反正lotus还是新对第一。
maocheng 发表于 27-6-2010 10:17 PM

可是这场是新队最后第一了。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 27-6-2010 11:10 PM | 显示全部楼层
EUROPEAN GRAND PRIX

Valencia, 27th June 2010

After a very promising build up to the European Grand Prix, Lotus Racing leave Valencia relieved that Heikki Kovalainen and Red Bull’s Mark Webber both came out of a potentially very dangerous crash on lap 10 unscathed, and encouraged by Jarno Trulli’s race pace after a very unfortunate start to his afternoon’s work saw him make an early stop for a new front wing, before going on to finish 21st.

Jarno Trulli (Chassis T127-04) Qualified 19th, finished 21st “I don’t know exactly what happened at the beginning as I managed to get away from the mess at the front but I was hit from the back and at the same time lost my front wing. It all happened during the first lap, so I thought it was the end of the race for me, but I managed to get back to the pits, and the mechanics did a great job to fix the car. I went out but had a gearbox problem, so more good work from the boys got me back out and I was then able to run to the end. I did the whole race with one set of tyres, and I felt that the pace throughout was very good. The handling was great, so I’m happy about the performance and when I pushed I was able to put in some really good lap times.”

Heikki Kovalainen (Chassis T127-01) Qualified 20th, DNF “First of all it’s good news that both of us are ok. Mark had a hardcore flight, and it could have ended up much worse, so it’s good we’re both fine. It’s such a shame the race ended that early – I was going really well, pulling away from the guys behind by about half a second a lap, and with Mark we were racing for position so I was always going to defend. I didn’t do anything wrong and he just ran into me. I think he missed his braking point and he ran into me at a very bad angle – his front tyre hit my right rear and he took off. I had to make a mandatory visit to the medical centre, and shook hands with Mark there, but I’m absolutely fine, and glad Mark is too.”

Mike Gascoyne, Chief Technical Officer: “Obviously it was a very disappointing end to our 500th race. Jarno got hit at the start, and we had to change the nose. He also took a hit at the back, and that caused a gearbox problem. We were able to fix that and send him out again, although he was three laps down. He was held up by some of the other slower cars, but at the end of the race he was able to push and really show the car’s pace.

“Heikki had an accident with Webber - he was defending his line and racing for position, and that’s what we will always do in that situation. It’s just a great shame, and we’re very glad that neither driver was hurt.”

Tony Fernandes, Team Principal: “Heikki’s accident is part of racing. It’s a shame as both cars are coming on really well, but there is some good to take out of this. Despite being hit, Jarno managed to finish the race, and at the end it was great to hear him say ‘the car is bloody good!’

“Overall it’s been a very positive weekend, with a good Qualifying session and lots of very positive meetings and good decisions made for next year. It’s also been a pleasure having the Chapman family here, and now we’re all looking forward to bringing Lotus Racing back to the UK and racing in front of the British fans.”
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 28-6-2010 06:35 PM | 显示全部楼层
Lotus plans to stick with Cosworth power
ESPNF1 Staff

Cosworth has played down rumours that Lotus is set to switch to Renault power for the 2011 season.

Recently, the British independent engine maker also played down speculation Williams could change suppliers, insisting the team last year signed a three-year contract. But Germany's Auto Motor und Sport reports that, like Williams, Lotus has also been disappointed with Cosworth's 2010 engine, including driveability issues and performance degradation.

"With Lotus, as with all the new teams, we have a three-year contract," Cosworth's business director Mark Gallagher said in Valencia.

He added that he had spoken with Lotus team owner Tony Fernandes about the rumours.

"He told me that they were contacted by all three of the engine companies," said Gallagher, referring to Renault, Ferrari and Mercedes. "That is the reward for being the best of the new teams. He told us that for next season, they are planning (to be) with us."
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 28-6-2010 07:33 PM | 显示全部楼层
Lotus plans to stick with Cosworth power
ESPNF1 Staff

Cosworth has played down rumours that Lotu ...
He told us that for next season, they are planning (to be) with us
maocheng 发表于 28-6-2010 06:35 PM

这样的话在其它技术方面就要加把劲了
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 30-6-2010 09:52 PM | 显示全部楼层
LOTUS RACING OPENS THE FACTORY DOORS

Hingham, UK 30th June 2010

Lotus Racing has today announced that it is throwing open the doors of its factory in Hingham, UK, for fans to take an exclusive look behind the scenes of the inner workings of the fastest new team in the Formula One™ World Championship. Paying guests now have the chance to take a tour of the team’s Norfolk home in 1½ hour tours, where they will see each of the key areas of the factory, including the Design Office, Composite and Machine Shops, Race Bays and the Race Team workshops – everything needed to build and run a modern F1™ team. In addition, guests will also have the opportunity to see the T127 race car up close and meet the people who make it all happen.

