Circuit de Catalunya - GP2 SprintRace
Sun 12th May 2013
Car #14 Sergio Canamasas - P14
Car #15 Alexander Rossi - P6: 6 points
Race length: 26 laps
Circuit Length:  4.655 km
Tyres used: P Zero Orange hard
Weather: Dry
Following his bad luck in the Saturday GP2 feature race SergioCanamasas was determined to score points at his home race, despitelining up 23rd on the grid. Teammate Alexander Rossialso had high hopes for the race, starting from the clean side ofthe grid in third position.
Sergio Canamasas was one of the stars of the race. He made oneof the best starts in GP2 history, moving from twenty third totwelfth on the opening lap and then improved further to eleventhplace by the end of lap two. He settled into the race and havingconserved his tyres early on he pushed with nine laps to go,picking off a car each lap and joining the battle for fifth place.However, his luck ran out on the final lap and through no fault ofhis own he was pushed wide and made contact with Harayanto whodrove over the back of his car, tearing off his rear wing. Sergionursed his car around the final lap and ended up taking thechequered flag in fourteenth place.
Alexander's race was slightly less eventful than Sergios, but inthe end more fruitful, finishing in sixth place and scoring fourpoints. After the start Alexander was amongst the top seven cars, agroup that ran nose to tail for the majority of the race and,having stayed out of trouble for the whole race, Alexander finallycross the finish line in sixth.
Sergio Canamasas "At this moment I am notfeeling that great but I had a good race with lots of overtakingand a great start. I was up to sixth, I tried to overtake for fifthplace when I was hit and then Harayanto took my rear wing off.
"It was a tough race but I had a good feeling with the car andit is just so unlucky for me to lose a rear wing in each race. Now I hope I have better luck in Monaco."
Alexander Rossi "I had a relatively good startgetting off the line but Stefano's was even better and I lost outon a position.
"In the opening laps our car took longer than expected to comein. I managed the tyres as well as I could, expecting the car toimprove later in the race but it never did. We seemed to haveslightly higher tyre degradation than others in the race. This issomething we'll have to look to improve before the next race.
"With the mayhem that happened in the last few laps I am happyto bring the car home in once piece and score some points formyself and the team.
"Now I look forward to Monaco which is definitely my favouriterace of the year."
Chief Engineer Humphrey Corbett "What a race!Both drivers were in the points with four laps to go and we mayhave had both cars in the top six had Sergio not been hit from therear again.
"Sergio had a fantastic race with an amazing start from twentythird to twelfth and he seemed to have everything under control,having looked after his tyres early on. We are very impressed withhis driving and clean overtaking manoeuvres today.
"Alexander lost a few places at the start but remained in apoint scoring position, biding his time. He unfortunatelyflat-spotted his tyres when attempting to pass Cecotto and oncethat happens it is very difficult for the tyres to come back.
"We still have a little work to do on our race pace but we nowlook ahead to Monaco and hope Sergio has a bit more luckthere!"

回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 17-5-2013 11:19 PM | 显示全部楼层
Caterham Racing Welcomes EQ8 As Title Sponsor                                                    
  • Added:                Fri 17 May, 2013

Leafield Technology Centre, UK - 17th May 2013
EQ8, the natural energy drink, has increased itssupport for GP2 team Caterham Racing and is now the team's titlesponsor with the team being renamed EQ8 Caterham Racing withimmediate effect.
Following their recent launch across the AirAsia airlinenetwork, EQ8 will also be racing around the world with EQ8 CaterhamRacing.
EQ8 has been a proud supplier of the team since its inception in2011 and has now increased its support for the team as titlesponsors, with exciting activation plans in place to promote thepartnership around the world. In addition, EQ8 will be fuelling thewhole team on and off track, starting at the iconic Monaco GrandPrix from 23rd - 26th May 2013.
EQ8 Caterham Racing Team Principal MiaSharizman "I am pleased that we've been able to furtherdevelop our partnership with EQ8, an agreement that will bring bothbrand and business benefits to Caterham Racing and EQ8.
"The whole team is proud that EQ8 shares our belief thatCaterham Racing and the GP2 series can generate significant levelsof exposure and business opportunities for EQ8 and we are pleasedto be one of the primary channels EQ8 is using to promote itsproducts."
Nigel Burton EQ8 Commercial Director "EQ8 isdelighted to be able to increase its links with Caterham Racing,becoming title sponsor of EQ8 Caterham Racing.  This is a realstep forward and an opportunity to showcase EQ8 Natural EnergyDrink around the world with GP2. Motorsport is an important pillarin our marketing and activation plans."
ABOUT EQ8
Need a Natural Lift?  EQ8, the Natural EnergyDrink
EQ8 ("Equate") is a new energy drink with one big difference- it is made from natural ingredients - no artificial flavours,colours, sweeteners or preservatives.
Lightly sparkling and bursting with real fruit juices, eachcan of EQ8 contains naturally energising ingredients includinggreen tea, guarana and just a nip of natural caffeine from thegreen coffee bean to revive your day, naturally.
EQ8 is available in the UK in selected Morrisons,Sainsbury's and Tesco stores and in Malaysia on board AirAsia (AKflights).

