.

"The people directly in front were very slow because of theincidents, so I had to try to avoid and overtake them. In thestraight at Ascari I tried to pass Berthon. I don't know exactlywhat happened but I was hit and ended up it the barrier.

"I am really frustrated because the car felt good in the first fewcorners, so I really wanted to see what we could do today with theimprovements we have done since yesterday.
"We had no preparation for this weekend as it was all very quickand we will work harder for Sochi as we have some time to learn howto work together.

"For sure it will be better for me at the next race now that Ihave a first experience in the GP2 car and thank you to everyonewho has made this possible."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 11-10-2014 09:12 PM | 显示全部楼层
SOCHI PREVIEW                                                   
  • Added:                Mon 6 Oct, 2014

SOCHI GP2 RACE PREVIEW
Monday 6th October 2014

Drivers:
Car #18 - Rio Haryanto (Indonesia)
Car#19 - Pierre Gasly (France)

The inaugural Russian GP2 race weekend takes place in thecoastal resort of Sochi on 11/12th October.
The medium-speed, 5.848km circuit loops through the WinterOlympic Village on a mixture of purpose built track and publicroads.
With only the simulator for practice, the Sochi race weekendpromises to be a true leveller for both drivers and teams, due tothe lack of data and circuit knowledge.
Caterham Racing are hopeful that the new track will allow GP2rookie Pierre Gasly to show his full potential.
Pierre Gasly is feeling motivated, saying"After two very good race weekends in World Series By Renault, Ihave been practicing for Russia in the F1 simulator, which wentreally well. I am very motivated and we all have to push hard thisweekend in Sochi."
Rio Haryanto has also been in the simulator andprovided this insight into the Sochi circuit "The simulator hashelped me learn the basics of the track which reminds me of theValencia street circuit with many medium speed corners. I thinkturn three will be interesting as it is a long left hand corner,which seems to be flat on the sim, but we will have to see how itis in reality. Turn two could be quite risky at the start of therace as it is so tight and the fans should see lots of overtakingat this point."

Sochi GP2 Race Schedule
Fri 10th Oct:
12.00 - 12.45 Practice
16:00 - 16:30 Qualifying
Sat 11th Oct:
16:40 - 17:40 - GP2 Race 1 - 30 laps / 60 mins
Sun 12th Oct:
12:05 - 12:50 - GP2 Race 2 -28 laps or 45 mins

Circuit Length: 5.848 km
Pirelli tyre options: P Zero medium and P Zerosoft
Air temperature forecast: 21°C
Television coverage: Live on Sky F1 Channel

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 11-10-2014 09:13 PM | 显示全部楼层
SOCHI QUALIFYING                                                   
  • Added:                Fri 10 Oct, 2014

Sochi Autodrom, Russia - 10/10/14

Car # 18 - Rio Haryanto - P12 - 1:47.452
Car #19 - Pierre Gasly - P17 - 1:47.702
Weather: Air temp 21˚C / Track temp 18˚C -Dry
Tyres: P Zero medium

Qualifying - 16:00 - 16:30
Car # 18 - Rio Haryanto - P15 - 1:46.560
Car #19 - Pierre Gasly - P11 - 1:46.377
Weather: Air temp 22˚C / Track temp 20˚C -Dry
Tyres: P Zero soft

On only his second GP2 race weekend, Red Bull Junior Pierre Gaslylooked set for a top ten qualifying position until Felippe Nasrdenied him tenth place in the final throws of the session. Pierrecarries forward a five place grid penalty from Monza that will beapplied to tomorrow's Feature race grid, meaning he provisionallylines up in 16th place.

Rio had a slightly more difficult session with traffic and yellowflags catching him out on the first run. He improved by over sixtenths on his second set of soft tyres, qualifying 15th.

Rio Haryanto "Qualifying was a tough session forus today. I didn't get a clear lap on my first set of tyres. Wemade some changes and I improved on the second set quite a lot butwas only able to qualify 15th.

"It was interesting to find that the circuit conditions differgreatly in each sector. I found more grip in sector one than therest of the lap and I think the track will improve as the weekendgoes on. The change in the feel of the car from the medium to softtyre was also not as expected, so it will be interesting to see thedifferent strategies in the race tomorrow."

Pierre Gasly "Qualifying went quite well after weresolved a few problems that we had in the morning and I began tounderstand the track better.

"This afternoon was the first time with the soft tyre so I had totest how was the grip at different parts of the track. I was happywith my time on the first set of tyres and I was seventh, but onthe second set I got a bit blocked at the beginning of the lap anddid not manage to improve my time. In the end we finished11th  which is not too bad but I think we could have beenbetter and also with the five place grid penalty tomorrow we haveto start towards the back which is a shame.

"The pace in the car is good. We still have some things to improveand I am still learning the GP2 car but we will see how it istomorrow. The track is quite interesting and for sure there areoptions to overtake in quite a few places which will be good forus."

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

所属分类: 爱车专区

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

版权所有 © 1996-2023 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd (483575-W)|IPSERVERONE 提供云主机|广告刊登|关于我们|私隐权|免控|投诉|联络|脸书|佳礼资讯网

GMT+8, 16-6-2024 01:06 AM , Processed in 0.064381 second(s), 21 queries , Gzip On.