Guests will be shown around by dedicated tour guides, who will ensure that every visitor will be leave with a detailed understanding of all the processes that go into making a modern Formula One™ car¸ as well as a unique gift bag that will add to the lasting memories of their day at the team’s home. The factory is less than ten minutes from the original Lotus factory in Hethel, only 15 miles from Norwich and 105 miles from London, so it can be reached in less than three hours from the UK capital. As they are already experts in travelling to and from their UK base to races around the world, the team can also provide advice and assistance with transfers to and from Hingham, and local accommodation requests, at additional costs.

To ensure the race cars are in the factory, limited dates are available right now, and requests will be accommodated on a first-come, first serve basis. Three tours will take place each day, for groups of ten, and times can be arranged to suit each group. The first dates available now are listed below – more dates from August and through to the end of the year will be announced shortly:

Wednesday June 30th, Thursday July 1st, Friday July 2nd, Monday July 5th, Tuesday July 6th

Tuesday July 13th, Wednesday July 14th, Thursday July 15th, Friday July 16th

Wednesday August 4th, Thursday August 5th, Friday August 6th

Prices are £80 per person, with under-17’s half price at £40, and under-12’s go free – fantastic value for a once in a lifetime opportunity to take a look at the inner workings of a modern Formula One™ team.

For bookings, please email the dedicated Lotus Racing Factory Tour booking service on factorytours@lotusracing.my
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 5-7-2010 03:08 PM | 显示全部楼层
FAIRUZ FAUZY CONFIRMED FOR FOUR MORE FRIDAY PRACTICE RUNS

Hingham, UK / Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 5th July 2010

Lotus Racing has today confirmed that Fairuz Fauzy will be driving in Friday Practice for the team at four more races in 2010, adding to the mileage he already has under his belt from the pre-season tests at Jerez and Barcelona, and the excellent contribution he made in FP1 at the Malaysian Grand Prix in April. He will be taking part in FP1 at Silverstone, Hungary, Singapore and the season-closing Abu Dhabi races, taking over Jarno Trulli’s T127-04, and Heikki Kovalainen’s T127-01 chassis at two races each.

Fairuz is understandably excited about the challenge ahead, starting with the team’s second home race at Silverstone this weekend: “First I want to thank Tony, Mike and the whole team for the chance to get back in the car. I really can’t wait to see how far we’ve moved forward since I was last out on track, and I’m very proud to have been given the chance to play another active role in our continuing development. I did the shakedown of chassis 04 at Snetterton a couple of weeks ago, but obviously couldn’t really push there, so it’ll be great to get back out and add whatever I can to help the team keep moving towards the midfield. To start out at Silverstone is going to be very special indeed – I live literally a few metres from the track, so I’ll have a lot of friends, family and fans there to cheer me and the whole team on, and it’ll be great to be among the first F1 cars to try out the new section. I’m also really looking forward to the other three races, particularly Singapore as there is a unique challenge to racing under the lights, but also because there will be a lot of fans there from Malaysia and Singapore, and it’ll be great to put on a good show for them.”

Mike Gascoyne is also looking forward to seeing Fairuz in the car: “Every time Fairuz has been out on track for us he’s done a great job, and taking part in four more races is a just reward for the contribution he’s already made to the establishment and growth of our team. It’s another chance for us to learn more about how to get the most out of him in the car, as well as providing us with another invaluable viewpoint on the characteristics of our car.”