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 21-5-2013 12:38 AM | 显示全部楼层
Monaco Preview                                                   
  • Added:                Mon 20 May, 2013

Circuit de Monaco Preview
Nestled in the French Riviera the principality of Monaco is hometo the narrow, twisty street circuit which hosts round four of the2013 GP2 Championship.
The shortest track on the calendar at just 3.34km thismillionaires' playground is arguably the most difficult circuit onthe calendar, punishing the smallest mistakes as drivers grazethe Armco lap after lap.
Alexander Rossi has already declared this prestigious event hisfavourite on the GP2 calendar and following a victory in 2011 andtwo third place finishes in 2012 EQ8 Caterham Racing have highhopes for the weekend ahead.
Drivers:
Car #14 - Sergio Canamasas
Car#15 - Alexander Rossi
2013 Monaco GP2 Race Shedule
(All times given are GMT +1)
Thursday 23rd May:
12.00 - 12.30 GP2 Practice session
16.15 - 16.55 GP2 qualifying (2 x sessions)
Fri 24th May:
11.15 - 12.20 GP2 Race 1 (42 Laps or 60mins)
Sat 25th May:
16.10 - 17.00 GP2 Race 2 (30 Laps or 45mins)
Pirelli tyre options: P Zero soft tyre & PZero Super soft
Air temperature forecast: 16 -19 Degrees
Humidity forecast: 62 - 72%
Television coverage: Live on Sky F1 Channel

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 24-5-2013 10:10 AM | 显示全部楼层
Monaco Qualifying                                                   
  • Added:                Thu 23 May, 2013

Circuit de Monaco 23/05/13
Practice - 12.00 - 12.30
Car # 14 - Sergio Canamasas - P 16 - 1:22.979
Car #15 - Alexander Rossi - P13- 1:23.369
Qualifying: 16.15 - 16.55
Car # 14 - Sergio Canamasas - P12 - 1:21.522
Car #15 - Alexander Rossi - P13 - 1:22.511
Monaco GP2 practice was inconclusive as half the field used thePirelli supersoft tyre during the session and the other halfremained on the soft compound, making qualifying predictionsfutile.
As with most things in Monaco, GP2 qualifying is slightlydifferent, with the thirty minute session split in two, reducingthe traffic and providing the best chance for all drivers to recorda clear lap.
Despite just thirteen cars being out on track in each group thetraffic was still an issue and Alexander ended session A seventh,with team mate Sergio sixth in session B.
Sergio and Alexander line up twelfth and thirteenth respectivelyon the grid for Saturdays feature race.
Caterham Racing Team Manager Phill Spencer "Wehave moved to Monaco for the second European race of the GP2season, a circuit that we have had success at previously, with awin in 2011 and two third places last year.
"Qualifying means so much here and we have not quite performedas well as we had hoped, but both drivers remain upbeat and with agood strategy we believe we can still score points thisweekend."
Sergio Canamasas "It is always good to be here in Monaco asthere is such a great atmosphere. Qualifying was really close - Ihad some traffic and was blocked on my final lap which is beinginvestigated so I am a little bit disappointed with the result.
"I am looking forward to the race but we all know how hard it isto overtake at Monte Carlo, I raced here two years ago and enjoythe circuit. The more running you do here the more comfortable youbecome so we will see how tomorrow goes."
Alexander Rossi "In free practice this morningwe ran the soft tyre and I suffered with understeer.
"We made a few changes before qualifying but having never drivenon the super soft tyre we were not quite sure how much tocompensate to adapt to it. It is more difficult just having afifteen minute session on one set of tyres as you cannot make anychanges and we did not quite have the pace.
"We have a good strategy for the race tomorrow and the goal willbe to get to the top eight which we think is achievable if I get agood start and a clean first lap."
N.B Following the session Binder was issuedwith a three place grid penalty for holding up Sergio on his finalquick lap.

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 25-5-2013 12:13 AM | 显示全部楼层
Monaco Feature Race                                                   
  • Added:                Fri 24 May, 2013

Circuit de Monaco -24/05/13
Car #14 Sergio Canamasas - P15
Car #15 Alexander Rossi - DNF
Race length:  42 laps
Monaco Circuit Length:  3.34km
Tyre use: P Zero Soft tyre & P Zero Supersoft
Weather: Air temp  22˚C / track temp 26 ˚C
Monaco is notorious for turn one incidents and today was nodifferent for the GP2 feature race.
Cecotto was hot off the line from pole position but lost controland hit the wall at turn one causing a concertina effect behind himas one by one the top thirteen cars piled into each other whichAlexander was unlucky to be caught up in.
The race was red flagged and resumed after a thirty minute clearup operation where confusion reigned as drivers were unsure whetherthey could restart the race or not. Alexander Rossi was one of theunlucky ones, unable to take the restart following a steward'sdecision, a major disappointment after making up four places offthe line.
Stalling on the grid is not usually a blessing but for SergioCanamasas it meant avoiding the turn one incident and restartingfrom the pit lane. Sergio's race was action packed with two pitstops, front wing damage and a few scrapes with the Armco as hedrove his way to fastest lap; finishing the race fifteenth.
EQ8 Caterham Racing Chief Engineer HumphreyCorbett "This was a typically eventful Monaco race,starting with a crash and ending in lots of finger wagging andrecriminations.
"It is a bitter shame for Alexander and we feel it was unfairthat some cars were allowed to restart and Alexander was not, adecision which we challenged but that is Monaco.
"I have been engineering at Monaco for forty years and it is aspecial event where marshalling is extremely challenging andsomebody usually loses out.
"It was great to see Sergio flying during the race and it wasunlucky that he had to make two pit stops but at least he has theconsolation of fastest lap.
"We now have to move on and salvage something for tomorrow."
Alexander Rossi "I made a very good start whichis something I have been working on.  I was on the inside linechallenging for seventh place going into turn one which was exactlywhere I wanted to be but then it was carnage ahead of me and I hadnowhere to go, ending up in the thirteen car pileup.
"There was then confusion with the marshals, drivers and theteam about getting out of the car and the restart process with somecars being pushed back to the grid.
"When we received the message that I was unable to restart therace I was gutted as I am sure a top seven finish was achievablefollowing my start."
Sergio Canamasas: "For me this was a verystrange race as one minute I was out of the race after I stalledand then because of the red flag I was back in the race which wasgood news but mentally challenging.
"I was pushing hard but it is just so impossible to overtakehere and I got some damage on my front wing when I tried.
"It is really disappointing as I got fastest lap even withdamage to the car so who knows what could have been."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 29-6-2013 03:43 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added:                Fri 28 Jun, 2013

Silverstone Circuit, UK -28/06/13
Practice - 12.00 -12.30
Car # 14 - Sergio Canamasas - P14 -1:59.977
Car #15 - Alexander Rossi - P20 - 2:00.413
Weather: Airtemp 15˚C / Wet
Qualifying: 15.55 -16.25
Car # 14 - Sergio Canamasas - P14 -1:41.881
Car #15 - Alexander Rossi - P19 - 1:42.020
Weather: Airtemp 17˚C / Dry - Wet
Silverstone provided the usual British summertime showersand the midday GP2 practice session was a washout. Both Sergio andAlexander struggled with grip, posting times that were belowexpectations in the wet conditions.
The rain abated and the GP2cars took to a dry track on medium compound tyres for qualifying.With rain forecast mid-session it was key to post a good lap timeearly on to secure an adequate grid position.
Alexander's quick laps werethwarted by traffic, Sergio put in a respectable first lap but asmall mistake on the second lap left him outside the top ten. Asboth cars pitted for fresh tyres, heavy rain fell effectivelyending the session.
A frustrating result for boththe team and drivers; with Sergio fourteenth and Alexandernineteenth on the grid for Saturdays GP2 Feature race.
Alexander Rossi "We madesome setup modifications following Monaco and Barcelona and as wewere unable to test them during the morning practice, dryqualifying was a slight unknown.
"My opening lap was good in sector one and three, but Iwas held up significantly in the second sector. I wasn't tooconcerned about this at the time as we had another set of tyres touse but as I came in to pit for new tyres the rain became heavy andthere was no point in going back out on track.
"We are out of position in nineteenth on the grid fortomorrow's race and without the traffic we could have easily beenin the top ten. Saying that I have moved forward from moredifficult qualifying positions and tomorrow with a good strategy Ihope we can turn the weekend around."
Sergio Canamasas "It wasvery wet this morning in practice and then dry for the start ofqualifying which can make it difficult to adapt.
"In qualifying I did one good flying lap and then on thesecond, I hit standing water and lost time. I then came in tochange tyres but it was too wet by then to push for a bettertime.
"Fourteenth is not the result that I am searching for, butit is what it is and I am looking forward to tomorrow, I will notstop pushing. The top ten in race one tomorrow is my target, with agood start and a clean race."
Team Manager Phill Spencer"We are pleased to be here at Silverstone for our second homerace of the year, Malaysia being our first.
"Historically we have had pretty poor luck here atSilverstone and it looks like our bad fortune has continued todayin qualifying.
"It is frustrating with the changeable weather conditionsand we have not done quite well enough today, but let's hope thattomorrow will bring success."

回复

使用道具 举报

Follow Us
 楼主| 发表于 30-6-2013 09:16 AM | 显示全部楼层

• Added:                Sat 29 Jun, 2013

Silverstone Circuit - GP2 FeatureRace
29/06/13
Car #14 Sergio Canamasas - P23
Car #15 Alexander Rossi - P10 (P20 followingstewards enquiry)
Race length:  29 laps
Silverstone Circuit Length: 5.891Km
Total Distance: 170.705Km
Tyre use: start: P Zero White (medium) pit to Zero Orange (hard)
Weather: Air temp 22˚C / track temp32˚C
The sun shone for the GP2 feature race at Silverstone anddespite disappointing qualifying positions both drivers entered therace with confidence in their cars and strategy for the dryconditions.
Alexander gained one place off the line but Sergio struggled topull away; stalling and leaving the rest of the field to dodge hisstranded car. Sergio was promptly pushed to the pitlane and startedthe race one lap down.
Alexander made good progress and despite a coming together withcar Ceccon he managed to take the chequered flag in tenthposition.
Sergio showed some great pace and was fastest on track for muchof the second half of the race, but already a lap down he could dono more and finished twenty third.
Alexander Rossi "My initial launch offthe line was great, but with two stalled cars in front of me I hadto back off to avoid hitting them, which killed my momentum. I cameout of the first lap seventeenth. I passed two more cars and wetook the decision to pit early on lap six, which allowed us toleapfrog additional cars.
"I drove my own race from then on and conserved my tyres to theflag.
"We're still struggling with understeer since Barcelona, we havea bit of work to do before tomorrow's race. The post race ten placegrid penalty is difficult for me to understand, but I have toaccept the stewards decision and treat tomorrow's race as a testsession. I am hopeful this will yield answers and aid us in oursetup for the Nurburgring."
Sergio Canamasas "I stalled the car at thestart which pretty much ended my race and when I restarted thefield was too far ahead for me to catch.
"The car was much better than yesterday and I'm quite sure afterlooking at my lap chart that we could have had a good result.
"The best I can do is forget today's race and look forward totomorrow where I will try my best for myself and my team."
Chief Engineer Humphrey Corbett "I think thatthe demons that have haunted us at Silverstone remain.
"Sergio stalled on the line and his race was effectively overfrom that time, although he consistently posted some veryimpressive lap times which we are very pleased about.
"Alexander made a reasonable start and made his way fromnineteenth to finish a very respectable tenth, once again puttingin some impressive lap times.
"Following the race Alexander has sadly been issued with a tenplace grid penalty, which we think is a strange decision but wehave to accept it and move on.
"We will try something a little different strategy wise tomorrowas we are starting towards the back of the field and hope to gainsome vital setup information for future races."
N.B Following a steward's decision Alexander Rossiwas handed a ten place grid penalty for the contact with Ceccon andwill start the sprint race 20th on thegrid
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 30-6-2013 09:54 PM | 显示全部楼层