Tony Fernandes, Team Principal: “I’m absolutely delighted Fairuz will back in the hot seat at four more races – he’s done an excellent job for us whenever he’s been out on track, and his enthusiasm and input throughout race weekends, whether he’s in or out of the car, has made him a real asset to the whole team. But for me it’s not just about the fact he’ll be taking part in those Friday sessions – it’s also important to see that Fairuz is proving that hard work, perseverance and dedication can make dreams come true, whoever you are, and wherever you are in the world. Everyone in Malaysia is behind him, and Zulfahmi Khairuddin in MotoGP 125, another Malaysian flying the flag in international motorsport, and they are proving that talent and dedication can take you right to the very top. Fahmi will be adding more points to his tally very soon, and while Fairuz isn’t yet in a position to score points, his technical input will provide us with more very useful data, and that’s obviously very important. Equally important is the inspirational role he continues to play which will, I believe, also help us take another step forward, and I’d like to thank him for that as well.”
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 7-7-2010 10:20 AM | 显示全部楼层
GREEN AND YELLOW BACK AT SILVERSTONE

Hingham, UK 6th July 2010

The British Grand Prix at Silverstone, the next stop in the 2010 Formula One™ World Championship, will see the iconic green and yellow colours of Lotus Racing make an emotional return to the team’s second home, giving British fans their first chance to see the sport’s fastest new team in full race action at the revised Silverstone circuit. Lotus Racing are looking forward to a very busy weekend on and off the track, aiming to continue their progress towards the midfield with a host of aerodynamic and mechanical upgrades on the cars, giving their third driver Fairuz Fauzy another stint in the cockpit in the first practice session on Friday, and the official launch of their new motorhome in the paddock, with Hazel Chapman performing the opening ceremony on Sunday morning.

Heikki Kovalainen, Chassis T127-01 "The first sector of the circuit is the best sector on the whole F1™ calendar - lots of fast bits that require maximum commitment. I haven’t driven the new part yet but I’ve heard it’s going to be great and we have some more updates coming that I hope will keep moving us closer to those ahead and further away from the other new teams.

“The fans are always fantastic at Silverstone. You can see from the campsites all around the area that they are big followers of F1™ and they are always really nice and friendly. The Classic Team Lotus Festival at Snetterton really showed just how much support the British people give us so it’s going to be great to race on home soil and see a lot of Lotus Racing flags waving in the grandstands!”

Jarno Trulli, Chassis T127–04: “Silverstone will definitely be another important weekend for us, the first time a Lotus has raced in F1™ in the UK for a long time, and our second home race. I think we’ll have a lot of support there, and I hope we’ll do well – the British fans are very knowledgeable and there’s always a lot of them, so it’ll be a great show, whatever happens. There’s a new layout, and it’ll be very interesting to see how quick that’s going to be – we’ll be looking at how it affects the tyres and what strategies and setups will be best for us, so all in all I’m looking forward to getting over there.”

Fairuz Fauzy: “I know Silverstone very well, both from racing there numerous times in the past, and also because I live right next to the circuit. I’m very excited about getting out on track in front of my friends, family and fans, and it’ll be a real honour to not only be one of the first F1™ cars to try out the new layout, but also to be able to bring the Lotus marque back to its spiritual home. The new layout looks very quick, and it’ll be very interesting to see how best to attack it, so I’ll do the best job I can to help the team maximise the upgrades we’ve put on the car at one of my favourite tracks in the world.”

Mike Gascoyne: “We’re looking to take another step forward this weekend, with an update package that will give us another chance to take the fight to the teams ahead. We have a number of lightweight parts across the car that, among other benefits, will help us use the ballast more effectively, giving our drivers a better chance to optimise balance and setup. We also have the last major aero modifications of the season, including a new floor and various bodywork updates, and then the design team’s attention turns to next year’s car. It’s a very exciting time for Lotus Racing, and our second home race of the season will be a great occasion for everyone associated with our team, and a great chance for the fans to see us in competitive action for the first time in the UK.”