EQ8 Caterham Racing(Silverstone Race 2) 最新:185楼

Silverstone Sprint Race                                                   
  • Added:                Sun 30 Jun, 2013

Silverstone Circuit - GP2 SprintRace
30/06/13
Car #14 Sergio Canamasas - P20
Car #15 Alexander Rossi - P9
Race length:  21 laps
Silverstone Circuit Length: 5.891Km
Total Distance:  123.577 km
Tyre use: start: P Zero Orange (hard)
The Sunday GP2 sprint race was always going to be a challenge,with Alexander starting from 20th due to his ten placegrid penalty and Sergio 23rd.
Alexander made a blistering start, darting to the inside ofEvans who stalled in front of him and making up ten places on theopening lap. Sergio made a slow get away, narrowly avoiding debrisfrom a turn one incident but making up six places before the safetycar was dispatched.
Following the safety car Sergio passed a further two cars butwhile jostling for track position in fifteenth place with Palmerand Binder contact was made, forcing him to pit for a front wing.Sergio continued a lap down and further contact with Palmerresulted in a ten second drive through penalty.
Alexander moved up to ninth just outside a point scoringposition, pressuring Ericsson for eighth until the flag.
Alexander Rossi "I gained ten places off theline and during the opening lap, despite having to avoid a stalledcar, which makes me wonder what I could have done if I had startedtenth without the penalty.
"We finished just outside of the points which is frustrating,but considering where we started the race I am satisfied that wegained so many places.
"The car felt pretty good throughout the race and we have made astep forward, which we hope is going to benefit us at Nurburgring,a circuit which I enjoy and where I had a pole in WorldSeries."
Sergio Canamasas "I had a really bad startwhich I have struggled with this weekend and then I was lucky toavoid the accident ahead.
"I overtook some cars on the opening lap which felt good andthen two more after the safety car but then there was an incidentwith Palmer and Binder and I had to make a pitstop because of thedamage.
"I was then a lap down when I came back to the track and had tomake a drive through

回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 6-7-2013 09:35 AM | 显示全部楼层
Nurburgring Qualifying                                                   
  • Added:                Fri 5 Jul, 2013

Nurburgring Circuit, UK - 5th July 2013
Practice - 12.00 - 12.30
Car # 14 - Sergio Canamasas - P19 -1:40.982
Car #15 - Alexander Rossi - P18 - 1:40.951
Weather: Air temp   20˚C / Track temp22 ˚C - Dry
Qualifying: 15.55 - 16.25
Car # 14 - Sergio Canamasas - P17
Car #15 - Alexander Rossi - P14
Weather: Air temp 23˚C / Track Temp 29˚C -Dry
Contrary to the weather forecast the GP2 practice and qualifyingsessions remained dry at the Nurburgring.
Sergio struggled to negotiate traffic with his first set oftyres and could not string a perfect lap together on the secondset, ending qualifying 17th.
Alexander was slightly luckier with traffic and ran in the topten for the majority of his first stint but struggled withundersteer and could not maintain this position on his second tyrerun, dropping to 14th.
Alexander Rossi "We came to Nurburgring withthe improvements that we found at Silverstone, and although it tooka little time to find the right balance we made further progressthis afternoon. Despite this we still suffer with understeer whichwe need to work on.
"Starting fourteenth is not what we wanted but we know we have agood race car, which we will use to our advantage tomorrow and I amgetting pretty used to overtaking. I hope that we can get into thepoints from here and with a bit of luck maybe even the topfive."
Sergio Canamasas "I am a little bitdisappointed. I was expecting a lot, especially after the goodfeeling I had at Silverstone with the car.
"Tomorrow we will have to fight to recover positions and try toreach the points, so this afternoon I will work with the engineersto find a way to improve the car for the race tomorrow. EQ8Caterham racing is very good team and any issues will be resolvedin a very short time.
Team Manager Phill Spencer "Germany is a trackthat both drivers enjoy and this morning we thought we had the paceto qualify within the top ten, following information that we gainedat Silverstone. The early part of the session looked promising forAlexander but Sergio struggled to find any clean air.
"Despite giving ourselves some hard work to do tomorrow we arestill confident ahead of the race, which is always our strongestpoint of the weekend.
"As long as Alexander has a clean first lap from fourteenth andavoids any turn one incidents, he has a good chance of scoringpoints and Sergio will of course work hard to improve hisposition."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 7-7-2013 09:39 AM | 显示全部楼层
GP2 Feature Race Nurburgring                                                   
  • Added:                Sat 6 Jul, 2013

Nurburgring - GP2 Feature Race
06/07/13
Car #14 Sergio Canamasas - P12
Car #15 Alexander Rossi - P11
Race distance:  174.775 km
Race length: 34 laps / 60 mins
Nurburgring Circuit Length: 5.148km
Tyre use: Start- P Zero Super soft - pit to - P Zero Medium
Weather: Air temp 30˚C / track temp 44˚C
Nurburgring provided a thrilling and action packed GP2 featurerace for the German crowd, with a range of tyre strategiesgenerating many overtaking manoeuvres.
Both EQ8 Caterham Racing cars started on the Pirelli Super softtyre, Alexander shot off the line from 14th to8th with Sergio making a more conservative start toensure a clean getaway.
The safety car was deployed at the end of lap one after a startline incident and remained on track for three laps, making theteams review their strategy ahead of the pit stop window.
Both cars pitted towards the start of the window and changed tothe medium compound tyre, with quick stops allowing them toleapfrog the cars directly ahead of them.
With five laps to go Alexander was sitting 8th buthis tyre degradation was high and he could not defend, especiallyagainst cars on their second set of medium tyres, dropping back to11th before the chequered flag.
Sergio managed his tyres well, setting his fastest time on lapthirty and overtaking three cars in the final throws of the racefinishing 12th behind his team mate.
Alexander Rossi "Today's race was disappointingto finish 11th because my start was excellent, I wasimmediately up to 8th and I thought with our goodstrategy we had a shot at reaching the top five.
"We've been struggling with tyres and car balance since practiceyesterday and today's result came down to tyres for me. The car wasworking for the first twenty five laps, but with six to go we hadnothing left and all I could do was defend as best I could.
"We'll look at the data tonight and hopefully take a stepforwards to try and understand the tyres for tomorrow's sprintrace.
"It is important to find more pace and a proper balance in thecar. I look forward to scoring some points tomorrow."
Sergio Canamasas "I had a goodstart and it was a pity about the safety car as without this Iwould have been able to overtake two more cars on the first lap,plus I was also in a bit of a sandwich at corner two, where I hadto back off.
"I felt good on both the super soft and medium tyre and thetrack improved so much towards the end of the race I was able tomake up places as the cars ahead struggled. With a few more laps Icould have moved even further forward.
"I now understand how to conserve my tyres which is the realityof racing in this Championship.
"I am happy with my race from 17th to 12thand starting on the sixth row of the grid tomorrow is a good placefor us. I want to thank the guys for doing a great job today."
Chief Engineer Humphrey Corbett "Our racestrategy was one I consider to be a standard strategy withoutrisks. I think we got the best out of the car and a number of carsin front of us used both sets of medium compound tyres which willseriously hamper their sprint race tomorrow.
"We had some reasonably high tyre degradation on Alexander's carwhich we will be investigating, but on Sergio's car with anidentical setup we had a car that was one of the quickest at theend of the race so we have to analyse the data very carefully.
"Overall I am disappointed not to score any points and we werevery close with Alexander. We have lots of data to look at and Ithink we have a good chance of getting both cars into the pointstomorrow which is what I am looking forward to."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 27-7-2013 10:34 PM | 显示全部楼层
Hungary Preview                                                   
  • Added:                Tue 23 Jul, 2013

Hungaroring Circuit Preview
Drivers
Car#15 - Alexander Rossi
Round 7 of the GP2 Championship takes places at the Hungaroring,built almost thirty years ago, nestled in the Hungarian hillsidejust 19km from central Budapest; it remains a calendar favouritewith drivers and fans alike.
With its tight, twisty corners the Hungaroring is often comparedto the Monaco street circuit but with the added advantage of 80 percent of the track being visible from any one point it is a perfectspectator venue.
Sergio raced at the Hungaroring in 2012 as part of his ten raceGP2 Series campaign, finishing race two in 12th place.Despite tyre changes from 2012, EQ8 Caterham Racing is hopeful thatthis weekend will be a turning point for Sergio in his fight toscore his first Championship points.
Fresh from his Young Driver Test with Caterham F1 Team atSilverstone, Alexander hopes to bolster his points total and movehimself further up the Championship table this weekend, in a carthat finished 5th in the points with Van Der Garde in2012.
With air temperatures expected to reach over forty degrees andtrack temperatures close to fifty, Hungary looks set to challengeeven the fittest drivers and their crew.
CIRCUIT INFORMATION
Circuit Length: 4.381 km
Kerbs: High in T6 & T7
Bumpiness: medium / high
Overtaking chance: low
Pirelli tyre options: P Zero Medium & PZero Soft
Air temperature forecast: 38 - 40˚C
UK television coverage: Live on Sky F1Channel
GP2 SCHEDULE
Fri 26th July:
12.00 -12.30 - GP2 Practice session
15.55 - 16.25 - GP2 qualifying session
Sat 27th July:
15.40 - 16.45 GP2 Race (37 Laps or 60 mins)
Sun 28th July:
10.35 - 11.25 GP2 Race (28 laps or 45 mins)

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 27-7-2013 10:34 PM | 显示全部楼层
Hungary Qualifying                                                   
  • Added:                Fri 26 Jul, 2013

Hungaroring - 26th July 2013
Practice - 12.00 - 12.30
Car # 14 - Sergio Canamasas - P2 - 1:29.760
Car #15 - Alexander Rossi - P16 - 1:30.742
Weather: Air temp   30˚C / Track temp45˚C - Dry

Car # 14 - Sergio Canamasas - P24 - 1:30.078
Car #15 - Alexander Rossi - P9 - 1:28.851
Weather: Air temp 34˚C / Track Temp 46 ˚C -Dry
As temperatures soar here is Hungary both the drivers andmechanics are physically pushed to the limit.
For Sergio who raced at Hungary in GP2 last season the morningpractice session went well and he finished 2nd with highexpectations for qualifying. Alexander tried a different setup andended the session 16th.
Although his confidence was high going into qualifying Sergiostruggled with traffic and could not repeat his practiceperformance, qualifying 24th for Saturdays FeatureRace.
Alexander found his groove and commenting that he felt as goodin the car as he did in Bahrain where he scored a podium, lining up9th on the grid for tomorrow's race should prove to befruitful.
Team Manager Phill Spencer "In the past we havescored points in Hungary and it is a circuit that we like, plus theweather is scorching and we tend to prefer setting the cars up inthese conditions.
"We were upbeat after this mornings practice session whereSergio was second fastest and we knew that Alexander had more tocome.
"Alexander did a good job in qualifying finishing 9thand is much happier with the feel of the car.
"Sergio made a small mistake on his first flying lap and got outof sequence, which made it very difficult to get a clear lap.
"With Alexander starting in the top ten he has a great chance orscoring some good points. We know we have a quick car and Sergiocan race well, so providing he keeps his nose clean I am sure hecan salvage the weekend."
Alexander Rossi "This is the best qualifyingthat we've had since Bahrain and we have made a very big stepforward with the balance of the car.
"I lost about three tenths as I'm sure everyone did in trafficand I feel that for the first time we have been very competitive inqualifying which is a boost for the team.
"We have proven that our race car is good, so come tomorrow weare in a great position to score points and a top five finish isdefinitely achievable."
Sergio Canamasas "I am very disappointed as Iwas hopeful for a good qualifying position today after thismorning's session.
"On my first flying lap my tyres were not up to temperature andI decided to do a second preparation lap. When I pushed again I wasout of sync and was blocked causing me to lose control and abortthe lap.
"On the second run I had traffic again and did not feel ascomfortable in the car as this morning.  I locked up a fewtimes and just didn't manage to put a lap together.
"Tomorrow I must fight to recover positions, so for now I mustforget what happened in qualifying and focus on the race."
POST QUALIFYING PENALTIES
Following today's qualifying session in Budapest, the Stewardsdecided to hand a three place grid penaltyto Sam Bird on tomorrow's starting grid after it was foundthat he had impeded Sergio Canamasas at Turn 1.