Tony Fernandes: “Silverstone is obviously an important race for us, and it’s going to be very busy for everyone in the team. A lot of the guys at the factory will be in the stands, alongside our growing army of fans, and it’s great that we’re giving them the chance to see our green and yellow cars taking the fight to the established midfield teams at the home of motor racing. It’s a great honour for us to welcome Hazel Chapman in on Sunday - she’s going to officially open our new motorhome, and that’ll be a great occasion for all of us – I hope we can continue to do justice to Colin’s legacy as we find more pace, lighten the car and grow as a team, and with Hazel and Clive Chapman at Silverstone with us I think we’re in very good company at our second home race.”
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 8-7-2010 11:47 PM | 显示全部楼层

British Grand Prix - Thursday 8th July 2010

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 9-7-2010 12:19 AM | 显示全部楼层
LG HELPING LOTUS RACING PUSH FORWARD

Silverstone, UK 8th July 2010

Halfway through Lotus Racing’s first Formula One™ season and the team keeps making significant progress in its efforts to close the gap to the established midfield teams. Now, approaching the 2010 Formula One™ Santander British Grand Prix at Silverstone, Lotus Racing is comfortably the fastest of the new teams on the 2010 grid. A number of factors are contributing to the team’s quick development, including the burgeoning relationship with LG, the global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics who became a Technical Partner of the team early in the season.

LG, the Korean electronics giant which is now in its second year as an active supporter of F1™, is now very visible both on and off track with Lotus Racing. At the team’s UK factory, as well as the garages at each race, and the motorhome taken to every European race, LG screens play an integral role in the communication of data and moving image content to team members and guests, providing state of the art images that both inform and entertain throughout all aspects of the team’s development.

Andrew Barrett, VP Global Sponsorship for LG Electronics commented on the successful start to the relationship with Lotus Racing, saying: “Just a few races into our partnership with Lotus Racing and we were already enjoying the benefits of a team association. With Lotus Racing’s help, we have significantly enhanced our Formula 1™ online programs, our at-track guest experiences, and our away from track promotions and events. If the speed and impact of these programs are any indication, we can expect even greater benefits to flow LG’s way in the months to come.”

Lotus Racing’s Head of IT, Bill Peters, is also delighted with the contribution LG have already made to the team’s growth: “As soon as LG came on board we started working together to identify the areas that would give us immediate benefits, and quickly had screens integrated into the garages, motorhome and factory. We obviously need to focus our budget wherever we can on making our car as fast as possible, and our partnership with LG immediately solved a logistical challenge, and integrated class-leading technology into the very heart of the team, both at our permanent base, and away at races – frankly it couldn’t have started any better!”
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 9-7-2010 06:43 PM | 显示全部楼层
DELL JOINS LOTUS RACING AS AN OFFICIAL TECHNICAL SUPPLIER

Silverstone, UK 9th July 2010

The fastest new team in Formula One™ is delighted to announce that Dell™ has joined our Official Technical Supplier roster. Innovation and technology have been at the heart of Formula One™ since its inception. To compete effectively in today’s modern era, teams need best in class partners in order to accelerate on and off-track development.

Dell’s technology solutions have already been integrated across the company to form a robust infrastructure to support the business. This solution is comprised of:

- Dedicated supercomputer hardware and software to power the team’s Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) systems, used to simulate aerodynamic behaviour in a virtual environment

- The latest Dell PowerEdgeTM servers and a network infrastructure to meet all the team’s factory requirements and offer top security

- Trackside servers and a network infrastructure to run all computer requirements on-site at races and tests

- Cutting edge notebooks supported by Dell SaaS to enable end user computing on-the-go

Bill Peters, Lotus Racing’s Head of IT: “One of the first priorities in creating our team from the ground up was to identify a technology partner who could provide a variety of IT solutions for us as soon as possible, and one who could be flexible enough to meet our demands both at the factory and at the track. With less than 22 weeks build time, that’s a big ask, but Dell were our only choice for the role. Dell delivered in terms of hardware, software and most importantly in terms of support and adaptability. I am very pleased that the mission critical work we have done together over the past six months can formally be recognised today on the eve of the British Grand Prix.”

Stephen Murdoch, VP & GM of Large Enterprise, EMEA, Dell: “We’re thrilled to be working with Lotus Racing to provide a high performance and reliable end-to-end IT solution to help drive the business both on and off the track. What we’ve already achieved together in a short period of time has been phenomenal and we are excited about the role Dell can play in supporting the organization’s future growth enabling Lotus Racing to focus on what it does best - achieve excellence in racing.”
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

所属分类: 爱车专区

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

版权所有 © 1996-2023 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd (483575-W)|IPSERVERONE 提供云主机|广告刊登|关于我们|私隐权|免控|投诉|联络|脸书|佳礼资讯网

GMT+8, 25-9-2024 09:11 AM , Processed in 0.132509 second(s), 22 queries , Gzip On.