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 28-7-2013 09:54 PM | 显示全部楼层
Hungary Feature Race                                                   
  • Added:                Sat 27 Jul, 2013

Hungaroring - GP2 Feature Race
27/07/13
Car #14 Sergio Canamasas - DNF
Car #15 Alexander Rossi - P13
Race distance:  162.057 km
Race length:   37 laps / 60 mins
Circuit Length: 4.381Km
Tyre use: Start- P Zero Soft - pit to - P Zero Medium
Weather: Air temp 36˚C / track temp 51˚C
The tight, twisty Hungaroring circuit provided an entertainingGP2 feature race for the crowd but a frustrating one for CaterhamRacing.
Alexander lined up ninth on the grid; having made a slowgetaway he regained one place on the first lap, later overtakingBird for seventh. Hot on the heels of Dillman in sixth Alexanderpitted for medium compound tyres. Re-joining the race behind Birdhe lost two further places during the out lap battling forposition.
Alexander held station in tenth until two laps from the end whenhe hit debris causing him to fall into the clutches of Harayantoand De Jong, finally finishing 13th.
Sergio had a disastrous race. Starting 24th hemade up seven places on the opening laps but contact forced him tochange his nose during his routine tyre stop. He returned to thetrack in 24th but on lap 17 he was hit by Lancasterwhich resulted in his retirement from the race. Lancaster wassubsequently given a drive-through penalty for the incident.
Alexander Rossi "After qualifying I feltconfident that we had a good car and I was looking forward to therace today.
"My start was not brilliant but fortunately I was able to makeup the few places I had lost by the end of lap one, moving up toseventh.
"There was a small problem during the pit stop and I lost a fewpositions. Then while battling to regain the positions I lost timeand dropped back further.
"I was running in tenth, managing my tyres well and waiting forcars in front to come back to me when there was contact aheadbetween Calado and Cecotto. I ran over a large amount of debriswhich had a detrimental effect on the car.
"I tried hanging on for the final few laps but the rear of thecar was unstable after hitting the debris and I finishedthirteenth.
"We didn't get the result we wanted but up until the incidentahead of me we had the pace for a top ten finish. We will bring thefight again tomorrow"
Sergio Canamasas "From the dirty side of thegrid I had a bad start along with the car in front of me but Imanaged to overtake quite a few cars on the opening lap as therewere so many incidents.
"I was not feeling totally comfortable with the car and had tofight hard for position. I was hit twice during the race and bothincidents damaged my front wing. The second incident forced me toretire, for which Lancaster was penalised, but this cannot fix myrace.
"Again I feel I have had bad luck which is hard when we all putin so much work, but tomorrow once again I have to return with apositive attitude."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 28-7-2013 09:55 PM | 显示全部楼层
Hungary Sprint Race                                                   
  • Added:                Sun 28 Jul, 2013

Hungaroring - GP2 Sprint Race
28/07/13
Car #15 Alexander Rossi - 16th
Race distance:  122.628 km
Race length:  28 laps / 45 mins
Circuit Length: 4.381Km
Tyre use: P Zero Medium
Weather: Air temp 33˚C / tracktemp 44˚C
Hungary 2013 has unfortunately been a weekend to forget for EQ8Caterham Racing as the GP2 Sprint Race yielded more bad luck forthe team.
Sergio made his best start yet from 25th on the gridand looked poised to gain a considerable number of positions, butas the field dived into the first corner Sergio was caught up in afive car incident. His rear wing was ripped from the car, his nosedamaged and his left rear punctured, spelling the end of hisweekend.
Alexander also made a good getaway passing two cars off theline, settling in to 11th place and with good pace heimmediately pressured Leal and the train of cars ahead.
Alexander was clearly being held up and as he tried to make apass his front wing touched Leal's right rear tyre which resultedin both cars leaving the track.
Unfortunately Alexander was issued with a drive-through penaltywhich he took immediately but returning to the track in16th position his race for points was effectively over.After setting some quick lap times he gained one place, bringingthe car home in 15th.
Alexander Rossi "I got a good start and made uptwo places again which was positive but and fighting for10th the door that was open was swiftly closed and Imade very light contact with the car in front. Leal was unlucky andgot a puncture and the incident was deemed worthy of a drivethrough which I really don't understand as it was such a lighttouch.
"I was still fighting the car a little and I am happy we have athree week break to regroup and understand the trends from the lastraces so we can get back to a place we are all comfortablewith."
Sergio Canamasas "I had a goodgetaway but there were so many cars into the first corner I was hitfrom behind which made me hit the car in front who was alsospinning. I obviously tried to avoid this but there was nowhere togo.
"I just do not know what to do as I just haveso much bad luck and it has become more than frustrating forme.
"We have a long break now and as always I willevaluate the weekend and come back to fight again in Spa."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 24-8-2013 09:28 AM | 显示全部楼层

EQ8 Caterham Racing(SPA Qualifying ) 最新:196楼

Spa Preview                                                   
  • Added:                Mon 19 Aug, 2013

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps Preview
Drivers
Car#15 - Alexander Rossi
Following the summer break and with just four rounds remainingof the 2013 Championship, GP2 heads to Spa Francorchamps inBelgium.
Spa is unique in many ways; it is the longest circuit on the GP2calendar at just over 7km and is home to Eau Rouge, a steep, highspeed right hander that is considered one of the greatest and mostchallenging corners in the world - especially in the wet!
Spa also has a unique micro climate, providing varying weatherconditions for the drivers at different points around the track andwith rain forecast for both Saturday and Sunday this weekend's GP2 action should not to be missed.
EQ8 Caterham Racing have consistently achieved top ten finishesat Spa and hope to bring both drivers home in the points thisweekend.
Circuit Information
Spa Circuit Length: 7.004 km
Overtaking chance: medium-high
Pirelli tyre options: P Zero Hard & P ZeroSoft
UK television coverage: Live on Sky F1Channel
GP2 SCHEDULE (local time)
Fri 23rd Aug:
Sat 25th Aug:
15.40 - 16.45 GP2 Race (25 Laps or 60 mins)
Sun 26th Aug:
10.35 - 11.25 GP2 Race (18 laps or 45 mins)

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 24-8-2013 09:29 AM | 显示全部楼层
Spa Qualifying                                                   
  • Added:                Fri 23 Aug, 2013

Spa Francorchamps Circuit - 23/08/13
Practice - 12.00 - 12.30
Car # 14 - Sergio Canamasas - P14 -1:59.500
Car #15 - Alexander Rossi - P11 - 1:59.405
Weather: Air temp   20˚C / Track temp21 ˚C - Drying

Car # 14 - Sergio Canamasas - P9 - 1:57.804
Car #15 - Alexander Rossi  - P5 -1:57.578
Weather: Air temp 25˚C / Track Temp 35˚C -Dry
The rain subsided just in time for the morning GP2 practice butthe final sector of the 7.004 km track remained damp and thedrivers worked hard to adapt to the varying conditions.
By 15.55 the track was fully dry for qualifying, with bothSergio and Alexander putting in first-rate performances to achieveour best qualifying positions this season, remaining in the top tenfor the duration of the session.
Sergio will unfortunately start nineteenth for Saturday'sFeature Race, following a ten place grid penalty carried forwardfrom Hungary but this encouraging start to the weekend is just whatthe team was looking for.
Alexander Rossi "I am feeling very pleased andto be honest a little relieved. Budapest was a step forwards for usin qualifying and to take another step today is very welcome forall of us.
"The session was a little strange as I don't think anyoneexpected the tyres to go off as quickly as they did and thereforethe majority of us set our fastest time on the first flying lap.The first lap is always a little scrappy as you try and find yourway on the soft tyre, so there was probably more time to be foundbut this was the same for everyone.
"The car was good and the work we have done over the summer haspaid off which is really positive.
"Tomorrow it looks like it will rain, which is fine as I lovedriving in the rain, especially here. Starting in the top five andknowing that we always have a good race car makes me think that wehave an opportunity to win tomorrow and that is what I will begoing for."
Sergio Canamasas "Qualifying was positive forus and 9th is my best result this season.  I didthis time on the first push lap which is a little weird andvirtually nobody improved on the second lap.
"Alexander also did a good job so I am pleased for the team andthis is a good day.
"Tomorrow for me it is obviously a shame to have the gridpenalty, but I have good pace so if I can have a strong race itcould still be very positive for Sunday."

回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 25-8-2013 09:38 PM | 显示全部楼层

• Added:                Sat 24 Aug, 2013

Spa Francorchamps - GP2 Feature Race
24/08/13
Car #15 Alexander Rossi - P3 - 15 points
Race distance:  174.976 km
Race length:   25 laps / 60 mins
Circuit Length: 7.004 km
Tyre use:
Alexander: P Zero Hard - pitto - P Zero Hard
Sergio: P Zero Soft - pit to - P Zero Hard
Weather: Air temp 21˚C / track temp 24˚C -Dry
It was a mixed day for Caterham Racing in the GP2 Feature Racewith a podium and a DNF.
Alexander lined up on the inside of the third row of the grid,having achieved his best qualifying position of the season withSergio serving his ten place grid penalty, starting fromnineteenth.
Alexander drove a faultless race, making a pass for fourth at LaSource on the first lap and maintaining his pace while lookingafter his tyres. The team performed the fastest pit stop of the daybut with differing tyre strategies it was not until the penultimatelap of the race that the field fully settled into position,ensuring Alexander's place on the podium.
Sergio's luck did not improve, after making progress in thefirst few laps on the soft tyre he made a pit stop for the hardcompound and began to have braking problems, which lead him toleave the track at turn twelve and ending his race.
Alexander Rossi "It is a brilliant feeling tobe back on the podium and to score fifteen points for theteam.  Now we have this result I want more, so I need to keeppushing for a win.
"It was a little hectic at the start of the race as the firstcorner was pretty wet but I made up one place and settled into arhythm.
"When the safety car came out it gave me a chance to reflect onthe first couple of laps and understand the reference points.
"Even though I got caught up behind Calado for a while the teamdid a great job and our pace, strategy and pit stop was reallygood, allowing me to jump Leimer.  I was very close to passingEricsson but I had an engine temperature alarm sounding and did notwant to risk any damage.
"It is great that we have carried over the speed from qualifyingto the race and I feel that we have turned a corner and gainedmomentum."
Sergio Canamasas "The car felt ok at the startof the race but after my pit stop I felt some issues with thebrakes and on the exit of turn 12 I struggled to slow down and hadthe accident.
"I am not hurt but this is very disappointing, especially afterI had good pace in qualifying yesterday."

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 25-8-2013 09:38 PM | 显示全部楼层

•                                                                 News                    
                                                Spa Sprint Race               

• Added:                Sun 25 Aug, 2013

25/08/13

Car #14 Sergio Canamasas - P12
Car #15 Alexander Rossi - P22 (Fastest Lap)

Race distance: 125.948km
Race length: 18 laps / 45 mins
Circuit Length: 7.004 km

Tyre use:
Alexander: P Zero Hard (used) - pit to - P Zero Soft
Sergio: P Zero Hard

Weather: Air temp 16˚C / track temp 17˚C -Dry

The rain stayed away for the GP2 Sprint Race in Spa, making lifedifficult for Alexander and the other front runners who had gambledon Saturday, using both sets of prime tyres.

From the outset it was clear that Alexander could not defend hisstarting position against the cars on new primes, he dropped downthe order to 22nd and with six laps to go pitted for theoption tyre.

With the car performing well after the pit stop Alexander recordedthe fastest lap, some consolation for a tough sprint race.

After his non-finish yesterday Sergio was able to use a new set ofprime tyres and progress cleanly from 23rd on the gridto take the chequered flag in a very respectable12th.

Alexander Rossi "We adopted a strategy yesterdaywhich matched that of the leaders, using both prime tyres whichmeant that if we didn't have rain today it was going to be verydifficult - which it certainly was.

"I was expecting it to be tough but the fact that I was losing reargrip from lap one in an 18 lap race meant I couldn't defend andfight. After switching to the soft tyre the car was good and Imanaged to get fastest lap but by then there was nothing I could doabout my position.

"We need to appreciate that we maximised our opportunity yesterdaywith our podium finish and we knew that it was going to be a bit ofa sacrifice today without new prime tyres if it didn't rain.

"I am now looking forward to Monza and more good results."

Sergio Canamasas "I am happy that I can end theweekend with a clean race, having made many overtaking manoeuvresand go home on a positive note.

"The car felt really good all the way through the race and it hasnot been speed that we have lacked this weekend, we've just had badluck.

"The only shame is that I did not score points today as I had goodpace but I am looking forward to Monza as it is a quick track thatI love and I will take this positive energy with me."
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 6-9-2013 09:05 PM | 显示全部楼层

Monza Preview               

• Added:                Mon 2 Sep, 2013

6th - 8th September 2013
Drivers
Car #15 - Alexander Rossi
The Autodromo Nazionale Monza hosts Round 9 of the GP2Championship, marking the close of the European season.
The circuit is located close to the city of Monza just north ofMilan and is steeped in history, with the remains of the bankedoval circuit a must see for motorsport enthusiasts. The track isnotoriously high speed with long straights and fast corners, makingit a calendar favourite for both Sergio and Alexander.
Following his podium in Spa Alexander hopes to continue hissuccess and travels to Italy with a positive attitude.
Sergio showed great pace in Spa and having proven that he canqualify well and overtake cleanly he also stands a great chance ofscoring points this weekend.
Monza Circuit Length: 5.793 km
Pirelli tyre options: P Zero Hard & P ZeroMedium
Weather forecast:  28 - 30°C (dry)
UK television coverage: Live on Sky Sports F1Channel
GP2 SCHEDULE (local time)
Fri 6th Sept:
Sat 7th Sept:
15.40 - 16.45 GP2 Race (30 Laps or 60 mins)
Sun 8th Sept:
10.35 - 11.25 GP2 Race (21 laps or 45 mins)

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 7-9-2013 09:46 AM | 显示全部楼层

Monza Qualifying               

• Added:                Fri 6 Sep, 2013

Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 6th Sept2013
Practice - 12.00 - 12.30
Car # 14 - Sergio Canamasas - P21 -1:33.369
Car #15 - Alexander Rossi - P10 - 1:32.743
Weather: Air temp 28˚C / Track temp 36˚C -Dry

Car # 14 - Sergio Canamasas - P26 -1:34.963
Car #15 - Alexander Rossi - P15 - 1:32.447
Weather: Air temp 32˚C / Track Temp 42˚C -Dry
Qualifying for round 9 of the GP2 Championship got underway insweltering conditions at the historic Monza circuit.
Sergio was pushing hard, attempting to replicate his top tenqualifying performance in Spa but on his third run he exceeded thelimit, leaving the track at Parabolica and ending his session inthe gravel.
Alexander had good pace on his first set of tyres and looked setfor a top ten grid position but traffic hampered his second run andhe qualified fifteenth for tomorrows feature race.
Alexander Rossi "I'm quite disappointed afterlooking through the data as we had the pace to be fifth or sixthbut that is the way it is sometimes with traffic. I did not get aclean run on my second set of tyres and with eleven out of the topfourteen improving on that run I lost out.
"In Spa we had a really good race car so I am not massivelyconcerned about today but we will have to tick all the boxestomorrow and make it into the top eight."
Sergio Canamasas "It was obviously not a goodqualifying for me and spinning at Parabolica ended my chances inthe session.
"For sure I am convinced something good will happen soon andtomorrow I have a set of new tyres so I should have a betterstrategy than the others around me.
"Now I need to focus on the positive things and I am expectingto pass and overtake a lot of cars tomorrow, which I am lookingforward to."

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

所属分类: 爱车专区

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

版权所有 © 1996-2023 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd (483575-W)|IPSERVERONE 提供云主机|广告刊登|关于我们|私隐权|免控|投诉|联络|脸书|佳礼资讯网

GMT+8, 19-6-2024 07:01 AM , Processed in 0.067837 second(s), 21 queries , Gzip On.